What's new

4.5 hiram

Yeah erenor is outside of the cost range for almost all practical players, really only for whales. Most people will use hiram/library.
Also there is a added benefit of people joining in more pvp since now those who don't have a lot of money to throw into a game can have a chance not getting one shotted. More people willing to take risks. More people out on the ocean. More people doing DS pvp (which is pretty fun in a large groups), it is win-win for a lot of people.

Also there is a added benefit of people joining in more pvp since now those who don't have a lot of money to throw into a game can have a chance not getting one shotted. More people willing to take risks. More people out on the ocean. More people doing DS pvp (which is pretty fun in a large groups), it is win-win for a lot of people.

Sadly that will greatly depends on how archerage staff deal with the skill tree changes because in its original form hiram + skill changes were an atrocious combination that left deserted many of the legacy servers in less than two weeks. Now if they find a way to keep the current skills or make a workable mix then you might be right hiram would end up being helpful.

Personally, I would like to see Hiram and Erenor gear removed from the game. Gear should stop at Obsidian and Ayanad. Those lines are very good fits for the game. Erenor is very P2W and Hiram is extremely grindy. Obsidian and Ayanad can be achieved naturally in game with some work. The other two lines are just ridiculous and out of place in AA.

Obsidian and Ayanad are natural for the *current* content level in the game.

You realize the game eventually goes up to ancestral level 40? With equivalent mobs and content bosses that possess statistics that surpass ayanad and obsidian gear?

The amount of work required to bring content down to the level of obsidian and ayanad would be extremely tedious and quite frankly difficult. First all new types of mobs would have to be identified, their stats combed over, identified, and then tested with gear. Then a buff to gear stats would need to be applied then tested. How much of a gear buff do you expect to be applied here? Bosses and content would also have to be tested and gear changed to match that. Most of this stuff doesn't just happen over night.

Let the content progress naturally. I still morn my Hasla gear that took a disgusting amount of weeks to farm. I had to sit around in a lonely little corner in hasla, pray I didn't get ganked, and farm mobs to obtain my equipment, while contesting with other players.

Then obsidian dropped and made that all worthless. I adapted. It's time to move on man. New times, new gear.

Sadly that will greatly depends on how archerage staff deal with the skill tree changes because in its original form hiram + skill changes were an atrocious combination that left deserted many of the legacy servers in less than two weeks. Now if they find a way to keep the current skills or make a workable mix then you might be right hiram would end up being helpful.
Let's not exaggertate here. More people left over the changes in trade and farming around 3.5 where huge swaths of land opened up almost overnight in places like windscour and Arcum iris. The indifference of the trion staff towards the bots and cheaters. Sometimes the GMs like Khroloan helped the cheaters by reversing their bans and gave certain guilds important information early on while remaining tight lipped about that same information on the live streams. More people left over things like that then the Hiram gear. Then too I have seen people leave when the Hasla weapons became obsolete in favor of obsidian. Irregardless people come and go all of the time for various reasons. The crafted gear is still going to be there. The Hiram gear is just going to give those who don't have a lot of money a chance at being competitive.

Let's not exaggertate here. More people left over the changes in trade and farming around 3.5 where huge swaths of land opened up almost overnight in places like windscour and Arcum iris. The indifference of the trion staff towards the bots and cheaters. Sometimes the GMs like Khroloan helped the cheaters by reversing their bans and gave certain guilds important information early on while remaining tight lipped about that same information on the live streams. More people left over things like that then the Hiram gear. Then too I have seen people leave when the Hasla weapons became obsolete in favor of obsidian. Irregardless people come and go all of the time for various reasons. The crafted gear is still going to be there. The Hiram gear is just going to give those who don't have a lot of money a chance at being competitive.
Not sure if you played live at 4.5 or are you assuming from the changelog but the issue is not hiram per se but the fact there is no need for anything else but hiram in 4.5+ getting worse incrementally from there, hence 4.0 made crafting gear really hard then 4.5 made it useless outside filling up some niche market for whales erenor's feed which in consequence killed most farm markets(after all, no one need to craft) which in return killed most of the alchemy profession and so on and so forth.

We are not saying don't bring hiram, we are just saying it need to be balanced because in its current official form we already know it will be a failure.

Seriously no one is taking guesses here, we as a matter of fact do know

Not sure if you played live at 4.5 or are you assuming from the changelog but the issue is not hiram per se but the fact there is no need for anything else but hiram in 4.5+ getting worse incrementally from there, hence 4.0 made crafting gear really hard then 4.5 made it useless outside filling up some niche market for whales erenor's feed which in consequence killed most farm markets(after all, no one need to craft) which in return killed most of the alchemy profession and so on and so forth.

We are not saying don't bring hiram, we are just saying it need to be balanced because in its current official form we already know it will be a failure.

There is nothing wrong with Hiram itself except that on Trion servers it was heavily monetized. Just like there's nothing wrong with Erenor gear, the stats make sense with the progression of the game, especially with how much money and work goes into it. New gear systems shouldn't be nerfed to bring attention to older ones. Buff the old ones if players need more choices.

There is nothing wrong with Hiram itself except that on Trion servers it was heavily monetized. Just like there's nothing wrong with Erenor gear, the stats make sense with the progression of the game, especially with how much money and work goes into it. New gear systems shouldn't be nerfed to bring attention to older ones. Buff the old ones if players need more choices.
Obsidian can not be buffed, if obsidian is buffed it will go back to being BiS regardless of any other armor. Obsidian from the get go was a design mistake that I'm pretty sure they intend to eventually phase out as patches continue (XL).

Obsidian can not be buffed, if obsidian is buffed it will go back to being BiS regardless of any other armor. Obsidian from the get go was a design mistake that I'm pretty sure they intend to eventually phase out as patches continue (XL).
I don't want Obsidian buffed in stats I mean. And buffed wasn't the right word. I'm tired. Hiram, Erenor, and eventually the new library/mistsong armor system are the future, but if people are so hellbent on keeping their obsidian system, sure let them keep it. I meant more as in find a way to buff the crafting system to keep crafting viable. Obsidian in a way didn't do much for crafting either, so I'm confused why that was so well received originally and people still have a death grip on theirs going into 4.5.

I meant more as in find a way to buff the crafting system to keep crafting viable. Obsidian in a way didn't do much for crafting either, so I'm confused why that was so well received originally and people still have a death grip on theirs going into 4.5.
Obsidian is the cheapest and the most insane amount of effective stats you can get from a single piece per slot thats why people love it.

Not sure if you played live at 4.5 or are you assuming from the changelog but the issue is not hiram per se but the fact there is getting worse incrementally from there, hence 4.0 made crafting gear really hard then 4.5 made it useless outside filling up some niche market for whales erenor's feed which in consequence killed most farm markets(after all, no one need to craft) which in return killed most of the alchemy profession and so on and so forth.

The farm markets are already dead and that is not a guess. Try selling wheat, coral or roses. Outside of a few things, trying to sell items that used to sell quickly takes a LOOONNNNGGGG time, that too is not a guess. The amount crafted gear on the AH has dropped. You say "no need for anything else but hiram in 4.5+" yeah, so what? Right now it is Erenor it the best gear and before that it was Ayanad. T2 eneror is something they have for the whales, good for them and nothing is stopping them from getting hiram gear if they wanted. On live they got rid of PN and castles. The castle seiges are now an event that anyone can join and benefit from. The red dragon, titan wing are events that are no longer controlled by one or two guilds but events where anyone can join those too. That is not a guess either. On live they made a effort to bring a balance to keep people playing who are not pay to win and at the same time, keep those that are.

The whales will be just fine they can still put money into their gear by selling credits because this server did not screw up the trading system or nerf the coin purse drop rate like on live.

Edit* I forgot to add the AH used to be filled with people trying to sell their Ayanad scraps. The price eventually went from 100 gold to 50 and now they are hard to find on the AH. The scraps are one of the components needed to make Ayanad gear. Since you need 50 scraps + other items to make a armor smithing book and 80 scraps + other items to make a weapon smithing book, why are there not more scraps on the AH? I mean that is something anyone can farm. There used to be reset groups for farming library. Those are gone too. People are crying about Hiram gear ruining a crafting system that has been dead for a long time, smh.

Last edited:
Edit* I forgot to add the AH used to be filled with people trying to sell their Ayanad scraps. The price eventually went from 100 gold to 50 and now they are hard to find on the AH. The scraps are one of the components needed to make Ayanad gear. Since you need 50 scraps + other items to make a armor smithing book and 80 scraps + other items to make a weapon smithing book, why are there not more scraps on the AH? I mean that is something anyone can farm. There used to be reset groups for farming library. Those are gone too. People are crying about Hiram gear ruining a crafting system that has been dead for a long time, smh.
Scraps mostly aren't a thing because more and more people have unlocked HoA, which generates a crapload of fully complete scrolls. On top of this, the twice a year titan event also nukes the market as well (halves scroll prices every time it comes out almost).

I'm just accumulating gold right now, in anticipation of having to regrade a new set of gear. I'll just wait and see how 4.5 ends up getting done before making up my mind up about it. But I've said before: more options = good.

The kraken ink sacs are pretty much controlled by your guild. I would not say the cheapest
Man how out of touch are you? Kraken ink sacks last I saw one sell on the AH for 800g. They are cheap af now, PN has not Controlled the Ink sack market since the % drop changes many months ago. Look at all the mats to T6 Obi gear and the most I have seen is Vyrava's Inferno 3-4k and most can farm the scrapes needed in a hour or so in reedwind. Find a few friends and summon Vyrava = free mat ez game. Obi is very cheap

The kraken ink sacs are pretty much controlled by your guild. I would not say the cheapest
The only obsidian recipes which require ink sacs now are t6 boots for cloth/leather/plate, ink sacs hardly have any form of influence on the overall cost of obsidian items generally speaking, on top of this, they're less than 1k gold...

The amount of stats you can get from obsidian for the cost is quite absurd.

The only obsidian recipes which require ink sacs now are t6 boots for cloth/leather/plate, ink sacs hardly have any form of influence on the overall cost of obsidian items generally speaking, on top of this, they're less than 1k gold...

Add in all of the RNG failure and cost of regrades, plus charms and scrolls. is not that cheap.

Add in all of the RNG failure and cost of regrades, plus charms and scrolls. is not that cheap.
if you are regrading your own obsidian as a noob player, that is your first mistake. you can purchase low tier epic pieces for less than 10k each which is absurdly cheap when considering how easy it is to make gold with just a little bit of effort and 12-15k labor a day.

A player in support pack gear can hit epic buff (almost top 100 gear) in two weeks or less if they are committed. Maybe in a month for casual players.

This narrative to justify the asshole price control on ink-sacs is hilarious.

1582515046425.png
->>>
1582515020700.png

Ah yes, a 10k premium on Kraken Ink Sac is totally justified by those stat gains from T5 to T6 on SHOES.

Back