What's new

ArcheRage 5.0 (development-release info)

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah so why you get to stack kraken tents without losing % and using buffs to get more than max profit, while others cant stack normal/larders/abyssal/cargo/DGS packs and have to run them within 30mins to get max profit seems unfair to everyone except PN to me lol i never said its abusing mechanics, why kraken tent price go up from 100gold to 700g because of fishing changes and every other type of packs gets nerfed
You're complaining about content that you don't even participate in because it makes money. You know you can also buff to get more profit from packs as well right? the changes to dgs made it almost pointless to do compared to just doing a merch of larders should we nerf larders too then?

since you dont do potato stuff only pve, 1: theres no commerce changes happened in this server beside pack timers, 2: larders already nerfed and lose 30% after 2-3days
@Fawawa 3: nobody said anything about content/contest, you're welcome to camp yny trader and contest my fert packs merch if you want when they add commerce changes ingame like fishing and price go up from 20 charcoal to 100 charcoal

the higher your proficiency the higher chance for a bonus
also, the bonus from fishing is not as much as your saying like not even close stop exaggerating I might get double what someone that doesn't have any fishing proficiency would get that's not 100 to 700g or like you said 20 charcoal to 100

Just realized that ODE is being nerfed again? With it being every 3 ticks now, in 5.0? And zeal is nerfed again, 50% instead of our current 60... I wish the skills could be looked at and tweaked, as sometimes nerfs arent needed.

A couple months ago on discord I spoke to SjinderSon about adding assassination/sea interdiction target quests on sea and enemy faction zones to encourage more people to want to go out in the water and maybe take a chance to sneak into an enemy nations zone to kill a target npc for a reward,

Unsure if you already brought the idea to higher ups, is this still being considered?

Im sad that abyssal skills are going away, abyssal skills were my favourite part of old archeage, I'm actually sad to see ArcheRage moving on from it :'c

Im sad that abyssal skills are going away, abyssal skills were my favourite part of old archeage, I'm actually sad to see ArcheRage moving on from it :'c
Abyssal skills as a subset on a skill tree go away.
However the skills/passives from it are put into the malediction tree or merged into the classes skills.

Abyssal skills as a subset on a skill tree go away.
However the skills/passives from it are put into the malediction tree or merged into the classes skills.
Yeah, I just really enjoyed 4.0 abyssal system compared to Malediction, can't wait for Fanatic meta :confused:

@Sjinderson Any idea if conversion healers or conversion in general will be addressed with custom 5.0 changes? This plague needs to end. From making pvp boring to ruining the siege aspect of the game they gotta go, and not 2 years from now when we get the patch that guts them.

I have seen many people abuse mechanics in my time in AA but I would have to agree with Ade on this one. Also one person turning in is pretty common in PN because it made it easier to divide loot equally. I imagine that they dont all get turned in at once because the % would drop pretty hard making it barely worth it. The timer as it is allows the players that earn it the time to turn tents in and get max profit. This does seem like smart game play and not abuse imo.
Skimmed this discussion I don't think you understand the context or I'm misunderstanding your statement. "Ayman" is bringing up the issue of the current farming guild funneling all of the kraken tentacles into one person with high fishing proficiency and additional buffs to insanely boost the amount of gold output by a single kraken tentacle.

I imagine that they dont all get turned in at once because the % would drop pretty hard making it barely worth it. The timer as it is allows the players that earn it the time to turn tents in and get max profit. This does seem like smart game play and not abuse imo.
This is where I'm confused as there isn't a timer attached to kraken tentacles other then a despawn timer. The timer Ayman brings up is a depreciation timer which effects the value of turning in a pack based off how old it is.(Older the pack the less its worth) Currently DGS packs have this type of system in place so people can't hide the packs to turn in later for full value, aswell as a system devaluing them as more are turned in. Kraken tentacles don't have a system like this and turn in for the same amount regardless of how long you wait or how many tentacles have been turned in within a period of time.
There's literally nothing stopping from going to kraken btw
My favorite argument.
Can't make this stuff up. When was the last time Kraken tentacle timers affected anyone on west or east
Another great argument, this doesn't hurt you but it greatly benefits me so stop complaining!

It's not even abuse of mechanics... it's literally just being smart lmao
Regardless of my personal opinion of both parties I do agree with this statement even if Ade or Fawawa's arguements for why its OK are trash.
But I do think in general this issue was a complete oversight by the administration. The buffs to fishing were not intended to impact Kraken Tentacles, they were just buffed by proxy since they work with the fishing system. I do think this is something that should be looked into be changed in the future with 5.0 by the administration as the fishing buff as inadvertently buffed the value of killing a world boss helping the higher end players with a change that was geared towards helping the lower end players income.
But I am open for discussion on why Kraken tentacles which have multiple tiers of value already(Pygmy,Writhing,Gargantuan) which even on the lower end are worth 50g a piece prior to being effected by the fishing changes should be able to be impacted by the fishing buff to make them worth a vast amount more.

@Sjinderson Any idea if conversion healers or conversion in general will be addressed with custom 5.0 changes? This plague needs to end. From making pvp boring to ruining the siege aspect of the game they gotta go, and not 2 years from now when we get the patch that guts them.
It's getting shadow nerfed in 5.0 or one of the following patches, in the meantime stack healing debuffs on conversion healers if you want to kill them. So until the nerf happens mashing the one or two keys you usually use for DPS isn't going to kill one.

It's getting shadow nerfed in 5.0 or one of the following patches, in the meantime stack healing debuffs on conversion healers if you want to kill them. So until the nerf happens mashing the one or two keys you usually use for DPS isn't going to kill one.
Its not for several patches, I could careless about day to day pvp vs conversion healers since honor staffs exist so its doable. I'm just more concerned with a fix regarding conversion healers abusing the siege system to become invulnerable and channel a castle 1v50.

I mean, just report it if you have the suspicion someone is doing that, and they get banned, it's kinda simple. There shouldn't be a return because it was never allowed in the first place.

This is false. There's a guild I will not name that I became a part of as a new player when I started. They all seemed rich as hell, owned tons of land and were very friendly towards me. After spending some time in their discord I realized that most of them are using alt accounts under the guise of "family members accounts". I witnessed it, I heard them talk about it in discord voice chat, logging into an alt to perform x action, and I even sent in screenshots of the alts sitting afk at beneficial places. They were not banned because I didnt provide enough proof. lol.

The way I see it, perhaps they ban blatant alt account abusers, but people who hide it well get a free pass.. or people who donate a lot.

As far as the update, the trade system changes is what killed AA for a lot of people. With an already small player base, what do you hope to achieve by implementing this new system? I kinda understand your point about the client not supporting the old system, but surely there is a way to alter the new system to resemble some of the aspects of the old one?

I would also like to keep obsidian gears. Recenty I made some research as I change build and wanted to see what I can build. 1H weapons are the ONLY weapons that allow Melee-Heal and Melee-Mage builds as well as they just give option to choose from. Crafting it in my opinion is harder than farming Hiram (just opinion) and I would 100% agree to not having option to change obsidian into infusion just to not have those build removed.
Are they used? Probably not to often and just for fun. But the game is for fun so let's keep them! I would love to rock Inquisitor.

On the side note,maybe adding weapon(s?) to make Mage-Heal builds valid? xD Less Healing Power and Less Magic Power than pure counterparts. That would shake up a bit Healer classess xD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back