What's new

3.0 Updates: Loot, Weapons, Armor

Personally, the crates are actually a welcome addition. I really hated them at first, but honestly, when 3.5 hits, crates become absolutely *amazing*. I made 35k gold purely off ancestors crates in about 2 weeks. Granted, I had to drink a few extra labor potions, but they were totally worth it. And the Ancestors purses are about a 5.3s/l rate, which isn't as bad as you'd think, considering it's purely money. The crates are about a 8s/l rate. Larceny was never meant to be the highest rate.

And, if you think about it, the s/l rate of Queens will drop too, as time goes on. The only real worth in them right now is the moon/sunpoints, because everyone wants them. When the server eventually tapers off, and sun/moonpoints become worth about 10 gold each, you'll end up suffering anyway. The crates, on the other hand, drop real goodies like MGP and Archeum Trees/Regrade braziers. MGP is a highly valuable resource, and Trees/Braziers go for 50s a pop at a vendor.

Personally, the crates are actually a welcome addition. I really hated them at first, but honestly, when 3.5 hits, crates become absolutely *amazing*. I made 35k gold purely off ancestors crates in about 2 weeks. Granted, I had to drink a few extra labor potions, but they were totally worth it. And the Ancestors purses are about a 5.3s/l rate, which isn't as bad as you'd think, considering it's purely money. The crates are about a 8s/l rate. Larceny was never meant to be the highest rate.

And, if you think about it, the s/l rate of Queens will drop too, as time goes on. The only real worth in them right now is the moon/sunpoints, because everyone wants them. When the server eventually tapers off, and sun/moonpoints become worth about 10 gold each, you'll end up suffering anyway. The crates, on the other hand, drop real goodies like MGP and Archeum Trees/Regrade braziers. MGP is a highly valuable resource, and Trees/Braziers go for 50s a pop at a vendor.

Gem mats and regrade points are what I farm purses for. Those are not very easy to come by from crates. I absolutely hate the whole crate system. I lived with it on the other servers, and it was a disaster. Crates are very rare, and you often get no more than a little bit of lunarite dust from them, maybe something better once in a while. The crates themselves can be bought and sold, and were selling for 35gold each, all for a pinch of dust in most cases.

I'm unclear why crates are a welcomed addition for you when you admit that they are only viable when 3.5 hits. We are most unlikely never getting 3.5 on this server.

We're never getting 3.5.... So....

Who is "we"? Speak for yourself, coin purses needed to be nerfed.
You may have missed it in the thread but many people asked for this to be changed in 3.0.

And to talk about how much money you made from crates in 3.5 doesnt help this discussion seeing as how we will probably never get it on this server.
Most of us came to this server cuz we thought it would be different than retail. So far with the exception of x2 honor and increased labor the same issues that plagued retail are doing the same here. We asked for some changes to stuff that made everyone quit when they came out on retail. If these things are what made people quit on retail why bring those same things here? Makes no sense.

It's been mentioned that drop rates are being adjusted for 3.0, as in crate availability, and potentially drop rate out of the crates. I don't remember the exact stuff I did in 3.0, as 3.5 is still more fresh in my memory.

I just remember hating the system for a while too, but then I grew to appreciate the fact that crates were real gold, just not actual silver in pocket until the items that came out of them were sold. If you do queens crates, you get a high rate of braziers/trees, which are 50s per. I don't remember the exact cost of labor in opening them, but I seem to recall getting at least 3-5 trees/braziers when they dropped, which is 1.5-2.5 gold when that happens, in 3.0. I don't see that as being all that bad, especially @ max larceny levels. Then I remember ancestors crates/purses in 3.5 being absolutely off the wall awesome, if slightly labor intense (25l @ 230k larceny)

Lunarite levels with crates are a massive problem however, and suck wangs. That definitely needs a look.

You still have to farm the stones to craft the scrolls from the exact same mobs, so it completely defeats the purpose.

Well with that line of thinking might as well get rid of all crafting materials and just drop items. I tend to lean towards the side of craft everything, however in this game you can have every proficiency so your point is more valid since you don't have to seek out someone who can craft for you. So you are right it doesn't make much a difference other than some labor cost.

so as i am reading through the list of updates here on this thread i see this
  • 2 Tiers of Metallic Boxes – contain higher drop amounts of resource materials along with regrade braziers, non-rumbling archeum saplings, and have a very small chance to produce a jackpot
but what i am told from sparkles on another thread, "We'll have Metallic Crates in game, however no jackpots are going to be added from the start". so which is it? any confirmation on what is to come?

Back