What's new

ArcheRage 4.5: "Legends Return" - Pre-Update Official Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hiram is a far cheaper way to get decent gear than crafted. The whole point behind this was so that new players on a 5 year old KR server could feasibly catch up to veteran players. That, and selling a lot of labor potions because it uses a ton of labor.
Hiram gear at launch has basically undermined the entire economy. So many items that used to be worth a lot are now worth less than their vendor price, because it's far more expensive to get erenor than Hiram, so no one bothers with crafted gear because it will set them behind for years before they catch up. There's no point in going into many proficiencies as a result of Hiram.
Instead of a diverse crafting economy in which all the mats are gathered from various activities like trade runs, farming, and crafting, and used to make intermediate products, which are made into gear, we have a game where you run dailies for hours for gold and infusions, spend a ton of gold and labor, and you get your gear.
It's in the game as a means to gear up without being absurdly rich. That by itself defines it as catch up gear.
It is easier to obtain than erenor. So yes, it is. Ive played since 1.0.
Do I like hiram? Nope. I didnt even like obsidian. I miss the days where you actually had to use your professions and earn a living in archeage. Now you just grind dailies and synthesis gear based on time spent.

I am absolutely against Hiram. It's a superstition that new players can better catch up with. When Hiram is collected, the stronger one kills them. This was the case on the Life server and will not change here. The market economy was destroyed by Hiram. Everything that made up the game was gone with Hiram.
A little question about that. If most of the coral has been removed, why do you need water houses or farms? This game now has unique features that no other game has to offer. But there are a thousand games in which you can collect armor
Greeting
Translate with google

Maybe if admins want to keep Hiram in they can make it require mats that are used In crafting because I honestly believe the last 2 posts are correct and Hiram will destroy crafting . Even more so that they will be releasing the divine grade. Also so will the ptw boxes as they do give stuff that is required for crafting. Essence and points will become even more useless than it is now.

Deflection? From what?

I explained the gods whip buff mechanic to you, never said it takes mages ~8 seconds to do gods whips, I just said they can extend it to those lengths if desired.

I am very confused here.

You stated you arnt attached to pn 1 so I asked for your in game name or guild it’s what I meant . Anyways I do not care anymore and we should get back to the point of this thread .

A little question about that. If most of the coral has been removed, why do you need water houses or farms?

In 6.0, maybe a patch before, you use corals to craft lunafrosts, if I remember correct. Also, the Tidal is still super useful for handing in your own fish, and there's the barnacles that grow on them.

So, don't worry, these houses won't be redundant.

In 6.0, maybe a patch before, you use corals to craft lunafrosts, if I remember correct. Also, the Tidal is still super useful for handing in your own fish, and there's the barnacles that grow on them.

So, don't worry, these houses won't be redundant.

Then why do you need these barnacles? The only sensible thing is shell dust. Thanks to Hiram, they are hardly used or not used at all. You don't need a bungalow to give up fish.
I see no reason to break the unique game here as much as on the life server.

Something I'd like to open discussion on from the get go: the cost of t3 lunagems.

By default the recipe for a T3 Lunagem = 1x Sealed T2 Lunagem + 50x Superior "Type"glow Lunarite + 30x Sturdy Ingots

T2 Lunagems are pretty expensive as is at 20x "Type"glow Lunarite each.

Using 7day average prices as of 5:11 PM EST 1/31/20:
50x Fireglow: (46g each) = 2300g
50x Waveglow: (2g each) = 100g
50x Galeglow: (22g each) = 1100g
50x Sunglow: (68g each) = 3400g
50x Earthglow: (65g each) = 3250g
50x Copperglow: (63g each) = 3150g

The aforementioned figures solely encompass the approximate lunarite costs from advancing a gem from T2 -> T3, assuming you already have the T2 and 30x sturdy ingots.

Based on these costs, it's probably fair to say that full gemming is out of reach for many players. A full kit of T3 gems will likely costs more gold than the very armor (maybe not weapons) they are being socketed into, not to mention the raw gold cost of socketing. I could also delve into speculation about how this crazy demand for T3 gem lunarite will also drive the individual prices of lunarite up (resulting in even higher costs), but that is beside the point as these costs at current prices are already quite high.

Ex: T3 Earthglow Lunagem: Resilience gives 528 resilience, lots of players will have to make an entire set of earthglow gems from scratch due to being full gemmed with the old honor (now kyrios badge) 480 resilience gems.

My proposition is to simply reduce the cost of the T2 -> T3 upgrade recipe from 50x Superior "Type"glow Lunarite to 30x Superior "Type"glow Lunarite. In conclusion, the T2 -> T3 upgrade would still be more expensive than a T2 itself, but not absurdly costly.

I understand your point and if it is really expensive to make a lunagem tier 3 in the next patch, but that is not a good reason to modify the recipe. Keep in mind that Lunagem Tier 3 is the last gem until patch 6.0 and even in Kr there are no new gems yet. Do not try to remove the entire contents of the patch at a stroke or moderately fast, you will have plenty of time to make all your tier 3 gems and even in 5.0 you will have the lunagem honor version that is very similar to tier 3 and does not need much gold spending . By the way also in 5.0 you will have the unification of all the lunarites in one, so lunagem costs are very low.
it is true that there are many people with saved gold who can afford lunagem tier 3 fast in 4.5 but that is either well-known their legitimate gold or they bought / sold credits but again that does not imply lowering the recipe to obtain the final lunagem of the game or at less until the officer's current patches. everything has its time.

Creating an example to illustrate this thought:

Let's assume I have to push the 7 T2 Earthglow Gems in my Chest and the 5 T2 Earthglow Gems in my Boots to T3 in 4.5:

1. In order to farm the amount of prestige necessary to upgrade (not even start new gems from scratch if you had old honor gems), you would need 600 superior earthglow lunarite (18,000 prestiage). If you farmed 100 prestige a day, which is a generous figure, this would take 180 days to gather since the only reliable source of earth lunarite is the prestige shop.

2. If you were one of the more unfortunate players, and you had to start your 7 chest gems from scratch since you had old honor gems and then also upgrade your boots gems from T2 to T3, you'd need 740 superior earthglow lunarite (22,200 prestige) = 222 days, or about 7.5 months worth of farming 100 prestige a day.

3. If you were a new player and had to make a new set of boots and chest gems (let's assume you could manage to fully gem your pants with the kyrios badge 353 toughness gems), you'd need 840 superior earthglow lunarite (25,200 prestige) = 252 days, or about 8.4 months of farming 100 prestige a day.

---

Farming the gems for 2 pieces of gear (let alone the rest of a entire set: other armor, weapons, bow flute, undergarments...) through natural means taking half of a year or more, even in a conservative scenario such as the first I mentioned, is absurd.

About prestige gems, you are right, need a huge amount of prestige to gemmed, for example, a chest with tier 3 gems, but you are giving a very bad example. First, it is the case of making the gems only by getting daily prestige, what does the rest of the day do? does not make gold? if you want to twin you will not spend gold on it? second, suppose someone wants to make their gems only using prestige, the truth that makes it very bad if the only thing he uses is the prestige of a pj, you can create characters in the same account up to 5 additional ones without counting the principal and draw at least 10 of prestige only by doing the daily experience quest and you will get 50 additional prestige per day. but again it would be very crazy to think that someone wants to make their gems only by spending prestige but hey, as I said above in 5.0 the lunarites will join and change the costs of these.
I am objective in giving an opinion so I will also propose some help for the lunagem in this case, since it is quite hard to obtain the t3 gems although I consider that the cost is good because they are the last gems of the game, they could add to the kyrios store superior earth glow for a reasonable amount of yrios badge after all these gems are for pvp and it would make sense to be there.

My legendary offhands are useless if i compare them to divine hiram :]. I will just feed my 3 lege obsidians T7 into erenor cuz i dont see hiram nerfed by 50% happen. 1 statistic and 2 efects vs 1 stat and 1 efect. hiram 1 obsidian 0. Looks like i will be voting to unnerf erenor cuz i dont see any way of balancing obsidian and hiram and erenor at same time.

I do not want to waste much time on this but hey, you have to give the numbers well so that you do not make any mistakes in custom changes.
In a previous post you put that hiram divine tier 2 was better than a legendary t7 obsidian, very good post with images of thinking showing your mistake, even so you said that you didn't say it for yourself since you have money to rebuild your equip and you said it for People who don't have the money (I guess it was a joke xD). The reality is that if it is about you and a non-objective personal complaint. First, I have shown that in terms of main hand, legendary t7 is better. now you talk about offhand and that if it is true in most cases hiram will be better because of the statistics it offers since being offhand you don't mind dps but ... hiram does not require gold so you only see and take it out, and so you can see it is about you say you will go for erenor but erenor for offhand? xD gives worse statistics even obsessing in the case of offhand without saying that it is super expensive. so if you want to think about people who don't have as much money as you hiram is better for them in case of offhand and a very cheap way :)

Hiram doesn't actually get close to obsi until later patches? And maybe there's people who don't want to grind all that stuff but use obsi rn?

As said before in the thread about hiram gear, the slow removal of obsi gear would remove an element of choice from the sandbox game.

Just as that this sandbox would get less sandbox with faction chat removed (community gets a LOT smaller), guild cap being decreased, crime points being increased so massively... There's just so many things that made this game enjoyable because of free choice, that 4.5 either removed or started removing. I say, no thank you.

It's not the first time I read the argument that "Hiram removes sandbox from the game" and I really don't understand it. I can only think of two things you have obsidian t7 and you don't want to hiram so that your team is still strong even though almost 3 whole patches have been strong and making all future patches with new content useless. or the second case that you don't see the whole picture because you don't like the changes, I hope it's the second case.
to get into the subject do you really have sandbox with obisidian? in terms of hiram equipment gives much more sandbox, do not just look at the name of the equip. the fact that everyone uses hiram in 4.5 does not mean there is no sandbox, now with obsidian for example if I play healer(or any other class) I have to go for obsidian cloth, where is the sandbox there? If I want to go for a healer plate or leather, can I do it with obsidian? or even with ayanad? I can't because there is no version that gives me spirit. I don't see the sandbox when they force me to go for a single equip and I can't choose if I want to go full spirit to say something. Now let's take hiram I can go with the one I want, I just need to roll the stats and it doesn't matter if it's cloth, leather or plate. It is true that maybe the best option is to go for cloth but still I can go what I want even if it is not the best option, i can go full spirit if I want it, I can go 70% spirit 30% stamina, I can go as I want, isn't that what you ask? and really ... that, in terms of equipment, is not sandbox? don't stay in the name ^^

well since we are talking about hiram I will put my grain of sand.
I previously posted a post about this and as everyone asked for nerf nerf nerf nerf hiram and buff buff buff obsidian: v, much to my regret I put with images and numbers a possible nerf of 10% to hiram just like the erenor currently has, they can See it here if you wish https://na.archerage.to/forums/threads/4-5-hiram.9228/page-5#post-73104
Anyway I put my objective opinion at the end and I will expose here again, you should not touch hiram in this patch. In 4.5 we will only have hiram t2 divine which is equivalent to a divine ayanad but as someone say before this can not have tempering so it will only serve as a good offhand and for new players, I hope they come with this patch. therefore no nerf a hiram is necessary in this patch and you can see the numbers in my post above n.n
I invite everyone to think well what they ask, as Sjinderson said (I think it was him) "When giving any suggestions about changes, think how this would affect future patches as well." I say this because they ask nerf nerf and more nerf, I ask them what they will do when the patches advance and when the time for hiram t4 eternal arrives, will they ask even more nerf for hiram? Will they ask for obsidian buff? if my memory does not fail obsidian has been with us since patch 3.0 how much longer do you want obsidian to be strong? And not only what they will do when the library team comes? what will they do with erenor t2, which will have better statistics like hiram and much more dps ??? a super nerf and a super buff obsidian ??? but I understand them, we all dedicate time to get our equipment, however realize what nerf after nerf after nerf implies.
In my opinion, the best option is to leave hiram as it is in patch 4.5 and 5.0 when hiram epic t3 is available, remove the nerf from erenor. So you avoid a headache with the new equipment that comes in future patches with library t1 and t2, hiram t4 and erenor t2. why in 5.0? because you will already have a good base that has hiram and you give everything 4.5 so that everyone can take out the equipment and in 5.0 you make the change to hiram or erenor. if you have obsidian you can use it to gain exp in both hiram and erenor. and if possible maintain the required -30% exp benefit in the other way if there would be a lot of difference with those who took out their land before and thus benefit both parties. On the one hand the people who already had erenor are no longer nerf and on the other hand the people who have no erenor, and want to go for it, still have that benefit of exp by an endgame weapon. In addition you still have hiram para the people who do not wish to spend so much gold to make an erenor. In my opinion this would be the best option.

It's not the first time I read the argument that "Hiram removes sandbox from the game" and I really don't understand it. I can only think of two things you have obsidian t7 and you don't want to hiram so that your team is still strong even though almost 3 whole patches have been strong and making all future patches with new content useless. or the second case that you don't see the whole picture because you don't like the changes, I hope it's the second case.
to get into the subject do you really have sandbox with obisidian? in terms of hiram equipment gives much more sandbox, do not just look at the name of the equip. the fact that everyone uses hiram in 4.5 does not mean there is no sandbox, now with obsidian for example if I play healer(or any other class) I have to go for obsidian cloth, where is the sandbox there? If I want to go for a healer plate or leather, can I do it with obsidian? or even with ayanad? I can't because there is no version that gives me spirit. I don't see the sandbox when they force me to go for a single equip and I can't choose if I want to go full spirit to say something. Now let's take hiram I can go with the one I want, I just need to roll the stats and it doesn't matter if it's cloth, leather or plate. It is true that maybe the best option is to go for cloth but still I can go what I want even if it is not the best option, i can go full spirit if I want it, I can go 70% spirit 30% stamina, I can go as I want, isn't that what you ask? and really ... that, in terms of equipment, is not sandbox? don't stay in the name ^^

well since we are talking about hiram I will put my grain of sand.
I previously posted a post about this and as everyone asked for nerf nerf nerf nerf hiram and buff buff buff obsidian: v, much to my regret I put with images and numbers a possible nerf of 10% to hiram just like the erenor currently has, they can See it here if you wish https://na.archerage.to/forums/threads/4-5-hiram.9228/page-5#post-73104
Anyway I put my objective opinion at the end and I will expose here again, you should not touch hiram in this patch. In 4.5 we will only have hiram t2 divine which is equivalent to a divine ayanad but as someone say before this can not have tempering so it will only serve as a good offhand and for new players, I hope they come with this patch. therefore no nerf a hiram is necessary in this patch and you can see the numbers in my post above n.n
I invite everyone to think well what they ask, as Sjinderson said (I think it was him) "When giving any suggestions about changes, think how this would affect future patches as well." I say this because they ask nerf nerf and more nerf, I ask them what they will do when the patches advance and when the time for hiram t4 eternal arrives, will they ask even more nerf for hiram? Will they ask for obsidian buff? if my memory does not fail obsidian has been with us since patch 3.0 how much longer do you want obsidian to be strong? And not only what they will do when the library team comes? what will they do with erenor t2, which will have better statistics like hiram and much more dps ??? a super nerf and a super buff obsidian ??? but I understand them, we all dedicate time to get our equipment, however realize what nerf after nerf after nerf implies.
In my opinion, the best option is to leave hiram as it is in patch 4.5 and 5.0 when hiram epic t3 is available, remove the nerf from erenor. So you avoid a headache with the new equipment that comes in future patches with library t1 and t2, hiram t4 and erenor t2. why in 5.0? because you will already have a good base that has hiram and you give everything 4.5 so that everyone can take out the equipment and in 5.0 you make the change to hiram or erenor. if you have obsidian you can use it to gain exp in both hiram and erenor. and if possible maintain the required -30% exp benefit in the other way if there would be a lot of difference with those who took out their land before and thus benefit both parties. On the one hand the people who already had erenor are no longer nerf and on the other hand the people who have no erenor, and want to go for it, still have that benefit of exp by an endgame weapon. In addition you still have hiram para the people who do not wish to spend so much gold to make an erenor. In my opinion this would be the best option.

can't read a wall of text, sorry, any tl:dr?

and it DOES remove an element of choice, I mean, I did CHOOSE obsi over ayanad?? and choice is part of sandbox? x) I still think it's fair to try keep everything in the game, because as many people said, we did choose this server because the later patches disappointed us so.

can't read a wall of text, sorry, any tl:dr?

and it DOES remove an element of choice, I mean, I did CHOOSE obsi over ayanad?? and choice is part of sandbox? x) I still think it's fair to try keep everything in the game, because as many people said, we did choose this server because the later patches disappointed us so.
I never said that they eliminate obsidian, in fact they should leave the recipe and not delete / change their buffs as it happens in later patches, just do not touch hiram to keep obsidian strong
if they go to the real numbers some obsidian pieces still work despite having eternal hiram, I myself have an almost end game build with an obsidian t7 piece despite everything n.n

I never said that they eliminate obsidian, in fact they should leave the recipe and not delete / change their buffs as it happens in later patches, just do not touch hiram to keep obsidian strong
if they go to the real numbers some obsidian pieces still work despite having eternal hiram, I myself have an almost end game build with an obsidian t7 piece despite everything n.n

ahh okay yea that's basically how I feel about it too

Again a balance of obsidian, ayanad and hiram needs to come out. Why would anyone choose a rng based gear over hiram when hiram stats are better to begin with and wont break?
Variety is nice, it makes people do different things to achieve the same goal of better gear, it keeps a reason to craft when Ayanad still beats hiram and obsidian and the people who work harder then others want that(or make a lot more money).
Getting rid of Ayanad(because why would ppl go Ayanad when hiram is easier and still decently strong) and Obsidian takes so much variety out of the game, and makes it boring and just a daily simulator. I dont know why anyone wants that boring crap. AAU was utterly boring when i tested it out, would have been different if you could craft some stuff for hiram exp.
We came to AR to get away from AA and now AAU, why do we want that crap patches here?

I do not want to waste much time on this but hey, you have to give the numbers well so that you do not make any mistakes in custom changes.
In a previous post you put that hiram divine tier 2 was better than a legendary t7 obsidian, very good post with images of thinking showing your mistake, even so you said that you didn't say it for yourself since you have money to rebuild your equip and you said it for People who don't have the money (I guess it was a joke xD). The reality is that if it is about you and a non-objective personal complaint. First, I have shown that in terms of main hand, legendary t7 is better. now you talk about offhand and that if it is true in most cases hiram will be better because of the statistics it offers since being offhand you don't mind dps but ... hiram does not require gold so you only see and take it out, and so you can see it is about you say you will go for erenor but erenor for offhand? xD gives worse statistics even obsessing in the case of offhand without saying that it is super expensive. so if you want to think about people who don't have as much money as you hiram is better for them in case of offhand and a very cheap way :)

I play archer and most old players know that, offhads weapons 2 of them. I am looking from my perspective so 2 offhands weapons that i use are lege t7 and they will be worse than hiram T2 i didint ment my main weapon that is bow.

Pretty much nobody ever wants change. They want to keep the same armor they had 2 years ago, and don't like that they have to get back on the gear treadmill to stay competitive.

So I actually suggest we revert the server to 1.4, before Auroria, before Ayanad, before Obsidian, before Sieges, before Serpentis. Everyone can cap out at Delphinad, we can have 15 total costumes in the game again, and healers can be mindless healbots and not be allowed to participate in doing damage or enjoying their life.

The TTK (time to kill) in ArcheAge is absurdly low, if anything, players should be rewarded for being able to outmaneuver their opponents with various mounts, gliders, and effects.

TTK in 4.5 and if your build is correct is quite high, honestly.. like way higher....
Anyway you forgot to add keybinds and macroes to the list, wich is not for everybody to use correctly, doesn't change what it is and the fact those are not allowed.

Hiram T1 & T2 needs to come unchanged. I think Obsidian needs to go ahead and start being phased out, otherwise future patches won't make any sense, especially when the library and dungeon armors change. Regarding Hiram, my only concern with the system is that it heavily relied on cash shop for infusions, drop rates, crystallization stuff, etc. That kinda worries me here if the reliance on cash shop for Hiram supplies could be relaxed just a little.

Erenor nerfs need to be removed or progressively eased out. Eventually, we will run into the issue that T3 Hiram is STRONGER than a 10% nerf Erenor, easier/cheaper to obtain and feed, and ALSO has a unique skin, so you can no longer claim Erenor is crafted only for appearance and deserves the perpetual nerf. To add to that, we'll later get to the issue that T4 Hiram = T2 Erenor if there's a 10% nerf, yet requires half the investment of time and money. Kinda bizarre, right? Also, the "less exp to level" and "lower cost/exp bonus" on feeding doesn't justify the nerfs. I also don't think Erenor feeding nerfs in 4.5 were really necessary from any standpoint.

Invincibility/Invisibility doesn't really need to happen. I pve and pvp. I don't think we have much of an invince issue anymore, the Ravenspine changes were enough. I think that its unnecessary or maybe not implemented as drastically. I am more concerned about immunity from being chain cc'd being gutted. 4.0 is already a CC shitshow.

Crimes Changes I slightly agree with, it'll make those who want to gank or steal packs have to weigh the cost of their actions just a bit more. However, I think the increase to 5 for assault and 50 points for murder is extremely excessive. If anything, I would just say 1->2 or 3 for assault, and 10->15 or 20 for murder. I think that will lessen sprees of inbalanced gearscore ganking, while still allowing gankers to get done what they wanted to do if they're strategic about it.

Stat Changes love them, keep please. Except maybe ease how disgusting crit stacking becomes. It's already spooky in 4.0.

T3 Lunagems - Crit got scary, and lunarite is already disgusting to get for most slots. Most people can't afford any T2's except waveglow as is.

DON'T REMOVE FACTION CHAT. I don't know how I can survive losing a source of attention.

Dragon Mounts - Implemented please. We already have custom gliders, pets, and mounts that drastically changed how we do large scale combat. Many people like dragons and would like to have these. They take work and are not free to keep usable every 30 days. Maybe a few changes if people can compare to future patches to see how even XL changed them, and implement those changes sooner. Personally, I'm just not a dragon guy, but I know others would like them! Keep the heartshard tradable so those carebears or people who can't get access to the raid loot for whatever reason have an option to obtain one someday.

Along these notes, I want to for an updated cycling after 4.5 since that's the last major hurdle that people hated. There's not much adjustment time needed between 4.5 <> 4.7 <> 5.0/5.1/5.2.

Well Hiram is gonna be a mess, and obsidian makes so you can build your gear and take portions of other sets and so on.
It's quite powerfull, has good effects, and can be studied on how to build.
Hiram just gonna be "OMG OMG OMG YOU'RE NOT WEARING HIRAM".
Plus, hiram with resilience effects kinda give so much it makes me feel like i shouldn't have wasted money on erenor armor...
Abt erenor nerf, well it's not like erenor needs to be UN-Nerfed, if hiram gonna be a thing, erenor needs to be enhanced. (NOTE, talking abt armors, weaps don't need to be enhanced, maybe just get the nerf removed)
If i remember correclty T2 erenor was able to give resilience effect cause everybody ignored it as armor in favor of hiram.

About skill changes and inv. suppression "Hiram 4.5 is gonna be a CC shitshow"
Yes and no, only if you didn't read carefully patch notes, and if you are too tied to old classes.
Weird how ppl criticizes 4.5 CC after having the same exact CCs for the past year, and after DR triplock was a thing.
Won't give out too many infos about this, go read patches and learn them yourself guys...
Just know ppl is gonna legit cry about:
bubble trap (oh wait, they changed it so you get immune faster)
Sleep Song: (ah, that's nerfed too and you wake up every 3 secs for a chance to escape)
Impale: (weren't we talking about that one server wich has no people playing SK but vinchino?)
Telekinesis: (wait, didn't that get remove?)
Petrify: (waiting when they'll find out)
i can go on guys, did you even know about that one skill wich damn removes all crowd control effects?

Invincibility is something to be dealt with, and the 15 secs suppression needs to be used to prevent abuse.
Altought i feel ok with reducing the timer from 15 to maybe 10 secs.
Still remember when battlerage skill reset was changed from 3 secs to 12 secs, it was so shitty we need to pick something in middle.

Crime changes, well crime changes are.. odd..
still feels weird out there we have pk guilds and thieves after goldmaking is so difficoult in this game.
Increase that crime points generation.

Faction chat is already so silent with the chat bans ongoing, removal may be... uhm... unnecessary...

Stat changes are not a huge thing but for melees, i still can't understand why melees think they'll be nerfed since they'll run around with average 30-40% more crit rate....

T3 Lunagems.
Scary, yes, scary expensive. (and slightly too powerful, that maybe aswell, but just partially)
They are not so unbalanced in the perspective everyone can gem properly damage and damage reductions.
Make those lunarite drop like candies or noone will be able to gear up properly..
It's not even about price but rarity, i'm not saying to increase drop by 300% but for sure some like earthglow needs to be made waaaaaaay easyer to fetch.
In live ppl had 20 alts and selling those after guild quests in marketplace, we don't have that.
I heard rumors time ago abt earthglow lunarite beeing reduced, well that was probably fake news, yet would be good.

Dragon Mounts.
I was reading more posts and well, let me say something before i say what i think about it.
I had the only green dragon on whole EU server, i know what it means to have or not to have dragon mounts.
They are stupid strong and difficoult to get, so only who can freefarm dragon can get those easily...

Why strong?
Cause their skills are retarded:
Flight Speed with full armor (cheap considering rest of expenses) can reach 20m/s, has two seats.
If you think that such speed can only be achieved by a temprorary skill, well, yes, but actually no: The skill lasts 10 secs and has a 10 secs cd, so basically always active.
Other skill is: Push away enemyes in 30 meters range, pretty much like the red dragon itself but less push, it can be easily exploited to push people 120 meters away.
Now the most retarded one: the roar.. 45 secs cd PREVENTS USE OF GLIDER (and closes opened ones) FOR 15-20 SECS IN 120 METERS RANGE, PLUS KILLS ALL MOUNTS IN RANGE. ARE WE JOKING? A HUNDRED DAMN TWENTY METERS RANGE?

Last skill is still same retarded, deals around 30k siege damage in area in matter of a couple seconds, and depending on wich dragon can reduce 100% enemy recv heals or slow them down to almost 0.
Area damage is not limited to an amount of people.
One person can kill 40 if they are properly clumped, or even if they are not, area is huge.
Also, and naturally, all skills can be used while flying, and fliying is not limited so you can go up 300 meters and permanent flight.
Also, if the dragon is divebombed you can't stop the flight.. it doesn't take CC.

About Skill changes: yes please. we need to play with something different.

Hello, I would like to make some suggestions to things that I think should be changed for our custom ArcheRage 4.5 update

Part 1: Red Dragon Mount Changes

First off, the amount of red dragon spinal ridges required for the eternal flame scroll should be reduced to 10 from 50, along with the dragon helm reduced to 2 ridges from 5, the dragon saddle reduced to 4 from 10, and the dragon legguards reduced to 2 from 5. The reason I am suggesting these changes is because on live, even with all the red dragon spinal ridges that were in circulation pre-4.5, and with people doing the daily dragon raising quest for a small spinal ridge chance, there was barely enough to support more than a handful of dragons on each server. On ArcheRage, the Red Dragon world boss isn't killed very often. With 4.5 removing spinal ridges from the Red Dragon's drop table, there's no way the server could support even 1 or 2 dragons for a couple months. I think that they should be kept in the drop table. However, even if they are kept in the drop table, that's only 24-36 ridges a week from killing it, and that's if it's killed every spawn. A very small amount of spinal ridges are put into the server from raising a dragon, but not enough to sustain and grow more than a few dragons, even if ridges were kept in the drop table.

Secondly, make the Dragon mounts permanent and not require an eternal flame scroll every 30 days. Having to reapply an eternal flame scroll every month even if the amount of ridges required is reduced, would take too many ridges out of the server, making it so that other people won’t get a chance at raising a dragon. It’s also not realistic, with or without Red Dragon dropping ridges, the lack of ridges currently in the server, and the insufficient amount of ridges introduced from raising a dragon mount. On live, it was an average of 50k a month just in ridges to maintain a dragon, and that was with a good supply of ridges in the economy. Here it would cost much more as there is and will be much less ridges available, and owning a dragon mount won’t be realistic.

Finally, make it so that players can feed magic amplifier packs into a Dragon Mount 3 times a day. This could be done by making the daily feeding quest give 3 tokens, and make it require one token per magic amplifier that is turned in, with this being repeatable every day. I am suggesting this because on live, the average player had tons of alts, making the feeding process progress with reasonable speed. However, on this server it’s not an option to have more than one account, which would make the feeding process a lot longer.

If the changes that I suggested are made, it would allow more players to have a chance at getting a red dragon mount.

Part 2: Keep World Boss Strength The Same

The 4.5 update increases the attack., regen, and defense, of most world bosses, such as Red dragon, Kraken, Anthalon. On Live servers, this made it much harder to kill bosses, to the point where if bosses such Kraken were contested, it wouldn’t die and would just despawn after the 3 hour timer was up. With the amount of gear most players on this server have, most players won’t have a chance at killing the end game bosses. This may discourage players leading them to not come out to the boss or pvp for the boss. Even the top geared guilds on the server will have a hard time killing bosses.

Part 3: Remove The Invincibility Cooldown

The 4.5 update adds a 15 second universal invincibility cooldown. I think that our custom update should remove this from the game. This change only negatively impacts skilled players that know how to use their gliders,mounts, and abilities effectively. The whole reason people have multiple invincibility items such as ezi glider, ravenspine, invince dash mounts such as the snow lion, ancient deer, the chrome sub, ect, is to allow them to effectively handle the situation at hand. At world bosses such as Kraken and Anthalon, players have to use invincibility skills throughout the fight do to things such as invince Kraken slams or Anthalon lifts. If players are using their one invincibility skill to do this, they may not be able to use it against players during pvp at the world boss, which negatively impacts their chance at winning pvp and killing the world boss.

Part 4: Keep The Old Crime System In Place

Keep the current crime point system in place. The new crime system increases the amount of infmay points earned from murder, larceny, and assault by ten fold, and increaed the amount of jail time. This is too severe, and takes away from the green pirating aspect of the game, along with same faction conflicts between players, families, and guilds. Many players flag on their friends for fun or to mess around. However with the new crime system, poking your friends with your legendary tuna club one too many times for fun will get you sent to jail.

Part 5: Make The Joyride Vault Accessible Across All Characters

This is a quality of life change that I think would be good for the server. Make the joyride vault accessible to all characters on an account. This would make trying out new races and factions more fun, as you wouldn't need to worry about getting all your mounts/pets/gliders ect back, so u can still explore the world of erenor with ease. This would also allow players to do things like transfer their vehicles to do trade runs on the opposite continent. I believe that this change is reasonable, and won't negatively impact the game, and is a great quality of life improvement. We already have a costume chest that can be accessed by all characters on an account. Many players have spent tens of thousands, or even hundreds of thousands of gold, such as myself, on mounts/gliders/pets/vehicles. I think it is unfair that players who have put time and effort into their collections can't use them across all their characters.

Part 6: Other changes

• Keep aggro generation from healing at 0.6. This will make tanking bosses like Kraken and Red Dragon less annoying to do.
  • Keep Red Dragon and Kraken despawn timers at 3 hours, instead of 2. This will allow more pvp, and a higher chance that the bosses will die before despawning.
  • Keep the quest “The Cursed Towers” as a repeatable quest, not a daily quest.
  • Keep the Soldier Rank, Knight Rank, Grandmaster, and General titles in the honor shop
  • Make the Battle of Mistmerrow times: 8:00am, 12:00pm, 4:00pm, and 8:00pm.
  • Keep Faction Chat in the game.

Edit: Another reason I think the JoyRide Vault changes should be added is because a player's other characters can access their land and chests already along with the costume vault, so why not allow access to the JoyRide Vault.

About part 1: just posted about dragon skills, if they really are to add dragon mounts, well then pvp server rifts and whatever is gonna be dead in matter of days after someone takes one.

About part 2: world bosses are killable in less than 5 minutes with a proper setup, people is enhancing gear and every and yet people wants content to stay the same easy, isn't this partially similar to those people who don't want to drop old classes just cause they are into nice cute glass domes?

About part 3: Invincibility suppression is not even needed at things like kraken if you build correctly in 4.5
Anyway having invincibility up all the times with people having skills like defiance and all new skills anti cc added in 4,5 it's gonna be a shitshow.
Even if it was to be added you have more than enough time to use invincibility effect roughly 3-4 times between each slam, probably more.

About part 4: Crime points itself is weird again in a game where money making is so difficoult and a single guy could steal a full merchant for hundreds or thousands of gold and getting out of it spending 10g in draughts,
If you want to kill a faction, go to the other one or go pirate/pn.

About part 5: Amber is this you?
This is ridiculous and has no actual reason to be done, also giving that change itself is not even that useful, just hoping people doesn't find a way to exploit it.
i could give you a link to a game that lets you do that but not sure admins would like me to.

About part 6: Healing aggro reduction is okay, we need tanks in this server.
Old titles are already hilarious compared to current ones.

Guild cap should remain at 100. 19 of the top 20 guilds have player counts above 50. Being forced to aggressively purge people who are less active in order to bring on new people puts pressure on players to be more and more active to compete for the place in their guild. I don't think anybody here needs to feel more burnout.

Invince cooldown should be implemented. One get out of jail free card per player is enough, if you need more than maybe you just weren't meant to escape that situation.

Not convinced that the change to double recurve skill is a good thing, but my experience with post-Hiram Archeage is limited to a couple hours derping around so i really don't know how it plays out in reality.

Hiram should be implemented, But obsidian should also remain - Choice is great, allow people to make the choice between Hiram/obs/crafted for as long as possible. I do agree with the suggestion to remove the tempering from Hiram in later patches, but thats for another discussion when that patch comes along. The Erenor nerf should also remain until epic Hiram becomes a thing later on.

Changes to Dream ring etc sound good enough on paper, but its just another thing to keep grinding repeatedly. My choice (as someone who's already got it and not affected) would be to leave it as it is or put it to a vote separately.

Would adding crystallisation to obs/dungeon gear be open to discussion? Many of the people who are against Hiram feel that way because they've invested in gear that will become technically obsolete over time. Crystallisation would allow those players to hit their existing gear and get a little more life span out of their hard work before Hiram overruns it. (I realise the Erenor crowd will likely be against this, but they're also getting access to easier than ever synth food since exploding things past celestial will no longer be a thing.)

I'd honestly be curious to see what happens once top guilds kick out 90% of members cause of inactivity...

I'm sharing your idea on the invince cooldown, there are other ways 4.5 lets you stay alive that is not called macroes.

Obsidian should remain for legacy, it's good to have choice on what to build up as you said...
Hiram Divine is gonna be way better than erenor if they don't get nerfed.
Not for main weapons maybe cause of actual dps, but they gonna add so many effects that it's gonna be absurd,
Noone on live or other servers even bothered about building erenor since hiram celestial already, and we're getting it alongside with divine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back