What's new

ArcheRage 3.5 Discussion

I'd love to have Erennor/Eternal, and be able to pick my proc, however, I'd also like to have mana wisps and reforging.
The new zones are great, but no snow please.
Ancestral skills are the deepest desire of my heart.
I would like to keep Edwin (Gold Trader) on Freedich Island. It generates gold and PvP.
Changes to the trade system, well, it'd have to be changed a lot to be tennable esp without multiple accts allowed. Charcoal rates would need to be upped a great deal Leaving that whole part of the update out would be good, but if we do that, we need to keep Edwin for sure.

First off people who complain about 3.5 have also said hey we didn’t play it though. Take it from someone who actually played the patch, it wasn’t all bad.
1: the trade changes the only reason people complain about that was due to the fact they didn’t know how it worked. I made most of my money off of the trade changes because I understood cross ocean trade was important and how to pvp. Now with that said most of the people who play Archeage don’t come for the pvp they just want to FarmVille it up. This won’t work for them. So to keep them around, even though you honestly should care about people who don’t wanna play the game, you should not bring that into this patch.
2: The second thing that people seem to be crying about on this forum is the erenor gear. Why? Like it is no different than ayanad. It is just one step up. Is it the fact that you don’t wanna go from being a top tier player to a lower tier player? I say bring on the gear but change how you obtain it. Make it so you can’t just uncloak an item into whatever you want it still has to roll upgradable then it makes erenor rare and you still have to dump other gear into it.
3: the last thing people are complaining about is the pvp skill changes. This one really makes me cringe because why wouldn’t people want the skills. You can continue to get dominated by dark runners or you can have the skill change and get dominated by dark runners. No matter what you do here the same top classes are still going to be on top. Why not have new skills that make some classes better than they currently are. Once again take it from me who played archer on live server they helped out a gimped class. So all in all maybe lean on players who actually played the patch instead of those that just wanna cry about something so that they can cry

1. Buff Archery
  2. Buff bows damage
  3. Hiram gear would be nice too
  4. Gear encyclopedia
  5. Better RNG numbers will help all

Last edited:
agreed with elfghost about the skills.. always gonna be people on top cuz thats how they pick their classes and skills.

dont agree with the pack system however. i know how it works, i think its shit. i was dependent on other people or had to waste extra time myself to get charcoal.. wasnt even about the pvp, i mean, there was a lack thereof most of time anyway cuz people were quitting left and right.

agreed on the erenor gear however, it is indeed just another upgrade on ayanad. its like at other patches saying you dont want t7.. xD dont think anyone complained about that.
Edit: and i mean, i see people saying they want whalesong and aegis but not the gear.. i mean, thats the main reasons the zones were there, for erenor mats x'D

positives:
-ancestral skills
-aegis and whalesong
-adjusted regrade rates
-removal of mana wisps
-cloaking of crafted armor
-rebirth lets you open portals and go near bosses
-being able to port to zones of oppositive faction (community centres)
-expanded otherworldly storage chests
-no labor for illegal farms
-upgraded cottages
-permanent war drums
-bigger car
-synthium gets upgraded with charcoal instead of gilda dust
-Equipped ship components can now be repaired immediately with Shatigon’s Sand

negatives:
-trade changes
-halcyona war not on set times
-erenor
-boss spawn time changes
-hereafter stone recipe
-no more auto-lighting of lighting decor at night :c
-nerfing holy bolt selfheals :c

Last edited:
First off people who complain about 3.5 have also said hey we didn’t play it though. Take it from someone who actually played the patch, it wasn’t all bad.
1: the trade changes the only reason people complain about that was due to the fact they didn’t know how it worked. I made most of my money off of the trade changes because I understood cross ocean trade was important and how to pvp.

And as a person who also played through the patch and PVP'd on retail, I wholeheartedly disagree. People knew how it worked. I made a good bit of gold selling my charcoal stockpile to people who didn't want to go through with the system and decided to just stop altogether. The problem is the amount of resources, effort, and time going into the charcoal production didn't match up for the amount of charcoal you got out of it. I was on a server that had a Nuian-Haranyan alliance doing consistent runs for charcoal, and they still could not find the desire to do it after a few weeks because the time spent doing these trade runs almost doubled, effort almost doubled, but the charcoal reward didn't match. Charcoal prices ended up normalizing at 8g.

If it's not worth the time and effort, people will stop doing it, all the while this patch increases demand for it. People will stop doing the charcoal runs except those that have a hold of the trade routes, then those people will hike charcoal prices up to well beyond what they were on retail, people will refuse to pay 15-20g per charcoal and would rather quit to go play another game than try and progress in a game with such a glaring resource bottleneck. Which is exactly what happened on retail with the trade system. The system was such a failure, 5.0 just reverted at least half of it. Sorry man, the system was that bad.

If Erenor gear is added I'm out, pre much it for me. Going from a T7 with 835 Magic attack to 1300 just in a weapon. I'll swipe it if it's there but it's not very fun. Majority don't want the trade system either

Last edited:
Unless huge changes are made to ayanad scrolls, lord's coins and charcoal. prices for all gear will skyrocket in 3.5

Right now we have semi cheap charcoal (compared to live going from 3.0 to 3.5) which was near vendor cost on live.
Between all the crafting and lower amounts of charcoal coming in that went up to 3g+ per.
similar to that ton of people had ayanad earrings and alts generating ayanad scrolls.
so even with all the cheap charcoal at start + cheap ayanad scrolls divine ayanads were still 20k (thats with 2k ayanad weaponsmithing scrolls)
On top of this we have 28-35g weapon regrade scrolls which will need to be used even more for each tier of crafting instead of just divine+ attempts now.
You end up stacking all these on top of each other youll be seeing 35k+ divine ayanads and good luck having anyone outside of people doing the lord coin daily selling lord's coins post 3.0 if erenor comes as those will be used internally to make guild members erenors.

So due to this youll see a huge divide in gear compared to the small gap on average you have now unless drastic changes are made to balance out the needed items for all steps of the crafting.

Oh this isnt also counting the sheer amounts of weapon scrolls and archeum that came into the game on NA via rng boxes with all that sunlight coming in essences were still 16+ post 3.5

Last edited:
positives:
-ancestral skills
-aegis and whalesong
-adjusted regrade rates
-removal of mana wisps
-cloaking of crafted armor
-rebirth lets you open portals and go near bosses
-being able to port to zones of oppositive faction (community centres)
-expanded otherworldly storage chests
-no labor for illegal farms
-upgraded cottages
-permanent war drums
-bigger car
-synthium gets upgraded with charcoal instead of gilda dust
-Equipped ship components can now be repaired immediately with Shatigon’s Sand

negatives:
-trade changes
-halcyona war not on set times
-erenor
-boss spawn time changes
-hereafter stone recipe
-no more auto-lighting of lighting decor at night :c
-nerfing holy bolt selfheals :c

some of the positives you listed didnt come til 4.0 and 4.5 at least in NA

I want Ancestral Skills. However certain ones need to be nerfed. Lightning Tiger strike does too much damage. Wave meteor is way to much CC and damage. Erenor gear is literal cancer. The trade runs will see all the deadbrain carebear whales leave the server. Making Ayanad crafting less RNG is good.

If at all possible it would be nice to see world boss gear use synthesis to upgrade like on the live servers. Being able to synth up Anth gear, MnG armor, or Jola Shields would be nice and let guilds have a way to get better gear to lower members. Trying to get above epic on Anth gear is a heinous ordeal.

Back