What's new

4.5 hiram

if you are regrading your own obsidian as a noob player, that is your first mistake. you can purchase low tier epic pieces for less than 10k each which is absurdly cheap when considering how easy it is to make gold with just a little bit of effort and 12-15k labor a day.

A player in support pack gear can hit epic buff (almost top 100 gear) in two weeks or less if they are committed. Maybe in a month for casual players.

I am not sure where you are getting that magical 12-15k labor number from. With the vocation stipend the labor gets jacked up to 7k from 5k. You say 10k for epics? really? according to the AH as of this posting it is around 20k for epics. So you are off a little bit. Oh but wait that is Ayanad! Well then, where is all of this crafted epic obsidian at? Tell me where is it because I am missing something here. Where is all of this crafted gear at that Hiram is supposed to ruin?

I do a lot of larders. It is about 20 mins from sunbite to austera with the costume to give me a speed increase. In order to make 5000 gold that means i have to make 22 trips if the packs are worth 25-26 gold each. Why won't I do dangerous run for greater profit? Because I like to keep my larders so I can make gold, not make it for someone else. Running that many packs will take me about 6-7 hours of just hauling larders. Why not get friends to help? I do get help from my guildies sometimes but why should they always drop everything to help me? They got things to do too.

And this is not including:
My time to gather the mats to make the larders
The ingredients to put into the larders like honey, hay, milk ect.
Make them and then wait a day and a half.
Use labor to turn them into a pack and
Spend more time hauling them and
Labor to turn them in.

You seriously remind me of those people on live who talked about being the top pvp with the top gear score and only play 1 hour a day. Then too those types of people were the ones who usually bought gold from gold sellers or bought credits to sell. Either way, I highly doubt they were putting in a real effort. If you cheat or buy gold then things become very easy. Or if there are people in your guild that pretend they can't find their ass with both hands in order to get help. Sure the game is super easy for them too.

And where is your guarantee that in the player support pack, all of that gear will become epic? I really, really want to see this trick. Especially since obsidian gear is supposed to be harder to upgrade this expansion.

I am not sure where you are getting that magical 12-15k labor number from. With the vocation stipend the labor gets jacked up to 7k from 5k. You say 10k for epics? really? according to the AH as of this posting it is around 20k for epics. So you are off a little bit. Oh but wait that is Ayanad! Well then, where is all of this crafted epic obsidian at? Tell me where is it because I am missing something here. Where is all of this crafted gear at that Hiram is supposed to ruin?
40 labor per 5min > 480 labor per hr > 11520 labor per day + stipend(s) = roughly 15k labor per day at your disposal

Epic obsidians aren't always on the AH but generally aren't terribly difficult to buy in trade chat or on discord for 10k or less.

You seriously remind me of those people on live who talked about being the top pvp with the top gear score and only play 1 hour a day. Then too those types of people were the ones who usually bought gold from gold sellers or bought credits to sell. Either way, I highly doubt they were putting in a real effort. If you cheat or buy gold then things become very easy. Or if there are people in your guild that pretend they can't find their ass with both hands in order to get help. Sure the game is super easy for them too.
Yeah only been playing for over 2 years probably somewhere around 5 hours a day on average, top 10/20 gs players really can't understand real effort.

And where is your guarantee that in the player support pack, all of that gear will become epic? I really, really want to see this trick. Especially since obsidian gear is supposed to be harder to upgrade this expansion.
I said in my earlier post that regrading isn't worth it -- you can farm aegis and whalesong very easily with support pack gear was what I was implying, you can easily make several thousand gold per day with this method and it's extremely braindead.

This narrative to justify the asshole price control on ink-sacs is hilarious.

View attachment 10746->>>View attachment 10745

Ah yes, a 10k premium on Kraken Ink Sac is totally justified by those stat gains from T5 to T6 on SHOES.

:oops:

The post you quoted really doesn't include anything revolving around ink sac price fixing... I simply mentioned that they're roughly 1k gold or less now. I'm not asking for anything to be reverted or voicing any complaints about whatever changes that occurred.

If the improvement between those two pieces of gear is really minuscule, then why does the price of the upgrade material matter?

40 labor per 5min > 480 labor per hr > 11520 labor per day + stipend(s) = roughly 15k labor per day at your disposal

Epic obsidians aren't always on the AH but generally aren't terribly difficult to buy in trade chat or on discord for 10k or less.

Yeah only been playing for over 2 years probably somewhere around 5 hours a day on average, top 10/20 gs players really can't understand real effort.

I said in my earlier post that regrading isn't worth it -- you can farm aegis and whalesong very easily with support pack gear was what I was implying, you can easily make several thousand gold per day with this method and it's extremely braindead.

By farming whalesong or ageis, you are not going to instantly make 10k gold. The purses on average give about 80-85 silver, the items in the crates sell for more but still you have to grind roughly 9,000 to 10,000 mobs. It is easy enough to do, the same with delivering packs but it will take you a while.

By farming whalesong or ageis, you are not going to instantly make 10k gold. The purses on average give about 80-85 silver, the items in the crates sell for more but still you have to grind roughly 9,000 to 10,000 mobs. It is easy enough to do, the same with delivering packs but it will take you a while.
Never said anything was instant or time consuming -- once again you're not really summarizing what I'm saying accurately. Essentially yes farming in the early stages of the game will require some time and effort but the general idea here is it is actually not that bad to gear up on this server.

Never said anything was instant or time consuming -- once again you're not really summarizing what I'm saying accurately. Essentially yes farming in the early stages of the game will require some time and effort but the general idea here is it is actually not that bad to gear up on this server.

when you said this:

A player in support pack gear can hit epic buff (almost top 100 gear) in two weeks or less if they are committed. Maybe in a month for casual players.

By the way you worded this, you are making seem like regrading the support pack will just pour out epics just like divine gear is now. The top gear is Erenor and Ayanad not obsidian. There is no way to get to the top 100 in two weeks unless you are putting money into the game, botting, or buying gold. Just to get 10k gold takes a lot of effort and isn't as simple as you are making it out to be.

The great thing about coin purse farming is all the extra that comes with it and you need no mats or prep time. You can full loot buff if you want or dont loot buff at all. The only thing you bring is your character. The amount of coin purses you get can vary on spot, war time, gear ect but it is a safe way to make gold. If you get PK you lose nothing (except some time) but you lose no packs/mats/labor ect. Not only do you get gold from purses but you get the honor token drops 50/100/200 in range , auroria gear that can be broken down into sun/moonlight crystals for gear or to sell. You can also get Metallic crates that in the next patch have a good chance and dropping Sup. lunarite.In most cases with selling braziers/trees at general merchant 1 hr of purse farming in war should get a low GS 400-500g. That is solid when you consider the extra you get from it while taking little risk. What Thinking means by "committed" is how most of us got our epic Buff and i will explain. Example: Player A has a full obi T5 divine buff. So player A crafts a obi chest and regrades it to celest. Player A then buys a yellow/red charm and makes a resplendant regrade scroll. Player A hits his celest obi chest piece with a good chance to go divine and a small chance to proc and go epic. Two things happen next , #1 Chest piece go divine so player A posts on AH to recovery cost and start the process again. #2 Chest goes epic!!!! Now player A can hit his Divine T5 obi chest (Make sure you have all the mats required to T5/T6 your new T1 epic Obi chest before hitting current piece) Now some people yolo at this point but I still use a resplendant scroll and a sup yellow because you have a small chance at a leggy. If your T5 chest goes epic great sell the T1 epic for profit and if it blows up no worries because now you tier up your new epic chest to T5/T6. This is how most of us progressed our gear tbh and i had my shoes/gloves go epic and sold for profit due to my T5 going epic aswell. I started this process without a starter pack but it works and boss mats are cheap atm due to all the free T5 divine packs those Boss mats lost a lot of value. Vyrava is still 3-4k but you can farm that in a few hours if you have good dps to get scraps. Ink sacks you can find from 800-1k gold for the past few months ez. progressing your gear in this way will save you gold. I earn gold by running 4 merch of Kark larders every few days which nets me 5.7k coal and when i am labor dry i purse farm. When i am waiting for larders to be ready i use labor to open purses/crates ect.. It is a good filler for anyones gold making strat if you manage your time/labor right. Thinking is correct, if you make a gear goal work toward it. It is easy to get well geared fast on this server paying no real money if you are committed.

Last edited:

80-85s?? I get 1g10s on average from purses, excluding the items. Last time I calculated the overall profit, it was 30s per labor which is high compared to retail server standards.

Remember, labor got reduced for purses and gold got increased c:

80-85s?? I get 1g10s on average from purses, excluding the items. Last time I calculated the overall profit, it was 30s per labor which is high compared to retail server standards.

Remember, labor got reduced for purses and gold got increased c:
I checked it out and you are right about getting more out of coin purses. The average I gave was when I was farming the acid and armor pieces a few months back. In order to get 10k gold you still have to farm around 9k + mobs and that is for one piece of gear and that is also if that piece of gear is still avaiable for the price they were selling it for. Also not all mobs will drop a purse either. Any way you look at it, making gold just from playing the game is going to take effort.

Last edited:
You can also get Metallic crates that in the next patch have a good chance and dropping Sup. lunarite.In most cases with selling braziers/trees at general merchant 1 hr of purse farming in war should get a low GS 400-500g. That is solid when you consider the extra you get from it while taking little risk.

Yes, I agree and totally understand where you are coming from. Coin purse farming is a way to make gold but it is not quick way to make gold. The question is how many hours do you want to spend grinding mobs? Getting 500 gold is great but 500 gold is not going to be enough to get an epic as I am sure you know. I am not saying coin pursde farming is a bad thing or people should not do it. All I am saying is it is not going to be quick. The people I have seen grinding mobs for hours on end, every day in one place were more often than not, bots. Today there are no where near the amount of bots that used to plauge this server but that does not mean they are not still around. On top of that add in how many time someone will get pk'ed while farming. Even though you lose nothing loot wise but are still slowed down depending on how aggressive the pk'er are.

What Thinking means by "committed" is how most of us got our epic Buff and i will explain. Example: Player A has a full obi T5 divine buff. So player A crafts a obi chest and regrades it to celest. Player A then buys a yellow/red charm and makes a resplendant regrade scroll. Player A hits his celest obi chest piece with a good chance to go divine and a small chance to proc and go epic. Two things happen next , #1 Chest piece go divine so player A posts on AH to recovery cost and start the process again. #2 Chest goes epic!!!! Now player A can hit his Divine T5 obi chest (Make sure you have all the mats required to T5/T6 your new T1 epic Obi chest before hitting current piece) Now some people yolo at this point but I still use a resplendant scroll and a sup yellow because you have a small chance at a leggy. If your T5 chest goes epic great sell the T1 epic for profit and if it blows up no worries because now you tier up your new epic chest to T5/T6. This is how most of us progressed our gear tbh and i had my shoes/gloves go epic and sold for profit due to my T5 going epic aswell. I started this process without a starter pack but it works and boss mats are cheap atm due to all the free T5 divine packs those Boss mats lost a lot of value.

You are talking about crafting which according to Thinking that was a noob thing to do. For me the question was is it less effort to make the gear or less effort to buy it just by making gold in game. I am not talking about buying credits and then selling them on the AH but actually making gold just by playing the game.

if you are regrading your own obsidian as a noob player, that is your first mistake. you can purchase low tier epic pieces for less than 10k each which is absurdly cheap when considering how easy it is to make gold with just a little bit of effort and 12-15k labor a day.

The age old problem with selling anything is there has to be a buyer in order for you to make money. Not saying that someone can't make gold from crafting gear. You have to add in your time to get the mats in order to make the gear and hope it regrades to the level you want and if it breaks, then start over. Going from celestial to divine still has a chance of breaking.

Vyrava is still 3-4k but you can farm that in a few hours if you have good dps to get scraps. Ink sacks you can find from 800-1k gold for the past few months ez. progressing your gear in this way will save you gold. I earn gold by running 4 merch of Kark larders every few days which nets me 5.7k coal and when i am labor dry i purse farm. When i am waiting for larders to be ready i use labor to open purses/crates ect.. It is a good filler for anyones gold making strat if you manage your time/labor right. Thinking is correct, if you make a gear goal work toward it. It is easy to get well geared fast on this server paying no real money if you are committed.

If your guild lets you keep all of the mats from a boss then I am happy for you. If your guild is able to fight off those who are trying to contest you, then great. In my experience I was only allowed to roll on certain things or all the items were given to one person. I was never allowed to roll on the high end mats. You also talk about running larders which nets you 5.7k of coal. If you don't have spys in your guild and powerful enough guild members who are also willing to help you, that is great! In other posts you talk about how you pirate from other people. This is where I am seeing the conflict in what you said. Just because you are successful in delivering those packs does not mean everyone is going to be successful delivering those same packs. What alliances or treaties does your guild have with the opposite side? You don't have to answer that but I am just saying things like that count towards being successful in doing those type of runs. Do you have spies in your guild? Because that too make a difference.

I had a guild leader told every one we could make money by fishing and bragged how he never was robbed. He hyped up how It is great money and so on. He also expected us to pay a one time fee of 300 gold to help some of the officers gear up and then later upped it to 100 gold a week + wanting the 300 fee to be in the guild. The reality was when we went out fishing every time we got robbed. It did not matter where we went. We were found by the exact same green pirate guild and were robbed each time. At our fishing level, mine was 50k including the dawsdrop, the amazing gold amount of gold I and others made, was just 10 gold per fish. The people who were making money were the ones who were already maxed out on fishing.

That whole adventure fell apart rather quickly and so did that guild. The reason why I brought that story up was to show when it comes down to making gold people are looking through the game with rose colored glasses of a themepark while completely ignoring the sandbox and RNG element.

Sorry for the long post.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nyk
I checked it out and you are right about getting more out of coin purses. The average I gave was when I was farming the acid and armor pieces a few months back. In order to get 10k gold you still have to farm around 9k + mobs and that is for one piece of gear and that is also if that piece of gear is still avaiable for the price they were selling it for. Also not all mobs will drop a purse either. Any way you look at it, making gold just from playing the game is going to take effort.

if you want a purse or crate from every mob, pop like 3 loot buffs during war time.

if you want a purse or crate from every mob, pop like 3 loot buffs during war time.
Sure that works great during war. Working up to stages before the war starts, even with the loot buffs and pet, coin purses are not going to drop all of the time.

Sure that works great during war. Working up to stages before the war starts, even with the loot buffs and pet, coin purses are not going to drop all of the time.

Yes, that’s what I said, only during war time. In other words, maybe plan your farming wisely.

What should I do as a returning player with no gears? Should I wait for 4.5 and then start gearing up or can I work towards ayanad for now?

What should I do as a returning player with no gears? Should I wait for 4.5 and then start gearing up or can I work towards ayanad for now?

If you don't have any gear because you let the timer run out on the temp gear, there are a few options open to you.

1) you might want to do some quests that will at least get you some gear until you are able to farm Auroria for gear. Some of the beginner quests will still give you gear as a reward.

2) use what ever buffs you have left, get a pet (make sure it is leveled to at least 40 and has pet armor on, very important) and try to farm lvl 30 mobs until some gear drops. You can go up from there until you get to Auroria

3) Another solution is to either ask in faction for help running a dungeon letting them know the timer ran out on your gear and need help or join a guild and do the same.

4) I would suggest saving your gold and wait until 4.5 drops

Last edited:
In my Opinion, I think Hiram shouldn't had been OP'ed in the first place. They should've just switch the Aurorean gear that drops from mobs into Hiram gear. It's not stronger than obsidian but regrading it makes the aurorean gear a lot better. I've seen gear of many players on the game n they have mythic, legendary aurorean gear fully socketed wit gems. People needs this since most players can't afford expensive crafted gear n have bad RNG when trying to regrade. So making Hiram gear like this will benefit for all. Crafted gear can continue to be stronger than Hiram n Hiram gear can be good for those that cant afford crafted gear or make Crafted gear. Bring in the Hiram gear but don't make it stronger than Obsidian. Aurorean gear all divine is good enough to go through serpentis n grind mobs for crafted gear. Trino erased Aurorean gear for Hiram so why not? just saying.

In my Opinion, I think Hiram shouldn't had been OP'ed in the first place. They should've just switch the Aurorean gear that drops from mobs into Hiram gear. It's not stronger than obsidian but regrading it makes the aurorean gear a lot better. I've seen gear of many players on the game n they have mythic, legendary aurorean gear fully socketed wit gems. People needs this since most players can't afford expensive crafted gear n have bad RNG when trying to regrade. So making Hiram gear like this will benefit for all. Crafted gear can continue to be stronger than Hiram n Hiram gear can be good for those that cant afford crafted gear or make Crafted gear. Bring in the Hiram gear but don't make it stronger than Obsidian. Aurorean gear all divine is good enough to go through serpentis n grind mobs for crafted gear. Trino erased Aurorean gear for Hiram so why not? just saying.
I think you're under the delusion that Hiram armor is 'free'/'easy' to get a perfect set and tier up to be the best in the game. It's not the best in the game for a couple patches. But it does end up better than Obsidian, which was made two years before it, and Ayanad, which was also 2 years before it. Erenor is crafted, and remains high tier. Obsidian and crafted gear doesn't magically turn useless in 4.5, or even 5.0, and it's not a dead-end either, people will have the opportunity to turn it into generous amounts of infusions for their Hiram or Erenor of their choice.

Yes, I agree and totally understand where you are coming from. Coin purse farming is a way to make gold but it is not quick way to make gold. The question is how many hours do you want to spend grinding mobs? Getting 500 gold is great but 500 gold is not going to be enough to get an epic as I am sure you know. I am not saying coin pursde farming is a bad thing or people should not do it. All I am saying is it is not going to be quick. The people I have seen grinding mobs for hours on end, every day in one place were more often than not, bots. Today there are no where near the amount of bots that used to plauge this server but that does not mean they are not still around. On top of that add in how many time someone will get pk'ed while farming. Even though you lose nothing loot wise but are still slowed down depending on how aggressive the pk'er are.

You are talking about crafting which according to Thinking that was a noob thing to do. For me the question was is it less effort to make the gear or less effort to buy it just by making gold in game. I am not talking about buying credits and then selling them on the AH but actually making gold just by playing the game.

The age old problem with selling anything is there has to be a buyer in order for you to make money. Not saying that someone can't make gold from crafting gear. You have to add in your time to get the mats in order to make the gear and hope it regrades to the level you want and if it breaks, then start over. Going from celestial to divine still has a chance of breaking.

If your guild lets you keep all of the mats from a boss then I am happy for you. If your guild is able to fight off those who are trying to contest you, then great. In my experience I was only allowed to roll on certain things or all the items were given to one person. I was never allowed to roll on the high end mats. You also talk about running larders which nets you 5.7k of coal. If you don't have spys in your guild and powerful enough guild members who are also willing to help you, that is great! In other posts you talk about how you pirate from other people. This is where I am seeing the conflict in what you said. Just because you are successful in delivering those packs does not mean everyone is going to be successful delivering those same packs. What alliances or treaties does your guild have with the opposite side? You don't have to answer that but I am just saying things like that count towards being successful in doing those type of runs. Do you have spies in your guild? Because that too make a difference.

I had a guild leader told every one we could make money by fishing and bragged how he never was robbed. He hyped up how It is great money and so on. He also expected us to pay a one time fee of 300 gold to help some of the officers gear up and then later upped it to 100 gold a week + wanting the 300 fee to be in the guild. The reality was when we went out fishing every time we got robbed. It did not matter where we went. We were found by the exact same green pirate guild and were robbed each time. At our fishing level, mine was 50k including the dawsdrop, the amazing gold amount of gold I and others made, was just 10 gold per fish. The people who were making money were the ones who were already maxed out on fishing.

That whole adventure fell apart rather quickly and so did that guild. The reason why I brought that story up was to show when it comes down to making gold people are looking through the game with rose colored glasses of a themepark while completely ignoring the sandbox and RNG element.

Sorry for the long post.
Well HCIC allies with no one. The only "Spy" i use is my T6 radar and common merch run routes.Never Reds/East because they run more merch over sea than west. If someone says they do than ask for a screenshot because they are lie'n to you 100%. In HCIC it is not about the gold it is about the heist. That is why most PN1 packs we take we will run Out of bounds to feed the beast unless they are larders. Even Trickster (which was thought an ally bc we would PvP against reds at Lusca/Castle def. We would robb Trickster as well just ask Flipsy. The "Pro faction" part of HCIC is the PvP events against Reds or helping a fellow West Guild Castle Def. The other side of HCIC is Packs for Sport/profit. you are correct I have a better chance than others to move those packs safely even solo. Most that see my merch assume I am hunting because I am most of the time if out at sea. Everything to make gold will take some risk/time to benefit, same with the crafting I suggested. Thinking said a "Noob" player shouldn't craft not that "noobs"craft. I think he means that a new player does not have the gold to back him if he blows up the item. The way I suggested is not 100% safe but does limit risk. If I can remember right it is a 70%+ chance with charm/resplendent(proc chance) to go from celest to divine since 4.0. There will be risk if you want gear and it will take work and time. When I was 2.8-3k GS Cleric I had to use more time to make gold. If I made my own mats then my loss would be recovered with crafters fee, so I would produce/run packs knowing a % might be lost but a fair amount should go through. I made a plan to stream line my gold strat. I would run 10 frieghters (Gwen to Solz)(2hrs) and 2 merch (halcy ferts to Vill) (1hr) which would make me close to 2k gold a day. I did this solo when I was in Privateer's when they were a dead guild. I do understand what your saying it is I didn't let things like that stop me from my goals. yea I am almost 10k Hierophant now that runs with geared people to PvP and Pirate. My hard work, making a plan, and gear goals have allowed me this freedom to do what I want now. I made/farmed all my gear mats because I am frugal. I do the same with my larders, I never buy mats when I can make them cheap. My Vyrava I farmed with Rollz (my Family member) we asked 3 more people in guild to help. Our rule is who ever farms the scraps gets the mat and is party lead /loot master. Now not everyone can find good family maybe but a lot can be done solo and with only a few people if determined enough. Right now a west guild "Old School" is made of Spanish players around 6 players. Finde 6k DR , Burockkan 6k SS , and 4 others that range from 3-4k GS. They do very well and help each other gear up. They make gold anyway they can and are proof even lower GS can be really effective if they use their time well. Like the players from Old school I got to where I am because I stayed on that grind because I knew if I didn't I would never catch people that P2W. I have felt like you have in the past on live like gearing is this impossible mountain to climb. I knew that I could find lots of reasons why I couldn't or wouldn't get my gear where I wanted it but if I focused on that then I would never have gotten geared. Archeage is a time Vampire if you want gear. Only way to feed this Vampire is your hard earned time or someone else time by buying items with gold (P2W) this tax must always be paid

Last edited:
Sugarrush if you want help gearing or making gold hit me up in game. I am on cruise control atm and when not doing Fam stuff in game I can totally help an OG with their gear. From your account created date on your Avatar you started when the server first launched. You need a partner to help you out I got you. I know i am HCIC but if you ask most that know me on this server I honestly help players when I offer with no strings attached or tricks. So if you need help I will aid you just to help you out free of charge, just message me in game IGN:Threeve *Now I am currently on 300 min out of 1500 min chat ban for talking stuff, got carried away =/ Just mail me if DM does not work

Back