What's new

Fixing issue with ppl not playing and keep paying taxes.

yes but there are ppl that only decorate their houses and dont plant anything and u would force them to plant and i think people should be free to do whatever they want with land

If there is a middle point found where all the parties are more or less satisfied, we'll think of such change possibility. But as we can see from this thread, currently, no middle way is found. We'll, however, keep this thread open, so you can keep the discussion going.

The only middle point has nothing to do with taxes or gold, It would be to place a limit on the amount of properties allowed to be owned by each individual.

What irks people is that someone may have more then them and they can not compete because there is no more land available for them to build their empire in one place.

People hate to see others have more then them so they take to places like this to try to force the people with more to lose it.

Then you have to figure how to tally it up and be allowed 8 16s or 4 28s or 2 44s or whatever

I don't play anymore so your assumption is wrong. Am also failing to see how asking for a change is selfish. Because I think it's the other way around.

You asked me why I am here?? You do not even play anymore so why TF are you here and what does any of this have to do with you ??

yes but there are ppl that only decorate their houses and dont plant anything and u would force them to plant and i think people should be free to do whatever they want with land
I can make the same argument for people who just want to own land and not plant or use it :)

I can make the same argument for people who just want to own land and not plant or use it :)

Right but if u play active u should be allowed to do whatever with ur land, right ? Thing is to punish ppl that just log in to pay taxes and useing infinite self replenishing labor that they got for existing and all they got to do walk to door and spend entire labor for taxes. thats why i proposing to use gold to pay taxes. If they want plant baobabs on farms and sell them to NPC's fine but that take time and at some points some ppl give up if it will take more than 3 min.

You asked me why I am here?? You do not even play anymore so why TF are you here and what does any of this have to do with you ??
You are playing white knight for the people that we complain about even though you have nothing to do with it. So why do you think you have the right to discuss things that don't affect you but I don't ?
Remember when you called me selfish ? ?‍♂️

Reason I'm here is because when I played, I was really annoyed by my ghost neighbour. And I think it makes more sense to have the devs act in favor of an active player rather than someone clearly neither playing nor returning.

There should be some kind of use it or lose it mechanism to property. I mean if we are going to have petty things like XP requirements for guilds to have rank, then maybe we should have some kind of xp requirement for land. There is a property near me that has been there since 3.0. I don't think I have ever seen the player. There is land sitting empty all over the game and the auction house is seriously hurting for mats. Seems nobody works for anything anymore.

But as far as availability goes... there is free land all over the place. Just in 2 housing areas in Lilyut alone, I found space for a 28, three 24's, and multiple 16's.

I would like to add this thought: if you aren't using your land, why not open it up to your family or better yet... your guild? Go one step further and encourage your guild members to use the land. Make it productive. It helps them and it helps the game.

Bingo ! Why not make some type of plants like the experia plants that give you housing xp instead of guild xp and you have to plant and pick so many too keep the xp up or lose the land.

You are using the land or losing the land !

Also, get rid of any type of properties that you are unable to plant on, they are obviously useless if you can not plant on them so people can see you are using them.

You are playing white knight for the people that we complain about even though you have nothing to do with it. So why do you think you have the right to discuss things that don't affect you but I don't ?
Remember when you called me selfish ? ?‍♂️

Reason I'm here is because when I played, I was really annoyed by my ghost neighbour. And I think it makes more sense to have the devs act in favor of an active player rather than someone clearly neither playing nor returning.

This will be my last reply to you as it seems you are only after derailing this thread, I log in every day and do my chores and log off, so yes this does have to do with me thank you very much . I also still pay for donations even though I may not ''have nothing to do with it'' to buy any new clothes I may like !

I take the OP wants another mansion? Don't you have like 3 of them? There was tons of land open in Sunbite and still is. There is land in Peerinor that was sitting open for at least a month and I am sure there is still some space for a couple of 16 x 16's. There some spots that are still open in Auroria. There are people coming and going all of the time. I am always seeing new houses pop up, they leave after a few weeks and a new house is put up by someone else. Who cares if someone is just logging in to just pay their taxes. They might be getting burnt out or are doing different things since there plenty of things to do in this game. FFS what is wrong with people looking for land. NO they are not going to get the absolute, exact spot they want but that is the way it is. Someone recently built a mansion near me and 8 large farms and there is still some space open.

I dont think there is any need for changes to the tax system. Or limit how many houses a person can have or not have. There are plenty of lands, and if you want a 'good' spot, then work on getting one or get over it and get a spot that isnt as good. As for new players, they can either wait for demo's or find one to buy, as with any game if you come in late, you are going to be behind, simple as that.

Right but if u play active u should be allowed to do whatever with ur land, right ? Thing is to punish ppl that just log in to pay taxes and useing infinite self replenishing labor that they got for existing and all they got to do walk to door and spend entire labor for taxes. thats why i proposing to use gold to pay taxes. If they want plant baobabs on farms and sell them to NPC's fine but that take time and at some points some ppl give up if it will take more than 3 min.
How do you know people are not planting and when the crops are done they pick them and don't plant until the next day? You would have to watch everyone's land 24/7 to see who is planting and who isn't. Some people might be more active using their land during certain times that others. They might be plant crops once a week because that is all the game time they have and they are doing it at a time when you are not on. Just to go and take land away from people because you feel like it isn't right. You had land in Silent forest sitting around for the longest time and you did nothing with it. I take it this is just a troll thread because you are bored.

@sugarrush I think it's safe to say that if you are a player such as havoc or me who spend multiple hours a day playing the game at all sorts of times over the course of multiple months, that you are very well able to judge if the property next to you is being used or not.

Anyways I give up. Too many people not reading anything therefore not understanding the point.

How do you know people are not planting and when the crops are done they pick them and don't plant until the next day? You would have to watch everyone's land 24/7 to see who is planting and who isn't. Some people might be more active using their land during certain times that others. They might be plant crops once a week because that is all the game time they have and they are doing it at a time when you are not on. Just to go and take land away from people because you feel like it isn't right. You had land in Silent forest sitting around for the longest time and you did nothing with it. I take it this is just a troll thread because you are bored.

Cuz i was observing some individuals that have multiple properties for over a year, having them on my friend list and noting when they log in and they log in couple times a week for couple minutes to craft taxes and to pay taxes only and then log off. i play 17h a day with onnly 3-4 monts break when have busy months with work. i didint miss when they log in belive me. Land is empty till this day and they continiue only logiing in to pay taxes. I even talked with some of them and most common answer why they do that is that they hold land to hold land cuz its free.

As well u have to be aweare about existance of alt accounts and that some ppl hoard land on multiple accounts cuz they dont have to pay for it, u know just spend labor for taxes. Situation would be harder for that ppl if they had to spend actual gold instead of tax certs.

And dont get me wrong, I dont care what ppl do with their land as long they play and they should be allowed to do whatever they want with it. But as long they play.

Last edited:
Cuz i was observing some individuals that have multiple properties for over a year, having them on my friend list and noting when they log in and they log in couple times a week for couple minutes to craft taxes and to pay taxes only and then log off. i play 17h a day with onnly 3-4 monts break when have busy months with work. i didint miss when they log in belive me. Land is empty till this day and they continiue only logiing in to pay taxes. I even talked with some of them and most common answer why they do that is that they hold land to hold land cuz its free.

As well u have to be aweare about existance of alt accounts and that some ppl hoard land on multiple accounts cuz they dont have to pay for it, u know just spend labor for taxes. Situation would be harder for that ppl if they had to spend actual gold instead of tax certs.

And dont get me wrong, I dont care what ppl do with their land as long they play and they should be allowed to do whatever they want with it. But as long they play.

First of all, so what? You had a mansion in silent forest you did nothing with for the longest time. The guy you bought that mansion from, at one time perfectly spaced out his farms so he could take up as much space in that area as possible and no one else could put a farm down, not even an 8x8. He did that on purpose. He would log on to just pay taxes. There were times when that land sat empty and sometimes it has trees. There are people like that, So you just deal with it.

Second there is plenty of land available. Even is the land is free people don't hold onto it forever. You wait a few months and new land opens up somewhere else. With in the last week, I was able to find land in Auroria, Peerinor, Windscour and that is without even trying.

You propose people use gold instead of tax certs. Doing something like that will screw people over who sell certs on the AH. Botting will make a come back. If that happens more alt accounts will be created completely defeating the solution for a non existent problem because again, because there is plenty of land available. And if Someone could just download a program and while at work let it run for a few hours. Does that really count as playing? Personally, I don't think it does. If people are using all of their gold for taxes, it hurts them because it is that much less people can spend on upgrading gear and buying credits which helps this server. It hurts those doing trade runs cause the price for packs will go down. It overall will create more competition for farming spots. Which some may like that, while others may not. The staff here is pretty good at stopping alt accounts, cheaters, ect, so I am not worried in the least little bit.

First of all, so what? You had a mansion in silent forest you did nothing with for the longest time. The guy you bought that mansion from, at one time perfectly spaced out his farms so he could take up as much space in that area as possible and no one else could put a farm down, not even an 8x8. He did that on purpose. He would log on to just pay taxes. There were times when that land sat empty and sometimes it has trees. There are people like that, So you just deal with it.

Second there is plenty of land available. Even is the land is free people don't hold onto it forever. You wait a few months and new land opens up somewhere else. With in the last week, I was able to find land in Auroria, Peerinor, Windscour and that is without even trying.

You propose people use gold instead of tax certs. Doing something like that will screw people over who sell certs on the AH. Botting will make a come back. If that happens more alt accounts will be created completely defeating the solution for a non existent problem because again, because there is plenty of land available. And if Someone could just download a program and while at work let it run for a few hours. Does that really count as playing? Personally, I don't think it does. If people are using all of their gold for taxes, it hurts them because it is that much less people can spend on upgrading gear and buying credits which helps this server. It hurts those doing trade runs cause the price for packs will go down. It overall will create more competition for farming spots. Which some may like that, while others may not. The staff here is pretty good at stopping alt accounts, cheaters, ect, so I am not worried in the least little bit.

Do you realize crafting tax certificates is one of the worst posible things to do with labor ? if u play game u never craft tax certs u buy them from bots/alt accounts that craft tax certs.

Do you realize crafting tax certificates is one of the worst posible things to do with labor ? if u play game u never craft tax certs u buy them from bots/alt accounts that craft tax certs.
Are you saying that you are buying tax certs from bots/alt accounts? Names please.

Are you saying that you are buying tax certs from bots/alt accounts? Names please.

i dont know names they are from AH Sparkle meaby u check them and where that gold is going.

Example
max prof larceny 1 coinpurse 6 labor cost 1g produced
tax certificate 5 tax cert 180 labor 5g produced,

So u can get 1g per 36 labor from crafring taxes vs 1g from coinpurse for 6 labr. This is 6x worse thing to do. Ur 6 months of play time is worth 1 month of a person that open coinpurses and i dont even add part that coinpurses not only contain gold. So there are only couple option for this happening alt account, mentally handicapped person or someone legit dont have time to play for some period of time and dumping labor to dump labor in any way but just fast.

That change would only hurt people that dont have time to play and would like to dump some labor fast and thats the idea to hurt ppl that dont play. Yes i know there are diferent situations in life ppl have to move from place to place take some brakes lose conection to inthernet cuz of tornados or tsunamis i know shit happens. But for that argument we have Tax prepay up to 5 weeks and i belive this is enought or meaby we could increase tax prepay for even longer but that not up to me.

Back