What's new

ArcheRage 4.0 Discussion

My share;

- Don't remove low level dungeons
- Don't change mob count for getting zones to war
- Don't change obsidian (it was only changed on retail because they were aiming to remove the gear.. pls dont remove the gear.)
- Don't change reward token system (merit/gilda/etc)
-Keep pet exp stones from dungeon rewards
- Rework the buff system so that people either aren't able to use old buffs that get removed, or don't remove them from crafting.
- Do not change the pets that are available atm for gilda (sabrefang cat, black arrow, etc)
- Keep the drum permanent.

- Don't change abyssal crystal drops from mobs like serp mobs/mistsong mobs, especially because we need crazy amount of crystals as other dungeon mats are removed, example:
->> "In "A Purifying Spell," the Mistmight Stone and Sunstrength Stone rewards are replaced with 100 Abyssal Crystals." !?

- Do not add this change: "Working for the Territories" reward has been changed from a Territoken to a Damaged Territory Market Box. Spend 5 Gilda Stars to open the box and retrieve a Territoken."
- Can we keep this merit daily: "The Path of the Gladiator" is no longer available from Merit Quests.

- imo, keep warrior medals and honor, instead of kyrios badges and honor..I mean, what's the point really? XD just same shit with different skin.. why change it....
->> "The Arena now has its own shop! Use your Kyrios Badges to purchase these PvP related items, including titles, instruments, and Stat Migration items. This shop can be accessed on the Arena Queue menu." / "Arenas now award Kyrios Badges instead of Honor Points"

On a more positive note, I applaud the simplifications of:
- guild level up rewards
- gear mats (lib/auroria)
- pet gear mats
- mistsong weapons upgrade recipes
- car recipes

Could you add the charcoal to the craft of hereafterstones and some other place, besides the new gems? It will lower much more now because the space of the larders will be reduced. Also the gems do not break (finally!), So people will stop using them on this on a large scale as at the beginning of the new patch, and in the end it will be more profitable to sell charcoal to the npc than in the AH if you do not do something with the charcoal...

It would also be good if you please stop introducing regrades and crystals / essences so often into the game boxes.

The new gem system looks great, but I'm worried that the resale of old gems will be abused at high prices for new people, given that some of the old ones are still better than their corresponding tier 2.
Also evasion gems disappear (in future patches put them back) could they be put now?

Finally I worry about the same as most, the issue of buffs.
I think that the best option would be to maintain them, or to make using the buffs that will disappear give you X amount of materials of their cost, but that cannot be sold or used, that will unbalance the PVP even more in front of the people of the top.

Thanks for reading me :D

Could you add the charcoal to the craft of hereafterstones and some other place, besides the new gems? It will lower much more now because the space of the larders will be reduced. Also the gems do not break (finally!), So people will stop using them on this on a large scale as at the beginning of the new patch, and in the end it will be more profitable to sell charcoal to the npc than in the AH if you do not do something with the charcoal...

I would rather not have charcoal needed to craft hereafters because that is nonsense. All that does is make hereafters more expensive to be able to simply port around. One of the mistakes they did on retail was make charcoal needed for stupid stuff like that.

Just 2 cents worth from someone who enjoyed this game so much that I ended up dumping thousands of dollars into it and didnt even feel bad about it, only to watch them progressively butcher it to the point that I left if all behind and walked away from it out of sheer disgust! :p

Few comments on actual note points:

- Normal difficulty Palace Cellar, Sharpwind Mines, and Kroloal Cradle dungeons have been removed.
- Please don't take these out. These dungeons were the majority of the very few that were actually worth a dang and fun to run. Some of us enjoy running these at low levels and even again at higher levels for image item gear. Unless there is a real reason to need to remove them, this will simply remove some of the more enjoyable PvE aspects for no gain.

- Growthstones are now longer quest rewards, and can only be purchased from the Honor & Arena Shops.
"Can we keep this via quests and world bosses? Things should not be made all about honor"
- 100% agree here, adding them to the honor and arena shops is fine, but removing them and making them ONLY available in honor and arena shops is horrible, the people who actually need / make real use of these are still trying to get leveled up and do not have the gear to be competitive in pvp yet, and forcing any pre-existing pve content into a pvp only thing is just bad because some people really enjoy having good options in pve. While it is true this game is more about the pvp than pve, this game also has some of the best overall mechanics and capabilities of any mmo out there, so limiting the pve content makes no sense as it just limits/causes loss of interest from a chunk of the player base. And even if that chunk doesn't directly contribute to the overall pvp engame per se, they are contributing to the health of the economy and the crafting game which is important even to hardcore pvpers. (Note: this comment applies to anything of this order, not just the growthstones lol)

- The following consumables have been discontinued: Drinks, Liquors, Fortuna Dies,Runes, Spellbooks, and Protection Potions. You can still use the items you may own, but you cannot craft new ones.
- Is there a need for this? I know that these items being able to be crafted vastly helped me on live trying to accomplish stuff that I did not have a big guild to do or when I just wanted to play solo/with a few friends. Again, following the changes of live can be good in some areas for needed balance and / or quality of life features, but lets not forget that they totally fubbared live and drove all their players away. Removing stuff just for the sake of removing stuff only causes more people to be disappointed. I would be very wary about following / implementing non quality of life and needed balance changes from live as combined with the insane cash shop dependencies enforced by the publishers, we have already seen how a lot of these changes impacted live and the end result was a dead game that no one wanted to play let alone sink money into.

Please note that my responses are targeted at direct stated items but that overall they apply to all things in general, I loved this game to no end, but eventually was so disgusted with the changes and the publishers that I just walked away and left everything there to rot. Finding this server was a major plus and I think that a lot of what you have done with it is great, but would hate to see it follow the same trends on some of these areas as many of them did nothing to improve the game, it simply imposed unnecessary limitations that made the game progressively less and less enjoyable. Again, just my 2 cents. :)

I would rather not have charcoal needed to craft hereafters because that is nonsense. All that does is make hereafters more expensive to be able to simply port around. One of the mistakes they did on retail was make charcoal needed for stupid stuff like that.
Agree, all this does is force pve players into more pvp situations and caused the simple act of traveling to become stupidly expensive. Promoting pvp and getting more people to engage in it is a good thing, but this should be done via reward, not punishment / limitation. Make pvp attractive to those not currently participating, dont make it necessary to play that game. The former will get more people CHOOSING to be involved, while the later just drives them away from the game.

What you have to remember, is how vital those pve players are to a game like this that has the majority endgame consisting of pvp. Those players who just want to quest, grind, farm and craft... they are vital to the overall economy of the game, they keep the markets alive and flush with crafted goods, gear, cash and consumables needed by the pvpers, because its all they do! If you remove them from the equation you just have a bunch of high level pvpers stealing from each other, the markets become barren which imposes major hindrances to newer players joining and increases the entry level difficulty many times over, which dries up the pool of "new blood" coming in that could have ended up contributing to the pvp endgame.

Again, if you want to increase the number of players engaging in pvp, do it by making it desirable to them, give them a reason to want to engage, not by taking all the pve options out and forcing them to.

Note: I should add that I enjoy and engage in the pvp just as much, if not more than the pve! I know my comments here make it seem like I am only interested in the pve aspects but it couldnt be further from the truth! I simply know how important those pve players are to the game overall and have already watched them be alienated and left out once and saw how the effects of that contributed to the degradation of the game as a whole! :)

Regarding TRANSMUTERS: Please, please, please don't increase the labor to use them to 200 labor per use. It will make crafting items to feed Erenors very, very difficult due to the huge amount of recloaking required to craft up items to feed the Erenors. Even w transmutters using the current 10 labor, the labor required to craft and upgrade an Erenor item is tremendous.

- The following consumables have been discontinued: Drinks, Liquors, Fortuna Dies,Runes, Spellbooks, and Protection Potions. You can still use the items you may own, but you cannot craft new ones.
- Is there a need for this? I know that these items being able to be crafted vastly helped me on live trying to accomplish stuff that I did not have a big guild to do or when I just wanted to play solo/with a few friends. Again, following the changes of live can be good in some areas for needed balance and / or quality of life features, but lets not forget that they totally fubbared live and drove all their players away.

OH YES THIS!
I also wanna say, some of us are getting their coin by crafting food buffs. When I first started and had nothing at all or no guild to back me up, potatoing was the easiest way to make some gold. Food buffs would always sell.

If there is a way for you to put quests back in once your at a certain level that'd be great. Because how it's build I'm over leveling areas to quickly and not really getting any story. Goes for the lore quests and such to, the overworld bosses aren't dropping any of the items needed to unlock secret quests prolly because I'm over leveled so I can decently solo them so I can see the secret quests they drop. That's been a bummer.

I only have 1 small request I would love to see a clown costume in the market place my dwarf needs one, other than that I think 4.0 will be a awesome experience thx....

I only have 1 small request I would love to see a clown costume in the market place my dwarf needs one, other than that I think 4.0 will be a awesome experience thx....
Clown costume? I don't remember the one. What's the exact costume name?

Lowering the anchor of a ship can now be canceled by a critical hit. This is applied to small warships and merchant ships. - Only makes sense if the merch gets the anchor.

Added a new "Wide View" mode in the options. This will allow you to see your character from a further distance, and will allow you to see more of the world around you. - not necessary, as we already have this?

Normal difficulty Palace Cellar, Sharpwind Mines, and Kroloal Cradle dungeons have been removed. - Not terribly bothered by this as anyone 4k gs or up shouldnt have trouble grouping with just a couple others and defeating them. Would be nice to see improved 'even-greaterer' dungeons for those of us tired of soloing greater dungeons. Archeage has a lack of variety once a certain gear level is reached and as far as i can tell nothing has really been done to address that on live.

"Working for the Territories" reward has been changed from a Territoken to a Damaged Territory Market Box. Spend 5 Gilda Stars to open the box and retrieve a Territoken. - No, just no.

Watering now costs labor - 1 labor for basic water, 10 labor for hauler water. - Seems unnecessary. Was the effect of watering improved?

Improved the War Drum by reducing crafting cost, changing the effects to grant Attack, Magic Attack, and Healing Power +5% with Received Damage -5%. The item is now consumable and can be used for 30 - Prefer the current drum, don't see how the change benefits anyone but just another gold/labor sink crafting them. (Edit for clarification: keep the buff change, but make it permanent)

Adjusted the Gilda Star Shop prices and items - Doesn't affect me personally, but seems like another barrier for new players trying to keep up. Efforts should be made to *improve* the player retention rate, not shit on it even more.

Added T2 Lunagem recipes at the Handicraft Kiln or Regal Handicraft desk. - Will these be added to the multipurpose bench too?

The changes to buffs are unfortunate, but probably necessary. It would be nice to be able to keep the defense pots however.

Last edited:
Improved the War Drum by reducing crafting cost, changing the effects to grant Attack, Magic Attack, and Healing Power +5% with Received Damage -5%. The item is now consumable and can be used for 30 - Prefer the current drum, don't see how the change benefits anyone but just another gold/labor sink crafting them.

Current drum is flat attack +5 & -2% received damage. That drum change is a heavy buff in both, attack and defensive stats.

Back