What's new

ArcheRage 4.7 (development-release info)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This will mainly be a list of what not to do..

Do not change the pack system. Do not even add the new system.
You kept it in last time for a reason. The player base likes the old system. Why take it out this time?
Do not remove Auroria loot packs. Why? Simply because I like them.. ^^; And I'm sure others do too!
Do not increase the mats to make larders.
Do not add scented leaves and royal seeds to bundles.
Much of the player base enjoys running packs as they are. The 3.0 pack system was incredible and to take it away would kill the game for many. The cargo system is already somewhat scuffed since people choose the old system over it. I would recommend more of a buff to cargo along with this patch, perhaps? To maybe even out the systems. Most of the time you aren't even really making profit from doing cargo.

Do not add trees/braziers into vocation shop.
Do not decrease the chance to receive shards and crystals from archeum trees.
Do not add lunafrosts to crates either. This was a terrible change to live servers and everyone hated it.
As stated already from various other players, larceny is probably the first or second best way of making gold. A lot of people farm crates/purses and these changes are only a hindrance. No one needs experience stones anyway since we are all mostly leveled already and they don't even apply to people of ancestral level. They are useless. Do not change something that people love about this game.

I do not see any purpose of increasing the cost to recovery pouches as well. There are already very few who do sunken ships because it is simply not worth. Profit is little to none and increasing this cost will make it completely not worth doing.

Do not change Reedwind to a timer like Diamond Shores. This would make pvp over TWT nonexistent and/or impossible. If pushed to spawn in peace by players, it would literally be a waste of time for all who are attempting to summon. With the amount of people farming in Reedwind anyway due to hiram infusions, the zone will be pushed frequently regardless. Speaking from experience, many pvpers did not like this change and ultimately this made things very one-sided (obviously the group with more people to farm rubies will win). I believe it should stay as is to keep the fighting ground of equal status.

If you are to change Reedwind to a timer, I'd like to suggest a set spawn timer to TWT that will leave it always in war.
I'd also like more discussion from pvp-orientated players about this subject, please.

Yes, you absolutely did. You are the only person who has offered any information about it at all and i appreciate that. All my comments afterward have been based on what you told me, that you have to "get used to it" because it "snaps into place sorta easily." Hence, my previous comment: If you people think it's too hard to manually plant things by just setting them down wherever you want, imagine if the system was automatically fighting against you the whole time.

I'm not fighting against the feature, i'm asking for it to be made optional. Not sure why people have to argue against me for asking for something that will let everybody have what they want. People want it your way 100% and only your way. I'm asking for an option to let everyone choose.

No devs have bothered to answer if it's an option or can be, no one has answered whether or not it's an option in live. I have not played live since 2015, it doesn't exist in my mind, only ArcheRage. I'm asking questions and making suggestions based off of very little information and instead of getting answers i'm just getting arguments. Guess i misinterpreted the purpose of this thread. My apologies.
Right now we are gathering players thoughts and opinions on the update. Don’t expect immediate reply from the staff and don’t get upset that your question wasn’t replied. It’s not only your question that wasn’t replied. As you can see I didn’t reply anyone in this thread.​
We are still gathering all the information from 4.7 + moving all custom updates (that we applied in 4.5 and earlier) to make them form one big system. As soon as we finish doing it, we’ll be able to look closer into your questions, check small things you asked about or test some aspects you have doubts in.​
I will then try to reply all players questions and will also have a few questions to the players as well (actually, already have a few questions, based on players suggestions in this thread, but I’ll hold them for now).​
@Zeirlynn Your question will not be left without the reply as well.​

Right now we are gathering players thoughts and opinions on the update. Don’t expect immediate reply from the staff and don’t get upset that your question wasn’t replied. It’s not only your question that wasn’t replied. As you can see I didn’t reply anyone in this thread.​

We are still gathering all the information from 4.7 + moving all custom updates (that we applied in 4.5 and earlier) to make them form one big system. As soon as we finish doing it, we’ll be able to look closer into your questions, check small things you asked about or test some aspects you have doubts in.​

I will then try to reply all players questions and will also have a few questions to the players as well (actually, already have a few questions, based on players suggestions in this thread, but I’ll hold them for now).​

@Zeirlynn Your question will not be left without the reply as well.​

Thank you for replying @Sparkle. My frustration was not with the devs not answering, and i apologize for the wording i used regarding them. My frustration is with people 'laughing' at and arguing with anyone who has a different opinion or idea than them, when you have asked for everyone to speak up with their thoughts and suggestions.

I forgot to add to not remove obsidian armor and mats. Some people do not like the grind of hiram and will kill the game for them. Some people do not have the time also to farm for such pieces once t3-t4 hiram come out. Leave it in the game so players have another option.

New player that fled AAU a month or so here.

I'll be blunt, you could only import the planting snapping and toss most of the rest of the changes that are anti-sandbox and I'd not shed a tear. From what I've seen those changes that XL did back then had little to nothing to do with economic balance and had more to do with combating gold sellers and bots, and so far the enforcement against those here is so much better that restricting the sandbox is unnecessary if not counterproductive.

Also please consider carefully the implementation of Hiram, and specifically its progression. Feeling obligated to log in every day at a specific time in order to catch the reset raids in AAU, was to be frank, soul crushing tedious, and the alternatives to that were even worse. Tie Hiram into the crafting system *somehow* instead of having it bypass it. At least as an alternative option to the DailyAge raid grind. Not like this game lacks for activities.

Last edited:
Please do not change anything about the trade pack system. The newer system and freshness timers were absolutely horrible morale-breaking mechanics when they were added in retail. Same goes for Royal seeds becoming hard to get and killing larder production. As it currently is, these things are hard enough and just inside a tolerable threshold for grinding. If they're implemented as they were in retail, the game becomes more of a job than anything enjoyable IMO.

Just because a form of income isnt to your liking it does not mean it should be removed. Mysterious crates have been nerfed heavily since 4.5 launched (whether the devs admit it or not) and spawns dropped from ~6 per cycle down to typically 1-2, occasionally one or two extra. Its pretty easy to spend 30-40 minutes running around looking and go home empty handed, and i could make double that reliably farming mobs in WH. Add to that the risk that if you get jumped you'll lose your entire paycheck.

Can we also keep the Vyrava trade packs in-game too? I know the game likes to reduce peoples income as much as possible, but it would be nice to make some exceptions occasionally
my only problem with the mysterious crates is they have known location, spawn/despawn timers, so it needs to be nerfed since everybody knows where and when they can find them or changed or removed like 4.7 in official AA, why predita statues and abyssal packs get nerfed but not mysterious crates ? ?

"shouldnt be called a mysterious crate in first place if everyone knows where to find them :^)"

Last edited:
  1. Please keep the trade pack system and the larceny system as is.
  2. Lunafrosts should stay in the honor shop.
  3. Not removing regrade braziers/archeum trees from larceny drops (adding them to vocation to give people another option)
  4. Leaving the current obsidian gear as an option for players
  5. Keeping in auroria mystery crates, the reason it was removed in live was for botting purposes that we do not have here. (plus it's a fun side objective for players)
Giving people a good range of options is the best way to go about changes.

I'm not going to comment on every single line in the patch note myself because I almost entirely agree with the lists made by Aviendha, axydus, Zeirlynn, Elohel, SodaBubblies, bae, and others, especially on the topic of crafting recipes and trade pack changes. This seems to be a very anti-fun patch, largely motivated by an economy having been ruined by alts and bots on live servers, which is an issue we don't have. Overkill's point about the game gradually turning into nothing more than a daily grind is also valid, since that's what most people are complaining about on Unchained. There are many perfectly legitimate playstyles and activities that live doesn't support anymore. Don't let it happen here.

Last edited:
  1. Please keep the trade pack system and the larceny system as is.
  2. Lunafrosts should stay in the honor shop.
  3. Not removing regrade braziers/archeum trees from larceny drops (adding them to vocation to give people another option)
  4. Leaving the current obsidian gear as an option for players
  5. Keeping in auroria mystery crates, the reason it was removed in live was for botting purposes that we do not have here. (plus it's a fun side objective for players)

Keep braziers and archeum saplings dropping from crates because that's how some make gold in the game by selling to the NPC or AH.

How much gold is rewarded from ancestral coinpurses?
If we speak about the official 4.7 update, the gold gain from Ancestor's Coinpurse is increased to 1g 42s - 1g 78s, but it will require 35 labor to open. Currently we have it on level 90s - 1g 17s + custom drops and it requires only 10 labor. The final decision on how this will be on our 4.7 hasn't been made yet.​

Fix:
1. Treasure Hunt day quests not showing up at midnight reset
2. Not being able to change gear while playing songcraft songs, even out of combat
3. Not being able to owner's mark freighter by nui, also not able to grab pack from freighter while in nui
4. Collection breather not giving anywhere near 30% claimed speedboost (only gives +0.8ms with crest boxes and dual mythic sails)
5. (Optional) Mages, just reduce their damage by 50% across the board to make it remotely fair to other classes
6. Black Sabrefang only gives +5% move speed if player carries pack riding a donkey
1. That is not a bug. NPC during the event appears at 3am (when event starts) and leave at midnight. You can find this information in our event guide: https://na.archerage.to/forums/threads/game-event-treasures-hunter-day.8637/
2. Not a bug.
3. Not a bug. Skills are disabled at Nui.
4. It gives +30% to the base move speed. Better sails, etc will not change it as it doesn't take them into account. You need to also remember that there are other effects that can decrease your speed, like winds, flow.
5. Not a bug to be fixed. As I understand that is a suggestion. Something that should be discussed completely separately with a community as such change will affect class a lot.
6. That is not a bug. If you are riding a donkey with a pack, the one that is moving is not you but a donkey but donkey doesn't have a pack, so the speed without a pack is +5% and that is a correct number.

One i'm unsure about:
  • Improved the plant placing system. Plants can now be lined up easily via a grid system.
Is this a forced grid? As in, will we still be able to plant what we want where we want for purpose of decoration or organization? There are very few cases where i would be okay with a grid, as i have my own way of planting. If it is a forced grid, i vote no. However, if it is optional, thus allowing those who want the grid to use it, while those of us who don't want it don't have to, then i vote yes.

It's optional. You can go Options --> Game Settings --> Functionality and disable "Use auto-align for Plants and Livestock".

5-Added a new basic skill "Defiance." what does this skill do :eek:
Defiance.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back