What's new

Allowing more variety in vehicle names

Should boats and vehicle names be allowed to have spaces, multiple capital letters, and numbers?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

plamp

As of right now boats and vehicles have really restricting rules on their names, we're restricted to one capital letter (the first letter of the name) and no numbers or spaces or special characters. I personally think that we should be allowed to name our boats and vehicles with names that have multiple capital letters or no capital letters at all, spaces, and even numbers.

What do other players think, is this something you'd want to be implemented? Staff, is this something that could be implemented? It seems like implementing it would be as simple as changing some regex.

@Ryuzaki @Sparkle @IronLady

I'd like to see this implemented in houses, too. It's infinitely frustrating when most buildings have a two-word name, yet trying to change it to anything else with a space isn't allowed.

Hi!

Not sure if that can be done as the name restrictions were built into the game client, but let us investigate if such change is possible.
Will get back to you with reply shortly to confirm if such options can be added to boats, vehicles and houses names.

Getting back to you with the update in regards to this thread's question. Unfortunately, it's built into the client in such a way that neither of these names changes can be made.

Getting back to you with the update in regards to this thread's question. Unfortunately, it's built into the client in such a way that neither of these names changes can be made.
Really appreciate you looking into it and getting back to us. Thank you!

I beg to differ, I know a certain someone who was able to edit this from the client side, so it is definitely able to be done from the server side. He just didn't want to give it out because he was afraid that it might cause issues if only some people were able to have capitals and spaces in their pet/ship names.

And thanks for yours, which was more than useless. Atleast mine was an opinion concerning the topic and not juste a waste of time! :D
If you'd read two posts above yours, you would've seen that the admins had already put time looking into it. If they'd actually been able to alter it, or if it'd been before the admins looked into it, you would've been relevant, but hey, we're all arguing about pixels on a screen in the end so it's all useless anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back