What's new

3.0 / 3.5 Fresh Start Server?

Status
Not open for further replies.
whoever says that population is growing, economy is stabilising? (wtf) are liars or are people that spent so much in this game and couldnt charge back and are now trying to defend themselves and make themselves believe that this server will always be alive

Last edited:
Enigmatic stopped playing, so he sold all of his gear. Sad to see such a great player leave, though.

If I really cared enough to catch up on that server I could easily do so, but it's more of why should I when the server isn't even in a good state, when I played it was 4-5 guilds fighting each other, from what I see its a west cuck alliance that cant do anything by themselves allying up to kill content and ten boyz contesting them? correct me if I'm wrong but what kinda shit is that lol, I played when it was Buying time vs welcome vs Velocity and Blacked vs ShotsFired. that was when the server was most active. And how about castle claim day wen welcome defended our galleon against Loose Cannons alliance of 200 people? Yeah that was the glory days right now AA Ps is shit. Yeah it would split the community like it does with Official servers but the FS server would have much more population, you're forgetting that people who played on release would probably come back because a lot of people aren't in favour of 4.5's combat system with no cc break. You'd also get the people who thought the private server was sketchy so didn't try it out and felt like it was a missed opportunity.

for anyone who hasn't played 4.5 this is a gist of Reaper which is one of the more popular mages, tell me if you find that fun

All my points in previous posts were for a new player or returning player standpoint.

Last edited:
90% of the server using occultism, very fun. Even more fun when players are doing kadum and nobody cant do nothing in the server because of the lag.

90% of the server using occultism, very fun. Even more fun when players are doing kadum and nobody cant do nothing in the server because of the lag.

both servers are bad..

no one white knights either server this hard, are you getting paid to give 10/10 for this server?

While I wouldn't mind starting over on a Fresh Server, eventually it would have the same issues as this one if nothing is done to prevent those issues occuring in the first place.

But I agree that the first three months here were really fun, the most fun I had in ArcheAge since 2014.

It's too bad the population dipped, but people lose motivation to play.
It's easier to swipe for credits and sell them for gold, rather than do any of the in-game activities.

Another deterrent to new players is the land situation.
It is possible to find land in Rokhala, or the odd 8x8 in the safe zones on main continents, but new players want to be able to have farms and treehouses like the veterans. The increased tax cost is step in the right direction. I know some people would hate the idea of having account limits on the number of properties a person can own, but it's something to consider.

I know that in newbie zones I see a lot of potatoes planted in the Blue Salt public farms, and I see a lot of low levels actually watching cutscenes, so I can believe that population may be booming, it just may not be the endgame-pvp minded population that many would like to see.

What planet are you living on ?? I can in 5.5k gs with divine gear with top/legs fully gemmed in PvP gems ........... Can literally afk while 4 of those 4.5kgs players beat on me.

The server isnt dying because of gear level or P2W. It's literally dying the same death as official does over and over ........ RNG. The game has to much, which is why it will and never will be the WoW killer it should have been. The admin here fucked up buy not seriously over hauling all that went wrong and was proved to be wrong. Instead they RNG box cashed in like Trions did and copy and pasted 95% of Trions BS and poor patch acceptance. This is the only private server i know that copied almost everything the publisher/developers did wrong with every update.

Who wants 10k stacking items and 4 year old costume that no one even wants to buy. (hi shore leave costumes and dead mounts). Instead they should have 2x increased the regrade rates, added 4x ability to slot gems and encouraged the PvP aspect of the game. The fuck is the point in gearing in a PvP game, when there is no one to PvP against. Sure trade running inland is cool with a legendary weapon and divine armour but ....... No one will stay for that and whats the point.
I agree with the RNG but when you say there is no pvp? There's a lot of pvp in auroria land and sea events. I'm not talking only green vs reds. There are always green vs green vs reds vs pirates.

If I really cared enough to catch up on that server I could easily do so, but it's more of why should I when the server isn't even in a good state, when I played it was 4-5 guilds fighting each other, from what I see its a west cuck alliance that cant do anything by themselves allying up to kill content and ten boyz contesting them? correct me if I'm wrong but what kinda shit is that lol, I played when it was Buying time vs welcome vs Velocity and Blacked vs ShotsFired. that was when the server was most active. And how about castle claim day wen welcome defended our galleon against Loose Cannons alliance of 200 people? Yeah that was the glory days right now AA Ps is shit. Yeah it would split the community like it does with Official servers but the FS server would have much more population, you're forgetting that people who played on release would probably come back because a lot of people aren't in favour of 4.5's combat system with no cc break. You'd also get the people who thought the private server was sketchy so didn't try it out and felt like it was a missed opportunity.

for anyone who hasn't played 4.5 this is a gist of Reaper which is one of the more popular mages, tell me if you find that fun

All my points in previous posts were for a new player or returning player standpoint.
You are INSANE if you really think 4.5 would be good....it kills all ocean trade runs, nobody ever on fteedich and you need use alts just to get trade packs that spawn....no fucking way.

The server seems hella active lots of pvp just because you aren’t out there doing anything just complaining calling the top guilds Cucks won’t change anything. Fresh start at 4.5 LOL such a stupid idea it honestly scares me. Everyone would quit just like trions 4.5 server right now. Dumb as hell I feel like you just have nostalgia of your old friends on this server. The population is definitely growing

While I wouldn't mind starting over on a Fresh Server, eventually it would have the same issues as this one if nothing is done to prevent those issues occuring in the first place.

But I agree that the first three months here were really fun, the most fun I had in ArcheAge since 2014.

It's too bad the population dipped, but people lose motivation to play.
It's easier to swipe for credits and sell them for gold, rather than do any of the in-game activities.

Another deterrent to new players is the land situation.
It is possible to find land in Rokhala, or the odd 8x8 in the safe zones on main continents, but new players want to be able to have farms and treehouses like the veterans. The increased tax cost is step in the right direction. I know some people would hate the idea of having account limits on the number of properties a person can own, but it's something to consider.
Crappy zones like windscour have enough room to place 28x28s, land is taken in preferable zones tho

Honestly hasn't really been an issue. Those alts have to hit kadum at least once and since most re below lvl 40, they die before they can even do that.

Also, MM has a cap on how many players can join. My only complaint is letting anyone below lvl 50 join.

You are INSANE if you really think 4.5 would be good....it kills all ocean trade runs, nobody ever on fteedich and you need use alts just to get trade packs that spawn....no fucking way.

The server seems hella active lots of pvp just because you aren’t out there doing anything just complaining calling the top guilds Cucks won’t change anything. Fresh start at 4.5 LOL such a stupid idea it honestly scares me. Everyone would quit just like trions 4.5 server right now. Dumb as hell I feel like you just have nostalgia of your old friends on this server. The population is definitely growing

I don't go out to sea aside from Luscas, but the majority of my guild mates do salt water sport fishing and there's plenty of pvp to be had, there's always someone at Freed, people are doing ocean trade runs as well though most are still waiting on larders to finish.

I think you mean 90% of the server using Songcraft, with occultism/witchcraft in second.

The lag is an issue tho, but not game breaking.

When have i ever brought up 4.5 coming here? I said 3.0 or 3.5 with some changes, i linked the 4.5 video and asked if it looked fun because 4.5 people isn't fun, so before you come with your hyped up aggression learn how to read you *********** text censored by forum staff due to violation of Forum rules 4 and 8. 24 hours forum ban

Last edited by a moderator:
You'd also get the people who thought the private server was sketchy so didn't try it out and felt like it was a missed opportunity.

This is a really good point.

- There were a lot of people in the beginning who didn't come to the Private Server because they weren't sure if it would get shut down, or if it would last. There were also people who didn't even know about it until 2 weeks+ in and they didn't want to come because they felt like they missed the land rush.

- There were all the people who quit in november because the Credit donation system changed to crypto, and they either didn't want to learn or couldn't learn to use crypto to donate. Now we have that new donation system which is very easy to use and accessible to anyone with a PayPal account or Credit card.

- There's all the people who came back to Retail Archeage for 4.5, but find that they don't like the 4.5 update and are nostalgic for the old combat skills and the old trade system. And the people who were wanted to go back for the 4.5 fresh start, but didn't because they wanted to be a Dwarf or Warborn.

That's 3 big groups of people who would all be interested in a new Fresh Start using this server' 3.0 system, including the players who already play PS but are feeling like the situation has stagnated.

If they did launch a fresh start, the population would probably be higher than the population the first time they launched.
BUT- they would have to make sure there was some promise or system in play to prevent it from just getting stale again in 3 months like a Trion Fresh Start.

No fresh start, no more "trion approved" cash-shop updates. One of the worst ideas on this forum currently.

Patches beyond 3.0 added so little game content, while the cash shop keeps expanding. Id rather not see that crap here.
The game should not be "reset" with a fresh start. That's like playing a board game and asking to reroll the dice because of a bad roll.

There is no "winning" in this game, it's a never ending grind. A fresh start will not make the game more fun; it's still the same slow grind! A fresh start will only piss off the people who were dedicated to the server, and put in the effort to be where they are now.

This is a really good point.

- There were a lot of people in the beginning who didn't come to the Private Server because they weren't sure if it would get shut down, or if it would last. There were also people who didn't even know about it until 2 weeks+ in and they didn't want to come because they felt like they missed the land rush.

- There were all the people who quit in november because the Credit donation system changed to crypto, and they either didn't want to learn or couldn't learn to use crypto to donate. Now we have that new donation system which is very easy to use and accessible to anyone with a PayPal account or Credit card.

- There's all the people who came back to Retail Archeage for 4.5, but find that they don't like the 4.5 update and are nostalgic for the old combat skills and the old trade system. And the people who were wanted to go back for the 4.5 fresh start, but didn't because they wanted to be a Dwarf or Warborn.

That's 3 big groups of people who would all be interested in a new Fresh Start using this server' 3.0 system, including the players who already play PS but are feeling like the situation has stagnated.

If they did launch a fresh start, the population would probably be higher than the population the first time they launched.
BUT- they would have to make sure there was some promise or system in play to prevent it from just getting stale again in 3 months like a Trion Fresh Start.

What new donation system ?? I haven't seen the admins release anything that changed the donations from cypto.

The issue with crytpo far exceeds more than "Either didn't want to learn or couldn't learn", in some countries it is out right illegal to dabble in crypto currency. In others though, people just dont feel the need to learn it (more so for a single server, of a single game, in their library filled with legions of games). After all, crypto isnt an infinite supply, there is only a limited amount to go around, which is why it will never be a thing people should prioritize learning to use. Crypto was and never will replace any currency for the masses.

Crypto donations, lack of cash shop foresight (literally copying Trion) and the same old, same old RNG. These are whats killing the server. Just like on live, the path is always the same. People will always want a frsh start, but whats the point when the destination always leads to the dump. A fresh start server, has and never will save archeage. What does that is implementation of content, both cash purchases and ingame progression wise. Sadly this server and for the future. No one has got it right. Sure ...... This server started off great, but money always gets in the way and so does being stuck in your visionary path.

How many times have we heard the admins here say "Yeah but it works like we thought it would" or "Thats how its supposed to be" ......... Or " Yeah but the rewards justify it"

You think anything will change with a fresh start ? The dream we had, was nothing more than a bubble that popped like every bubble before it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mim
What new donation system ?? I haven't seen the admins release anything that changed the donations from cypto.

The issue with crytpo far exceeds more than "Either didn't want to learn or couldn't learn", in some countries it is out right illegal to dabble in crypto currency. In others though, people just dont feel the need to learn it (more so for a single server, of a single game, in their library filled with legions of games). After all, crypto isnt an infinite supply, there is only a limited amount to go around, which is why it will never be a thing people should prioritize learning to use. Crypto was and never will replace any currency for the masses.

Crypto donations, lack of cash shop foresight (literally copying Trion) and the same old, same old RNG. These are whats killing the server. Just like on live, the path is always the same. People will always want a frsh start, but whats the point when the destination always leads to the dump. A fresh start server, has and never will save archeage. What does that is implementation of content, both cash purchases and ingame progression wise. Sadly this server and for the future. No one has got it right. Sure ...... This server started off great, but money always gets in the way and so does being stuck in your visionary path.

How many times have we heard the admins here say "Yeah but it works like we thought it would" or "Thats how its supposed to be" ......... Or " Yeah but the rewards justify it"

You think anything will change with a fresh start ? The dream we had, was nothing more than a bubble that popped like every bubble before it.

Well said!
+1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back