What's new

Suggestions

No the U5.0 trade system is not ok. That's gonna be a HUGE problem with players getting charcoal for crafting. Oversea trade runs is literally what archeage was back when it was 1st released, take packs oversea's and turn them in. There was some risk involved with pirates and people camping the trade outlets for your packs but that was the fun in doing oversea's trade runs. With this being removed, the sea's are going to be completely dead and void of all players except for on Wed when people are looking for sunken chests assuming players still do that. This is not a good idea! The sea's is literally 1 of the main things people talked about when the game was first released and ship combat. You was able to keep the old trade system in U3.5 when it was supposed to be removed, so why are you removing it now? If this gets removed, I can see whatever is left of this servers pop leaving.
Sparkle has already said that 5.0 cannot support the old trade system anymore.
That is why it will be removed.

Wym "removed"? There will be a similar overseas charcoal system like we have rn, only difference is it's only 3 trade zones per continent, and you buy cargo for it instead of running from Karkasse or Rokhala?
Hi ya Avi! Well i made a thread regarding this topic in more detail but there will be several problems if adjustments are not made. Running 1 cargo from Nuia to Haranya will cost you between 14g (abundant) to 26g per pack on the high end. Players running packs inland effects that % going up or down. The charcoal or onyx essence you get for that 1 cargo is 15 in Haranya 30 in DS. I would much rather do my Kark or Rokhala runs especially when the larder is cheap to make and I get 77-88 charcoal per pack on ave 1360 charcoal per 18 packs Rokhala to TC. I know going forward the old trade system can not be supported but we can try to make the new one better https://www.bing.com/videos/search?...CBC4077D647851B42CE6CBC&view=detail&FORM=VIRE

From what I've been reading on live forums, practically no one liked the new trade system, and still having the old trade system is actually one of the main selling points when one is describing this server to potential new players. We're already at a rather unpopular patch, so if further patches will inevitably bring even less popular changes that can't be alleviated by custom features anymore, I'm curious as to what the major upsides of moving forward would be?

No the U5.0 trade system is not ok. That's gonna be a HUGE problem with players getting charcoal for crafting. Oversea trade runs is literally what archeage was back when it was 1st released, take packs oversea's and turn them in. There was some risk involved with pirates and people camping the trade outlets for your packs but that was the fun in doing oversea's trade runs. With this being removed, the sea's are going to be completely dead and void of all players except for on Wed when people are looking for sunken chests assuming players still do that. This is not a good idea! The sea's is literally 1 of the main things people talked about when the game was first released and ship combat. You was able to keep the old trade system in U3.5 when it was supposed to be removed, so why are you removing it now? If this gets removed, I can see whatever is left of this servers pop leaving.

It was removed only for players in 3.5. Client support was still available for it until 5.0, so we could return and maintain old system. But, as I said, in 5.0 it’s fully removed by XL, so it’s not possible to keep that system any longer.
Why that was done by them only in 5.0? I can explain it. As some Asian servers (i.e. Thai server) received the updates with big delay, XL kept client support of the old trade system by the moment all servers received the trade system update.

Make a forum event like the screenshot events for players to suggest custom changes to specific areas of the game that are underperforming (fishing, balance, gold packs etc.) and reward best submission(s) with 1k credit and maybe title, no participation award so that people don't post silly ideas to get chance on free stuff

maybe lead on it with another iteration where the best submission(s) are improved upon again for some small reward for putting the time and effort in

it will improve the "public image", give players unhappy with the state of game something productive to do to improve the server and give us ammo to tell newcomers that "the devs are working to improve the game so you should play/keep playing here" pointing at the forum contest

Could the publication time on auction house be increased?
The two day max has been bothering me since I joined since some items don't move that fast and it seems it's gotten worse in the last couple weeks, IMO something like 1 day, 3 days, a week and two weeks instead of 6 , 12, 24 and 48 hours seems ideal, what I'm not really sure is what to do with the publication tax since I'm not sure how important of a sink it is.
Idk how great that idea is, tbh, because atm people already undercut each other making the 2 days listing often annoying and a waste of gold. Imagine the amount of undercutting people could do if you increase the allowed listing time. Not sure if you took that into account?
For those items a simple one day listing would be enough, also if the demand for an item is high those undercutting would be bought out leaving those with higher price as sort of an anchor(at least that's how it works on eve where the max listing time is 3 months), but if you think one day is still too much for those items I guess leaving the 6 or 12 hours option as the first one would be enough.

My main objective is for those items not in high demand and even those in such high demand that people can't post enough to keep on the AH for long to stay longer so more people can see them since it's often the case that posting low demand items is a waste of gold so you're left trying to find who has or wants said item with the trade channel and some high demand items due to how the system is set now can be bought out by a single person since people won't post too many of them given that you got to weigh in how much people buy in at much two days and more than that is flooding e.g. if I sell 10k corn in a week I'm not going to keep posting 10k every 2 days, but due to that I'll miss someone buying all the AH stock and still needing more.
Make a separate thread with suggestions for it, so more players would notice it and join discussion.
We can do something with it - add more options for Bidding Period and proportionally increase gold fee for it or maybe change those already available from 6/12/24/48 to 24/48/1week/2weeks. Maybe someone would have other more effective ideas or different options that majority would prefer; or may support one of those or has what to say against. Based on that we can make some changes in AH Bidding Period and fee.

Hi ya Avi! Well i made a thread regarding this topic in more detail but there will be several problems if adjustments are not made. Running 1 cargo from Nuia to Haranya will cost you between 14g (abundant) to 26g per pack on the high end. Players running packs inland effects that % going up or down. The charcoal or onyx essence you get for that 1 cargo is 15 in Haranya 30 in DS. I would much rather do my Kark or Rokhala runs especially when the larder is cheap to make and I get 77-88 charcoal per pack on ave 1360 charcoal per 18 packs Rokhala to TC. I know going forward the old trade system can not be supported but we can try to make the new one better https://www.bing.com/videos/search?...CBC4077D647851B42CE6CBC&view=detail&FORM=VIRE

Aye, I know the system isn't exactly the same, but he's talking about pvp on the ocean for charcoal tr and technically that will still be available ?

Hi, currently there is a bug with the towers used to summon the Thunderwing Titan in Reedwind.

Specifically, the Player Nation towers.

If you build one of the player nation towers and go through (you will be able to receive the buff to summon using a horn), you can summon at either Thunderwing horn for player nations, in addition to this, if you build one of the player nation towers and then summon at the horn that does not correspond with the tower you build at, the tower you built will not derank since it doesn't associate with the horn that was used to summon the boss.

Here is an easy to understand illustration.

1598305050137.png

Not hard to see how this is a massive advantage to a PN!

If a faction summons TWT, all of their towers should be deranked to stage 1. Also just gonna throw it in that it's kind of unfair that a PN has two horns they can summon from with a building buff from EITHER, when every other faction only has 1.

Similar to that other server do yall have the ability to create custom houses and such? The game on its current patch and really the next couple till 6.0 is boring AF and most people have slowed down playing. I was wondering if maybe we can use some of that sick real-estate underwater and maybe come up with an auroria styled area or four under the seas? With some custom quests and like new items that help with breath and movement. How hard would that be?

Couple games I loved with High Seas and Underseas adventures were like WoW, Rift and the like. AA nailed the Ocean for me, but there is so much empty space, even mirrior tundra for instance that have all this room we could expand some custom lore on.

Last edited by a moderator:
Similar to that other server do yall have the ability to create custom houses and such? The game on its current patch and really the next couple till 6.0 is boring AF and most people have slowed down playing. I was wondering if maybe we can use some of that sick real-estate underwater and maybe come up with an auroria styled area or four under the seas? With some custom quests and like new items that help with breath and movement. How hard would that be?

Couple games I loved with High Seas and Underseas adventures were like WoW, Rift and the like. AA nailed the Ocean for me, but there is so much empty space, even mirrior tundra for instance that have all this room we could expand some custom lore on.
Would be nice if they put all those new tent houses into the credit/gilda store, I don't think many of them made it into the game unfortunately.

Hi, currently there is a bug with the towers used to summon the Thunderwing Titan in Reedwind.

Specifically, the Player Nation towers.

If you build one of the player nation towers and go through (you will be able to receive the buff to summon using a horn), you can summon at either Thunderwing horn for player nations, in addition to this, if you build one of the player nation towers and then summon at the horn that does not correspond with the tower you build at, the tower you built will not derank since it doesn't associate with the horn that was used to summon the boss.

Here is an easy to understand illustration.

View attachment 12859

Not hard to see how this is a massive advantage to a PN!

If a faction summons TWT, all of their towers should be deranked to stage 1. Also just gonna throw it in that it's kind of unfair that a PN has two horns they can summon from with a building buff from EITHER, when every other faction only has 1.
We'll take a look.

That another AA server doesn't create custom houses. They take them from other games, for example, Minecraft. That doesn't really look good and doesn't fit into AA very well. We don't think it's a good idea to rip pieces out of other games. That is not something we will ever do.
If we do more new custom housing, we'll use only AA models, as we did with the tents. Currently we are working on a number of new quests, new custom boss and a few other things that we hope to present to the players within the next few weeks.

As for the new underwater activity, it can be interesting to expand it, but sometimes it's hard to tell if we can or can't do this or that until we try to go deeper into details. We can try something new for it after we are done with the current projects. If anyone have any interesting suggestions: event, quests, etc, feel free to suggest and we'll see what can be done.

Would be nice if they put all those new tent houses into the credit/gilda store, I don't think many of them made it into the game unfortunately.
Those will rotate as other items and will be added to the marketplace again.

Suggestion for fixing Cargo System being stagnant:

For a while now Dahmer with HCIC and myself with DC or using the faction we have made Fine Specialties (AKA Normal) Trade Packs in large quantities to be able to generate enough Cargo to be able to create the Hero Hall Statue every two weeks. This is a costly avenue to do for small groups of people to make it worthwhile for the entire faction that benefits from it. Took me a while asking questions as well to figure out even what the problem was over Discord messages. Finally figured out it is just the large amount of Fine Specialty needed to generate the cargo. The mats for these normal packs has become too high as well as the sheer amount being too high. Cargo generation is based upon these things:

View attachment 12792
This generates only 5 Cargo!!!

To make each pack is:

View attachment 12793

15 / 180 of some form of material. This number is way out of whack and should be something as an example 30 Narcissus / 30 Medicinal to make it viable to run. The amount on turn in is very low making these packs still not something most people will want to spend time on. So as a boost I would say increase the gold amount for these 10-11g packs to something around 14g. It still will be a loss leader but couple that with the following changes and Cargo will generate rapidly making the system more usable.

View attachment 12794

Larders stay maxed in Cargo system at 1500, Fellowship or Fertilizer packs are the same while the system is broken on the Normal pack end. Flopping these two amounts will have two effects:
1. More Cargo at the cheaper rates for both factions to use.
2. Easier time for the guilds pumping gold into this system just to make a Hero Statue every two weeks.

Hope this suggestion helps, I see it as the easiest fix for the problem and will clear up the congestion on this kinda meh system.

Thanks,
DH

As an expansion to this, since the recommendation wasn't really accepted. Could Trade/Fert houses be beefed up to support making the Normal and Gilda packs on them? One of the secondary reasons nobody runs these is the pack makers are always in lame spots.

I still think a fix for the 5.0 lack of supporting the old trade system is flipping the normal/larder values as it will make it to where there is always a lot and people can at least get some, take it somewhere and run it later if it becomes camped heavy.

As an expansion to this, since the recommendation wasn't really accepted. Could Trade/Fert houses be beefed up to support making the Normal and Gilda packs on them? One of the secondary reasons nobody runs these is the pack makers are always in lame spots.

I still think a fix for the 5.0 lack of supporting the old trade system is flipping the normal/larder values as it will make it to where there is always a lot and people can at least get some, take it somewhere and run it later if it becomes camped heavy.
I fail to see how allowing trade manors that ability would make the packs be created more. You're only saving a few minutes at most with this

I fail to see how allowing trade manors that ability would make the packs be created more. You're only saving a few minutes at most with this

I beg to differ. The machines in Gweonid , for example, are on the far side of the zone compared to the exit, whereas a strategically placed house at the border to Lilyut would save a lot of time and frustration as Gweon has so many places to get stuck and the roads are... Well, not straight at all.

I'm sure many players will appreciate the ability to use a well-situated trademan's house.

I will enlighten you on that topic. If something takes 4-5 more minutes or is land locked compared to an easier sea route then it is not valuable for a few reasons.

1. Time - Pretty simple, if it takes me 5 more minutes to run something like a Gwen Normal pack VS a Fert pack from my trade house on the Gwen Lilyut border for similar mat cost I will run the fertilizer pack as I don't run one hauler and finish up for the day. I run multiple say to Solis or Vil for example, parking them somewhere till I have a merchant load. That merchant load at full capacity is 22 packs, 21 and 1 for me. So 3 Hauler tuns, 1 Car run which is generally 1/4 of the time. So it took me 15 mins plus 1.25 to just fill the boat compared to that fertilizer house time minus that 16 mins as the example.

2. Materiel cost - Sure we all know the super Fertilizer formula of 50 50 50 50 so lets break that down by AH price which is the baseline:
- Chopped Produce 1.65
- Dried Flowers 2
- Ground Grain 1.50
- Trimmed Meat 1.75
VS - Example
Gwen Normal Pack
- 180 Chopped Produce 5.94
- 5 Apple 9s7cs

Similar in price, less labor for the normal pack, more expensive in terms of labor to produce the huge quantities of material involved. While I see the reasoning behind it, I do not agree that it's worth doing compared for the hassle of labor + time used so far. So lets jump to the last parts.

3. Location - While time might be a factor, the actual location of the specialty makers are all in stupid spots even with the closest to sea or closest to road locations. Two Crowns sits on a hill on both benches. I however have a fertilizer house and fellowship I can simply back a boat into and make packs to load directly to the ship from either one.

4. Fun - A fun run will beat a run you have to wade through a bunch of crap to get to a road and get somewhere as well.

Time, cost, location, location, location and fun are always why people do what they do.

The trade system will not function when the patch hits. Everyone will just move to farming mobs or in the case of the really low GS players get stuck in an inferior system and will switch to farming only.

Allow the players that have the houses get more use out of them to see if it will help spur that cargo system. I think it really will help, and the best spots are player driven.

Last edited:
Hell make an item that you can place in your yard that does this and sell it on the cash shop or put in a weekly box. People will go apeshit over it wanting one. It will also make it to where everyone can have access regardless of house type.

Would it be possible to put partitions in yard? To decorate it would be beautiful.

Example (I don't know how this person did it, maybe in some old patch):

1599324893474.png

Last edited:
Back