What's new

ArcheRage 4.0 Discussion

Are you the dude darkrunner with legendary buff 8k+ gs that need to come like a rat when players are grind mobs for erenor cloack? If is you, i understand why u want the buffs removed. Is easy to kill low geared players without buffs. Noobland.

Pretty much every darkrunner ever, but yea he's a real low life too. The darkrunner infestation in this game is really bad, and they are always the worst of the worst kinds of players. They want every advantage for their already OP specs, are generally trolls, and have zero integrity.

Pretty much every darkrunner ever, but yea he's a real low life too. The darkrunner infestation in this game is really bad, and they are always the worst of the worst kinds of players. They want every advantage for their already OP specs, are generally trolls, and have zero integrity.
I'd just like to say that this is less of hating on darkrunners and more an accurate assesment of people on this server, well those who knowingly pick darkrunner and stick with it even after learning how unfair the class is, seen a lot of ppl who were told DR is the best reroll to mage or archer after being disgusted by the class including myself all those years ago on live

Last edited:
Why did we increase the price of some gilda things? Are gilda suddenly easier in this version? If so please tell me how because this is stupid. :mad:

Why did we increase the price of some gilda things? Are gilda suddenly easier in this version? If so please tell me how because this is stupid. :mad:
afaik u get em when u'd normally get merits, so no, not easier, u get very few more per day only

in theory it was supposed to be easier because merit would have converted into gilda at a 2:1 ratio, however this change wasn't added in but for some reason the gilda prices were still increased

Coinpurses drop outdated items fire/wave lunarites as well superrior glow have no other use than converting it to fine why is this a case ?

• These movement skills can now be used in Neutral Ground: Quickstep, Comet's Boon, Teleportation, Teleport Left, Teleport Right, Drop Back, Behind Enemy Lines, Mirror Warp, Circle Step, Shadow Step.

Was this supposed to mean we can use these skills in safe areas such as nuis & trade outlets ? Because it doesn't work.

We have a real problem with harpoons on ships. 4.0 and 4.5 were supposed to be released at the same time. 4.0 changes the harpoons they just break all the time. This is due to the 4.5 patch being able to regrade harpoons. Is there a way this can be fixed ?

• These movement skills can now be used in Neutral Ground: Quickstep, Comet's Boon, Teleportation, Teleport Left, Teleport Right, Drop Back, Behind Enemy Lines, Mirror Warp, Circle Step, Shadow Step.

Was this supposed to mean we can use these skills in safe areas such as nuis & trade outlets ? Because it doesn't work.

Also behind enemy lines should NOT be a part of this. That means that battlerage users can cast damage skills from inside a nui. Was there no thought given to this? Shadowstep should also not be useable, because that provides a direct advantage to the caster, giving them an edge from inside a nui.

Regardless if they can cast it or not it still will not do damage. If your gonna say that they can’t use shadow step or BEL then no skills should be used in those areas. It’s unfair to restrict one or two skill trees.
Ever attack someone in a Nui and it does not cause damage ? Was there any thought given to your post ?

Regardless if they can cast it or not it still will not do damage. If your gonna say that they can’t use shadow step or BEL then no skills should be used in those areas. It’s unfair to restrict one or two skill trees.
Ever attack someone in a Nui and it does not cause damage ? Was there any thought given to your post ?

You aren't understanding the implications of this. Also restricting two skill trees is perfectly fair.

BEL can be targeted to someone OUTSIDE of the nui, and upon landing will cause damage.

Shadowstep can be targeted to someone OUTSIDE of the nui, and upon casting will put the user directly behind someone, providing an advantage to cause damage.

Explain how either of those mechanics is fair.

Last edited:
you could apply that factor to every single skill listed. Teleport to player, mirror warp all of them give a player an advantage. So why would you restrict those two trees ? If your camping someone in the Nui just stay 20m away from them so they can’t do that.

No, you cannot apply that logic to other skills. The other ones are aimed, have a higher GCD, and don't do direct damage, save for Comets Boon, which should ALSO be removed from the list. Somehow I missed that the first go around.

Being able to cast any skills from inside the nui that do damage or provide advantageous positioning to high degrees should not be allowed to be used, period. Normal teleports with a high GCD are not skills of that nature. They are normal teleports. Teleporting out of the nui towards a player is no more advantageous than walking out, as both skills are broadcast to to the server at the same rate. The only advantage is the ability to force a drop target, which would be the case in any normal situation anyway.

Off topic, are you a darkrunner? You've got the name and logic of one....

Your arguement is idiotic, walking is the same as a teleport ? You make me lol sir. No I’m a 1 tap mage and I’m not even complaining about this cus I know I just need to stay 20 + m away from the target.

On a side note even if your claim is true and it’s not wouldn’t the player being camped in a Nui need an advantage since he’s in there for a reason?

Last edited:
Walking and teleportation are broadcast to the server with the same exact priority. The same is true of backdrop, mirrorwarp, shadowstep, void dice and that teleportation skill from occultism that I can't remember the name of (which should ALSO be removed if it is included here, as it grants the ability to teleport to any target in the radius it was dropped, albeit infront instead of behind, bringing our total up to 4 skills), but the advantage of these skills being the distance covered.

BEL is a combat skill and is not broadcast the same way, ontop of being a movement skill it is a snare and damage skill.

Your "lol" comes from a place of ignorance in how the game operates, and/or a misunderstanding of my meaning.

Also no, because even assuming a player is being camped and not actually abusing nui mechanics to troll, they still should not be able to launch an attack or gain the upperhand from a location where they cannot be touched. Your logic is completely flawed on this but you are too stubborn to admit you are wrong and back down

Last edited:
Is there any way to get the old honor gems back? Dont get me wrong i like the new "no break" gems but damn they are little! The splendid earth on a two hander gives 250 focus while the old ones gave 420. I guess those that knew all this stocked up on the old gems. I didn't :( RIP

I was talking about the upgraded. Splendid is the tier 2. the tier 1 only gives 200 focus on a two hander. This is terrible and makes it even harder for new people to compete!

Walking and teleportation are broadcast to the server with the same exact priority. The same is true of backdrop, mirrorwarp, shadowstep, void dice and that teleportation skill from occultism that I can't remember the name of (which should ALSO be removed if it is included here, as it grants the ability to teleport to any target in the radius it was dropped, albeit infront instead of behind, bringing our total up to 4 skills), but the advantage of these skills being the distance covered.

BEL is a combat skill and is not broadcast the same way, ontop of being a movement skill it is a snare and damage skill.

Your "lol" comes from a place of ignorance in how the game operates, and/or a misunderstanding of my meaning.

Also no, because even assuming a player is being camped and not actually abusing nui mechanics to troll, they still should not be able to launch an attack or gain the upperhand from a location where they cannot be touched. Your logic is completely flawed on this but you are too stubborn to admit you are wrong and back down
What are you talking about? Have you played 4.0? This is a normal thing and it's used for mobility while turning in packs at trade outlets because the nui zone is so large.

These aren't being removed and it's not going to be this big "disaster" you think it is. If you're truly afraid of somebody using this against you, then be smart about it. Stay away from the nui maybe?

Back