What's new

ArcheRage 4.0 (development-release info)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reading the 4.0 retail patch notes, I don't want included in this game are:
8) Can we NOT touch obsidian mats and change them around and can we not change how obsidian gear/weapons are change
11) Spellshift Orb(if you include this fail of an item, make it a LOT EASIER to make as it was stupid when it first came out in retail)

These things were added because on live servers it was the first phase of removing obsi entirely. I agree with you that I do not want this to happen, can we please keep obsidian the way it is?

If the gem is not in this table. Then it is no longer obtainable/craftable.
The gems will still exist inside your gear. There is also no ability to convert old gems.
LunagemChart2.jpg

Great, let's remove evasion for all mages, healers & archers but keep parry rate gems in the game while we shift the 2 hander meta towards dual-wield. xl really loved melee didn't they.

Please keep the old buffs usable (not craftable) same way it was on live on 4.0
Keep the war drum permanent rather than it expiring after 30 minutes
Keep the folio the way it is in 3.5
Dont put in transmuter labor cost
Dont put in obsidian crafting changes

If the gem is not in this table. Then it is no longer obtainable/craftable.
The gems will still exist inside your gear. There is also no ability to convert old gems.
LunagemChart2.jpg

Can you please consider my previous request to not remove the original crafted gems?

If possible, could you consider implementing it [the new gem system] alongside the current gems?

For example, there's now 2 versions of class specific gems, like ancient and eternal vitalism gems for revive cast time and fervent healing %, yet at some point one of the 2 got removed, I believe when the new gems got added. Can those please not be removed because for some classes both versions are really useful.

I find it really stupid that items (both, buffs & gems) become unobtainable in newer versions, but the ones already existing, stay.
It gives old players an unfair advantage over new players.
It makes you want to hold onto your old gear if you obtain a higher grade, simply because you know you cannot gem it the same way as your last piece. Or you are forced to craft them in bulk now to grow a supply for the future.

I say keep them in the game entirely, or remove the receipe as well as from gear and let people know about this as soon as possible so they can prepare to re-gem their gear.

It makes you want to hold onto your old gear if you obtain a higher grade, simply because you know you cannot gem it the same way as your last piece.

You can literally extract them. Also all gems will have 100% socket ratio so you can gem w/e u want however u want. Craft 1k each gem b4 patch goes live and you're set for life.

You can literally extract them. Also all gems will have 100% socket ratio so you can gem w/e u want however u want. Craft 1k each gem b4 patch goes live and you're set for life.
No only the new gems are 100%.
The old gems stay as rng

extracting old gems is no use, like Sjin said, old mechanics still apply to those gems.

The thread is not for posting something and expecting a reply.
The thread is for everyone to put their opinion in so that when the custom changes are made they are done to benefit the players.
Whether your post receives a reply or not your suggestion is still accounted for in the end

i have a suggestion. maybe move the thread to game debates like the prior 3.0 and 3.5 threads so people actually see it lmao

While true we want to move away from having game updates in general discussion and have their own area to separate current patch from future patch

While true we want to move away from having game updates in general discussion and have their own area to separate current patch from future patch
I see, so you want less discussion / debates about changes to the game happening in the game debates forum. That's a shame that you want to move away from using the most used and watched section of the forum, that's been used for all previous patch change debate / discussion, which has been there for the purpose of discussing changes to the game.

Last edited:
This thread was originally started only to inform players that work on 4.0 was started and when they need to expect that update.

We are currently working on all that 4.0 update basic changes to be working properly and anything related to the custom changes will be looked in not earlier than late September. I had it mentioned from the very beginning in the main post of this thread. Please, don't expect us to confirm anything until then!

For now, it's indeed too early for a vivid discussion and debates (that's what the Game Debates section is made for) and you should still have plenty of time for it in September, when we move the discussion related to 4.0 to the Debates section, so, both - staff and our players, could then actively participate in the debates and further custom changes related to the 4.0 global update.​

Buff Changes
In 4.0 the following buffs are removed;
  • Drinks, Liquors, Fortuna Dies, Runes, Spellbooks, and Protection Potions. You can still use the items you may own, but you cannot craft new ones.
Either keep these recipes in the game or remove the ones from players inventories entirely. This made it so newer players couldn't contest, unless they paid a ton of money for the old buffs.

Gem Changes
Sunglow gems replaced the old lunagems that provided certain ability boosts, examples being the Frigid tracks gems, zeal gems, revive cast time gems, etc.
Keep the old gems but however exchange the recipes with the new ones, all of the gems are arguably worse than what we already have and make gearing as a new player harder.

Anchor Drops
In 4.0 lowering an anchor takes significantly longer than this patch, about 10-15 seconds. The only way to cancel someone dropping an anchor is to critically hit them (which is almost every hit in this patch). Revert this to the old system, this basically makes dropping an anchor near impossible.

Honor Pots
  • Goblets of Honor now offer one of the following effects: Melee Attack, Ranged Attack, Magic Attack, or Healing power.
Goblets of honor now only boost your attack power by +64, which is a significant downgrade from what they currently are and makes them not very good for the price.

Honor Pots
  • Goblets of Honor now offer one of the following effects: Melee Attack, Ranged Attack, Magic Attack, or Healing power.
Goblets of honor now only boost your attack power by +64, which is a significant downgrade from what they currently are and makes them not very good for the price.

I agree with the other things you mention, and I had the same opinion regarding the honor pot first, but then this got pointed out; the fact that current honor pots are actually too overpowered with the new gems coming up:

Currently Dawn of Glories give 15% Magic/Melee/Healing/Ranged Attack and in 4.0 that would be completely awful due to the fact that most players will experience a massive surge in their crit damage/bonus as well as their critical rate due to the new gems, this is also why Spellbook: Unstoppable Force was removed, to prevent overkill. Keeping the Toughness and Resilience Dawn of Glory also causes problems because with the new gems people will have some absurd levels of mitigation and become basically unkillable (healers + skullknights).

It is worth mentioning that the War Drum Buff also receives a massive buff in 4.0, as reads below:

• Improved the War Drum by reducing crafting cost, changing the effects to grant Attack, Magic Attack, and Healing Power +5% with Received Damage -5%.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back