What's new

ArcheRage 4.0 (development-release info)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I used to also think that dw did more damage when you fill crit gemmed everything. One day I decided to do my own math to find out if I was correct, only to find that 2h actually had the higher damage numbers if you compare same weapon same grade.

The advantage of dual wield comes from attack speed. Attack speed makes your gcds much shorter, so you are able to get skills off much faster in a shorter time period. Obviously there’s other things such as parrying ranged attacks and being able to swap to shield but the main focus is the attack speed. Overall, 2h will have the higher burst damage, but dw will win the sustained dps race
Interesting. What weapons did you do the damage comparison with? And what was the average damage gap?

Interesting. What weapons did you do the damage comparison with? And what was the average damage gap?
I’m not home so I can’t pull up the exact number, but at 3 crit for 2h and 6 for dw the damage was like 600 in favor of 2h on precision strike. Full crit gemmed for both it was 300 or so in favor of 2h

My suggestion for 4.0:

Keep 3.5

4.0 is bad
4.5 is worse
5.0 is trash

Please learn from Trion/XL's mistakes and don't go any further. Each subsequent release damages the game more and more.

The server will continue to get future patches wish changes done based on players input.

@Kezz I don't think you brought it up but the 2h buff in 3.5 (unsure if it changes in 4.0/4.5) has 50% shield defense penetration + rate.
That is a ton, many players run shields and those who don't will most likely swap to one if you attack them. Keep that in mind.

If sorcery's Wave meteor (a massively long cast time skill that actually hits for decent damage unlike the original meteor) is going to be picked on for nerfs, can the formula for stuff like Lightning Tiger Strike be changed too?

Really sick of seeing instant, ranged, unblockable attacks double and triple hit for over 10k damage each. Why is battlerage consistently given player deletion buttons that they get to press with impunity, but sorcery and similar trees are constantly the target of nerfs?

Can sorcery be left alone for once?

If sorcery's Wave meteor (a massively long cast time skill that actually hits for decent damage unlike the original meteor) is going to be picked on for nerfs, can the formula for stuff like Lightning Tiger Strike be changed too?

Really sick of seeing instant, ranged, unblockable attacks double and triple hit for over 10k damage each. Why is battlerage consistently given player deletion buttons that they get to press with impunity, but sorcery and similar trees are constantly the target of nerfs?

Can sorcery be left alone for once?

I believe the change of "distance calculations" goes into that. I think it stops the attack if you're too far away from the target or something so you won't get hit with shit like "all 3 of my attacks will land even if I die mid-air before the second hit lands" and "I got pulled off the guy I'm Tiger Striking but all 3 land anyway"

I believe the change of "distance calculations" goes into that. I think it stops the attack if you're too far away from the target or something so you won't get hit with shit like "all 3 of my attacks will land even if I die mid-air before the second hit lands" and "I got pulled off the guy I'm Tiger Striking but all 3 land anyway"

I mean, yea, that's a nice step, but the damage is still over the top insane, and only adds to the growing list of attacks battlerage alone is in possession of that are literally deletion buttons.

Precision strike, BEL, and now Lightning Tiger Strike. That constantly receive resets through the passive abilities of battlerage. What.

And, let us not forget that the network code of Archage is garbage. On your screen, you teleported away. On their screen, you are still there.

Backdrop, teleport, and mirrorlight all have this issue, and it usually works in favor of the laggy attacker.

Ever noticed how you still get snared mid back drop or teleport or mirror warp? Garbage network code.

You can sit and watch duels in austera/marinople and see it constantly.

I mean, yea, that's a nice step, but the damage is still over the top insane, and only adds to the growing list of attacks battlerage alone is in possession of that are literally deletion buttons.

Precision strike, BEL, and now Lightning Tiger Strike. That constantly receive resets through the passive abilities of battlerage. What.

And, let us not forget that the network code of Archage is garbage. On your screen, you teleported away. On their screen, you are still there.

Backdrop, teleport, and mirrorlight all have this issue, and it usually works in favor of the laggy attacker.

Ever noticed how you still get snared mid back drop or teleport or mirror warp? Garbage network code.

You can sit and watch duels in austera/marinople and see it constantly.

Oh I don't disagree on the BS of Battlerage. But the issue isn't network code, it's how the game handles the importance of information. It's client-authoritative, not server-authoritative. That's why the gold hack from early on was so stupid-simple. Rather than you doing something with the client and the server telling you if that's a viable move or not (ARK does something like that), you could tell the game client "hey, this really means <that> instead" and the server just says "you know best, game client. I'll update as usual!" and that's it. You tell your game client to update your inventory with a couple extra zeroes in your gold value, and the server doesn't question it, it just updates it.

Is there any way we could see a real guild bank system added? Would be cool to set up permissions for certain ranks and in different tabs and things like that.

Additionally, would really like to see mounts that also act as combat pets, or buff pets. The Kirin for example could be a buff pet since kirin are typically very benevolent creatures. But like my tiger? I should be able to get off my tiger and have him tear some things up, seems kind of dippy that he just stands there and watches me die, or just takes hits from things. A lot of games with pet sytems have pets that defend at least themselves, would be nice if it were possible in this game too.

Is there any way we could see a real guild bank system added? Would be cool to set up permissions for certain ranks and in different tabs and things like that.

Additionally, would really like to see mounts that also act as combat pets, or buff pets. The Kirin for example could be a buff pet since kirin are typically very benevolent creatures. But like my tiger? I should be able to get off my tiger and have him tear some things up, seems kind of dippy that he just stands there and watches me die, or just takes hits from things. A lot of games with pet sytems have pets that defend at least themselves, would be nice if it were possible in this game too.
Guild bank is already in development. It's mentioned in THIS thread.

Oh I don't disagree on the BS of Battlerage. But the issue isn't network code, it's how the game handles the importance of information. It's client-authoritative, not server-authoritative. That's why the gold hack from early on was so stupid-simple. Rather than you doing something with the client and the server telling you if that's a viable move or not (ARK does something like that), you could tell the game client "hey, this really means <that> instead" and the server just says "you know best, game client. I'll update as usual!" and that's it. You tell your game client to update your inventory with a couple extra zeroes in your gold value, and the server doesn't question it, it just updates it.

Some things are client dominate, sure, but I don't think things like gold values are. If that was the case, this game would be as bad/worse than maplestory, and there would be people with millions of gold, as there have been many cheaters running around in this game, a lot of whom I've gotten banned. Also, the gold farmers wouldn't be farming gold with bots, they would've just hacked it into the game. Maplestory was a game where you could literally code yourself out of bounds, attack all the mobs on the map at once and loot them without moving an inch.

Attack precedence definitely seems to stem from client sided communications in this game though though. Otherwise in a proper server/client infrastructure, you'd get errors or be unable to attack yet, until the client could confirm locations and perform calculations. So they're broadcasting that they attacked you before you moved, when that isn't the case, hence the lag advantage.

That said, there are still several other problems with the network code, and client/server precedence also falls into that area of infrastructure.

XLGames thought it was a good idea to build an MMO using a FPS engine. It wasn't.

It's not. The glider was last added about a month or two after the server came out, it hasn't been back since.

Guild bank is already in development. It's mentioned in THIS thread.

Awesome! Thanks so much :D
How about illegal aqua farms? I can't seem to find anywhere I could put one. I live on an island, would be cool to put some unprotected stuff to grow around it vs. having to travel to a specific aqua farm somewhere.

Awesome! Thanks so much :D
How about illegal aqua farms? I can't seem to find anywhere I could put one. I live on an island, would be cool to put some unprotected stuff to grow around it vs. having to travel to a specific aqua farm somewhere.

There never has been the possibility to plant wild in the ocean, too much space available for that, i believe it would make lag too much or something

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back