What's new

ArcheRage 5.0 (development-release info)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sparkle

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
main1.jpg

Dear ArcheRagers!​
Currently we are actively working on 5.0 "Relics Of Hiram" global update.​
In this thread you can share your thoughts on the update as well as provide the ideas and suggestions you have.​
For your better understanding of the upcoming updates, we prepared the list of 5.0 main aspects that you can find by following the LINK. Custom updates are not included!
These are not the final updates and some of the information will be changed/updated further based on the players feedbacks and our custom updates planned.​
Q&A:
Have you already started working on 5.0?
Yes, though we are still working on some updates that we want to introduce in 4.7, we are already actively working on 5.0 and it's aspects.​
When should we expect 5.0 release?
Release date is n/a as for now. But if we speak about the approx time, then I'd say around 2 months. May be a bit more or a bit less. We still have a lot of work to do on 5.0.​
Will we have PTS?
No, in the past it didn't prove its effectiveness, so we chose to abandon this updates implementation model.​
Are the patch notes already released accurate?
Patch Notes that you can see right now for 5.0 don't include any custom updates or changes. They only provide the details of 5.0 main aspects, some of them may still be changed. And custom updates are going to be included later as well. When the complete list of updates is ready, it will be posted separately in Updates section of our Forum.​
What can you tell us right now about custom updates that are expected as a part of 5.0?
1. As you know old trade system will be fully removed as it's no longer supported by the game client. Due to it some custom events will get changes as well.​
2. Player Nations will no longer exist and players will return back to their home factions. Former PN guild owning the castle will keep it.​
3. We are also considering adding Exile System with 5.0 release. That should bring more balance to the factions.
4. Another challenge for us is a 64bit client. If all goes well you can expect it as well. But it will be confirmed closer to the release date.
Final Patch Notes that will also include the exact release date and Custom updates will be posted at a later date.
Thread is now open for discussion.​

• World gates can no longer be used to place housing decor mid-air.
Could you please not implement this, placing objects on world gates is a very important building "feature" (that's even described as a staple technique in decorating tutorials such as this one). It allows for precise placement of certain items, it enables players to "combine" items that otherwise couldn't be placed on each other (for example torches or paintings on exterior wall pieces - the video has some other neat examples), and in general it's a workaround that greatly improves ArcheAge's rather poor object placement system (compared to for example RIFT which allows full 3D rotation/movement/clipping of any item).

I'm not sure what the original developer logic behind this change was, but I can't think of any game-breaking negatives that portal placement currently allows (I think it's pretty much impossible to abuse it to reach otherwise unreachable places in the gameworld since you can't place anything outside of both horizontal and vertical boundaries of the plot with it anyway).

"The Crimson Rift quests have been reverted to 3 quests, and the option to complete these quests by killing monsters in the zone has been removed."
It's good as is right now, do event at own pace.

Last edited:
Discontinued Obsidian Equipment
All crafting recipes for Obsidian equipment will be removed. This means that existing Obsidian items will remain in the world, but they can no longer be upcrafted to higher tiers or created.
Remaining Obsidian items can still be gemmed, regraded and tempered.

Using a Hiram Conversion Rune, crafted at the Mirage Salvage Forge for 1 Stone Brick, allows to convert existing Obsidian equipment into Hiram Infusions. Each Hiram Infusion is worth 1,000 Synthesis XP and the amount of infusions granted depends on the Obsidian item’s tier, slot and grade.
If you decide to do a custom change where you keep obsidian crafting recipes intact, please make it so that the products of the recipe are not able to be salvaged for hiram and erenor infusions. Also double check to make sure the support pack gear cannot be salvaged for erenor infusions please.

Reduce the amount of hiram infusions obtained from salvaging obsidian if you implement this system - with roughly 2 months notice, lots of people are likely just going to pre-stack lots of obsidians so they don't have to farm hiram at all.

The Crimson Rift quests have been reverted to 3 quests, and the option to complete these quests by killing monsters in the zone has been removed.
Ideally I would prefer for the old quest where you can kill any mob in the zone and it applies to stay - makes things easier and doesn't confine players to joining a timed daily raid for outdated irrelevant content.

Added a profit timer to the Delphinad Ghostship Stone Slabs:
  • within 30mins: 100% payment
  • 30-45mins: 70% payment
  • 45-60mins: 50% payment
  • after 60mins: 20% payment
Good change, forces people to take risk if they want maximum reward.

Erenor Synthesis Changes
Crafted gear, excluding the Erenor tier, Obsidian Equipment and Erenor Infusions can be used as synthesis materials to level your Erenor equipment.
World Boss gear of grade Arcane or higher can be salvaged into Erenor Infusions using an Evenstone.
Each gear set grants the following Infusions:

@ https://na.archerage.to/forums/thre...ial-discussion-thread.9466/page-12#post-75307
Frankly speaking, infusions for erenor shouldn't be added in the first place and the cap for infusing should never be raised to 6 at at time. With the reduced exp cost already it'll make it FAR too easy for people to get eternals without much effort, it'd be very bad for server health.
Erenor progression is already easy enough with our 30% exp nerf, please consider removing them altogether or at the very least, cutting the exp provided by these infusions or even the overall amount you get from salvaging obsidian(s) by at least 30%.

And since future patches are being brought up there's a series of bugs in upcoming patches relating to erenor that need to absolutely be fixed since I know several people ready to abuse them:

-In one of the upcoming patches you can feed lower tier erenor infusions into higher tier erenor gear, allowing you to immediately go from nothing all the way up to eternal using just celestial erenor infusions.

-Opening up the menu that lets you infuse, putting one item or infusion in, and then clicking the honor store button will let you re-insert it multiple times (giving you 6x from just 1 item when the game starts letting you infuse 6 at a time).

-If you open the infuse menu next to a dungeon, put your infusions into the menu, "create" the dungeon instance, and then hit the infuse button so that the cast bar starts right before you hit the loading screen it'll infuse them but not take any of the items away. So you can just freely re-infuse them and abuse that.
That being said, if you are going to implement erenor infusions, please take EXTREME caution and thoroughly test their functionality - I would hate to see an exploit take place where the server progression becomes extremely stunted.

3. We are also considering adding Exile System with 5.0 release. That should bring more balance to the factions.
Please be careful as you determine what metrics will determine which faction is allowed to exile, on AAU the system is somewhat easy to rig and manipulate causing faction balance to be even more skewed. Also, to create proper incentives for using this system - consider increasing the infamy/crime point values to what they should be in this patch.

---

Also quick question for the devs:

- How does the passive "Zeal" from songcraft work in this patch?

Last edited:
theres no posibility of a racial cosmetic change? like for example still being dwarf but warborn character
No we will not implementing such a system.

If you decide to do a custom change where you keep obsidian crafting recipes intact, please make it so that the products of the recipe are not able to be salvaged for hiram and erenor infusions. Also double check to make sure the support pack gear cannot be salvaged for erenor infusions please.

Reduce the amount of hiram infusions obtained from salvaging obsidian if you implement this system - with roughly 2 months notice, lots of people are likely just going to pre-stack lots of obsidians so they don't have to farm hiram at all.

Ideally I would prefer for the old quest where you can kill any mob in the zone and it applies to stay - makes things easier and doesn't confine players to joining a timed daily raid for outdated irrelevant content.

Good change, forces people to take risk if they want maximum reward.

@ https://na.archerage.to/forums/thre...ial-discussion-thread.9466/page-12#post-75307

Erenor progression is already easy enough with our 30% exp nerf, please consider removing them altogether or at the very least, cutting the exp provided by these infusions or even the overall amount you get from salvaging obsidian(s) by at least 30%.

That being said, if you are going to implement erenor infusions, please take EXTREME caution and thoroughly test their functionality - I would hate to see an exploit take place where the server progression becomes extremely stunted.

Please be careful as you determine what metrics will determine which faction is allowed to exile, on AAU the system is somewhat easy to rig and manipulate causing faction balance to be even more skewed. Also, to create proper incentives for using this system - consider increasing the infamy/crime point values to what they should be in this patch.

---

Also quick question for the devs:

- How does the passive "Zeal" from songcraft work in this patch?
Support pack gear is not salvageable and will not be possible to turn into infusions
The thread you have linked does not apply. 6 piece feed stacking is not until phase 3.
This is only for phase 1 though will still go through to make sure theres no feeding exploit

Hi,

- I appreciate you considering adding the exile system earlier, would be a great help for improving the server.
- Returning CR to previous system is good imo, because it will help people continue their race quest. So many new players ask about Hound of Kyrios that is barely killed anymore.
- The new customisation is awesome in this patch (dyes, UCC system, etc.)
- The new zone options sound great, keep as is.

I see nothing in the patch notes about the loot stone for the powerstone pets, please do add that so people can chill while farming mobs!

And isn't this the patch where lunarite changes? Or am I confused with another one?

~

Please don't change:

"World gates can no longer be used to place housing decor mid-air."
Plenty of people love decorating and this gives us more options... You allowed us to place partitions in the yard now too, so keeping this is logical. @voidzero has some good arguments for it too.

Last edited:
"The title “Abyssal Adept” can still be obtained, but the title “Orchidna’s Disciple” is removed."
Will the title be removed altogether or those that already have it will keep it, just with no option to obtain it anymore?

@ admins:

1. Is the zeal passive in songcraft altered at all? Can you tell me what it does specifically in this patch?

Player Nations will no longer exist and players will return back to their home factions. Former PN guild owning the castle will keep it.
Can you discuss what will happen to PN-specific items/mounts such as:
- Golden Wyvern
- Small Wyvern

Will they remain expired and unusable indefinitely or will you add an item to make them active again? Currently can't be without a sovereign vault but that won't be available if PN gets removed.

---

Post replies
"The title “Abyssal Adept” can still be obtained, but the title “Orchidna’s Disciple” is removed."
Will the title be removed altogether or those that already have it will keep it, just with no option to obtain it anymore?
I believe Orcidna's Disciple still exists but is unable to be obtained (only the people that got it before will have it).

I see nothing in the patch notes about the loot stone for the powerstone pets, please do add that so people can chill while farming mobs!
Personally I would rather not see an auto loot powerstone implemented into this server unless its going to cost an absurd amount like 10k credits for a 30 day timed one. If not credits then maybe make it untradeable and cost a large amount of honor / large amount of loyalty / large amount of kyrios badges.

Farming purses is already extremely op in comparison to literally every other money making method in terms of both silver per labor and time spent, adding this item only makes the gap even larger. With the auto loot stone in western hiram you won't even have to move once to farm ancestor purses/crates, infusions, awakening scrolls, and silver crates.

And isn't this the patch where lunarite changes? Or am I confused with another one?
The one after this.

Last edited:
I really hope we get a custom version of the trade system. Nulling the sea trade runs will make the whole system boring and one-dimensional. Also, being able to deliver cargo only to one city in each continent, means that said city will be heavily camped by the big guilds. Which means that big guilds will control cargo runs and gold income and this will have a further impact on gear score gap.

Furthermore, heavy camping will lead people to stop doing sea trade runs in general, killing the whole system. The new trade system WILL KILL the trade system in general. Let us sell normal packs, fertilizer packs and larder packs overseas again.

@ admins:

1. Is the zeal passive in songcraft altered at all? Can you tell me what it does specifically in this patch?

Can you discuss what will happen to PN-specific items/mounts such as:
- Golden Wyvern
- Small Wyvern

Will they remain expired and unusable indefinitely or will you add an item to make them active again? Currently can't be without a sovereign vault but that won't be available if PN gets removed.

---

Post replies

I believe Orcidna's Disciple still exists but is unable to be obtained (only the people that got it before will have it).

Personally I would rather not see an auto loot powerstone implemented into this server unless its going to cost an absurd amount like 10k credits for a 30 day timed one. If not credits then maybe make it untradeable and cost a large amount of honor / large amount of loyalty / large amount of kyrios badges.

Farming purses is already extremely op in comparison to literally every other money making method in terms of both silver per labor and time spent, adding this item only makes the gap even larger. With the auto loot stone in western hiram you won't even have to move once to farm ancestor purses/crates, infusions, awakening scrolls, and silver crates.

The one after this.
1.Zeal is not altered. It acts as normal for the patch.
2. No decision is yet made for them. So until then consider it unobtainable till further notice.

Hi,

- I appreciate you considering adding the exile system earlier, would be a great help for improving the server.
- Returning CR to previous system is good imo, because it will help people continue their race quest. So many new players ask about Hound of Kyrios that is barely killed anymore.
- The new customisation is awesome in this patch (dyes, UCC system, etc.)
- The new zone options sound great, keep as is.

~

Please don't change:

"World gates can no longer be used to place housing decor mid-air."
Plenty of people love decorating and this gives us more options... You allowed us to place partitions in the yard now too, so keeping this is logical. @voidzero has some good arguments for it too.
You will not see auto loot in the patch notes because live never put marketplace based changes into patch notes which is what the auto loot powerstone falls under.
As for their introduction cannot confirm yet if they are in 5.0 till more development has occured. However they are added before phase 3.

I really hope we get a custom version of the trade system. Nulling the sea trade runs will make the whole system boring and one-dimensional. Also, being able to deliver cargo only to one city in each continent, means that said city will be heavily camped by the big guilds. Which means that big guilds will control cargo runs and gold income and this will have a further impact on gear score gap.

Furthermore, heavy camping will lead people to stop doing sea trade runs in general, killing the whole system. The new trade system WILL KILL the trade system in general. Let us sell normal packs, fertilizer packs and larder packs overseas again.
Old trade system will be gone. that includes overseas selling regular packs for charcoal. It won't be returning

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back