What's new

ArcheRage 4.5: "Legends Return" - Pre-Update Official Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
To bring up what this 4.7 update adds.
Hiram Awakening scrolls. With the 4.5 release awakening scrolls are not yet present. So Hiram is limited to Celestial Tier 1. Guardian Hiram Gear.
Pretty frustrating having been told divine t2 hiram was coming next patch, and discussing all of this just for it to not be true :/

4.7 is an extension to 4.5. Not an entirely seperate update like 4.5 to 5.0

As to when it would come I answered that in the post.
I am under the impression that the weapon speed/modifier changes are a part of either phase 4 or 5, can you confirm this?

Pretty frustrating having been told divine t2 hiram was coming next patch, and discussing all of this just for it to not be true :/
All the basic updates that are included into 4.5 were posted by me in THIS thread on January, 30th, for the players better understanding what will be included.
They, however, don't include any custom updates or changes. Those will be posted very soon.

If we are not receiving 4.7 bundled together with 4.5 - why should we be discussing the 4.7 changes here?

Is 4.7 planned to be released shortly after 4.5? potentially a month or two down the line?

I'm just curious as to why we would have discussion for two separate updates which will be implemented at different times on the same thread.

Lastly, I am under the impression that the weapon speed/modifier changes are a part of either phase 4 or 5, can you confirm this?
There is no need to discuss the later updates right now, but if you or any other players already shared their opinion regarding the post 4.5 updates, we'll take them into the account when we start working on that later updates.

I like the idea of splitting the patches in regards of t1 & t2 hiram. Let's you progress into hiram and re-gear without knowing that your current gear becomes worthless overnight.

Ah yes, I can't wait to get T2 Hiram that is barely better than my T5 Divine in 6 months, T3 Hiram in 12 months, and T4 hiram in 18 months..

Hiram infusions are not craftable. Neither are erenor infusions.
You can salvage Hiram infusions from Obsidian gear in 5.0.
Erenor infusions can be salvaged from world boss class gear and obsidian gear. Also in 5.0
Infusions can be upgraded. But not outright crafted.
Yes, they can. But my original suggestion was to make recipes where you could craft them with the gear crafting related skills, as I REFERENCED IN MY POST YOU REPLIED TO.

Yes, they can. But my original suggestion was to make recipes where you could craft them with the gear crafting related skills, as I REFERENCED IN MY POST YOU REPLIED TO.
The crafting recipes you're talking about are from 6.0 and use materials from the new castle system, and they take alchemy proficiency.

Frankly speaking, infusions for erenor shouldn't be added in the first place and the cap for infusing should never be raised to 6 at at time. With the reduced exp cost already it'll make it FAR too easy for people to get eternals without much effort, it'd be very bad for server health. And since future patches are being brought up there's a series of bugs in upcoming patches relating to erenor that need to absolutely be fixed since I know several people ready to abuse them:

-In one of the upcoming patches you can feed lower tier erenor infusions into higher tier erenor gear, allowing you to immediately go from nothing all the way up to eternal using just celestial erenor infusions.

-Opening up the menu that lets you infuse, putting one item or infusion in, and then clicking the honor store button will let you re-insert it multiple times (giving you 6x from just 1 item when the game starts letting you infuse 6 at a time).

-If you open the infuse menu next to a dungeon, put your infusions into the menu, "create" the dungeon instance, and then hit the infuse button so that the cast bar starts right before you hit the loading screen it'll infuse them but not take any of the items away. So you can just freely re-infuse them and abuse that.

@Sparkle @Sjinderson I hope these bugs and the many others that are very well documented from live are fixed so that when these patches come they can be fixed prior.

The crafting recipes you're talking about are from 6.0 and use materials from the new castle system, and they take alchemy proficiency.
You also did not read anything I said and stating info I already know and referenced knowing.

Also, if you think infusions for Erenor shouldn't exist, but think they should stay with Hiram, that makes no sense when Hiram gets just as disgusting as Erenor someday, which is why they had to make a T2 Erenor lmao

Also, if you think infusions for Erenor shouldn't exist, but think they should stay with Hiram, that makes no sense when Hiram gets just as disgusting as Erenor someday, which is why they had to make a T2 Erenor lmao
You're putting words in my mouth that simply weren't said in my post (not surprising knowing your kind), in fact my post had nothing to do hiram nor does it express my opinions of t4 hiram (as that's something from much later on, a year or two away at best).

They expressed their reasoning mostly behind the bugs that were apart of the later versions as their explanation of why not to add them. The point of it being easier was secondary to that.

Now while such systems are far down the road and not open for patch discussion yet I will keep in mind what you've said about the bugs for then

They expressed their reasoning mostly behind the bugs that were apart of the later versions as their explanation of why not to add them. The point of it being easier was secondary to that.

Now while such systems are far down the road and not open for patch discussion yet I will keep in mind what you've said about the bugs for then
Sjinderson you just said they don't exist.

(not surprising knowing your kind),
What is my "kind" ?

Frankly speaking, infusions for erenor shouldn't be added in the first place and the cap for infusing should never be raised to 6 at at time. With the reduced exp cost already it'll make it FAR too easy for people to get eternals without much effort, it'd be very bad for server health. And since future patches are being brought up there's a series of bugs in upcoming patches relating to erenor that need to absolutely be fixed since I know several people ready to abuse them:

-In one of the upcoming patches you can feed lower tier erenor infusions into higher tier erenor gear, allowing you to immediately go from nothing all the way up to eternal using just celestial erenor infusions.

-Opening up the menu that lets you infuse, putting one item or infusion in, and then clicking the honor store button will let you re-insert it multiple times (giving you 6x from just 1 item when the game starts letting you infuse 6 at a time).

-If you open the infuse menu next to a dungeon, put your infusions into the menu, "create" the dungeon instance, and then hit the infuse button so that the cast bar starts right before you hit the loading screen it'll infuse them but not take any of the items away. So you can just freely re-infuse them and abuse that.

@Sparkle @Sjinderson I hope these bugs and the many others that are very well documented from live are fixed so that when these patches come they can be fixed prior.
Do you remember what patch had that bugs?

Hiram infusions are not craftable. Neither are erenor infusions.
You can salvage Hiram infusions from Obsidian gear in 5.0.
Erenor infusions can be salvaged from world boss class gear and obsidian gear. Also in 5.0
Infusions can be upgraded. But not outright crafted.
So you didn't say this, Sjinderson?

And I didn't say what it involves, what proficiency it involves, or what patch it starts, because that's not what I'm asking.

And what part of that says they don't exist.
There is a difference in not craftable and not existing.

Your question of adding things early no. Nothing is going to get added early.
Erenor infusions are not apart of the game until 5.0 when gear can be converted and not crafted until what would be 6.0 which is an update far away enough for AR I do not consider anything from it as something to happen yet. So yes I've made a mistake by saying they're not craftable. They're not craftable. Or relevant to 4.5

Hiram infusions are also not in the first 3 phases of 4.5.
They come later with 4.7 and in 4.5 hiram gear is synthesised with other hiram gear. (It does not need to be the same type of piece. Armour can feed Weapons and visa-versa)

Ah yes, I can't wait to get T2 Hiram that is barely better than my T5 Divine in 6 months, T3 Hiram in 12 months, and T4 hiram in 18 months..

Divine T2 is better than a few legendary Obsidian T7 / Ayanad or Erenor items already, don't act like it is utter trash.
Even some Celestial T1s could be considered better, with the only downside being that it would lower your armor grade buff and have -1 gem slot, but for any starter, the gear can be fantastic if you chose the right pieces.
You can roll 6% backstab damage, 9.6% healing on belt & guards, chose 2 effects from crit dmg/rate, (magic-)defpen, cast-time, attack speed on whatever weapon type (shortspear, dagger, scepter, club..) + basic stats (stam, agi, str, int, spi.)
Certain pieces of it are very strong and T3 will make obsidian even more obsolete.
So if you still think Hiram T2 is shit compared to obsidian or not worth waiting for, then quit being lazy and upgrade your divine T5 instead of sitting on it for another decade. Nothing is holding you back from doing so.
You're just looking forward to the devs rushing out high-tier hiram because you want gear that requires little work but can still compete to current gear that took a far larger investment for players to obtain.

https ://archeagecalculator .com/#

I recommend you to play around with this calculator a little to get an idea about what divine T2 hiram is capable off. The stats might not be 1:1 as we'll have it, but they are quite accurate nonetheless.

Last edited:
And what part of that says they don't exist.
There is a difference in not craftable and not existing.

Your question of adding things early no. Nothing is going to get added early.
Erenor infusions are not apart of the game until 5.0 when gear can be converted and not crafted until what would be 6.0 which is an update far away enough for AR I do not consider anything from it as something to happen yet. So yes I've made a mistake by saying they're not craftable. They're not craftable. Or relevant to 4.5

Hiram infusions are also not in the first 3 phases of 4.5.
They come later with 4.7 and in 4.5 hiram gear is synthesised with other hiram gear. (It does not need to be the same type of piece. Armour can feed Weapons and visa-versa)
I'm not interested in Erenor infusions Sjinderson. Nor am I looking for the full system of craftable infusions to be added based around Alchemy.

Let me really dumb this down for you. Players want proficiency and crafting to matter after 4.5 more than just Erenor, I suggested adding new recipes that use the original relevant gear crafting skills(tailoring, handicraft, metalwork, weaponsmithing, etc) to play some sort of part in the Hiram system, such as perhaps infusions.

What you have suggested is added recipes to the consumables and infusions for erenor and hiram and do not nerf hiram. Lift the erenor nerf.
Which the consumables are infusions.

So what you've asked is for recipes for infusions. Said infusions which are not apart of 4.5s release and come after.

They are not apart of 4.5 so its not up for discussion in a 4.5 related thread.
It comes later

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back