What's new

ArcheRage 6.1 (development-release info)

Please don't remove the "hunter" quests.

Please don't remove the library from diamond shores (am I reading that right?). i haven't finished the achievs for it yet and I just like farming the library.

Will the upgraded speedboat achievement fix be implemented when 6.1 releases? On live there were issues with it counting towards the Strada achievement initially, they fixed it but it took a while.

Also, will the Caernord Battle Clipper receive a fix on release, or will it stay in its broken state indefinitely like on live? They even have it officially listed as a bug but never fixed the damn thing. Link for reference sake below(so you know what I'm talking about), please don't ban me for linking live forums.

I'd like to know if the fire ironclad scraps will be removed from the mobs at halcyona and falcorth? The patch notes on live said they will be and I'm not sure they apply here. If so, where can we get them instead? Can we also increase the drop chance of the growling yawl from the custom prestige shop crates? Just to make it possible to get, lol.

Also, why force people to upgrade their freighters into the Red Rudolph for the car collection? Can we not have the achievement be either a normal red freighter OR a red Rudolph? or at least give us the option to revert it back once we get the achievement?

+1 to the dragon egg being added back to black dragon, it is hard enough as it is without requiring someone to run for hero. Would suggest making it a slim chance tho.

+1 to the more bdsm housing furniture too ;)

I know it's not a patch request but can we revamp exploration too? Would be nice as a custom change in this patch.

Also, will the Caernord Battle Clipper receive a fix on release, or will it stay in its broken state indefinitely like on live? They even have it officially listed as a bug but never fixed the damn thing. Link for reference sake below(so you know what I'm talking about), please don't ban me for linking live forums.
While I don't have 100% up to date information on your first question, regarding the Caernord Battle Clipper itself - it's actually intentional, as it's technically not supposed to be able to have crest pack storages. Later down the line in patch 6.2 the description of said storage is also changed from "Can be equipped on all ships" to "Can be equipped on fishing boats, merchant schooners, small warships, and destroyers", leaving that particular one-of-a-kind clipper out.

Also, why force people to upgrade their freighters into the Red Rudolph for the car collection? Can we not have the achievement be either a normal red freighter OR a red Rudolph? or at least give us the option to revert it back once we get the achievement?

+1 to the above.

---

theres not a lot of people participating in RD

This might change because of the glider thing coming out. From what I've heard, joining RD currently does not allow you to get the future rewards for the glider.

---
My comments on the patch notes.

- Old library question: There will be no more way to complete the original earring quest if it is entirely removed?

- Is there any interesting use for this capturing system in the image below, or are they just more battle pets no one will use?
Example, can they be used as furniture like the wolfhound and cat house pets? Or are there statuettes? Any achievements related to it with fancy rewards?
1632831113139.png

- Can we keep the buffs in the image below, like we kept the previous buffs?

1632831558862.png

- I'd say keep the test cargo so new players have it a bit easier to get their quest finished to get that extra farm.
1632831724836.png

- Same as for cargo, keep that in for newer players. Didn't see a replacement drop for them.
"Companion's Growthstones are removed from Queen's Crates.
Companion's Growthstones are removed from Ancestral Crates."

While I don't have 100% up to date information on your first question, regarding the Caernord Battle Clipper itself - it's actually intentional, as it's technically not supposed to be able to have crest pack storages. Later down the line in patch 6.2 the description of said storage is also changed from "Can be equipped on all ships" to "Can be equipped on fishing boats, merchant schooners, small warships, and destroyers", leaving that particular one-of-a-kind clipper out.
So, will the normal clippers receive a fix by removing their crest storage?

Just this one, normal clippers are untouched.
I suppose that's good, though half-full chest storage merchant ships are still the gold standard for solo runs since the speedslowboat still sucks. Speedboats have not aged well, but that's mostly because of being unupgradable, no shroudlight cloak, and remaining in its slow nerfed form from live. Not to mention it has virtually no weight so a clipper can easily and quickly pull you out into the open sea.

Last edited:
Can you strengthen the erenor? Because erenor cost more and more gold, but gain lower and lower. Like erenor nicklace, rings,earring and instrument, the price equal to weapon, but they are easily overtaken. Even on some levels, the armor of legendary erenor set isn't as good as the mythic hiram set, mythic erenor set to eternal hiram set as same.
I think accessories and musical instruments need to be strengthened especially, it will be better if they can use erenor lunastones

I suppose that's good, though half-full chest storage merchant ships are still the gold standard for solo runs since the speedslowboat still sucks. Speedboats have not aged well, but that's mostly because of being unupgradable, no shroudlight cloak, and remaining in its slow nerfed form from live. Not to mention it has virtually no weight so a clipper can easily and quickly pull you out into the open sea.
They have no normalisation nerfs from na that were not applied to kr.
Which for kr is as follows
"[Basic] Vertical 13.4 / Horizontal 11.7
[Easy Buff] Vertical 14.5-15.5 m/s Horizontal 13-14"
Easy buff being Ezi's Light buff.
The only nerf a speedboat has had is a reduction to its health

Can you strengthen the erenor? Because erenor cost more and more gold, but gain lower and lower. Like erenor nicklace, rings,earring and instrument, the price equal to weapon, but they are easily overtaken. Even on some levels, the armor of legendary erenor set isn't as good as the mythic hiram set, mythic erenor set to eternal hiram set as same.
I think accessories and musical instruments need to be strengthened especially, it will be better if they can use erenor lunastones
We're not going to buff erenor to make it stronger.
That said in patch 6.1 erenor accessories can be awakened to t2 that grants them a 4th synthesis effect.

I'd like to know if the fire ironclad scraps will be removed from the mobs at halcyona and falcorth? The patch notes on live said they will be and I'm not sure they apply here. If so, where can we get them instead? Can we also increase the drop chance of the growling yawl from the custom prestige shop crates? Just to make it possible to get, lol.

+1 to the dragon egg being added back to black dragon, it is hard enough as it is without requiring someone to run for hero. Would suggest making it a slim chance tho.

+1 to the more bdsm housing furniture too ;)

I know it's not a patch request but can we revamp exploration too? Would be nice as a custom change in this patch.
Growling Yawl and Singed Vehible fragments are removed from only Warsmith castle.
Fragments have been custom added to always drop from custom bosses, so much more fragments can be acquired then before already. The accension crates aren't going to have drop chances increased for the yawl.
It is already multiple times easier to acquire.

Dragon eggs have nothing to do with heroes now or if they drop from BD (as would be normal for the patch if not custom tied to lords instead as they are now).

does Deeply colored oil crafted by Emulsified oil?
does Scented petal pigment crafted by Soft stem pigment?
does Rainbow polish crafted by Non-stick polish?
does all polish/oil/Pigment crafted need by lower polish/oil/Pigment?

does Deeply colored oil crafted by Emulsified oil?
does Scented petal pigment crafted by Soft stem pigment?
does Rainbow polish crafted by Non-stick polish?
does all polish/oil/Pigment crafted need by lower polish/oil/Pigment?
No. That is a change from a much older patch that was not applied.

Also, can the seasong earring be looked at? It does not grant swim speed at all atm. The buff does not appear when equipping it.

1632946675971.png

Back