What's new

ArcheRage 4.5: "Legends Return" - Pre-Update Official Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your exact words were 'don't nerf Erenor food exp'. So yes I was assuming you want it to stay as it is, as a nerf would be increasing feed cost.

But it doesn't matter really because you asked to ease up or remove the nerfs to stats entirely. So yes, you are asking for what I blamed you. If you revert the stat nerfs now, everyone with a legendary erenor now will have one at full strength and it took them 2/3 of it's supposed pricing.

Your exact words were 'don't nerf Erenor food exp'. So yes I was assuming you want it to stay as it is, as a nerf would be increasing feed cost.

But it doesn't matter really because you asked to ease up or remove the nerfs to stats entirely. So yes, you are asking for what I blamed you. If you revert the stat nerfs now, everyone with a legendary erenor now will have one at full strength and it took them 2/3 of it's supposed pricing.
The people who built the erenor didn't ask for the nerfs or the feed buffs. But yeah, makes total since in 5.2 when Hiram is stronger than Erenor due to the nerf ? Also, LOL @ 2/3 the cost. That's not how % and fractions work, And it's still 2-3x the cost of an obsidian stat equivalent just for a special skin.

• Erenor feeding: Allow different type of gear/weapon to be fed into a specific Erenor craft
    • would allow a broader offer in an already scarce market (I know it comes later, bring it now when it's needed)
  • T3 Lunagem crafting: reduction of the needed lunarite (ie: 50 -> 30) or/and increase their availability
    • adapting the offer/demand curve with the server ability to generate them
  • Dragon mount: tweak the aoe range/power of his skills
    • easing the enjoyment PVP in regards to average pop GS and implication + general feedback from @Wyatt
  • Hiram introduction: tweak the balance with Erenor/(Obsidian)
    • making both(all) of them a viable choice: on live, even T2 Erenor isn't appealing in regard to Hiram, let alone on here the current stat
  • Faction chat: keep it
    • already quiet, don't worsen the interaction of players

Last edited:
All of the points are viable except for the first @Whitehat . They’ve stated many times they won’t bring things from patches further in the future into patches that we are receiving now. Even costumes, which you’d think are the easiest thing to release early.

I am actually wondering what are the chances of creating recipes in existing crafts that make infusions or other Erenor & Hiram related consumables/feed/etc? And find a way to leave Obsidian in the game, though eventually that seems silly when you can convert them to infusions for Hiram or Erenor of your choice and they end up being better around T3-T4. (Though, I'd be sad to see the unique appearances of T7 armor be a bygone era, but already too few even bothered making T7 armor because the cost)

ie, lets make old systems work for the new, without nerfing the new to work with the old. Let's progress, not regress please.

It's past time to release a patch note and give a release date.
No it isn't. we've not given an eta for either other than in spring. So there is no time we have past.
Patch notes will be out when they are ready. Asking for them will not make them come sooner.

It's past time to release a patch note and give a release date.
1582239046982.png

Im totally late to the game in reading this thread, but I do have a few coppers to toss in:

Please stop nerfing things. Erenor is already nerfed, people are talking about a hiram nerf to keep it weaker than the nerfed erenor, all so people in obsidian can stay pvp competitive without having to upgrade their gear for 1-2 years? That's crazy. The bosses are taking buffs, we have new zones coming in the near future patches that will require actual power, and with 2/3 of the gear being nerfed, that sounds like a recipe for needless pain. Leave Obsidian crafting/tiering in the game. It's great and has its passives and benefits even against t3 and t4 hiram, but it shouldn't be made extra powerful by virtue of nerfing everything else.

Speaking of boss buffs... pvx high end content and WBs getting buffed and the HP regen is fine by me. Whatever. It gives geared players some pve challenges. But please consider not changing the CR/GR potato raid bosses. IIRC the changes to CR aren't just being able to pick up all 3 quests at once, it also allows players to fulfill the quests by killing any mobs in cinder/ynyster, which all but ends CR raids as a faction event. As for GR, right now, a medium sized raid of low and mid-geared players can achieve the bosses by themselves if they work together and with the mechanics. The HP regen that comes with the 4.5 buff makes it required for those raids to be carried by higher geared players who have their ancestral skills already. It always felt demeaning to me that they were blocked from being able to do it for themselves in a starter raid like GR, especially considering that most of the other WBs are put out of reach not just with the buffs but with the inclusion of shadow rifts which draw pvp that they're not necessarily ready for. So for the autonomy of the next generations of players, please consider leaving the CR/GR quests and bosses alone.

Finally, I dunno what you're going to do with the Red Dragon mounts. They were clearly way outta whack on live servers, and I dont know how best to fix it while still leaving a super awesome amazing incentive in the game for people playing at the top tiers of pvx. I did notice someone else pointing out that the dragons will likely only be available to a faction/nation enjoying free farm, which is not untrue, so leaving the mounts as-is runs the risk of doing what it did on the live servers.. it helped make those who were already the strongest even stronger, and less likely to be overthrown. Just something to think about *shrugs*

look forward to the patch notes soon™

Dragons are a huge investment. If you dont grow all the mats and buy them instead, its over 200k gold just to grow the dragon, not including the 50 ridges for the Eternal Flame Scroll. Lets say you buy all 50 for 3k, which is the average AH price, thats another 150k, so 350k just to raise it. Then one month later you need to spend more gold to buy 50 more ridges on another Eternal Flame Scroll, and then repeat that every month after. The armor is another40ridges. If your going to nerf dragons, then you need to nerf the amount of ridges required for the Eternal Flame Scroll, and the dragon armor. Even if dragons aren't nerfed, the amount of ridges should be.

Last edited:
I just found out that Hiram & Erenor infusion crafting is a thing in actual official live patches, which before I suggested being able to craft them with relevant crafting professions as an alternate way to raise our gear and keep some of the professions/mats in demand or in use. So now my suggestion is, can we maybe have a slightly watered down version of that system implemented/created earlier in our client until the full range of Hiram & Erenor infusions are craftable and salvageable?

I just found out that Hiram & Erenor infusion crafting is a thing in actual official live patches, which before I suggested being able to craft them with relevant crafting professions as an alternate way to raise our gear and keep some of the professions/mats in demand or in use. So now my suggestion is, can we maybe have a slightly watered down version of that system implemented/created earlier in our client until the full range of Hiram & Erenor infusions are craftable and salvageable?
Hiram infusions are not craftable. Neither are erenor infusions.
You can salvage Hiram infusions from Obsidian gear in 5.0.
Erenor infusions can be salvaged from world boss class gear and obsidian gear. Also in 5.0
Infusions can be upgraded. But not outright crafted.

To inform players on how 4.5 will launch I shall explain a few of the core parts here.
ArcheAge 4.5's live release was split into 5 phases.
These phases were a set of updates to the fresh start server that were made to unlock content over a period of time. However the 5th phase never happened and everything was opened at the 4th

Our 4.5 will include the first 3 phases.
The 4th phase which is the only phase to add additional content and was a later update to both the legacy and fresh start servers will come shortly after. Within a couple months after 4.5.
This 4th phase is referred to as patch 4.7 by us.

To bring up what this 4.7 update adds.
Hiram Awakening scrolls. With the 4.5 release awakening scrolls are not yet present. So Hiram is limited to Celestial Tier 1. Guardian Hiram Gear.
The ability to roll for the synthesis affects on hiram gear. This is done with serendipity stones
The new "Defiance" skill
A small amount of skill changes
Grid based planting.
Dungeon changes.
Not all of the changes from this update will be applied as some are focused only on trying to manage game balance on the fresh start server and since we will not be having a fresh start there is no point for them.

Things relating to the 4.7 update will be discussed after 4.5s release

As things progress with working on the 4.5 update finalised patch notes may be posted within the coming week or 2. This is not a confirmed date and only an eta. As such may change.

The links to the 3 phases can be found below
Phase 1-3

Last edited by a moderator:
Our 4.5 will include the first 3 phases.
The 4th phase which is the only phase to add additional content and was a later update to both the legacy and fresh start servers will come shortly after. Within a couple months after 4.5.
This 4th phase is referred to as patch 4.7 by us.

Things relating to the 4.7 update should be discussed here as well.
If we are not receiving 4.7 bundled together with 4.5 - why should we be discussing the 4.7 changes here?

Is 4.7 planned to be released shortly after 4.5? potentially a month or two down the line?

I'm just curious as to why we would have discussion for two separate updates which will be implemented at different times on the same thread.

Lastly, I am under the impression that the weapon speed/modifier changes are a part of either phase 4 or 5, can you confirm this?

Last edited:
If we are not receiving 4.7 bundled together with 4.5 - why should we be discussing the 4.7 changes here?

Is 4.7 planned to be released shortly after 4.5? potentially a month or two down the line?

I'm just curious as to why we would have discussion for two separate updates which will be implemented at different times on the same thread.

Lastly, I am under the impression that the weapon speed/modifier changes are a part of either phase 4 or 5, can you confirm this?
4.7 is an extension to 4.5. Not an entirely seperate update like 4.5 to 5.0

As to when it would come I answered that in the post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back