What's new

An FAQ for New Player's to ArcheRage

Maiden

Is this server populated?
Very much so and it's a lot of fun! The player base is from all over so there are usually people on at any time of day, but it's busiest in the evening NA time.

Why can't I use my labor?

You can't craft/gather/farm until level 52. You can open coin purses, bait fish, and process crops like barley into ground grain or mushrooms into medicinal powder. NOTE: You cannot turn in any tradepacks until post 52.

How am I supposed to level up?
Experience gain is increased, you can level up quite easily just by questing. At a minimum you should do your Green story quests for Gilda stars. If you do a couple of quests in each zone you'll get a decent level boost, use your experience scrolls/pots that you get for free in the Homecoming Box. After that, you can AFK level by purchasing bait worms off the auction house OR just keep questing and open coin purses. If you can't afford bait worms, open coin purses until you can.

The easiest way is to buy raw produce off the auction house like barley, potatoes, mushrooms etc. and process them using blue salt knives into ground grain, chopped produce, medicinal powder, etc. Check the prices to see which crops will turn a profit -> buy the raw mat -> process -> relist = profit.

Is there any land?

All land has been claimed, but you have options here:
- You can buy land from another player
- You can try and snag a demo
- You can build an aquafarm
- You can remain landless

Isn't land too expensive to buy for a new player?
NO! You can get 16x16 plots, big enough for a large scarecrow farm or cottage, very cheap: between 300g-800g each depending on zone. If you're a new player that's really all you need to get yourself set up to make money, and as your income increases you can buy more land or a larger plot. You can buy an Aquafarm design on Mirage Island and then plant that in one of the aquafarming zones (Cinderstone, Two Crowns, Villanelle, Ynystere)

How do I make money without land?
You can still do trade runs by buying the mats off the auction house and then crafting your packs that way, but do some math to make sure the mats you're buying cheap enough to make a profit on the trade pack. The best way is to farm coin purses and sell all the mats on the auction house. If you don't have any gear buy Auroria Gear / Lost Garden gear off the Auction House and wear that until you can afford to buy or craft better. You're given many free buff items as you level up, use those and go grinding!

I heard this server was p2w?
That's debatable, but not really. The cash shop here is much less p2w than the retail version. The price of credits here is lower than credits on retail, and you can sell credits on the Auction House for gold. Selling credits for gold is pay to win, but they're so cheap that the diminishing returns on selling credits is reached much faster than it is by, say, selling APEX on retail. For example: If you spent $1,000 on the retail version cash shop/apex you would get a significant advantage over players who don't spend any real life funds. If you spent $1,000 here on private server's cash shop, you'd still gain an advantage, but not nearly as great of one.

There is ONE cavaeat here, and that is the cashshop went down in November and during that time players couldn't purchase new credits with real life funds. Any players who had stored credits on their account were able to make a killing selling them on the AH. That was a fluke and was due to an issue with the payment processor, but if it happens again then we can put our tin foil hats on.

We need a bit.ly link to this thread so we can spam it in chat. I swear I see every one of these questions daily in faction chat. Thank you, you're doing God's work here.

Mods please sticky this thread, it seems like people make threads asking these every single day...

Back