What's new

ArcheRage 4.0 (development-release info)

Status
Not open for further replies.
1- I would like that you guys DONT MESS with the Draught of Forgiveness, that 3 hours cooldown was one of the worse things ever happen to archeage, pirate life is full of disadvantages like getting attack for the supposely "neutral guards" or getting sent to jail if u go to haranya or nuia, you guys dont need to add that "3h cooldown" or increase the cost from 1.5k to 5k honor each.

2- i am not sure if replacing the warrior medal and the merit badge is wise, that was shit, running packs for gildas was meaningless in the live cuz they were so cheap, i wouldn't change it, just leave it as it is

So never played on live got no idea what's coming in the new patch,I thought the pack for new players was a good idea but will there be any thing added to the game to encourage nubies to stay,the last patch reduced the amount of gold from trade runs increased the cost of lower priced seeds and made regarding and crafting a thing for established players ?.

2- i am not sure if replacing the warrior medal and the merit badge is wise, that was shit, running packs for gildas was meaningless in the live cuz they were so cheap, i wouldn't change it, just leave it as it is

I agree, please keep the reward system the way it is. It is nice to be able to save up for different kind of items at the same time and also I would hate to see the messed up system that was present on live after the change..

Can we please keep the current Merit Badge/Gilda stars system! :D

I don't like the idea of everything being changed to Gilda and on top of that excessive price increases for designs in Mirage Isle...
I mean sure Gilda generation would have gone up as well but... I mean :DDDDDDDD

The current system is a nice medium for the health of Gilda Star economy imo as well.

It's not like anyone on this server has collected an absurd absurd amount of Gilda that I know of so we don't need to suck Gildas out of the playerbase, do we?

--------------------------------

Also
in 4.0 they added the new UI to the Folio (the one that you can search the recipe for things) where they had "categories" of things listed not under their Proficiency but in relation to the "purpose" or how one "got to" the item. e.g. Processing catergory for... turning raw mats into something...
See [9min:54sec]:
(He says he loves it but it's been found in normal use that you have to "guess" where an item would be... :D)

This is confusing since you have to to think of an item and tell what category it might fit under! So would it be possible to keep the folio UI as is in this patch (3.5)

e.g. Wooden Beam Bundle is used for upgrading housing. Would that be under the "Processing" category since you are processing Lumber into Wooden Beam Bundle... or would it be under the "Property" category since you need to use it to upgrade property...
Under old system you'd just go, oh it's in Construction mats and that makes sense cause it's used for CONSTRUCTION/UPGRADE...

Maybe it's just me who didn't like the change, idk... thoughts?

Also
in 4.0 they added the new UI to the Folio (the one that you can search the recipe for things) where they had "categories" of things listed not under their Proficiency but in relation to the "purpose" or how one "got to" the item. e.g. Processing catergory for... turning raw mats into something...
See [9min:54sec]:
(He says he loves it but it's been found in normal use that you have to "guess" where an item would be... :D)

This is confusing since you have to to think of an item and tell what category it might fit under! So would it be possible to keep the folio UI as is in this patch (3.5)

e.g. Wooden Beam Bundle is used for upgrading housing. Would that be under the "Processing" category since you are processing Lumber into Wooden Beam Bundle... or would it be under the "Property" category since you need to use it to upgrade property...
Under old system you'd just go, oh it's in Construction mats and that makes sense cause it's used for CONSTRUCTION/UPGRADE...

Maybe it's just me who didn't like the change, idk... thoughts?

Oof I totally forgot about that.. yea the "new and improved folio" was really bad, takes forever to find what you need in there if you don't recall the name of your item. Also the list of items became super long and hard to just skim through because of all the collapsed menus. It was awful. I much more prefer the original folio.

Don't take away my buffs please! Not really sure what the logic with removing runes and whatnot was, but I'd rather keep my buffs.

Will we be seeing the lunagem changes with 4.0? >>This stuff<<

Would also be nice to see a full intended changelog as soon as possible for the community to comment on. A lot of the 3.5 discussion was super last minute so it would be nice to get the masses thoughts with ample time to make changes where necessary.

Will we be seeing the lunagem changes with 4.0? >>This stuff<<

Would also be nice to see a full intended changelog as soon as possible for the community to comment on. A lot of the 3.5 discussion was super last minute so it would be nice to get the masses thoughts with ample time to make changes where necessary.

Patch works in this way.
The full 4.0 game patch is applied.
Then the previous custom content is ported.
Then custom changes are added.

Those gems are part of 4.0. So if not decided against they will be in the patch.

No it won't be possible to see an intended change log. A set of patch notes will come out around 1 month prior to release.
However just like 3.5 some of the big changes may get confirmation early when we know the change is possible.

Don't take away my buffs please! Not really sure what the logic with removing runes and whatnot was, but I'd rather keep my buffs.

The more I remember about this patch the more I hate it xD pls pls pls don't change the buff system, it's great the way it is!

On a more positive note, I do like the new title system in this patch, and the co-raid system ^-^ and it is nice that there is more residential area in white arden and solis headlands: "The public farms in White Arden and Solis Headlands were changed to residential areas."
The simplified mats for leveling a guild, also definitely keep that in. Easier to work together as a guild to get the level up ribbon if it doesn't require, for example, untradeable mats from the honor store.

Another thing I came across which I got mixed feelings about; the removal of the lv 18 dungeons. on the one hand, sure we level too fast on this server anyway, on the other hand, I do sometimes take newbies through the dungeon and that is a good way for them to explore the game. Thoughts on this, anyone?

Those gems are part of 4.0. So if not decided against they will be in the patch.

If possible, could you consider implementing it alongside the current gems?

For example, there's now 2 versions of class specific gems, like ancient and eternal vitalism gems for revive cast time and fervent healing %, yet at some point one of the 2 got removed, I believe when the new gems got added. Can those please not be removed because for some classes both versions are really useful.

The more I remember about this patch the more I hate it xD pls pls pls don't change the buff system, it's great the way it is!
The current buff system is very inadequate for the 4.0 patch due to the power of the new gems that get released.

Currently Dawn of Glories give 15% Magic/Melee/Healing/Ranged Attack and in 4.0 that would be completely awful due to the fact that most players will experience a massive surge in their crit damage/bonus as well as their critical rate due to the new gems, this is also why Spellbook: Unstoppable Force was removed, to prevent overkill. Keeping the Toughness and Resilience Dawn of Glory also causes problems because with the new gems people will have some absurd levels of mitigation and become basically unkillable (healers + skullknights).

It is worth mentioning that the War Drum Buff also receives a massive buff in 4.0, as reads below:

• Improved the War Drum by reducing crafting cost, changing the effects to grant Attack, Magic Attack, and Healing Power +5% with Received Damage -5%. The item is now consumable and can be used for 30
I believe the buff to the war drum buff more than makes up for the loss of things such as Runes and Unstoppable spellbooks / dampened honor pots. It is also worth noting that resplendant tempers that go up to 118% are being added, so the attack deficit is lessened even further.

These issues aside, there is also a major issue of the patches including 3.5 and before where there are too many buffs available, and because of this there needs to be some buff condensation / removal regardless of preference. If you're in a family, have a language book, have a labor stipend, have a statue buff, have a title on, and are fully potted, you might not even get songs in a raid, or your health lift or ditty buff might get knocked off every other minute due to the buff cap.

The current buff system is very inadequate for the 4.0 patch due to the power of the new gems that get released.

Currently Dawn of Glories give 15% Magic/Melee/Healing/Ranged Attack and in 4.0 that would be completely awful due to the fact that most players will experience a massive surge in their crit damage/bonus as well as their critical rate due to the new gems, this is also why Spellbook: Unstoppable Force was removed, to prevent overkill. Keeping the Toughness and Resilience Dawn of Glory also causes problems because with the new gems people will have some absurd levels of mitigation and become basically unkillable (healers + skullknights).

It is worth mentioning that the War Drum Buff also receives a massive buff in 4.0, as reads below:

• Improved the War Drum by reducing crafting cost, changing the effects to grant Attack, Magic Attack, and Healing Power +5% with Received Damage -5%. The item is now consumable and can be used for 30
I believe the buff to the war drum buff more than makes up for the loss of things such as Runes and Unstoppable spellbooks / dampened honor pots. It is also worth noting that resplendant tempers that go up to 118% are being added, so the attack deficit is lessened even further.

These issues aside, there is also a major issue of the patches including 3.5 and before where there are too many buffs available, and because of this there needs to be some buff condensation / removal regardless of preference. If you're in a family, have a language book, have a labor stipend, have a statue buff, have a title on, and are fully potted, you might not even get songs in a raid, or your health lift or ditty buff might get knocked off every other minute due to the buff cap.

This doesn't change the fact that people hoarded buffs that would be removed, essentially resulting in p2w people or those with a lot of gold having more buffs and therefore being stronger in pvp than others. This nullifies your argument that the current buffs would otherwise make certain people stronger...because this would happen anyway.

This doesn't change the fact that people hoarded buffs that would be removed, essentially resulting in p2w people or those with a lot of gold having more buffs and therefore being stronger in pvp than others. This nullifies your argument that the current buffs would otherwise make certain people stronger...because this would happen anyway.
Hoarding is probably something that can be changed/addressed if the development team wants to. Just because XL/Trion made the arguable mistake of slowly sucking out the supply vs. a full-on removal, doesn't mean the same has to happen here. The developer's control over what they can change in the game itself is obviously limited in some ways, but it's really as simple as making kingdom's shadow, spellbooks, and the other buffs convert into a different item (maybe back into their 3.5 crafting mats) much like how rock salt/crystal stabilizers became when 3.0 came out.

I think a lot of people would agree that combining / removing some of the buffs so that players only have to use maybe four or six consumables opposed to 10-15 different ones is a highly desired quality of life change that this game needs.

Right now I use the following buffs:
Secret Gift
Roast Ribs
Kingdom Shadow
Jujube Juice
Jujube Sparkling Wine
Dawn of Glory
Spellbook: Unstoppable Will
Combat Scroll: Toughness
Combat Scrolls: Attack
Ward Grimoire
Vaughn's Potent Stout
Valau/Zena Runes
Judge's Longing
Dahuta's bubble

Note that if you have this many buffs running, you basically can't get songs from your raid or keep health lift / boon / ditty / any active abilities from your skill tree, I highly doubt anyone truly enjoys it.

For players that have $ / gold, with the old buff system, there's clearly an advantage, and the same will still be true if we get the 4.0 buff changes and no prior consumable prevention / fix.

So let's remove and condense some buffs to even the playing field like 4.0 was supposed to in order to balance the meta, and prevent hoarding / usability of buffs from buffs that are intended to be removed.

Last edited:
Hoarding is probably something that can be changed/addressed if the development team wants to. Just because XL/Trion made the arguable mistake of slowly sucking out the supply vs. a full-on removal, doesn't mean the same has to happen here. The developer's control over what they can change in the game itself is obviously limited in some ways, but it's really as simple as making kingdom's shadow, spellbooks, and the other buffs convert into a different item (maybe back into their 3.5 crafting mats) much like how rock salt/crystal stabilizers became when 3.0 came out.

aye, I never really understood why that didn't happen, somehow I didn't think of this simple solution now... xD I remember trying to sell all my old buffs because I was expecting them to literally remove it all on patch and then they didn't. >.<

So even though my experience with the revamped buff system is bad, if the devs here approach it differently here on the private server, I'll be open to seeing it changed. I just don't want a repeat of what happened on live servers.

Options would be: turning old buffs into a new version, being able to change buffs into useful mats, or sell em to vendor for nice gold price.

Do you know if Honor forged warrior medals will be replacing standard warrior medals in 4.0? If so will there be conversion rate (Whats the ratio) or grandfathering in?

Do you know if Honor forged warrior medals will be replacing standard warrior medals in 4.0? If so will there be conversion rate (Whats the ratio) or grandfathering in?
honorforged medals are basically the same as they are in 3.5, except lots of recipies such as shadow warriors shadows, ayanad/delphinad/erenor cloaks now require honorforged medals instead of warrior medals. honorforged still cost 2k honor each in the shop.

in 4.0, warrior medals can be broken down into 100 honor points each. so 1/20th of a honorforged medal.

honorforged medals are basically the same as they are in 3.5, except lots of recipies such as shadow warriors shadows, ayanad/delphinad/erenor cloaks now require honorforged medals instead of warrior medals. honorforged still cost 2k honor each in the shop.

in 4.0, warrior medals can be broken down into 100 honor points each. so 1/20th of a honorforged medal.

I just didn't like how everything turned into honor. Same as with the merit/gilda thing: I like being able to save up for different things at the same time, instead of having to get everything from one pool.

Seeing as it wouldn't only be the honorforged medals but also the new gems that require honor, and a lot of prices in the honor store being increased, I would prefer medals to not disappear. Not everyone has a big honor stack like the faction heros who grind every event for prestige anyway.

Reading the 4.0 retail patch notes, I don't want included in this game are:
1) The rules of acquiring Abyssal Shards and Abyssal Crystals has been adjusted. These items can be acquired from Greater dungeon quests or strong monsters in dungeons. Abyssal Shards have a chance to be dropped from normal or strong monsters in dungeons. Abyssal Crystals will only be dropped by bosses.
2) Adjusted Gear Score calculations. Gear's performance is now reflected on gear score, and some equipment scores may be adjusted. Lunagem gear score was set quite low considering the effects, but this will be improved(Please DONT CHANGE the gs ways, its fine as it)
3) Using a transmuter now costs 200 labor, to reduce rapid item swapping.(useless to put in)
4) Adjusted the NPC kill count to push Aegis Island and Whalesong Harbor to war. Aegis Island now requires 700 kills (up from 400) and Whalesong Harbor requires 900 kills (up from 600.) (NO need to make it harder)
5) Reduced the drop rate of Arcadian Seafoam from Dahuta in the weekend Sea of Drowned Love. (just why mess with it?)
6) Normal difficulty Palace Cellar, Sharpwind Mines, and Kroloal Cradle dungeons have been removed. (we should keep the normal dungeons)
7) "Working for the Territories" reward has been changed from a Territoken to a Damaged Territory Market Box. Spend 5 Gilda Stars to open the box and retrieve a Territoken. (this is quite stupid how we have to pay 5 gilda each time)
8) Can we NOT touch obsidian mats and change them around and can we not change how obsidian gear/weapons are change
9) Watering now costs labor -- 1 labor for basic water, 10 labor for hauler water.(this is just really stupid and pointless)
10) Shining Lightning Essence has been discontinued and can be converted into Honorforged Medals. Warrior's Medals have been discontinued and can be converted into Honor. Merit Badges have been discontinued and can be converted into Gilda Stars. (I feel we should keep all 3 of these items for variety)
11) Spellshift Orb(if you include this fail of an item, make it a LOT EASIER to make as it was stupid when it first came out in retail)
12) Don't change the gilda prices to be more expensive then they are now please and thanks
13) Inspire: Attack Speed Boost reduced from 53 to 42.( I don't see a point to change this)
14) Lightning Triple Slash: Reduced attack damage from 130%/130%/160% of melee attack to 110%/110%/140% of melee attack. Third attack's global cooldown duration has been increased from 0.4 seconds to 0.6 seconds. (Correct me if im wrong but triple slash isn't like an op attack is it?)
15) Wave Hell Spears: Effect range reduced from 15m to 12m(why?)
16) Stone Healing Hymn: Effect range reduced from 30m to 20m.(why again...)

Well that's my thoughts on the 4.0 patch and I hope that we are listened to for this patch.

14) Lightning Triple Slash: Reduced attack damage from 130%/130%/160% of melee attack to 110%/110%/140% of melee attack. Third attack's global cooldown duration has been increased from 0.4 seconds to 0.6 seconds. (Correct me if im wrong but triple slash isn't like an op attack is it?)

no one uses lighting anyway, afaik

2) Adjusted Gear Score calculations. Gear's performance is now reflected on gear score, and some equipment scores may be adjusted. Lunagem gear score was set quite low considering the effects, but this will be improved(Please DONT CHANGE the gs ways, its fine as it)

tbh I was rather disappointed when the super expensive gem I put in only gave 25 gearscore.. xD I don't mind certain gems being boosted if that is what the devs think should stay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back