What's new

Aqua farm/bungalow seed beds

I brought it up the other day in nation chat while sjinderson was around and got a pretty positive review in nation chat from other players liking the idea to get seedbeds for coral on aqua-farms or bungalows, i would vote for having them on bungalows like seedbeds on a thatched but some people thought a place-able one would also be good, im just putting this out there formally to be talked about by the devs or players,

I'd be all for it.

As a part of the bungalow or as a furniture item, doesn't matter to me really. However, if it is a furniture item, I would like there to be a limit to how many you can place, same as there's a limit for storage chests now.

I like the idea. If it could be on bungalows, that would be great. As a furniture item it misses the point as farm is extensively an open seedbed. Like there are no seedbeds for terrestrial farms. I would however suggest having coral bundles.... but I don't think it will receive a positive reception, since corals aren't needed in large quantities and their market will become deflated.

Dont think coral bundles will be a thing. A regular seed bundle is made from 10 seeds, and a bundle approx the same space as those 10 seeds. A coral bundle would be massive if it would be same ratio in all aspects of the design lol

I was one of the folks who agreed in Nation chat about this being added to the game. I listen to my guildies complain about how frustrating it is to plant ocean seed, especially pearls. I would love to have seed beds added to the lower level of the bungalows, or allow them to be place-able there. I agree with Aviendha that there should be a limit per house for these seed beds. And, I also agree that coral bundles should not be a thing, for the same reason Aviendha stated.

My question for you folks is: corals take 11 ish hours to grow, how long should the seedbeds take?

My question for you folks is: corals take 11 ish hours to grow, how long should the seedbeds take?

For the regular seedbeds, the times get rounded down. So for example, cultivated ginseng is 1d10h as a seed, but 24h in the seedbed iirc. And then ofc both are cut in half for the private server bonus, so 17h as seed, 12h in seedbed.

There's also corals that grow for about 6h-ish btw, so idk maybe make those 4h in the seedbeds, and the 11h-ish corals 8h?

My vote would be seedbeds attached to bungalows if possible, place able only if it’s easier for devs, 50 coral per seedbed and same grow time as planting normally because I mean you can’t water something that’s already underwater

My vote would be seedbeds attached to bungalows if possible, place able only if it’s easier for devs, 50 coral per seedbed and same grow time as planting normally because I mean you can’t water something that’s already underwater

The seedbed grow time is unrelated to watering plants tho, afaik? I never noticed a relation.

Ah see I just don’t pay enough attention I guess, I don’t care if there is a reduced time, I just want a seedbed because I hate planting coral

Last edited:
Currently we don't have available models for such an update, so it's not something that can be done by us any time soon.
I did ask you a while back if it would be possible to increase the amount of coral/pearls you get from aquafarming, would that be easier to implement? Aquafarming is just so tedious for such a little payout.

I did ask you a while back if it would be possible to increase the amount of coral/pearls you get from aquafarming, would that be easier to implement? Aquafarming is just so tedious for such a little payout.

little payout? I spend 1 labor per red or green coral and i get 1.6-3.2g worth of coral from it lol

the only thing you'll do is increase the supply, so price will go down, and then you'll have the same payout for the same work in the end.

What if you copied all the pearls/corals and made new items. Make them larger like the size of mining drill or magestic tree. Make these items and increase cost, growth time and yield. It could be like the bundle system, planting bundles is less aids then single plants but yields less. I think this is would be a good alternative.

Back