What's new

Cascaden

I've noticed some serious changes for the worst with general loot from mobs. This is of course aside from the negative changes to larceny IMO. I'm speaking specifically about loot drop chances. I killed 120 mobs on 3rd floor of Library and DIDNT GET A SINGLE CRAFTING MAT. I got 68 Deans purses but literally not a single mat. I also noticed that the 2nd floor rarely drops mats as well and the first floor drop less then 2.9. I had 30% loots drop buffs pop'd on top of the provided "100%" chance from the patron buff. Doesn't seem right to me. In 2.9 I used to get crafting mats almost every single kill. Something is clearly wrong. Am I missing something? Some change I didn't read? If anyone else is noticing the same problem please let me know. If not please share what type of experiences you have with drops in 3.0 vs 2.9. Also would appreciate some DEV/MOD feedback on this matter.

Last edited:
No, there has been a definite change to all around looting since 3.0. Even when you start an ALT character at level 15 you start to notice this. There are some mobs early on that drop purses nearly 100% of the time (Merchants Purse I think they are called). Used to be 1 out of every 5 or so I open would yield Archeum motes of some variety. Or powder. But I think coupled with the changes to Larceny, that is much reduced now.

And better yielding purses (Prince, Queen, Jester, etc) are not dropping near as often at before, certainly not at a 100% rate as it was on some mobs. Just one of the many new changes I have been working to adapt to

Thanks for the response and feedback. I grinded for a bit longer. Killed 40 more mobs and finally got 1 Philosopher's Stone Fragment. Moral of the story here is it takes hours to get a few mats on the 3rd floor of the Lib. That doesn't seem reasonable to me. Would love to see a change to this.

I also noticed while grinding in Auroria that mob drops are lower now than they were 2.9
I'd like to see a return to the 2.9 loot table

Loot Drop rates in Library have not changed. What has changed is what floor each drop on. On Floor 3 its the most rarest mats so they do not drop as often as others. What you guys are getting confused on is in 2.9 all mats dropped on every floor so you could get common mats on floor 3 which gives it the impression rates on drops were changed but that is not the case.

Loot Drop rates in Library have not changed. What has changed is what floor each drop on. On Floor 3 its the most rarest mats so they do not drop as often as others. What you guys are getting confused on is in 2.9 all mats dropped on every floor so you could get common mats on floor 3 which gives it the impression rates on drops were changed but that is not the case.
Ok thanks you for the response and for some clarification. Just as an input at this point its pretty discouraging to grind for 1 hour or longer and only get 1 or 2 purple mats on the 3rd floor. (With every loot drop buff know to players on) Maybe a slight increase to drop rates could be made? Also in 2.9 Coin purses dropping for each mob gave a sense of consistency to the grinding. Its something I really miss. I believe a slight increase to drop rate for crafting mats and going back to mobs each dropping a single coin purse would improve game play experience for all players. Again thanks for your involvement. Have a great day.

PS/TLDR: From my experience grinding mobs used to be more viable and actually fun in 2.9 due to more consistent loot drops including coin purses and crafting mats. Now in 3.0 I dread having to grind and I'm still trying to get one Ouroboros Statue after 3 days in the Lib now. Its the only thing I need to make a major upgrade. Just not very fun anymore.

Last edited:
3.0 was never fun & was the beginning of the end of archeage. The dev's have tried to fix a lot of things that made players leave, but unfortunately even they don't see some issues that make the game no longer enjoyable for many.

3.0 was never fun & was the beginning of the end of archeage. The dev's have tried to fix a lot of things that made players leave, but unfortunately even they don't see some issues that make the game no longer enjoyable for many.

I actually went back to the retail version when 3.0 dropped; and left about a week later when I realized how much of a middle finger the player base was being given.

I actually went back to the retail version when 3.0 dropped; and left about a week later when I realized how much of a middle finger the player base was being given.
I think the best thing to do at this point is to give accurate and constructive feedback on what you would like to see changed. Only thing we can do. I for one would like to see things changed to loot and larceny so that it reflects 2.9 a bit more. With consistent coin purses from each kill and changing the Library so that mats are dropped a bit more often.

I think the best thing to do at this point is to give accurate and constructive feedback on what you would like to see changed. Only thing we can do. I for one would like to see things changed to loot and larceny so that it reflects 2.9 a bit more. With consistent coin purses from each kill and changing the Library so that mats are dropped a bit more often.

Honestly, I don't remember exactly what triggered me to be thinking that only that I did. And I certainly agree about constructive feedback being important.

Larceny and purses was already changed, improving them and making it based on proficiency level.
You can already get 1 purse per kill during a war zone, meaning you can get 2.9 drop rate for anything but queens purses. Those instead require you to use drop rate buffs for it instead.
No more changes will be made currently.

Larceny and purses was already changed, improving them and making it based on proficiency level.
You can already get 1 purse per kill during a war zone, meaning you can get 2.9 drop rate for anything but queens purses. Those instead require you to use drop rate buffs for it instead.
No more changes will be made currently.
That is good to know and is noted. However there are many locations and situations that War time cannot be applied to loot.

That is good to know and is noted. However there are many locations and situations that War time cannot be applied to loot.
The only place I can think off that will not gain from this is ocean zones which are left out of the benefits of war zones and dungeons. But you never farmed these for purses so I do not see an issue there.
Granted yes there is not always an occurring war zone that allows for assured farming. However, ArcheRage has around 4-6 items already in the game that grant +10% loot drop rate and make up for this and even let you farm queens with 1 to 1 ratio with enough of them active with the +7% from guild buff

The only place I can think off that will not gain from this is ocean zones which are left out of the benefits of war zones and dungeons. But you never farmed these for purses so I do not see an issue there.
Granted yes there is not always an occurring war zone that allows for assured farming. However, ArcheRage has around 4-6 items already in the game that grant +10% loot drop rate and make up for this and even let you farm queens with 1 to 1 ratio with enough of them active with the +7% from guild buff
Exactly, and with all these buffs I've noticed that I get less of everything in 3.0. Making it so my time investment doesn't feel rewarded that same as it did in 2.9. I no longer enjoy grinding, one of my main activities, anymore in 3.0. I grind less, I play less, I pay less. That is the reality of the situation right now. Even with all the "loot buffs".

Back