What's new

ArcheRage 4.7 (development-release info)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Make it so that you can craft Runescribe Quills. These are added in 4.7 to make the Sacred Hiram Awakening Scrolls and are available from the prestige shop. In the 5.3 patch they make it so that can craft them. I think it would be nice to have both options. The recipe in 5.3 is 100 glossy feathers, 10 Sunlight Archeum Essence, 10 Moonlight Archeum Essence, and 5 Onyx Archeum Essence (this is the new version of Charcoal, its the exact same afaik).

It isn't a forced grid, it just makes planting easier, can still plant around the grid too tho it will take some getting used to as it snaps your plants etc. into place sorta easily.

Afaik it has no effect on house decoration.

Oh, please no. When i say decorating, i do not mean house decorations. I place trees, ducks, goats, animal pens, and sometimes flowers in different places around my 'yard' area for decoration. And, more functionally, when planting several fruit trees i leave a very small space between each tree, so that when one dies it's easier to plant a new one in between. Or being able to squeeze 20 trees on a 16x16 by staggering them just exactly right, instead of only fitting 16 in alignment. When planting bundles i separate them out into small sections, depending on what all i need to grow that day. Same with coral. And my larders are sectioned out to where there are a small number ready to pack up each day, sectioned off from tomorrow's larders.

When i say "forced," i mean is it an option you can turn off, like a setting. What is being described as "easier to plant" is making me cringe at the thought of how messed up my daily planting will be if everything i try to plant is trying to 'snap' to somewhere i don't want it. ?

Make it so that you can craft Runescribe Quills. These are added in 4.7 to make the Sacred Hiram Awakening Scrolls and are available from the prestige shop. In the 5.3 patch they make it so that can craft them. I think it would be nice to have both options. The recipe in 5.3 is 100 glossy feathers, 10 Sunlight Archeum Essence, 10 Moonlight Archeum Essence, and 5 Onyx Archeum Essence (this is the new version of Charcoal, its the exact same afaik).
They don't skip patches and add things early from future updates.

When i say "forced," i mean is it an option you can turn off, like a setting. What is being described as "easier to plant" is making me cringe at the thought of how messed up my daily planting will be if everything i try to plant is trying to 'snap' to somewhere i don't want it. ?
The grid snap has been a huge request in the community for a long time to come to our server.

leave crafting and packs alone. don't remove obsidian.

add new and keep old. this gives players the choice and then you can see trends and make decisions based on real data from this player base.

Many of us came here because we were dismayed by the changes in Live. Please don't make this another Live fiasco.

Keep obsidian, and let new players keep working on dead end low grade armor that won't hold up much past 5.0? With mats that will have to now be re-added to the client, and yet even more clutter for our very small inventory spaces?

People quit live every single patch even at 2.0, 2.5, 3.0, etc. People raged every single patch and quit. This isn't a time capsule server, and not every change is going to appeal to everyone. They said from the start 2 years ago that this was intended to progress to catch up to live, granted, we're still 3 years away from live, which continues to push updates from Korea and we'll never get close if we don't rip the bandaid of 'unpopular changes' and progress quickly to newer patches and actually address what's in the game THEN, not pick apart every single .2 patch cycle over a 6 month period.

Predita statue nerfed from 1000gold to 100g and it does require waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more effort to get it and less chance to get unlike mysterious crates even at treasure hunt day theres only 1 or 0 statues being found yet mysterious crates pop from 2 to 6 times every 3 hours "the repsawn timer" for it

Just because a form of income isnt to your liking it does not mean it should be removed. Mysterious crates have been nerfed heavily since 4.5 launched (whether the devs admit it or not) and spawns dropped from ~6 per cycle down to typically 1-2, occasionally one or two extra. Its pretty easy to spend 30-40 minutes running around looking and go home empty handed, and i could make double that reliably farming mobs in WH. Add to that the risk that if you get jumped you'll lose your entire paycheck.

Can we also keep the Vyrava trade packs in-game too? I know the game likes to reduce peoples income as much as possible, but it would be nice to make some exceptions occasionally

Please leave larceny and trade untouched. You are going to kill the amount of packs people are willing to move and consecuentially drop the charcoal production (now needed to make potions). You are going to disencourage people to purse farming as well, creating a big hole in the game economy. Making those changes in the two main ways of people making money is going to destroy the market (and eventually yours since people wont be interested in buying credits to sell and buy other stuff)

A lot of this will have been said before (and undoubtedly will be said again) but it's important you take notice for the health of the server, especially considering so little was done to 4.5 and we were left on it for too long.

Royal Seed and Scented Leaf are dropped from harvesting bundles, instead of seeds.

Please don't do this. While there is a great silent population of those who happily farm away, we're not part of a big server cluster and this and the ensuing price increase will start limiting viable packs. Have it drop from both.

Added new Lunafrosts to drop from crates: Cracked Lunafrosts, Whole Lunafrosts, and Flawless Lunafrosts.

This change registers high on the XLGAMES Pointless-and-no-fun change-o-meter that they like to get out to justify patches. This doesn't need to go live, the way the frosts are made and traded is fine already and hardly unbalanced. If this change has to be pushed live, at least make the resultant frosts tradeable to mitigate some of how much of a poor change this is.

Regrade Braziers and Radiant Archeum Saplings have been removed from crates and are now purchased directly from the Vocation Badge shop for 200 badges.

One of the nice things about this server is that you haven't clamped down on ways to make gold, Larceny is a case in point. You've kept it viable with its risk/reward without it being too much. This change will only hurt that, and doesn't make the game any more fun. Please don't introduce this. Let people play the way they want to play.

Lunafrosts and Experience potions can now drop from Crates.

As a small aside, those effing experience potions keep dropping until you have a stack of 100 taking up space somewhere. Also who is needing 1.5k experience pots at higher levels? Please remove them from Princes+ level bags and crates as they're just an annoyance.

Adjusted the recipes available from Apothecary's Villa.
  • Mossy Pool: removed Iris, Thistle, Cornflower, and Aloe; added 1 Charcoal Stabilizer.
  • Kraken's Might: removed Aloe, Cornflower, Thistle, and Iris; added 1 Charcoal Stabilizer.
  • Desert Fire: removed Lavender, Mushroom, Narcissus, and Lily; added 1 Charcoal Stabilizer.
  • Nui's Nova: removed Ginkgo Leaf, Lotus, Mushroom, and Lavender; added 1 Charcoal Stabilizer.
  • Deluxe Sandwich: removed Barley, Garlic, Yam, and Strawberry; added 1 Charcoal Stabilizer.
  • Hearty Soup: removed Barley, Tomato, Pumpkin, and Rosemary; added 1 Charcoal Stabilizer.
As mentioned, we're a small single server and this would likely spike the cost of charcoal and have a knock on effect in other areas. You've noted this before (in removing charcoal from hereafter stone and synthium stone recipes) and the smart decision would be to do the same here and keep charcoal out of these recipes.

Abyssal Shards and Abyssal Crystals will drop in the following quantities from dungeon bosses.
  • Greater Dungeons: Abyssal Shard x8-10
  • Sea of Drowned Love: Abyssal Crystal x3
  • Mistsong: Abyssal Crystal x2
Unless this is in addition to, rather than instead of, this is not a fun change and it doesn't need to be pushed live. When people need crystals most is when they are at their least geared (for the most part) and making it harder just erects another barrier for newer players, and we need newer players to stick around.

Adjusted the items for a Recovery Pouch: Leather increased from 1 to 5, Labor increased from 25 to 50.

Why? This is XL being shitty for the sake of being shitty, it doesn't achieve anything except to chip away at fun. Don't include this change.

All zones in the game are now classified with a trade prefix: Luxury, Fine, Commercial, and Preserved. Different prefixes denote how fast you may need to move a pack to a Trade Outlet in order to receive a bonus or maximum profit.
  • Luxury Zones: Solzreed Peninsula, Two Crowns, Cinderstone Moor, Solis Headlands, Villanelle.
  • Fine Zones: Dewstone Plains, Lilyut Hills, Marianople, Mahadevi, Tigerspine Mountains, Falcorth Plains.
  • Commercial Zones: Gweonid Forest, Aubre Cradle, White Arden, Airain Rock, Karkasse Ridgelands, Arcum Iris, Ynystere, Silent Forest, Sunbite Wilds.
  • Preserved Zones: Halcyona, Sanddeep, Hellswamp, Ahnimar, Windscour Savannah, Rookborne Basin, Perinoor Ruins, Rokhala Mountains, Hasla.
No. No no no no no. NO. It is unnecessary, unneeded, and adds nothing significant to the game. It renders peoples' land worthless overnight, creates enormous logistical problems for players and simply does not make the game any more fun. You've shown great sense in the past by leaving the old trade system in, and again by tweaking the new one to ensure it worked for our server. This is another place where you should intervene for the health of the server. This is a BAD change. Let people play the way they want to play, not be shoe-horned into rushed trade runs in specific locations by XL deciding that having sand in the sandbox is somehow bad. Nobody on the server currently is getting game-breakingly rich because they're running packs from Two Crowns to Solzreed overland in 17 minutes rather than 15. This change is just bad. Please use your discretion here and leave it out, or nerf it so hard pack staging can still take place without issue. Casual players are a thing too, after all.

Packs now also denote their creation in their name. Specialty packs denote a normal pack, Gilda Packs are created with Gilda Stars, Local Specialties are crafted at a trade plaza or community center workbench, Fertilizer Specialties are crafted at a Merchant's House, and Aged Specialties are crafted at larders.

This ones a bit RP. Don't change the pack names to generic ones, I really like they have their own silly individual names. The generic crap we get saddled with is so boring. ESPECIALLY if you show good sense and don't implement the freshness nonsense above!

• Increased the amount of stone bricks required to a craft a larder from 5 to 10.
  • Increased the amount of iron ingots required to craft a larder from 5 to 10.
Again pointless, doesn't achieve anything, just reduces larder viability a bit. Don't implement it please.

Thank you for taking the time to read all of this. If there are genuinely things that can't be implemented let us know sooner rather than later. A dialogue is a good thing, implementing changes the night before and dumping it on us rarely works out well, ESPECIALLY when there's no testing yet again. No-one wants an Endless Arrows level situation cropping up somewhere else.

Thanks!

Last edited:
I don't want to repeat what many others have already said, so I'll just say that I agree with everyone so far. So many of these changes are not needed. Leave the potion recipes as they are now, LEAVE THE TRADE SYSTEM THE WAY IT IS, leave the larder recipes the way they are now, leave royal seeds and scented leaves alone, and leave obsidian as an option for people.

Since no one seems to be able to answer my question about the planting grid being optional, i'll make it a suggestion.

Can you please make the snap-to feature a setting on the property info box? We already have a check box to "prevent removal of decor." Please also make a check box for applying this grid.

If people want to give up their ability to stagger planting to fit more bundles, corals, plants, trees on their property, they will be able to do so. But please make it an optional setting so people who want to fully utilize their property in their own way still have that control.

Since no one seems to be able to answer my question about the planting grid being optional, i'll make it a suggestion.

Can you please make the snap-to feature a setting on the property info box? We already have a check box to "prevent removal of decor." Please also make a check box for applying this grid.

If people want to give up their ability to stagger planting to fit more bundles, corals, plants, trees on their property, they will be able to do so. But please make it an optional setting so people who want to fully utilize their property in their own way still have that control.
I think you're misinterpreting how the 'snap' works. Nothing stops you from staggering.

I think you're misinterpreting how the 'snap' works. Nothing stops you from staggering.
If you people think it's too hard to manually plant things by just setting them down wherever you want, imagine if the system was automatically fighting against you the whole time. All i'm asking for is to make it optional.

If you people think it's too hard to manually plant things by just setting them down wherever you want, imagine if the system was automatically fighting against you the whole time. All i'm asking for is to make it optional.

I do believe I told you it just takes some getting used to it to not plant in the grid.

I do believe I told you it just takes some getting used to it to not plant in the grid.
Yes, you absolutely did. You are the only person who has offered any information about it at all and i appreciate that. All my comments afterward have been based on what you told me, that you have to "get used to it" because it "snaps into place sorta easily." Hence, my previous comment: If you people think it's too hard to manually plant things by just setting them down wherever you want, imagine if the system was automatically fighting against you the whole time.

I'm not fighting against the feature, i'm asking for it to be made optional. Not sure why people have to argue against me for asking for something that will let everybody have what they want. People want it your way 100% and only your way. I'm asking for an option to let everyone choose.

No devs have bothered to answer if it's an option or can be, no one has answered whether or not it's an option in live. I have not played live since 2015, it doesn't exist in my mind, only ArcheRage. I'm asking questions and making suggestions based off of very little information and instead of getting answers i'm just getting arguments. Guess i misinterpreted the purpose of this thread. My apologies.

They don't skip patches and add things early from future updates.

The grid snap has been a huge request in the community for a long time to come to our server.

Keep obsidian, and let new players keep working on dead end low grade armor that won't hold up much past 5.0? With mats that will have to now be re-added to the client, and yet even more clutter for our very small inventory spaces?

People quit live every single patch even at 2.0, 2.5, 3.0, etc. People raged every single patch and quit. This isn't a time capsule server, and not every change is going to appeal to everyone. They said from the start 2 years ago that this was intended to progress to catch up to live, granted, we're still 3 years away from live, which continues to push updates from Korea and we'll never get close if we don't rip the bandaid of 'unpopular changes' and progress quickly to newer patches and actually address what's in the game THEN, not pick apart every single .2 patch cycle over a 6 month period.

If that is your feeling, then why come to a custom server? if you want Live - why not go to Live? I am not being aggressive, I just do not see an "all like Live" approach.

The unique thing about this game, and the upcoming patches diminish it, is that people could do other things other than grind Hiram all day.

Hi, Im a player who came to this server thanks to "Smoky X Seresuta" videos on youtube. I've been on this server for almost 6 months already. I am a casual player, and i need to tell you a couple of things regarding this new patch:
-First of all, since this game is a Sandbox, the people that play this game, shouldn't be free to be whatever he/she likes? For example, a player who just get online to be a farmer, or a merchant, or a "trucker", or a "thief hunter" (people who kill monsters and make money from purses/who steal "truckers" on the sea or dangerous maps). I ask this, since I left the "live" because certain companies sold me a "sandbox" game in which I could only do a couple of things to progress in the game, taking away many other fun and entertaining options, restricting the economy of the game, reducing the amount of population of the servers.
-Second. This game has a slogan, "Craft, Claim, Conquer" right? If you reduce the craft part, people will leave, if people left, theres no players to conquer or players who wants to fight against "the player nation", if no one wants to fight to conquer, the idea of the game becomes non-existent, and because of that the game dies.

A game lives for the people who play it, if there are no people to play it, the game dies, please keep in mind what people want and need, as a student of video game designer, I must say, that the people who consume video games wants to have fun, entertain themselves, have a good time with friends, meet new people. I know very well that "fun" is subjective, so people looking for a "sandbox" need to have options. In this game there are two types of people:
- people who work and have very little free time
- young people with a lot of free time
There are people who work and buy credits to acquire "goods" in the game, and people who "work" in the game to buy those credits, this is how the economy moves, and the game lives. In short, a game is made up of the people who play it, LISTEN AND READ to the people.

All zones in the game are now classified with a trade prefix: Luxury, Fine, Commercial, and Preserved. Different prefixes denote how fast you may need to move a pack to a Trade Outlet in order to receive a bonus or maximum profit.
  • Luxury Zones: Solzreed Peninsula, Two Crowns, Cinderstone Moor, Solis Headlands, Villanelle.
  • Fine Zones: Dewstone Plains, Lilyut Hills, Marianople, Mahadevi, Tigerspine Mountains, Falcorth Plains.
  • Commercial Zones: Gweonid Forest, Aubre Cradle, White Arden, Airain Rock, Karkasse Ridgelands, Arcum Iris, Ynystere, Silent Forest, Sunbite Wilds.
  • Preserved Zones: Halcyona, Sanddeep, Hellswamp, Ahnimar, Windscour Savannah, Rookborne Basin, Perinoor Ruins, Rokhala Mountains, Hasla.
Don't force people to make traderuns, let them move their packs whenever they can, the rates of packs are not always at 130%, even if they have a bonus.

• Increased the amount of stone bricks required to a craft a larder from 5 to 10.
It's hard to make larders and make a profit of them, dont make it impossible to gain gold, you already made normal packs harder to make (increasing the amount of mats per pack) , and the profit is still the same.

Regrade Braziers and Radiant Archeum Saplings have been removed from crates and are now purchased directly from the Vocation Badge shop for 200 badges.

I am actually making a mage gear to farm purses at aegis/whalesong, and if this patch comes in, it ruins my whole plan of doing gold in less time. But if you are replacing the regrade braziers and radiant archeum sapling for the same exact amount of gold, then we're great.

Royal Seed and Scented Leaf are dropped from harvesting bundles, instead of seeds.

Again, with this you are making the larders less profitable. Plus you are making the player work more. Don't make the people of the server a slave please.

A new snap to grid planting system that automatically aligns planting for you.
This is a huge implementation that farmers really NEEDS.

Last edited:
If that is your feeling, then why come to a custom server? if you want Live - why not go to Live? I am not being aggressive, I just do not see an "all like Live" approach.

The unique thing about this game, and the upcoming patches diminish it, is that people could do other things other than grind Hiram all day.

You literally read nothing I said and jumped straight to thinking I like live? lol

Also, Obsidian wasn't a grind? Hiram isn't more accessible than Obsidian? You want to go back to needing content controlled boss content for 10-20k gold after spending 4 weeks in Library floor 3 to get some drops? lmao

Also, Obsidian wasn't a grind? Hiram isn't more accessible than Obsidian? You want to go back to needing content controlled boss content for 10-20k gold after spending 4 weeks in Library floor 3 to get some drops? lmao

Or you could straight up buy what you needed and not bother with that. Choice and all that.

Nice to laugh at everyone trying to provide a serious response about another side of the coin, btw. Note the sarcasm.

These are the things That SHOULD NOT come into our version of AA

• All zones in the game are now classified with a trade prefix: Luxury, Fine, Commercial, and Preserved. Different prefixes denote how fast you may need to move a pack to a Trade Outlet in order to receive a bonus or maximum profit.
  • Packs now also denote their creation in their name. Specialty packs denote a normal pack, Gilda Packs are created with Gilda Stars, Local Specialties are crafted at a trade plaza or community center workbench, Fertilizer Specialties are crafted at a Merchant's House, and Aged Specialties are crafted at larders.
  • Selling a Fish Pack at a Fish Stand costs 10 Labor.
  • Regrade Braziers and Radiant Archeum Saplings have been removed from crates and are now purchased directly from the Vocation Badge shop for 200 badges.
  • In Archeum Trees, the chance for the tree to drop Archeum Shards and Archeum Crystals has been dramatically reduced. The chance for the tree to produce Dust has been dramatically increased, while the chance to produce Archeum Essence has been slightly increased. Trees will also give more Shards than previous (previous drop was between 11 and 13, new range is between 17 and 19. This is because the overall consumption of archeum in the game has decreased due to the new crafting system changes.
The Archeum tree change shouldnt be added because we still craft, a slight increase to the shards would be nice but a drastic increase in dust tree's spawning is a BIG no!
Having the option of getting braziers and archeum saplings from either crates or the vocation shop would be nice, otherwise having them ONLY from the vocation shop would limit how much archeum a player could get once their vocation supply runs low

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back