What's new

ArcheRage 4.0 Discussion

It'd be a healthier option than letting them continue tbh. Look at the current situation now. A nation of both East and West's top GS players sitting in a gear average of almost 6.5k is allied with a faction of potatoes and casuals to fight a faction of potatoes and casuals. They complain there's no one to fight, being all butt-hurt when they bring upwards of 40 to fight 10 and expect the 10 to be okay with being fish in a barrel for them to shoot. Meanwhile, they're comprised of the top GS players from the home factions. At no point have I seen anyone actually look around and say "you know, there's a lot of power here. We should split up and try to teach more people to play the game correctly so we can make our own PVP!" Instead, if a leader tries to step up they immediately squash any momentum, because they don't want PVP. They want more targets to 2-shot. Yeah, removing nations might make some of them quit, but is that a bad thing? The people who will quit with that decision will most likely be the toxic ones driving people away from the server in the first place. Those who stay would have more reason to train up the next generation of PVP players on both East and West. And we all know that's a necessity at this point.

This guy gets it.

So, I will bring this up again, because it's more relevant than ever on the eve of the impending Trino Unchanged server, AAfree, WoW Classic in full swing, and a couple somewhat hyped MMO's coming up. ArcheAge live is hitting 6.0 soon, with many great content and quality of life improvements. XLGames is still cranking out content. We are just barely hitting 4.0 in a month. Live is becoming tempting again for players. Low pay aspects, more cosmetic content, gear treadmill improvements, etc.

What is our roadmap/timeline for ArcheRage? We never got this. Instead, a basic upgrade from 3.5 to 4.0 has a 6-7 month gap. For what? I can understand a little spacing for certain ones that introduce huge gameplay, gearing, player power creep issues, maybe. But our cash shop content even has gotten stale and regurgitating the same basic stuff, even placing Ahnimar furniture for 250 credits that can be crafted for 10 gold of mats. Admins seem to be running out of worthy stuff to sell us. You know what will bring people back and get people spending again? Getting us closer to Live. Does it take 6-7 months to modify version patches? At this rate, we will never catch up. Nobody wants to invest in Rage to be strung along on updates over the promise of'what's to come in 1-3 years' at the rate of our patches. We got the controversial stuff out of the way. Trade system, Erenor, etc. At that point, you might as well get us into 4.5-5.2 era because Hiram really isn't that bad of a change at that point and will help a lot of players with the changes to Obsidian/Ayanad. We're constantly asking for features/cosmetics that we're told were 4.5/5.0/5.2, so what's holding you guys back at this point? We're all running low in morale at this point. I am a casual player but even I don't see myself sticking around at this point for patches that give me carebear QoL changes and cosmetic updates. I love the server, I generally like how the cash shop works over here(though it's in desperate need of some reworking/changes), and I like how we get customized content, but our player retention is becoming a huge issue, and it's making it hard for many to want to play without a strong community.

My only gripes with what I saw were as follows:

Watering now costs labor - 1 labor for basic water, 10 labor for hauler water.
Why would this be added? The simple act of watering is in itself a pain the ass as far as time. Potato players don't need this tax.

"Working for the Territories" reward has been changed from a Territoken to a Damaged Territory Market Box. Spend 5 Gilda Stars to open the box and retrieve a Territoken.
I Feel like this was intended for the significantly more populated servers. As it stand right now, alts are the vast majority of the workers on all of the castles. Implementing this is going to gimp both the castle owners AND the people working them. Just look at Lords Coin prices on live vs here. Live is heavily populated and were around 20g per LC, here they average around 150g. Don't implement this unless you want to see Erenor cost 270,000g just to craft.

Warehouses Raids have changed. When a warehouse is full, it will be vulnerable for 1 hour. Raided goods can no longer be returned to the warehouse - they can only be salvaged. The raided warehouse can be repaired with 15 Lord's Coins and it will take 46 hours to be fully repaired after being sacked.
While I can appreciate the reduction from 2 hrs to 1 hr on vulnerability, the rebuilding with LC seems like an unnecessary tax on the castle owners. Even if we can manage to salvage a stolen pack, that's still a 5 LC cost to be able to open it up again. As far as I've seen, the castle owners feed into each other's warehouse to maximize profit whether the owning guild likes it or not. My suggestion would be to either keep the current warehouse sacking system or just reduce the vulnerable time from 2h to 1h since we have a bit lower population here than what Live had.

Growthstones are now longer quest rewards, and can only be purchased from the Honor & Arena Shops.

This was a disappointing change on Live. People who aren't big on PVP, need those quest driven growthstones.

6) Growthstones are now longer quest rewards, and can only be purchased from the Honor & Arena Shops.
-Can we keep this via quests and world bosses? Things should not be made all about honor.

- Growthstones are now longer quest rewards, and can only be purchased from the Honor & Arena Shops.
"Can we keep this via quests and world bosses? Things should not be made all about honor"
- 100% agree here, adding them to the honor and arena shops is fine, but removing them and making them ONLY available in honor and arena shops is horrible, the people who actually need / make real use of these are still trying to get leveled up and do not have the gear to be competitive in pvp yet, and forcing any pre-existing pve content into a pvp only thing is just bad because some people really enjoy having good options in pve. While it is true this game is more about the pvp than pve, this game also has some of the best overall mechanics and capabilities of any mmo out there, so limiting the pve content makes no sense as it just limits/causes loss of interest from a chunk of the player base. And even if that chunk doesn't directly contribute to the overall pvp engame per se, they are contributing to the health of the economy and the crafting game which is important even to hardcore pvpers. (Note: this comment applies to anything of this order, not just the growthstones lol)

All of you mentioned this change from 4.0: “Growthstones are now longer quest rewards, and can only be purchased from the Honor & Arena Shops.”
Can you please clarify why this change is bad?
The only item that was provided for the quests is Adventurer's Growthstone. This item provides only +10.000 EXP to a player and costs only 500 Honor in the honor shop in 4.0.
It’s not difficult to receive 500 honor from mobs in 4.0 and killing mobs is not difficult for a new player and doesn’t require high GS or participation in pvp.

All of you mentioned this change from 4.0: “Growthstones are now longer quest rewards, and can only be purchased from the Honor & Arena Shops.”
The only item that was provided for the quests is Adventurer's Growthstone. This item provides only +10.000 EXP to a player and costs only 500 Honor in the honor shop in 4.0.
It’s not difficult to receive 500 honor from mobs in 4.0 and killing mobs is not difficult for a new player and doesn’t require high GS or participation in pvp.

It's mainly because a lot of other things were put in the honor store as well.. like the new gems. Furthermore, things like the warrior medal necklaces are going to require honor.

At first glance, it doesn't seem to be a problem because supposedly honor is easier to get.. But in my experience it wasn't actually easier to get. For example, CR turned into one quest, so less honor from there, then arena didn't give honor anymore as well, instead there's kyrios badges instead of warrior medals... So I point you towards my first post regarding this:

- imo, keep warrior medals and honor, instead of kyrios badges and honor..I mean, what's the point really? XD just same shit with different skin.. why change it....
->> "The Arena now has its own shop! Use your Kyrios Badges to purchase these PvP related items, including titles, instruments, and Stat Migration items. This shop can be accessed on the Arena Queue menu." / "Arenas now award Kyrios Badges instead of Honor Points"

Edit: TL;DR: if all those small items like exp stones also go in the honor store, those will be put aside by the items that require more honor and are more important, while those small items are usually really helpful to newer players.

This IS a good thing. Remember people, we're on a 4x XP server. After a month of playing even the most casual player can EASILY have maxed out xp on all classes and ancestral 7. After that it's nothing but a trash fodder or storage filler. I've thrown out 1000s of these things just to free up bagspace. Good riddance to them.

The companions growth stones can stay in whatever capacity they are tho. Those things are great.

Reactions: Hny
I agree with Crovus, the growthstones have no value here simply due to increased exp rates.
I am collecting these since I started playing here a year ago. I got about 6K of them. That is 6.000*10.000=60.000.000 EXP.
Crafting a tax cert costs me 300 labor and at ancestral 7, rewards me with 125.685 EXP, and that was with absolute zero labor exp boosts.
Those growstones would either have to be buffed to be worth it or they remain trash and can be removed from the game in my opinion. Spending labor generates more than enough EXP, and asking the devs to keep this change is unnecessary work for them. Not only because they have to customize it for this patch, but for all of the ones yet to come, too.

And yeah, the companion ones on the other hand can stay. Those are indeed really useful. AFAIK, you can only level your pets/mounts riding them or killing mobs. I don't think labor affects them.

Reactions: Hny
I agree with Crovus, the growthstones have no value here simply due to increased exp rates.
I am collecting these since I started playing here a year ago. I got about 6K of them. That is 6.000*10.000=60.000.000 EXP.
Crafting a tax cert costs me 300 labor and at ancestral 7, rewards me with 125.685 EXP, and that was with absolute zero labor exp boosts.
Those growstones would either have to be buffed to be worth it or they remain trash and can be removed from the game in my opinion. Spending labor generates more than enough EXP, and asking the devs to keep this change is unnecessary work for them. Not only because they have to customize it for this patch, but for all of the ones yet to come, too.

And yeah, the companion ones on the other hand can stay. Those are indeed really useful. AFAIK, you can only level your pets/mounts riding them or killing mobs. I don't think labor affects them.

Did you take into account that new players actually use the exp stones they get from wb and dungeon quests? :x

Potential custom add:

Merchant and tutoring cushions, if these could be made to follow house rules, that would be awesome. If the house is set to family or guild, or public, anyone could actually initiate the vendor/tutor rather than only the owner of the house.
Can you give me the examples of things already available in game that already work in the similar way you want the cushions to follow?

Can you give me the examples of things already available in game that already work in the similar way you want the cushions to follow?

Mostly interacting with furniture, like beds, chairs, workbenches. Also, registering ports at the hearth becomes available to family/guild/public when set to the specific settings.

Mostly interacting with furniture, like beds, chairs, workbenches. Also, registering ports at the hearth becomes available to family/guild/public when set to the specific settings.
Can you be more specific please?

Can you be more specific please?

First screenshot: the hearth to record portals on the left, and the other 2 are example of furniture that people can interact with.
Second screenshot: examples of workbenches -> artistry workbench, handicraft desk, complex processing shelf, supply manufacturer's workbench,

1569939713680.png

1569939805884.png

First screenshot: the hearth to record portals on the left, and the other 2 are example of furniture that people can interact with.
Second screenshot: examples of workbenches -> artistry workbench, handicraft desk, complex processing shelf, supply manufacturer's workbench,

View attachment 8762

View attachment 8763
I just needed the examples, like items names, as furniture or book is not very specific.
Edit: All the info I needed collected. Thank you.

Last edited:
Hello dear players and administration. I have an idea, maybe it can be implemented as this mechanic is present in the game. Many players strive to West because of the advantageous and safe transportation of packs, since after Halcyona war peacetime begins for 8.5 hours 2 times a day. Why not do the same for East? For example, we have a very large area in the Savannah for such an event. But it is advisable to make different awards and standing each other. Choose the right time for the events so as not to be late for other events or bosses.
And also I would like to know, it is possible to do all the events for all factions, i.e. and for PN too? That is, in order to win Halcyona war, where to break 2 archeum crystals for the entire war?

Did you take into account that new players actually use the exp stones they get from wb and dungeon quests? :x
It literally takes 2 days of fishing to reach lvl 52. Why is getting rid of those even a debate. Smarten up and worry about important things.

@Sparkle I have an important doubt, in the 4.0 of the official server the guilds have a maximum of 80 members, although it was not reflected in the patch notes. I know you have not put it in the notes, but ... here will be implemented to reduce the members to 80? or will we continue in 100?

@Sparkle I have an important doubt, in the 4.0 of the official server the guilds have a maximum of 80 members, although it was not reflected in the patch notes. I know you have not put it in the notes, but ... here will be implemented to reduce the members to 80? or will we continue in 100?
You are wrong about it. That change was implemented only in 4.5.

Back