What's new

ArcheRage 5.0 (development-release info)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sjinderson explained it better in discord IMO, the NPCs have a type(specialty or cargo) and what determines what they buy is the map they're placed in.
So let's say you want an NPC that buy's rokhala packs for charcoal at sanddeep, you would need to edit specialty buyers(I guess east ones) to pay charcoal instead of gold and then change sanddeep area to be solis or some other east map with east specialty buyers, but then what would be the point of crossing the sea when the NPC at the trade outlet gives you the same thing.

I still think it would be possible to add custom NPCs but I don't know how hard it would be since it seems what XL did was simplify the system as a whole while removing the old one from the code and the dev's here would need to pretty much redo the whole thing while watching out for bugs, maybe later down the line.

Iirc, there's no one in the staff who can edit the game like that. This is why the custom content is always heavily based on what is already available.

So yes, technically it may be possible, but they simply aren't going to do it. Also, the time they already spend on customising patches and adding new content... I already appreciate that lots, and there might not be time in the day for them either to change trading like that.

It's sad that the game will no longer support the old trading system, however, I do agree with the reasoning that the trade system is messy atm because there are two different ones, and that having only one should stabilise trading again (and help us west plebs to build our statue easier ?)

Iirc, there's no one in the staff who can edit the game like that. This is why the custom content is always heavily based on what is already available.

So yes, technically it may be possible, but they simply aren't going to do it. Also, the time they already spend on customising patches and adding new content... I already appreciate that lots, and there might not be time in the day for them either to change trading like that.

It's sad that the game will no longer support the old trading system, however, I do agree with the reasoning that the trade system is messy atm because there are two different ones, and that having only one should stabilise trading again (and help us west plebs to build our statue easier ?)
We have no body who can create entirely new game models.
The problem isn't in not having someone. Its simply it would break the games zoning system. Which to give a short explanation on what that would do.
any quests in the 4 zones would no longer work,
Races that begin in those zones wouldn't spawn correctly, Infact you'd likely just crash for even going in the zones
Teleport locations would not functional correctly
to name some of the consequences of attempting to return old trade to 5.0.

I cannot speak on the matter in terms of specifics, perhaps someone else can - but I can give you a high level summary. Feel free to correct me if my understanding is incorrect.

In AAU Exile system each faction has an activity rank that is determined on a weekly? basis. This activity rank is determined by the amount of world bosses that are killed by the faction (the amount they receive loot from, at least), among a few other metrics that I am not familiar with...

At a certain point, the faction with a stronger activity rank is allowed to have players exile into the opposite "weak" faction, provided that the heros of the opposite faction confirm their entry.

Where this system went wrong was on an AAU server where the "stronger" faction started letting their friends from the opposite faction "kill" the world bosses, sometimes people would even log on their alternate character from the weak faction just to boost the activity rank. Sometimes, the strong side would protect the weak side while they killed the boss, and the weak side would get the credit towards the rank. This led to the weak side being a higher rank than the side that was actually stronger, so the strong faction could get even more players into their forces. Hopefully that made sense.

I doubt they can change or "fix" that but being honest is not a bad situation because it brings more pvp

That isn't how it works.
Its not tied to the npcs and just placing npcs there won't do anything. They will only say they do not deal with this type of pack.

The old trade will be gone as will the 4 coastal npcs
its 6 ty
and still it sounds so bs when u can litteraly create whole quest chains, npc's, skills, mounts, pets
and can't add 6 npc that can buy packs? ye right

its 6 ty
and still it sounds so bs when u can litteraly create whole quest chains, npc's, skills, mounts, pets
and can't add 6 npc that can buy packs? ye right
6 total coastal zones.
4 of which can no longer accept packs.
So it is indeed 4 coastal npcs that will be gone and I'm not going to repeat on how it is not just place npc, npc can buy packs as people seem to think

5.0 overseas trade runs are okay (single npc turn-ins for each faction and in freedich).

But please remove the devaluation of the trade packs overtime. If there are only two ports you can trade the packs in, then please let us have the option as to when to run these packs at our own pace to at least have a chance to avoid being pirated at chokepoints, instead of us trying to race packs and hoping to find the perfect window to turn in and eventually giving up in turning them in due to decreased percentages.

Are we getting 5.1-5.2 ancestral changes? I'm asking because grinding hiram as a healer is fucking painful because of the CC, so we have to single pull mobs rather than group pull and aoe. Basically, I'm asking if the PVE monster dmg buff on holy bolt will be a thing. Currently, you have to pray a DPS is not only available but willing to spoonfeed you.

See the screenshot I pulled from Paradox's youtube channel. healer.png

Are we getting 5.1-5.2 ancestral changes? I'm asking because grinding hiram as a healer is fucking painful because of the CC, so we have to single pull mobs rather than group pull and aoe. Basically, I'm asking if the PVE monster dmg buff on holy bolt will be a thing. Currently, you have to pray a DPS is not only available but willing to spoonfeed you.

See the screenshot I pulled from Paradox's youtube channel. View attachment 13364
those are not in this phase, flame holy bolt is in phase 3 of 5.0, which would be 3 more patches from now, or 2 more if you count this base 5.0 update.

those are not in this phase, flame holy bolt is in phase 3 of 5.0, which would be 3 more patches from now, or 2 more if you count this base 5.0 update.
Yes I am aware that was implemented in 5.1-5.2, which I already mentioned as much. I was asking(suggesting really) if our custom 5.0 patch would have this quality of life addition.

I don't know if you've noticed but most people grinding in reedwind do so separately and are hesitant to group up. Basically, stay within view of other greens to defend each other in case the odd red shows up. After the red is dead everyone goes back to their spot to solo grind, and healers get screwed in this regard.

I'm not the only healer who noticed the pain of the reedwind grind. If the holybolt change isn't possible, just make the mobs spam less CC.
I don't agree with you. The only ones for who it is OP are the ones that can one-shot mobs and have high mobility, like (edit) endgame geared archers and melees.

As a healer, I cannot grind in Reedwind effectively solo, at all. My method is pulling in 7-8 mobs and using aoes, which is useless over there because of the endless cc. This means I have to kill a single mob, walk over, loot, kill next mob, walk over loot... repeat. It is AGONISINGLY slow.

I can grind 500 mobs in aegis an hour, but in Reedwind? I don't even come close.

Not having to run over to loot all the time would make farming that much more effective, meaning I can consider solo grinding instead of being dependent on a DPS.

See the screenshot I pulled from Paradox's youtube channel. View attachment 13364
Yes I am aware that was implemented in 5.1-5.2, which I already mentioned as much. I was asking(suggesting really) if our custom 5.0 patch would have this quality of life addition.

I don't know if you've noticed but most people grinding in reedwind do so separately and are hesitant to group up. Basically, stay within view of other greens to defend each other in case the odd red shows up. After the red is dead everyone goes back to their spot to solo grind, and healers get screwed in this regard.

I'm not the only healer who noticed the pain of the reedwind grind. If the holybolt change isn't possible, just make the mobs spam less CC.
None of the future additions are added early. They arrive when we move to that update. The exception is the exile system which is to balance early pn removal.
As to calling these qol things the new ancestrals are certainly not something just qol.

Greetings, taking custom commerce as an example and that it will not be kept like this in patch 5.0 I would like to consult about other custom aspects that we have in archerage on obsidian, if they remove it from the game or leave the build / upgrade recipe available. lunagem recipe t2 and t3 the current recipe of t2 (20 lunarite. 30 charcoal, 8anya ingot) and t3 (30 lunarite, 30 sturdy ingot) will be kept.

Greetings, taking custom commerce as an example and that it will not be kept like this in patch 5.0 I would like to consult about other custom aspects that we have in archerage on obsidian, if they remove it from the game or leave the build / upgrade recipe available. lunagem recipe t2 and t3 the current recipe of t2 (20 lunarite. 30 charcoal, 8anya ingot) and t3 (30 lunarite, 30 sturdy ingot) will be kept.
I'm not sure I understand what you're asking so I'll break it down to what I believe you're asking.

Will obsidian stay? You'll find out with finalised patch notes.
Will the custom lunagem recipe change stay? Why would it not stay? There are no lunagem changes this update and you are confusing it with phase 2 which is the patch after this

Adding skills from future patches isn't a QOL addition lmao

I forgot to ask before... but in this version they will really change the time of payment of the packs as it has to be from 4.5 or they will continue with the idea of the 22 hours? If you expect the charging system to work, changing it to 8 hours as it is officially (KR) would be ideal

I forgot to ask before... but in this version they will really change the time of payment of the packs as it has to be from 4.5 or they will continue with the idea of the 22 hours? If you expect the charging system to work, changing it to 8 hours as it is officially (KR) would be ideal
As old trade system will be fully removed, payment will be mailed in 8 hours instead of 22 hours.

1-Each attempt to awaken your equipment requires 25 Radiant Hiram Awakening Scrolls, which provide a 10% base chance of success, and add an additional 5% chance of success for each failed attempt, can this get a custom change, 10% base success rate is low maybe nerf scrolls to 20 not 25 too
2- Cloak Changes and Awakening keep stats as it is now, flaming windsong/ normal windsong, nobody want more rng for cloaks 3 rng stats already enough, if admins can apply the awakening change without the stat rng change that would be great because getting cloak from epherium to erenor takes months for new players
3- The title “Abyssal Adept” can still be obtained, but the title “Orchidna’s Disciple” is removed. removed as in cant be obtained or removed from player's title list, if 2nd one then please keep it
4- Trading: Nuian Cargo can however only be delivered to Solis Headlands (for Charcoal Stabilizers), Diamond Shores (for Charcoal Stabilizers) or Freedich Isle (for Dragon Essence Stablizers).
-Trading: Haranyan Cargo can however only be delivered to Two Crowns (for Charcoal Stabilizers), Diamond Shores (for Charcoal Stabilizers) or Freedich Isle (for Dragon Essence Stablizers). add more cargo buyers for sea trade runs, only one is gonna make it hard for players if a one group/guild camp the trader
5- The Crimson Rift quests have been reverted to 3 quests, and the option to complete these quests by killing monsters in the zone has been removed. not needed, keep crimson rift quest the same so players can finish them anytime they want and also it helps push the zone to war/peace
6- World gates can no longer be used to place housing decor mid-air. some players like to do that to decorate their farms/houses keep it!
7- Players can no longer enter the Haje’s towers in Reedwing during PvP. this means during combat or when its war ?
8- Fixed the issue with the Thunderwing Workbench not properly changing its status, when two or more factions attempt to interact with the Thunderwing Call at the same time. wish this "bug" was fixed long time ago :rolleyes:

that is all for now, will wait to see patch notes with custom changes

1-Each attempt to awaken your equipment requires 25 Radiant Hiram Awakening Scrolls, which provide a 10% base chance of success, and add an additional 5% chance of success for each failed attempt, can this get a custom change, 10% base success rate is low maybe nerf scrolls to 20 not 25 too
2- Cloak Changes and Awakening keep stats as it is now, flaming windsong/ normal windsong, nobody want more rng for cloaks 3 rng stats already enough, if admins can apply the awakening change without the stat rng change that would be great because getting cloak from epherium to erenor takes months for new players
3- The title “Abyssal Adept” can still be obtained, but the title “Orchidna’s Disciple” is removed. removed as in cant be obtained or removed from player's title list, if 2nd one then please keep it
4- Trading: Nuian Cargo can however only be delivered to Solis Headlands (for Charcoal Stabilizers), Diamond Shores (for Charcoal Stabilizers) or Freedich Isle (for Dragon Essence Stablizers).
-Trading: Haranyan Cargo can however only be delivered to Two Crowns (for Charcoal Stabilizers), Diamond Shores (for Charcoal Stabilizers) or Freedich Isle (for Dragon Essence Stablizers). add more cargo buyers for sea trade runs, only one is gonna make it hard for players if a one group/guild camp the trader
5- The Crimson Rift quests have been reverted to 3 quests, and the option to complete these quests by killing monsters in the zone has been removed. not needed, keep crimson rift quest the same so players can finish them anytime they want and also it helps push the zone to war/peace
6- World gates can no longer be used to place housing decor mid-air. some players like to do that to decorate their farms/houses keep it!
7- Players can no longer enter the Haje’s towers in Reedwing during PvP. this means during combat or when its war ?
8- Fixed the issue with the Thunderwing Workbench not properly changing its status, when two or more factions attempt to interact with the Thunderwing Call at the same time. wish this "bug" was fixed long time ago :rolleyes:

that is all for now, will wait to see patch notes with custom changes
1. Why is that a problem? We've seen it evident that people have hundreds of regular awakening scrolls while still farming their infusions. Along with new guild missions making it possible to obtain decrystalisation scrolls without spending honor.
2. The removal of the flaming variant creates an extra stat pool. Cloak is 1 or the other so even not getting the right stat first off is 1 scroll from changing it to the other stat as they share a group only with each other.
3. Title is not obtainable. Those who already posses it keep it. Under consideration of how to implement it back with 5.0
4. More cargo buyers cannot be added. Its not supported. This has been said repeatedly now.
5. Crimson rift has become near unused content as of the quest change. You'd prefer it to continue not being done for the zones going through conflict stages more often?
6. under consideration.
7. pvp is conflict and war.
8. A bug fix. Not relevant to discussion.

7. pvp is conflict and war.
Just clarifying because the answer here is worded terribly lmao so I want to make sure I understand correctly.

PvP combat is available during conflict and war, entering the tower when your character is in PvP combat, is not possible any more.

Entering the tower during conflict and war, while your character is not in combat, is still possible.

Correct?

Is it possible to enter the tower when in combat with a NPC?

Just clarifying because the answer here is worded terribly lmao so I want to make sure I understand correctly.

PvP combat is available during conflict and war, entering the tower when your character is in PvP combat, is not possible any more.

Entering the tower during conflict and war, while your character is not in combat, is still possible.

Correct?

Is it possible to enter the tower when in combat with a NPC?
You cannot enter while you are in combat state. But can still enter during conflict and war.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back