What's new

5.0 trade changes what will happen?

I understand @Sparkle I was just re-stating my point to others new to my post. Some people will read a thread and respond to the last comment posted without reading the previous posts. It is the smart play to see how the trade system does on it's own before making changes.

If my memory serves me right gilda packs become super profitable in 5.0 for time spent and mats. A lot of old popular runs gweo to Solz, lily to Solz, TC to Solz range from 34g - 42g per gilda pack. Those are also very fast runs that range from 5min to 10min and will become very popular. That is if the custom change to gilda packs stay as is with increased mat cost over gilda being used.

I am hopeful that the new system brings back trade runners so that charcoal does not double in price for new/returning players. Although it will be good for those of us that have epic shat tons stock piled it wont be good for the server as a whole
Gilda packs require gilda stars as of 4.5

The demand for charcoal has raised with it's addition to many crafts without reducing the amounts needed or amount gained, it's still rather tedious to run rokhala packs for ~80 charcoal each, if that's split into running multiple inland gold packs to sail one cargo for 15/30 coal it will become massive time/labor sink to try to run packs for coal and coal prices will go up high, as unless gold values for inland packs are significantly increased, the only reason to run them will be to create cargo for yourself to sail

the reason noone is running normal packs for gold is that it's big gold and labor sink rn, you are spending a lot of time to "lose gold" when compared to other readily available incomes like purses (even low gear can farm purses in peace and get better gold for their time then packs, not even talking about the exponential difference in gold/labor) or crafting (hell even illegal farm of baobabs might be comparable labor for less time) and the gold you invest is locked for 22h without reasonable interest (5% on normal is bad, 2% on cargo where u invest half the income is a joke)

3.0 trade system is crucial part of any "why is this server better then live" discussion especially since you guys refuse to adress the massive balance issues (I know you always say it's not worth since there's new patch, but guess what, there is always a new patch, even after new patch it's not hard to adjust for it and the new patch won't be coming for half a year)

if you are going to roll with the patch without making massive changes to these issues people won't have a good reason to play here, free patron and higher exp gain is not going to carry this server, people left their gear and land on live because they weren't happy with the state of the game, they will do the same here, many people are straight up refusing to play in this patch right now, paying taxes and waiting for better class balance and economy, what happens when it get even worse

you have a community here that is willing to put time and effort into helping you improve the game, all you need to do is to show that you are willing to do it and ask for ideas and data, you should use it before the remaining players lose interest in the server, as coming back from minimal population won't be possible
This^^
Right now it is way to expensive to make packs. It costs more labor, more mats and a guilda star for the same gold.

What you need to think about is the capability of the people hunting. Example in HCIC we have anywhere from 18-20 merches with mythic+sails, breather, T5 radar, and shroud lights. We can cover a large area of the sea now with a min of 3-4 people. Now with new trade system that narrows the window imagine how hard it will be for others. You have one guy on a elephant in an advantages point that tells us in comms who is leaving in a car/hauler ect with cargo. So #1 you know the player is running a different route and has a limited time to do so. Even if someone slipped by imagine what is in store for them when the get to Haranya which will be 100% camped. Vill and Yny both have safe zones yet people can still get packs stolen when arriving on a merch.

I do know what you are referring to though. I used to buy cargo and place it in a car during non peak times and drive it to a staging point then sail it over. That may work for some but for the majority it will be a nightmare. Now picture PN2 that is bored af thrown into the mix with DPS, China east and west, and HCIC. The sea will be a very dangerous place indeed.
Just like on live there are going to be too many people camping the trade outlets which they kinda of are doing now.

I was wondering since I keep hearing about the reduced amount of charcoal from trade will result in it's price going up and with the change to gilda packs making them super profitable and getting gilda isn't that hard(without trying I can get 20 a day) I fear it'll result in a decent amount of inflation and people rarely doing other packs.

Wouldn't a simple solution to that be that gilda packs give out charcoal instead of gold? it doesn't need to be a lot, just enough that they're in line with the amount of gold of the other packs(maybe something like 5), not sure if that'll kill sea trade but IMO if those numbers(15-30) are correct that'll have a bigger impact on it.

I was wondering since I keep hearing about the reduced amount of charcoal from trade will result in it's price going up and with the change to gilda packs making them super profitable and getting gilda isn't that hard(without trying I can get 20 a day) I fear it'll result in a decent amount of inflation and people rarely doing other packs.

Wouldn't a simple solution to that be that gilda packs give out charcoal instead of gold? it doesn't need to be a lot, just enough that they're in line with the amount of gold of the other packs(maybe something like 5), not sure if that'll kill sea trade but IMO if those numbers(15-30) are correct that'll have a bigger impact on it.
Packs cannot be specially changed like that.
It is everything or nothing

Back