What's new

New guilds content: guild functions!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sadly most people that I talk to about the guild bank, and me included, are rather disappointed that there's a steep weekly fee to be able to keep using it. A silly gold sink that isn't worth it.

Sadly most people that I talk to about the guild bank, and me included, are rather disappointed that there's a steep weekly fee to be able to keep using it. A silly gold sink that isn't worth it.
I agree, the heavy weekly fee makes it not worth it. For most the idea of a Guild Bank is a common place to save gold for Guild functions (Gear, potions, bid gold) So unless it changes to an acceptable cost I don't see many Guilds using this option. Why waste 2k gold a week that could be used in a more productive manner. Where does this gold go? I assume it vanishes, with that said why not just drag and drop 2k gold items? Sound like a good time to anyone? I guess we can go back to just using a chest set to guild.

This Guild Bank in game is a really good idea and I hate to see it not being used because of the steep weekly gold cost. I know using the Guild Bank is, " A Choice and we don't have to use it if we do not want to pay the fee." I feel that quote would likely be the admin response if history repeats. But if no one uses the new Guild Bank functions what was the point in all the hard work put in to make it possible? So if no Guilds use the Bank function is it working as intended? If it was then 10/10

You mentioned 2k gold, but that is a cost for a max number of slots. You can choose less, for example, for 400 gold. If you have 50 members, it's just 8 gold per player; in other case, it's a bit more if you have less members.
8 gold shouldn't be a very big amount for a player per week.

Attaching a gold cost to the bank makes all that time and effort wasted. A real shame as its something many of us have been looking forward to for what felt like an eternity. guild xp as the currency to fund the bank made sense as particularly once you hit rank 8 the guild xp is doing nothing.

People are already spending gold to craft experia daily. No guild leader is going to ask their members to contribute gold to a system that can be substituted for a chest and the mail system. We have enough gold sinks already.

Unlike mails and chests, even if you don't pay for the guild bank for the long time, items there will not expire and disappear there. So, it's not really a good comparison. As you remember, mails can expire, same as chests, if house is demolished and mail with chest is not picked up.​
And that is not the only big difference, as if we take mail as example, it can be used and seen only by 1 person. And chest, if set for the guild, can be used by every guild member (you can't set specific rights and restrictions) and you can add only items there.
But guild bank allows you to store not only items, but also gold, as well as allows you to set multiple specific rights for every guild member group, if not to mention that it can be accessed from almost everywhere. 8 gold per member is not a big price for it.​

I'm not going to tax my guild members for a feature that can be substituted with minimal fuss. From the discussions i've had with others i'm not alone in this.

Great feature, not so great implementation. Shame.

I'm not going to tax my guild members for a feature that can be substituted with minimal fuss. From the discussions i've had with others i'm not alone in this.

Great feature, not so great implementation. Shame.

Good try on explaining, too bad it doesn't come across.

Gold requirements were reduced to 1g. You can find all the details regarding the minor changes related to already added guild functions (quests and bank) HERE.

Partially released!

- Guild Quests --> released [LINK]
- Guild Bank --> released [LINK]
- improved Guild Buffs --> newly released [LINK]
- improved Guild Shop --> will be released soon

This would be a QoL update but is it possible to have it where we can just shift to different cells with an arrow button rather then having to close then re-open the guild bank to open different cells.

Unfortunately, if we do it, the majority of the players will have the issues with client crashes. That's why the max number of slots in all chests and player warehouse is 150 as game client can't support more.

Is there a way the cell menu can stay open behind the chest window? So closing the chest takes you back to the cells?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back