What's new

A few questions concerning 4k resolution

So I upgraded my monitor to a 4k TV, but I am pretty much forced to play at 1080 in game settings because the US is sooo tiny....not to mention what performance impact there may be in raids and such.

I have two issues with this that I was wondering if there were some form of fix or work around for, or if there could be.

1. Even at 1080, my cursor/pointer icons are tiny, the same size as if the resolution were 4k. This makes it difficult to find the cursor in a raid, to make sure a distance aoe is in the right spot for example.

2. Alt-Tabbing. "Fullscreen windowed mode" forces 4k resolution. "Windowed mode" displays as a tiny 1/4 sized 1080 window. So I have to use "fullscreen" 1080 which makes alt-tab a royal pain and the game has to go to the loading screen again every time I change back to the window.

That are game engine limits. Not something that can be changed by us.

That are game engine limits. Not something that can be changed by us.

Thank you. I had sort of figured but I was curious if there were any work-arounds like a lot of games have, text based settings in an .ini file or whatnot. I'll take your reply as a no on that as well.

I think what I might end up doing is using an older spec'd port on my videocard that's only capable of 1080 60hz and running that to a second input on the display specifically for when playing this game. Clunky, but it will allow for rapid alt-tab or using my actual 2nd monitor for guides/maps/youtube.

Back