What's new

Aged Aquaculture Packs

Maiden

Hi!

Aquafarms are currently only used to grow corals, pearls, and some octopus fish.
It would be nice if there was a way to have Aquaculture Aged Packs, similar to the aged packs that are on land farms. This would be a nice boost to players who can only use Aquafarms due to land shortage, and also provide a use for some of the Aquafarm items that don't currently have a use.

Right now, there is an item for aquafarms "Bamboo Trap" that is the same size as an aging larder. This could be the default graphic for the aged pack. http://archeagedatabase.net/us/item/4867/
The Bamboo Trap produces 3 tiers of Fish: Crayfish, Starfish, and Red Octopus. Tese could be the basis for an Aged Pack.

As with other Aged Packs, they can only be produced in Areas with a Tradepack bench: Sand deep, Two Crowns, Solzreed - Ynsytere, Villanelle, Solis Headlands

Suggested packs: (Uses Fishing proficiency, as Husbandry is used on Land Packs)

Aged Gumbo Stew
- 100 Crayfish
- 50 Tomato

Aged Octopus Sushi
- 10 Red Octopus
- 50 Rice

Aged Sparkling Starfish
- 50 Starfish
- 100 Sparkling Shell Dust

Trade-in Value could be about the same price as a Fertilizer pack or the regular Aged pack price, whatever is more balanced.

The idea is to create more demand for Aquafarming, as its main use now is to provide Corals & Pearls for potions and handicrafts. Since there is more Aquafarm land available than other types of land, and aquafarm real estate tends to be lower than mainland, it could serve as an ease-of-entry to new players trying to enter the game and make money; as well as provide something uniquely new to ArcheAge that veteran players can also enjoy.

That's a really cool idea, but as a Cajun I must announce my protest of having tomato in a gumbo, that shits just not right.

That's so funny because after I posted this and went to bed, I thought to myself "Not everyone puts Tomatoes in Gumbo..."
There's no Okra plant in-game but maybe Green coral would be a good substitute? It kinda looks like Okra ;)

I think it should involve a bit more than two items to craft the packs. But less of each. Gonna take a quick second to edit your 3 listings and let me know what you think. Each one I aimed to cost about 2g in mats if you plant them to create. This does not take into considering the items needed to be caught with a Bamboo Trap. I personally have never used a Bamboo Trap so I don't know the outcome of how many certain type of fish can be caught in them.

Aged Gumbo Stew
- 50 Crayfish
- 20 Green Coral
- 10 Pearls

Aged Octopus Sushi
- 5 Red Octopus
- 200 Rice
- 200 Cucumber

Aged Smelly Sardines
- 10 Sardines
- 100 Onions
- 15 Yellow Coral

I think it should involve a bit more than two items to craft the packs. But less of each. Gonna take a quick second to edit your 3 listings and let me know what you think. Each one I aimed to cost about 2g in mats if you plant them to create. This does not take into considering the items needed to be caught with a Bamboo Trap. I personally have never used a Bamboo Trap so I don't know the outcome of how many certain type of fish can be caught in them.

Aged Gumbo Stew
- 50 Crayfish
- 20 Green Coral
- 10 Pearls

Aged Octopus Sushi
- 5 Red Octopus
- 200 Rice
- 200 Cucumber

Aged Smelly Sardines
- 10 Sardines
- 100 Onions
- 15 Yellow Coral

I think the Rice/Cucumber cost is too high for the Sushi.
Gumbo Stew looks Perfect!
Smelly Sardines is funny but we don't have a Sardine item that I know of in-game.

The Bamboo trap is like an animal pen for water-farms, you craft it and place it and can harvest every 3 hours (handicraft to make the trap, fishing proficiency to harvest). It has a random chance to give octopus, crayfish, or starfish.

Ahh, I was just looking ahead at some of the 3.0 patch notes which added Sardines to DS climate.
The types of fish that can be caught in fresh or salt water has been updated per climate:
Temperate
Saltwater: Shrimp, Anchovy, Pike, Snapper, Sea Bass
Freshwater: Ricefish, Minnow, Catfish, Mullet

Tropical
Saltwater: Sandfish, Roosterfish, Moonfish, Barracuda, Red Snapper
Freshwater: Minnow, Carp, Piranha, Mullet

Arid
Saltwater: Shrimp, Squid, Pufferfish, Stingray, Solzrean Mackerel
Freshwater: Loach, Carp, Eel, Rainbow Trout

Arctic
Saltwater: Squid, Flatfish, Herring, Salmon, Skipjack Tuna
Freshwater: Char, Smelt, Trout, Salmon, Skipjack Tuna

Temperate/Arid
Saltwater: Shrimp, Squid, Pike, Stingray, Pollack
Freshwater: Ricefish, Loach, Dragonet, Rainbow Trout

Temperate/Arctic
Saltwater: Anchovy, Squid, Mackerel, Solzrean Mackerel, Cod
Freshwater: Carp, Smelt, Snakehead, Salmon

Temperate/Tropical
Saltwater: Snipefish, Pigfish, Mackerel, Stingray, Mullet

Arctic/Tropical/Arid
Saltwater: Sardine, Snipefish, Tilefish, Octopus, Mullet

Ahh, I was just looking ahead at some of the 3.0 patch notes which added Sardines to DS climate.

Interesting!
I like the idea of using Bait Fish for a Trade pack, it promotes more activities in the game. Since Sardine only spawn in Diamond shores it would make acquisition easier and could even promote PVP or Bait fishing parties, which could also increase bait worm price. Lots of good ripple effects!

it will be way better if aqua larders use aqua farm products only it will make the ownership of aqua farm and aquafarming more relevant to the game

no thanks, we already dont have enough yellow and orange coral in the market
well..... there are allot of open spaces in aqua farming areas u can go and set up your aqua farm but as a person who own 3 aquafarms i can tell you . you cannot make a living out of aqua farming because of market inconsistency

every time I list yellow or orange coral most of it comes back to me as a failed auction, not sure how we don't have enough of it already when half of it isn't getting sold when it is put up.

I concur that growing corals to sell isn't nearly as profitable as people think. They have a high grow time, even with this server's growth boost, and a low harvest yield. You can only plant them as singles, and the saplings are expensive to buy. You'd make more money growing your own coral to self-craft potions and then either sell the potions or use them in crafting. But selling coral straight on AH isn't sustainable.

Hopefully they do something to boost Aquaculture. There was another thread about giving the option to upgrade Marine Houses into Aqua TradePack houses which would be great!

I concur that growing corals to sell isn't nearly as profitable as people think. They have a high grow time, even with this server's growth boost, and a low harvest yield. You can only plant them as singles, and the saplings are expensive to buy. You'd make more money growing your own coral to self-craft potions and then either sell the potions or use them in crafting. But selling coral straight on AH isn't sustainable.

Hopefully they do something to boost Aquaculture. There was another thread about giving the option to upgrade Marine Houses into Aqua TradePack houses which would be great!
I posted the thread for making Trade House upgrade on marine houses and Sparkle said they will see what can be done about it so we wait and hopefully .......................... :D

every time I list yellow or orange coral most of it comes back to me as a failed auction, not sure how we don't have enough of it already when half of it isn't getting sold when it is put up.
i have 3 aquafarms and im in the exact same situation i plant different corals on each farm and i dont get to sell none of them on the AH same with pearls . its because when a product is mainly used for specific purpose usually gear crafting when most of the people get more or less geared up they stop buy the product and since there in no alternative material sink (another option for this material to be turned in to gold ) prices go down until people stop buying it at all and this causes many problems such as gear crafting mats and crafted gear to drop in price and the people who do gear crafting end up in a situation where the time ,gold and LP invested in X piece of gear its less profitable than go invest your lp in to something else . But if the option for Marine trade packs are added as i proposed in other thread the aqua farming mats will be always in demand which means products who are made with aquafarming mats and are used for "endgame content specific" crafts will remain expensive and will keep high grade gear, weaps etc. expensive , and crafting professions to always be profitable

Back