What's new

ArcheRage 5.0 (development-release info)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally I would rather not see an auto loot powerstone implemented into this server unless its going to cost an absurd amount like 10k credits for a 30 day timed one. If not credits then maybe make it untradeable and cost a large amount of honor / large amount of loyalty / large amount of kyrios badges.

Farming purses is already extremely op in comparison to literally every other money making method in terms of both silver per labor and time spent, adding this item only makes the gap even larger. With the auto loot stone in western hiram you won't even have to move once to farm ancestor purses/crates, infusions, awakening scrolls, and silver crates.

I don't agree with you. The only ones for who it is OP are the ones that can one-shot mobs and have high mobility, like (edit) endgame geared archers and melees.

As a healer, I cannot grind in Reedwind effectively solo, at all. My method is pulling in 7-8 mobs and using aoes, which is useless over there because of the endless cc. This means I have to kill a single mob, walk over, loot, kill next mob, walk over loot... repeat. It is AGONISINGLY slow.

I can grind 500 mobs in aegis an hour, but in Reedwind? I don't even come close.

Not having to run over to loot all the time would make farming that much more effective, meaning I can consider solo grinding instead of being dependent on a DPS.

Last edited:
autoloot item for the pets !!
I see nothing in the patch notes about the loot stone for the powerstone pets, please do add that so people can chill while farming mobs!
It's a part of 5.0.
When and which way it's going to be added is not yet confirmed. @Thinking concern is understandable.

This update will add custom crests to floor, ceiling and walls in houses, right?
Yes.

• World gates can no longer be used to place housing decor mid-air.​
Could you please not implement this, placing objects on world gates is a very important building "feature" (that's even described as a staple technique in decorating tutorials such as this one). It allows for precise placement of certain items, it enables players to "combine" items that otherwise couldn't be placed on each other (for example torches or paintings on exterior wall pieces - the video has some other neat examples), and in general it's a workaround that greatly improves ArcheAge's rather poor object placement system (compared to for example RIFT which allows full 3D rotation/movement/clipping of any item).

I'm not sure what the original developer logic behind this change was, but I can't think of any game-breaking negatives that portal placement currently allows (I think it's pretty much impossible to abuse it to reach otherwise unreachable places in the gameworld since you can't place anything outside of both horizontal and vertical boundaries of the plot with it anyway).
Please don't change:
"World gates can no longer be used to place housing decor mid-air."
Plenty of people love decorating and this gives us more options... You allowed us to place partitions in the yard now too, so keeping this is logical. @voidzero has some good arguments for it too.
We will consider it.

And isn't this the patch where lunarite changes? Or am I confused with another one?
Those come in 5.1.

"The title “Abyssal Adept” can still be obtained, but the title “Orchidna’s Disciple” is removed."
Will the title be removed altogether or those that already have it will keep it, just with no option to obtain it anymore?
I believe 2nd, but that is something I will be able to confirm only a bit later.

What would the requirements be? Will they be the same as unchained where you need 8k gs and 5k language I think?
Too early to speak about it as it's not ready yet. But, if all goes well with implementation, main requirements most likely will be the same. The main difference is quests and factors that will be a part of balance calculation, as we'll need to rework it to 5.0 realities.

Please be careful as you determine what metrics will determine which faction is allowed to exile, on AAU the system is somewhat easy to rig and manipulate causing faction balance to be even more skewed. Also, to create proper incentives for using this system - consider increasing the infamy/crime point values to what they should be in this patch.
---
Also quick question for the devs:
- How does the passive "Zeal" from songcraft work in this patch?
Thanks for the info on the issues 5.0 may bring. We'll test all those mentioned to make sure someone doesn't get a way to create something from nothing.
Zeal get some changes in this patch. Check the table in this post: https://na.archerage.to/forums/thre...include-any-ar-custom-updates.9849/post-78736
Can you also go into details regarding the issues with Exile on AAU? We'll anyway need to make some changes to it and rework it to 5.0 realities, but such info may help to avoid mistakes.

Can you also go into details regarding the issues with Exile on AAU? We'll anyway need to make some changes to it and rework it to 5.0 realities, but such info may help to avoid mistakes.
I cannot speak on the matter in terms of specifics, perhaps someone else can - but I can give you a high level summary. Feel free to correct me if my understanding is incorrect.

In AAU Exile system each faction has an activity rank that is determined on a weekly? basis. This activity rank is determined by the amount of world bosses that are killed by the faction (the amount they receive loot from, at least), among a few other metrics that I am not familiar with...

At a certain point, the faction with a stronger activity rank is allowed to have players exile into the opposite "weak" faction, provided that the heros of the opposite faction confirm their entry.

Where this system went wrong was on an AAU server where the "stronger" faction started letting their friends from the opposite faction "kill" the world bosses, sometimes people would even log on their alternate character from the weak faction just to boost the activity rank. Sometimes, the strong side would protect the weak side while they killed the boss, and the weak side would get the credit towards the rank. This led to the weak side being a higher rank than the side that was actually stronger, so the strong faction could get even more players into their forces. Hopefully that made sense.

Last edited:
Old trade system will be gone. that includes overseas selling regular packs for charcoal. It won't be returning
Was talking with guildies about this but could you place new trade system npc's where there used to be ones of the old system, I think even if you can't make it so that those give charcoal they'll still give a good chunk of gold if the packs come from far away(unless the system doesn't calculate craft place and turn in place distance).

Please scroll down and read the entire comment section on this video.

Ye retail turned into a rather sad show in relation to commerce.

Tbh, I think the main reason we will most likely have empty seas for charcoal is because we know of the upcoming changes, so people are hoarding charcoal in large amounts... Therefore negating the need for oversea traderuns. Everything will be out of balance until those stockpiles are gone.

It's a part of 5.0.
When and which way it's going to be added is not yet confirmed. @Thinking concern is understandable.

Yes.

We will consider it.

Those come in 5.1.

I believe 2nd, but that is something I will be able to confirm only a bit later.

Too early to speak about it as it's not ready yet. But, if all goes well with implementation, main requirements most likely will be the same. The main difference is quests and factors that will be a part of balance calculation, as we'll need to rework it to 5.0 realities.

Thanks for the info on the issues 5.0 may bring. We'll test all those mentioned to make sure someone doesn't get a way to create something from nothing.
Zeal get some changes in this patch. Check the table in this post: https://na.archerage.to/forums/thre...include-any-ar-custom-updates.9849/post-78736

Can you consider leaving the old trading system but halfway? I mean, just leave the exchange of charcoal between continents for normal packs like larders because with the current amount of people who make packs to sell for gold as the same people who make larders in mass to sell will never sell for gold ... and this will generate that the cargo pack can never be achieved at a stable price ... and this will lead to that as in the other servers the players "of always" begin to use sandbox + vpn to leave characters looking at the ports and thus steal easily, being mainly unlucky the new players.

Totally disable the old trading system would be very bad for new players with the little they have managed to make their little gold selling some puddle and I know first hand because many times I take them between continents so they can prevent them from stealing as mostly happens

Can you consider leaving the old trading system but halfway? I mean, just leave the exchange of charcoal between continents for normal packs like larders because with the current amount of people who make packs to sell for gold as the same people who make larders in mass to sell will never sell for gold ... and this will generate that the cargo pack can never be achieved at a stable price ... and this will lead to that as in the other servers the players "of always" begin to use sandbox + vpn to leave characters looking at the ports and thus steal easily, being mainly unlucky the new players.

Totally disable the old trading system would be very bad for new players with the little they have managed to make their little gold selling some puddle and I know first hand because many times I take them between continents so they can prevent them from stealing as mostly happens
All of the old trade system will be gone. No ifs, maybes, keep parts and not everything. Everything will be gone.

There is technically no way to leave old trade system in game and before making any changes to a new one we need to see how it works in our server realities in its pure form. We always had either old system or a mix of old and new and never had a new one only.

Ah yes another patch to bring good yet horrible things, the joys of these patches...
I know that you cant support the old trade system, yet this change is gonna hurt a lot of people, and its not gonna be good, again..
And this exile system, while pirate how will this affect us once u implement it? I read that we will be stuck pirates unless we legit dont log on for 30 days. Anything else we should know before this happens...
*Edit* the more i read about a post of retail exile system, the more it seems like a bad idea. be catious when you implement this, not sure its truly needed.

Last edited:
Ah yes another patch to bring good yet horrible things, the joys of these patches...
I know that you cant support the old trade system, yet this change is gonna hurt a lot of people, and its not gonna be good, again..
And this exile system, while pirate how will this affect us once u implement it? I read that we will be stuck pirates unless we legit dont log on for 30 days. Anything else we should know before this happens...
Pirates do not have an inactivity timer until phase 2 of 5.0. Exile system or not.
the timer in phase 2 is 7 days and in 6.1 changed to 30 days.

As for being stuck even in normal patches you are not stuck directly.
Those who turned pirate through infamy/quest in phase 2 can still leave through infamy/ quest.
Those who exile in are required to be inactive or exile out to leave.

As for what will happen with pirates and the exile system. I could not tell you until the exile system is fully working in 5.0

There is technically no way to leave old trade system in game and before making any changes to a new one we need to see how it works in our server realities in its pure form. We always had either old system or a mix of old and new and never had a new one only.

Personally I think that what ArcheRage sells as a superior server to the official one so that new users start playing is the possibility to enjoy this dual system since with the unitary system of v4.5 - 5.0 that is used in the official one it is literally a headache both for old users (where mostly there will be no lack of those who use alts to make Bluesalt Bond Packs) and for those who try to get puddle for those packs or also for other needs.

Personally I will leave a couple of experiences I had in the official server regarding this patch that maybe can help:

* Some users just for the fetish or pleasure of bothering others bought Cargo at the lowest price (12g) up to the moderate price (18g) and left them stored in their scarecrows unused, sometimes they even accumulated on purpose in all their lands just to sabotage the prices of the charcoal/onyx

* It is not new, but the reign of the multi-accounts will return and with it there will be no lack of people who leave characters looking at the ports thus creating a much higher advantage over the one who wants to make puddle with charge in the normal way

* The family quest update that allows you to get 20 or 40 charcoal per day (when it was "bug") is a very good way to get charcoal safely either by paying for captain protection (the boat at Two Crowns - Solis) or using your own vehicles, maybe a good idea is to add some kind of family quest with which you can get a low amount of charcoal as a reward which should not affect the trading system. ...you could even put a minimum requirement for a top level family to ensure that these players not only create alts to join the family and get that benefit but also open a door as in the case of guild sellers

* It is not new, but the reign of the multi-accounts will return and with it there will be no lack of people who leave characters looking at the ports thus creating a much higher advantage over the one who wants to make puddle with charge in the normal way

I mean, just report it if you have the suspicion someone is doing that, and they get banned, it's kinda simple. There shouldn't be a return because it was never allowed in the first place. The other 2 points you make are definitely relevant though.

Also, keep this ? in mind too, it will affect the system when it is finally the way it's supposed to be, and I wonder if it will influence your first point.

Tbh, I think the main reason we will most likely have empty seas for charcoal is because we know of the upcoming changes, so people are hoarding charcoal in large amounts... Therefore negating the need for oversea traderuns. Everything will be out of balance until those stockpiles are gone.

I mean, just report it if you have the suspicion someone is doing that, and they get banned, it's kinda simple. There shouldn't be a return because it was never allowed in the first place. The other 2 points you make are definitely relevant though.

Also, keep this ? in mind too, it will affect the system when it is finally the way it's supposed to be, and I wonder if it will influence your first point.

I made several reports so far but there was no effect by itself so I gave it up and started looking for other ways to avoid being hunted by these "sharks". And yes, the main point that I mentioned before will lead to a charcoal hunt that is right now because if we go to any commercial port that accepts normal packs as larder by charcoal they are already very low the percentages of payments but it is something that was known to happen sooner or later, on the other hand, the problem will be totally worse when the charcoal supply is directly cut off but this will not make much difference to us who have access to a good amount of gold daily/weekly but to the new players who will not be able to make trips because they will be hunted as soon as they reach unstable areas. ...and although it is part of the same game, it is cruel that those who are equipped with even gold teeth hunt even the new ones who only have 20 gold and hope to be able to sell a cargo. So I think it's pretty good to add more family quests, maybe that will turn the tide and solve it in the long run

Put 6 seashore NPC's that buys opposite faction regular packs for charcoal (for old prices), boom u invented how to fix new trading system

Put 6 seashore NPC's that buys opposite faction regular packs for charcoal (for old prices), boom u invented how to fix new trading system
That isn't how it works.
Its not tied to the npcs and just placing npcs there won't do anything. They will only say they do not deal with this type of pack.

The old trade will be gone as will the 4 coastal npcs

Sjinderson explained it better in discord IMO, the NPCs have a type(specialty or cargo) and what determines what they buy is the map they're placed in.
So let's say you want an NPC that buy's rokhala packs for charcoal at sanddeep, you would need to edit specialty buyers(I guess east ones) to pay charcoal instead of gold and then change sanddeep area to be solis or some other east map with east specialty buyers, but then what would be the point of crossing the sea when the NPC at the trade outlet gives you the same thing.

I still think it would be possible to add custom NPCs but I don't know how hard it would be since it seems what XL did was simplify the system as a whole while removing the old one from the code and the dev's here would need to pretty much redo the whole thing while watching out for bugs, maybe later down the line.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back