What's new

ArcheRage 5.0 (development-release info)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guess my bad for copying your incorrect answer from discord xD I see you edited that now.
Yes the wording is very odd so I had to check again to make sure. Only accessible in peace wasn't right to me

Custom change suggestion: Please change the hiram daily quests to be weekly like they did on live.

This has multiple benefits,
-It stops people from feeling like they have to log on every single day or they will fall behind thus making them quit.
-There are also many players who cannot log in every day due to real life, this lets them keep up with gear even with their limited schedule.
-Prevents burnout from players who do log in every day but don't want to spend all their time doing quests.

There are other benefits but mostly it is quality of life, no one wants to add another 2 hours onto the daily train.

I have been told there are achievements from doing the daily quests, a simple fix for this is reduce the amount of quests needed to get the achievement, THIS IS NOT TO SAY OVERALL IT IS EASIER(therefore rewards from these achievements are not reduced) I mean to make it the same amount of time needed overall, or at least similar. Just so people are not gated by having a weekly quest when its meant to be daily for achievements.

Last edited:
@ https://na.archerage.to/forums/thre...ial-discussion-thread.9466/page-12#post-75307

Erenor progression is already easy enough with our 30% exp nerf, please consider removing them altogether or at the very least, cutting the exp provided by these infusions or even the overall amount you get from salvaging obsidian(s) by at least 30%.

That being said, if you are going to implement erenor infusions, please take EXTREME caution and thoroughly test their functionality - I would hate to see an exploit take place where the server progression becomes extremely stunted.

Please be careful as you determine what metrics will determine which faction is allowed to exile, on AAU the system is somewhat easy to rig and manipulate causing faction balance to be even more skewed. Also, to create proper incentives for using this system - consider increasing the infamy/crime point values to what they should be in this patch.

---

Also quick question for the devs:

- How does the passive "Zeal" from songcraft work in this patch?

DO NOT REMOVE INFUSIONS, there is no way the server is populated enough to supply enough archeum for erenor feeding by the time infusions are released, look at the prices now, and it just gets harder and harder to get archeum. Removing or nerfing infusions too much would make archeum prices ridiculous. Make sure you cannot exploit the infusions, but as crafting is still available and the exp from that isn't nerfed at most there should only be a small nerf to infusions.

I would like to suggest some changes to the achievement mount, the Sky Warden. The Sky Warden is a mount that you get by collecting 29 different mounts. It’s a very hard to get mount and takes a lot of time and effort. However, the Sky Warden is very underwhelming for all the effort it takes to get. It’s basically a Pegasus with a bit more speed. If the following changes were added, it would become a more practical mount rather than just something that looks pretty.

Sky Warden Changes:

• Add a 4th skill: invincible dash that lets you dash forward invincible for 3 seconds with a 30 second cooldown, similar to the snow lion.

• Add a 5th skill: mount stealth with a 45 second up time 1 minute cooldown that starts after using the skill that can be used in combat, similar to the ancient deer mounts.

These skills will make the Sky Warden much more viable in most situations such as raid v raid and fighting bosses like kraken and Anthalon. With the invincible dash enabling the user to invince kraken's slam and Anthalon's lift, along with allowing the user to get away safely from other players. The stealth would allow the user to reset and avoid mobs chasing them, and escape from other players.

I would like to suggest some changes to the achievement mount, the Sky Warden. The Sky Warden is a mount that you get by collecting 29 different mounts. It’s a very hard to get mount and takes a lot of time and effort. However, the Sky Warden is very underwhelming for all the effort it takes to get. It’s basically a Pegasus with a bit more speed. If the following changes were added, it would become a more practical mount rather than just something that looks pretty.

Sky Warden Changes:

• Add a 4th skill: invincible dash that lets you dash forward invincible for 3 seconds with a 30 second cooldown, similar to the snow lion.

• Add a 5th skill: mount stealth with a 45 second up time 1 minute cooldown that starts after using the skill that can be used in combat, similar to the ancient deer mounts.

These skills will make the Sky Warden much more viable in most situations such as raid v raid and fighting bosses like kraken and Anthalon. With the invincible dash enabling the user to invince kraken's slam and Anthalon's lift, along with allowing the user to get away safely from other players. The stealth would allow the user to reset and avoid mobs chasing them, and escape from other players.
There is no such mount called the Sky Warden so I will assume you are talking about the Andelph Drakora which is the Sky Warden achievement reward.
Making such changes would make the mount too powerful given it would now have stealth, invincibility, flight and knockback/trip all in the same mount

There is no such mount called the Sky Warden so I will assume you are talking about the Andelph Drakora which is the Sky Warden achievement reward.
Making such changes would make the mount too powerful given it would now have stealth, invincibility, flight and knockback/trip all in the same mount
Yeah mb the Sky warden is the achievement name

Idk bro, its a really useless mount as is, most the people I've talked to are going for the achievement glider, and not bothering with the achievement mount (andelph drakora) due to how bad it is. :/

Also it is an "achievement" mount. It should be worth at least close to the amount of effort it takes to get. Altho it is great for RP purposes.

Last edited:
Ye retail turned into a rather sad show in relation to commerce.

Tbh, I think the main reason we will most likely have empty seas for charcoal is because we know of the upcoming changes, so people are hoarding charcoal in large amounts... Therefore negating the need for oversea traderuns. Everything will be out of balance until those stockpiles are gone.

In one of your replies when it was asked if there are going to be any quests to help people get charcoal you reminded us of the fishing event where one of the rewards was dragon essence that could be broken down into charcoal. So that should be the solution to all of our charcoal problems.

In one of your replies when it was asked if there are going to be any quests to help people get charcoal you reminded us of the fishing event where one of the rewards was dragon essence that could be broken down into charcoal. So that should be the solution to all of our charcoal problems.

I never said that specific event would be a solution to anything, I only said that there should then be one quest already at least and it might then be logical that there could be more in the future.

I made several reports so far but there was no effect by itself so I gave it up and started looking for other ways to avoid being hunted by these "sharks". And yes, the main point that I mentioned before will lead to a charcoal hunt that is right now because if we go to any commercial port that accepts normal packs as larder by charcoal they are already very low the percentages of payments but it is something that was known to happen sooner or later, on the other hand, the problem will be totally worse when the charcoal supply is directly cut off but this will not make much difference to us who have access to a good amount of gold daily/weekly but to the new players who will not be able to make trips because they will be hunted as soon as they reach unstable areas. ...and although it is part of the same game, it is cruel that those who are equipped with even gold teeth hunt even the new ones who only have 20 gold and hope to be able to sell a cargo. So I think it's pretty good to add more family quests, maybe that will turn the tide and solve it in the long run

You are so right about the sharks. I have seen it where "another player" would be waiting in the water off the coast of Freedich to serve as the lookout and within a few minutes and "another player" or "players" would come by and kill you and take all of your packs. Overall people in that case are not going to have the patience's to find a work around. A lot will either wait for another expansion or quit for something less aggravating.

I never said that specific event would be a solution to anything, I only said that there should then be one quest already at least and it might then be logical that there could be more in the future.

No you did not specifically say that was a solution to anything but you did not suggest that "it might then be logical that there could be more in the future", if I am wrong in that, sorry if I misunderstood you.

I am saying the fishing event solution that you brought up in another post it is not going to be an alternative for a lot of players. If it is dangerous now for people to go out on the ocean to deliver one pack even on the captains NPC ship due to all of the exploits. It is not going to be any better trying to fish on the ocean. Unless there are better alternatives 5.0 is not going to go well for a lot of players.

No you did not specifically say that was a solution to anything but you did not suggest that "it might then be logical that there could be more in the future", if I am wrong in that, sorry if I misunderstood you.

I am saying the fishing event solution that you brought up in another post it is not going to be an alternative for a lot of players. If it is dangerous now for people to go out on the ocean to deliver one pack even on the captains NPC ship due to all of the exploits. It is not going to be any better trying to fish on the ocean. Unless there are better alternatives 5.0 is not going to go well for a lot of players.

Maybe just make your point in a straightforward matter next time instead of indirectly targetting me over something I said which was just adding more info/insight to a posed question in, indeed, another thread..

suggestion: can kraken tents get a timer too like DGS packs to avoid stuff like this https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/693960819578241095/753755116867289149/ScreenShot0063.jpg incase you not smart enough to know what they doing, i'll explain it, they store tents get 1 player with 230k fishing + merchant costume + fishing title + all profic buffs on and turn in all the tents that make kraken tent price go up from 100-200g to 500-700g thanks to the new fishing changes, its old pic but they still doing that ?‍♂️

Last edited:
suggestion: can kraken tents get a timer too like DGS packs to avoid stuff like this https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/693960819578241095/753755116867289149/ScreenShot0063.jpg incase you not smart enough to know what they doing, i'll explain it, they store tents get 1 player with 230k fishing + merchant costume + fishing title + all profic buffs on and turn in all the tents that make kraken tent price go up from 100-200g to 500-700g thanks to the new fishing changes, its old pic but they still doing that ?‍♂️

It's not even abuse of mechanics... it's literally just being smart lmao

Can't make this stuff up. When was the last time Kraken tentacle timers affected anyone on west or east

It's not even abuse of mechanics... it's literally just being smart lmao

Can't make this stuff up. When was the last time Kraken tentacle timers affected anyone on west or east
I have seen many people abuse mechanics in my time in AA but I would have to agree with Ade on this one. Also one person turning in is pretty common in PN because it made it easier to divide loot equally. I imagine that they dont all get turned in at once because the % would drop pretty hard making it barely worth it. The timer as it is allows the players that earn it the time to turn tents in and get max profit. This does seem like smart game play and not abuse imo.

The reason we stack them is that the buffs to get max profit from it are uncommon and expensive. So we stack a couple of them to max the efficiency.

yeah so why you get to stack kraken tents without losing % and using buffs to get more than max profit, while others cant stack normal/larders/abyssal/cargo/DGS packs and have to run them within 30mins to get max profit seems unfair to everyone except PN to me lol i never said its abusing mechanics, why kraken tent price go up from 100gold to 700g because of fishing changes and every other type of packs gets nerfed

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Ade
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back