What's new

A question to Songcraft Players

PocketOfCrumbs

Hey,

So I made a Cleric for my first character as I like healing support roles in these games. But it wasn't until picking up and learning to maintain the Perform skills that I noticed how obnoxiously repetitive they are.

It got so bad so quickly that I resorted to rotating my Perform skills very frequently so as not to bore my friend who was helping me with the daily quest. Not sure if this is strictly related to the Flute instrument, but the melodies start grating on the ears almost immediately.

Have any of you come to any sort of setting compromise to alleviate this effect?

The problem I see is that I need to hear the skill sound queues regardless. It's a shame you can't put song scrolls into those abilities for some variety. :S

I would recommend swapping to a lute if you're planning to songcraft a lot. I song-weave mainly and I still prefer a lute over those earworm flute tunes 🥲

+ with lute you get the added bonus that it sounds nice when playing most sheet music as well :3

I think I started out with the Lute, but it was a bit grating for me as well. Granted I only had the basic ability at the time, not the collection I have now.

I guess it wouldn't hurt to make a Lute as a secondary. That would be some variety in and of itself.

Appreciate the input.

Back