What's new

ArcheRage 3.5 Discussion

The ONLY things I liked in 3.5:
  • Ancestral levels/skills (some more grind, but not super important, so it doesn't really create an imbalance, and it's a way to blow some XP pots + vocation at each level).
  • The Rampage car, it's really cool, but please make it so that 3.0 car owners can upgrade to it, and don't add it to the cash shop directly like Trino did.
  • QOL changes for selling land and such.
  • 16x16 upgrade was not too bad of an idea, especially for a growing server with an active population like this one.
The rest was pretty much the reason why I stopped playing, especially the trade pack changes. Please don't ever do that. Erenor was really bad as well.

Ok, after reading the full patch notes for 3.5 Trino version, here are my suggestions.

Disclaimer: I didn't actually play 3.5 and further on live, so correct me if I said anything wrong. My personal input is according to what I've seen from videos/posts/people talking and the patch notes, not actual testing.

1) Add Cargo as normal, but don't touch the current Overseas (Charcoal) trading. That means, let players still deliver normal packs for Charcoal and Dragon Essences as usual. Both old and cargo systems will be there, up for the players to choose what to use. This is the biggest complain of all the patch changes. Having both systems will theorically let players choose what they like at the moment.

2) Ancestral Skills are nice, the concept is good and it allows different customization of builds. Keep them. If balance is needed, tweak the numbers. I'm willing to help, if that's the case.

3) Remove the despawn timers for all the world bosses that despawn in 3.5 update (Rangora, Morpheus, Nazar, etc), except for Red Dragon, Kraken and Leviathan (they already despawn and Leviathan hasn't be beaten yet anyway). If the despawn timer is implemented, it will force people to compete for bosses in a specific time, instead of giving choice for them to do it whenever they feel like it.

4) Don't change the follow mechanic aka add the "Follow" item. We can't have alts here so theorically there is no need for this. We rarely use it here to be honest.

5) Don't remove Mining Drill and Majestic Tree from the Vocation Badge Shop. There is no need for this.

6) Erenor items seem to need balancing or not being implemented at all. Other players that actually played are giving better feedback on this, but it seems to be bothersome right now just by looking at the patch notes.

Last edited:
Hello, Fellow ArcheRage Development

First i get shocked when i read 3.5

My opinion to 3.5 i will give to u as a Nolife Gamer who enjoy the Game since Beta 2014.
Please keep the Trade system up as it is now, it is a part of sandbox to choose from where to where u like to go.
Ancestral Levels and Ancestral Skills r nice to get.
Erenor Crafting & Regrading Mechanics kill the Game,
because the remove of Mana Whisp and the rareness of Archeum makes it way harder to craft Epherium/Delphinad/Ayanad,
also the ppl will feed all her failed Delphinad to level her Erenor = no Mana Whisp or more rare.
The new areas of Auroria: Whalesong Harbor, and Aegis Island r only brainless designed grind areas who brings only shards to craft Erenor Game Killer Scrolls.
The system to bring Areas into Conflict not only by killing NPC Monster and not only Player in PVP destroy the Timed Halkyona start.
Player start Exploit to bring Areas into Peace to move Save her Packs, some use the Peace Treaty Scrolls to keep her Rank 3+ Guild Protected for PVP.
Adding the regrade up to Eternal will be freaky but nice to see and have.
At 3.5 the regrade system get a bit softer with fails, so that the New Divine is the old Celestial, also the New Epic is the old Divine.
The improovement in regrade luck makes the Player a bit stronger to enjoy and stay longer up alive in PVE Content.
Changes of crafting like Hereafter Stone where u need charcole sucks like much more craft changes.
Adding of Hiram Gear/ Weapon in later 3.5 smells.
Shop changes where seeds get limmited to buy for gold and vocation hurts.
The option to turn rdy build properties is nice to have.
Adding the option to change Blank Canvas in 3 different sizes.
Unbreakable and unbreaking removable Luna Jewels for Honnor ....NOOOOooooooo.
Merge Raids is so great.

So not that much good from 3.5

Yes Please to: Ancestral, Ethernal, Softing regrade, Turning Build Properties, Merge Raids 50+50

No Please not: Erenor, Whalesong and Aegis, Craft Changes, Seed/Sappling Shop changes, Area Conflict by killing NPC Monster,
Honnor Luna Jewels, Hiram,..........

Please use ur Magic Developper Fingers and open a New Housing Area with the limmitation,
where only Player(accounts) who did not own Land at existing old Housing get her Land.
Btw. a kind of activity should be add at farms, to much empty farms rotting around.

Result of my Wall of Text = 3.5 is дерьмо

I just started ps this week and kinda sad about this 3.5 release but if it's actually a custom release how it says it will be then it shouldn't be too bad. I played retail during 3.5 and it was pretty bad how things went there.

1) NO new trade system

2) fix skills if there's gonna be ancestrals, a lot of skills (especially aoe sleep song and wave meteor) were broken. Sure they were fun for the first couple days but then just killed pvp later on. Please balance and fix skills.

3) I'm not from EU but I do have friends that play on EU with me. Don't make boss timers late in est, lusca and abyssal is already really late so EU people cant make it most of the time. Just gonna lose more population making things later, I know a lot of EU people play on here

3) keep halcyona war times as they are, gives chance for EU and oce people to make halcy war

4) KEEP mistmerrow as it is, shortened time is bad and less fun

5) NO erenors, they're pointless and just widen the gear gap even more.

6) Keep gold trader available at current times as im sure people still do it and opens up chance at more world pvp

7) crafting changes and regrade changes were nice. KEEP wisp system and same with changes to cr and gr giving more honor

8) Aegis and Whalesong are good as well, more pvp

9) YES to rebirth changes

10) DON'T have bosses spawn at same time

EDIT: I will be adding more as it goes this is just what I can remember reading through this post and off the top of my head. I don't normally contribute to discussions like this but depending on how things are released for 3.5 means private server will either die or continue on going.

EDIT 2: Nothing is in any specific order, I'm just adding things as they pop into my head.

I have played 3.5 a while.. and I have to say not all of it is bad..

1: The new skills are nice.. you just need to learn how to use it again.. alot of people that are complaining.. are happy darkrunners that can oneshot everything.. and they will have to adjust.. wich they don't want to.. Some of the skills would need some adjusting to balance it out because trion never was good at that.. but overal it would be a good change.

2: Trading.. please.. don't change the trading... The only good thing about that whole change was the outlet itself.. a little place where you where in peace and therefor your "enemies" couldn't pull the guards and have them on your ship while you get killed..
but otherwise then that PLEASE NO! .. let people run their specialty packs across ocean.. Do NOT make it so that the outlets can be full and they can't accept new packs.. Don't make the cost 300 vocation.. Don't remove freedich gold trader.. Just.. don't make any changes to the trading system.. Personally Id rather take my chance with guards being aggro'd on someones boat and being killed... then doing the new system.. wich was horrible..

3: New area's.. they where nice.. pretty looking as well.. but the snowfall in some regions just killed potato pc's.. Id personally hope for a option where you would be able to turn the particals off.

4: Crafting system.. Its a tricky one because it was both good and bad.. Good parts where you removed the lower tiers.. and where your newly crafted thing was cloaked so you could choose which one you wanted..
bad thing was everytime you upgraded it.. the grade would be set back to basic.. and you have to regrade it all the way up again before being able to upgrade.. wich was terrible..
as for the whisps being turned into archeum I doubt I crafted enough to have much of a opinion of that.. And I never was high enough to have erenor as tier.. so yeah thats something for the big whales..

5: General changes.. Most of them are ok.. Don't change the repair cost.. its already so much especially for those that don't have alot of gold.. sometimes it costs me up to 30 gold in order to repair everything..

6: world changes.. Don't change worldboss timers.. unless its more to help EU players as well.. They already have horrible timers for eu players.. making them even later would make sure eu players can't do any events at all..
Mistmerrow shorter.. always good no one plays a full 30 minutes anyway.

7: Quests.. people actually do quests?

I'd like to have the ancestral skills, I would not like to see the trade pack changes or the crafting changes. They were not good changes and the reason for live's death.

3.5 was definitely the worst one for me on Live.
I am not into PvP nor am i a high geared person so the discussion on wisps and erenor etc are way out of my league however, the trde system and crafting changes in 3.5 wrecked the game. They reduced the content and in effect attempted to force the farming players into more naval pvp for thier traderuns, which caused a lot of those players to say "stuff it" and they left to play another game.

"1) Add Cargo as normal, but don't touch the current Overseas (Charcoal) trading. That means, let players still deliver normal packs for Charcoal and Dragon Essences as usual. Both old and cargo systems will be there, up for the players to choose what to use. This is the biggest complain of all the patch changes. Having both systems will theorically let players choose what they like at the moment."
-fantastic idea. +20 DKP to this man.

i loved whalesong though.
I think you guys are doing a great job as it is at the moment. keep up the good work.

Last edited:
Keep the trade system as it is now.
For the love of everything good, please don't make hereafter stones cost charcoal to make.

Removing wisps would definitely tank the market for a while.

Being able to organize your characters on the login screen was a great change. So I can move my main character from slot 3 to 1 :)

I believe you can make it work , on this subject don't listen to the players they don't know what's good for them

my suggestion as a crafter is keep the material cost the same as 3.0. stuff like sunridge ingots and rainbow polish stays the same so people can actually craft and catch up somewhat faster. it would encourage new players because getting a full delph set will be easier than it is now and would be with 3.5 crafting changes.

3.5 DELPHINAD PLATE CHEST crafting:

1 Sealed Epherium Chest

40 Moonlight Archeum Essence

18 Sunridge Ingot

5 Rainbow Polish

112 Gold

current DELPHINAD PLATE CHEST craft recipie:

eph quake

8 moonlight archeum ess

5 sunridge ingot

1 rainbow polish

112 gold

my suggestion as a crafter is keep the material cost the same as 3.0. so stuff like sunridge ingots and rainbow polish stays the same so people can actually craft and catch up somewhat faster. it would encourage new players because getting a full delph set will be easier than it is now and would be with 3.5 crafting changes.

3.5 DELPHINAD PLATE CHEST crafting:

1 Sealed Epherium Chest

40 Moonlight Archeum Essence

18 Sunridge Ingot

5 Rainbow Polish

112 Gold

current DELPHINAD PLATE CHEST craft recipie:

eph quake

8 moonlight archeum ess

5 sunridge ingot

1 rainbow polish

112 gold

The reason it costs more in 3.5 is because 3.5 COMPLETELY REMOVES the RNG in crafting. If the admins go forward and implement the 3.5 crafting changes then the 3.5 receive changes should stay how they are (more expensive) since there's no RNG involved.

Do not change the trading system. Period. No ifs, ands, or buts.
dude if they dont change trading system there's charcoal prices will be shit like 30s ea , because in 3.5 crafting stuff cost less charcoal ,you should research more about the patch , at first i was like you mad about the system of trading until i learned about the other aspects of the 3.5 it's quiet fair and devs here can change few things and it will be good

We all can accept the skills and the new levels, and the 2 regions and the event that comes with them if eternal is implemented then sure do the increased regrade changes, erenor was just a money grab and only the whales kept that system going so how bout we just dont put that crap in here?, you screw the trade system yeah forget it im done.. ill wait for another p.server or something. as far as crafting changes it will cost a little less.. but not much all in all when trion tried this we didnt have the choice of changing anything yes i know u might have some secrets.. but PLEASE dont bring any bad to this server This patch is a RISKK

honestly keeping traderuns how the are is most important,
maybe increase lower grades upgrade rates with the higher grades later on cause 5 attempts to hit arcane is pretty bad rate,
alot or the gear complaints i see is because people dont know how to gear also releasing the crafting choices to where you can craft the gear you want and upgrade it directly would help, and im sorry but no1 in their right mind should be in plate thats just asking for it,
also ascestoral skill do need relooked at but not for the reasons of being op in general but the combos lack in proper setup,
also please put the fear immueity back on courageous action in witchcraftline or remove the fear immueity on the archery base line its not fair, if ascensions where used to make weak skills stronger thats understand able but they have them overclocking already strong skills like meteorstrike,
also keep wisps cause that allows diversity witch gear diverisity is needed, also if you wanted to get gear dispairity down make it to where a resplended with red regrade charm has 70 perscent to proc divine and 30% celestial with no failure rate at unique, that will force gear prices down and up overall gearscore stopping wallet warriors for taking to much of a lead, making grand-uniques 100% will also help
as for flamebolt gods whip combo well make hitting flamebolt in-between god wipes start the gods whip cooldown
while erenor is nice and would be looked to with potential right now erenor armor probably not needed but weapons and accessories yes but you need to do something about the not being able to get the piece your after in 20 attemps by allowing one to crafting specific gear they want,

people focus on all power with little to no defense in mind and then wonder why the macro users get all the glory i garentee you if people geared right those macro combat users wouldnt find using them so advantageous, melee and range should be in leather and healers/mages should be in cloth thanks to obsidian gear the usefullness of plate is worthless.

by the way i can setup a mage build that even those macro using scumbags would find very irrating

further more removing the debuff effecting from the 6 point passive in sorc and making the meteorstrick ascion skill into a a perminate insultated lens and making to where casting godswhip uses the lens up to slight boost the power of electric spells would stop most good mages from using goods whip, this itself would lower alot of the mages overpowerment

The reason it costs more in 3.5 is because 3.5 COMPLETELY REMOVES the RNG in crafting. If the admins go forward and implement the 3.5 crafting changes then the 3.5 receive changes should stay how they are (more expensive) since there's no RNG involved.

teh server has already progressed so far avg gearscore is like 5k-6k. keeping the crafting material cost the same but removing rng of crafting will encourage new players to craft more and pvp more. new players need a way to catch up and i think this will encourage more people to join private server

Back