What's new

3.0 Updates: Land and taxation

My problem is one person owning a bunch of buildings in the same area. That's capitalism and it prevents other players from owning land for production of resources/homes. We should all have land labor and capital in a game about crafting and stuff.

I guess it’s easy for you to complain about that. However, I used to have land in 3-4 different places, and I disliked it very much. Why? Because I kept forgetting which of my things were in which chest in which location.. It was easy to lose track of what I planted where.

So yes, now I placed my land all together, as I got lucky cuz my neighbours slowly disappeared and I was able to take their land. Who are you to decide that people cannot do that?

I guess it’s easy for you to complain about that. However, I used to have land in 3-4 different places, and I disliked it very much. Why? Because I kept forgetting which of my things were in which chest in which location.. It was easy to lose track of what I planted where.

So yes, now I placed my land all together, as I got lucky cuz my neighbours slowly disappeared and I was able to take their land. Who are you to decide that people cannot do that?
The problem is when other players need somewhere to put down their home or farmland for their cows or whatever. Land and stuff should be equally distributed to the players.

The problem is when other players need somewhere to put down their home or farmland for their cows or whatever. Land and stuff should be equally distributed to the players.
No it shouldn't. This is a sandbox game based on a system of first come first serve. As that if someone wants to hold many places they can.
And your argument of needing land for crops or other uses is invalidated by the fact there is land availabile and has nothing to do with how much 1 person can own.
From what I can understand this is not about there not being land. Rather there isn't open land where you want it.

I don't follow? I said I moved all my land together from 3-4 places to one place? So I opened up other land? As Sjinderson said, you just want something specific and it's not easily available, which is ofc too bad but nothing much can be done about it.

There will always be areas that are more popular than others to hold, so those plots will be harder to come by than in other zones.

No it shouldn't. This is a sandbox game based on a system of first come first serve. As that if someone wants to hold many places they can.
And your argument of needing land for crops or other uses is invalidated by the fact there is land availabile and has nothing to do with how much 1 person can own.
From what I can understand this is not about there not being land. Rather there isn't open land where you want it.
I don't want land in a war zone worse than Syria. I am simply pointing out that when you go to certain areas one person owns 4+ buildings and sometimes they are even for sale because they know they can profit off the land they took. If they are building buildings for the only intention to sell it to force someone to pay to use the land, that is extortion. Something should be done to prevent this kind of land stealing so the player can own the means of production and not be forced to purchase the things they could normally farm by themselves.

I don't want land in a war zone worse than Syria. I am simply pointing out that when you go to certain areas one person owns 4+ buildings and sometimes they are even for sale because they know they can profit off the land they took. If they are building buildings for the only intention to sell it to force someone to pay to use the land, that is extortion. Something should be done to prevent this kind of land stealing so the player can own the means of production and not be forced to purchase the things they could normally farm by themselves.

There is some players yes that burn their labor on taxes and building materials to sell land. Always have been and always will. It is what they enjoy doing to make gold.

Fyi, there have been many many threads about the supposed injustice of this and how they all supposedly hack for land grabbing. No it's not unfair, it's part of the game, and no they dont hack. Case closed.

No that is called economy. Land is a resource to be sold and bought like everything else

I used to be a land baron with 35 ish properties and felt the taxes hurt; was paying around 3k a week at one point. The heavy taxation works. Reguarding lamd grab hacks, there are no hacks lol. Ypu need good ping first of all, then you preclick to lineup design so you dont twitch move it, AND you move mouse to where you expect the tax button prompt confirmation to show up.

Land stealing? You’re a joke. When a player does not pay their taxes, the land demos and gives others opportunities to take said plot. Some utilize the plot, and some sell it. That’s an economy. There is a lot of land demoing out there, and there is a lot of empty plots out there - such as, Windscour. The players who beat you to placing the land didn’t “steal” it. And it is not extortion. Man, you sound so entitled, it is embarrassing.

It has been stated already but I’ll say it once more - you are just mad that you cannot have land wherever you want, hence your Syria comment. Players spend a lot of time running around looking for demolitions, spend a lot of laborto make taxes, or spend a lot of gold to buy taxes, so they may have their lands where they want. Or, they purchase it off of someone else.

You are not trying hard enough if you cannot find land. Or, you’re antisocial and not joining a guild who provides open lands for their members. You are not entitled to having land, nor should it be evenly distributed. All this cheap talk about extortion and capitalism is just you throwing around “big words” without understanding how the economy of our game works.

Go plant your cows publicly on a mountain if you want a nice view. Or, stop being a lazy jerk and actually work for your land that some players fought for, stayed up late for, or paid for.

I used to be a land baron with 35 ish properties and felt the taxes hurt; was paying around 3k a week at one point. The heavy taxation works. Reguarding lamd grab hacks, there are no hacks lol. Ypu need good ping first of all, then you preclick to lineup design so you dont twitch move it, AND you move mouse to where you expect the tax button prompt confirmation to show up.

Yea idk why this has to be brought up again, the system is crazy enough as it is lol. Also, you mention 35 old properties and call yourself an ex-land baron, but he says "4+ buildings" as if that is something crazy heh according to that logic, most of the server is a land baron.

I can tell you behind my one house and across from my other home in Windscour there is a ton of open land it is almost laughable. And Windscour isn't like a free fall for all pvp area. Also, I have seen so many land demo's in more "desirable" areas that I just leave and let people have if they happen to come across them. Land is available it is called using your eyes and looking. I am talking 28's and 16's all over the place.

Back