What's new

Any chance of a classic server?

Hindsight

seems to be a demand for a classic aa server wondering if this has ever come across any of the archerage dev's minds for doing? something like how the old-school runescape team did it would be pretty sick >.>

i mean what we have now isn't legacy style anymore tho >.>

Why not? It still has the core features of legacy, with a few boosted proficiencies, which was sorely needed because nerfing profs was one reason why people left legacy. And there's addtional custom story quests/events, which is logical because it's a private server.

Classic server would be great (1.7-3.0), many people are unhappy how the later patches took the game in completely opposite direction and there is good chance it would not only bring back many past players but attract official players fed up with gamingo and looking to re-experience the golden era of archeage in less money hungry enviroment

also typically legacy is used to refer to old and discontinued/sufficiently different versions of game, so in a way Hindsight is correct, we moved away from Legacy to catch up with current state

Classic server would be great (1.7-3.0), many people are unhappy how the later patches took the game in completely opposite direction and there is good chance it would not only bring back many past players but attract official players fed up with gamingo and looking to re-experience the golden era of archeage in less money hungry enviroment

also typically legacy is used to refer to old and discontinued/sufficiently different versions of game, so in a way Hindsight is correct, we moved away from Legacy to catch up with current state

i mean what we have now isn't legacy style anymore tho >.>

"legacy" in terms of AA simply refers to the original servers monetization style like Sjinderson said (i.e. archeage before AAU was released), it simply means a non buy-to-play (b2p) version of the game, without any ties to particular patches

what you guys are referring to would be a classic server (like world of warcraft classic or old school runescape)

"legacy" in terms of AA simply refers to the original servers monetization style like Sjinderson said (i.e. archeage before AAU was released), it simply means a non buy-to-play (b2p) version of the game, without any ties to particular patches

what you guys are referring to would be a classic server (like world of warcraft classic or old school runescape)
well then this server would be hardly a "legacy" as legacy relied on premium
also legacy in terms of AA does NOT refer to original monetization, legacy refers to the version (patch) of the game, you would have to use "legacy monetization"

well then this server would be hardly a "legacy" as legacy relied on premium
also legacy in terms of AA does NOT refer to original monetization, legacy refers to the version (patch) of the game, you would have to use "legacy monetization"

idk about all this, when they talk in official streams about old servers vs aau servers, the old ones are always called legacy, no matter what patch they were on, and they never specified "legacy monetization".. o.o

Back