What's new

ArcheRage 5.0 (development-release info)

Status
Not open for further replies.
And on another topic - are the drop rates of items in the gold and silver chests increasing like on Live?

And on the obsidian topic: Didnt Fresh Start people get the advantage of institutional knowledge (i.e. ability to also read upcoming patch notes)? I am asking because i never played on Fresh Start and really do not know. But I was under the impression that people considered knowing what was coming a reason to go to Fresh Start.

I was asking exactly that question. WILL IT WORK LIKE IT DID ON LIVE? Your answer, "Yes", implies that it will in fact work as it did on live. If you had answered "Mostly yes" or "Some aspects have been changed" or "No" I would have asked for clarification on what was not going to work like it did on live.

This wasnt a trick question, it was exactly as simple as it looks.
This. EXACTLY THIS. You were asked the question. You didn't hedge, you didn't indicate any changes, you didn't say "we haven't decided yet" or "wait for the final patch notes" you just said that yes, it would work how it did on live. For you to change that now is complete crap.

and at the risk of this getting drowned out in the screaming about the conversions... there seems to be a slightly MASSIVE exploit that has possibly been overlooked in the exile system when you decided to exclude the pirate faction from that.

Suppose Guild A from Faction A wants to recruit all of Guild B from Faction B, lets just say 20 players.
Guild B completes their quests to get queued for exile
Guild A sends 20-25 of their active players to pirate for a couple weeks to get titles (something not so unbelievable) leaving a big hole in Faction A's power.
Faction A is able to accept many many exiles, and all of Guild B is able to exile over to Faction A.
Guild A depirates leaving Faction A wildly overpowered with 20 new 8k gs people at the expense of Faction B.
Game over for faction B

I think this is why XL included pirates in the exile system, to prevent exactly that. If you were absolutely convinced you need to leave pirate faction out of it, perhaps a failsafe that could be added in so that if one faction becomes wildly overpowered through exploits such as above, then before any new exiles could be moved to the other faction (B in this example), people who had recently exiled to Faction A to create the imbalance would be sent back. While this wouldn't be the most popular of systems, it would certainly give a strong disincentive for people to exploit the system, and hopefully bring about more lasting balances between factions rather than stacking one faction with all the power to steamroll the others.
*plinks 2 coppers in the pot*

I have a couple of questions:

Are we going to need charcoal to make hereafter stones like on the official version?

And is the drop rate for hiram infusions in 5.0 going to be nerfed in areas like Reedwind, Sungold and Exeloch?
In one of the previous game versions we made a custom change that removed charcoal from hereafter stones craft.
We don't have any further custom changes to the drop rates. The only custom change to the drop rate is the one working from the server release: loot drop rate +100%.

What a surprise. You guys managed again to piss off a good amount of your community. I honestly don't understand why you guys do this. Your player base is already small compared to when the game first came out, are you trying to make it even smaller? Sure on retail we didn't know the notes, but here we did and every patch people are gonna prepare for it. Common sense says so. You need to revert this change before you damage the loyalty some of your players have.
Also RIP faction chat.

This. EXACTLY THIS. You were asked the question. You didn't hedge, you didn't indicate any changes, you didn't say "we haven't decided yet" or "wait for the final patch notes" you just said that yes, it would work how it did on live. For you to change that now is complete crap.
I spoke about the mechanics not about the items it will be applied to. I already replied regarding it several times and will not repeat it again.

there seems to be a slightly MASSIVE exploit that has possibly been overlooked in the exile system when you decided to exclude the pirate faction from that.
No overlook here. Knowing that some players will try to manipulate the system, it's customly changed and not going to be fully automated as it was on retail. Data we'll gather as well as players requesting exile will be additionally manually checked to avoid such kind of manipulations.

Yes we did, those of us that can read and have access to the world wide web were well aware of Korea and the upcoming Obsidian conversion to Hiram and Erenor thanks to https://omnom.gg. We knew, they knew we knew, Trion knew we knew. Your argument doesn't work.

In the korean version did not always have the same changes as EU/NA more often than not Trion made it worse.

I spoke about the mechanics not about the items it will be applied to. I already replied regarding it several times and will not repeat it again.

I said before, the mechanics ARE different, namely the mechanics that decide to what item you can apply the rune to.

Can you stop denying that you messed up when you answered Ragequit's question regarding whether or not it would be the same as on live?

I said before, the mechanics ARE different, namely the mechanics that decide to what item you can apply the rune to.

Can you stop denying that you messed up when you answered Ragequit's question regarding whether or not it would be the same as on live?
This question has already been replied and now you are the one who tries to make my words sound different. General question - general reply. If it would be asking about the exact item conversion the reply would state to expect for the patch notes as that is always the reply players receive from me when they try to get some extra info earlier than others will have it.
Any further posts that will say that I stated that T1 will be a part of conversions to hiram infusions will be removed as such statements are incorrect and were not made by the staff.

If there is no intention to listen to your community and revert the change, the correct solution would be to offer to exchange all T1 obs items back to their base materials as an act of good faith.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why acknowledge their own flaws when they can spend days saying everything is fine and playing word games. It's like when Endless Arrows broke and definitely couldn't be changed and how dare we, and ended up being changed what, 2-3 times?

There is an issue here, nobody is supporting this extremely ill-thought out change, and stonewalling us isn't making it go away.

Sadly, some of us will end up going away. Why do we have to do this every damn time?

and at the risk of this getting drowned out in the screaming about the conversions... there seems to be a slightly MASSIVE exploit that has possibly been overlooked in the exile system when you decided to exclude the pirate faction from that.

Suppose Guild A from Faction A wants to recruit all of Guild B from Faction B, lets just say 20 players.
Guild B completes their quests to get queued for exile
Guild A sends 20-25 of their active players to pirate for a couple weeks to get titles (something not so unbelievable) leaving a big hole in Faction A's power.
Faction A is able to accept many many exiles, and all of Guild B is able to exile over to Faction A.
Guild A depirates leaving Faction A wildly overpowered with 20 new 8k gs people at the expense of Faction B.
Game over for faction B

I think this is why XL included pirates in the exile system, to prevent exactly that. If you were absolutely convinced you need to leave pirate faction out of it, perhaps a failsafe that could be added in so that if one faction becomes wildly overpowered through exploits such as above, then before any new exiles could be moved to the other faction (B in this example), people who had recently exiled to Faction A to create the imbalance would be sent back. While this wouldn't be the most popular of systems, it would certainly give a strong disincentive for people to exploit the system, and hopefully bring about more lasting balances between factions rather than stacking one faction with all the power to steamroll the others.
*plinks 2 coppers in the pot*

What is that going to be the same 30 people going back and forth? When every high gs person left to PN1 that left the east side pretty weak. When weaker players left behind got sick of getting stomped on by PN1 they left the game, that too weakened the east side. When everyone got bored and quit PN1 that too weakened the east side. The game is inbalanced as it is. As it is now there are 10-20 east side players going to halcyona vs 1-2 full raids on the west side. The east side is already being steamrolled. The exile system isn't going to do more damage, that has already been done. I am not sure what pirates you are talking about that want to join the East or West when quite a few of them are just there for the salt and to pvp.

This question has already been replied and now you are the one who tries to make my words sound different. General question - general reply. If it would be asking about the exact item conversion the reply would state to expect for the patch notes as that is always the reply players receive from me when they try to get some extra info earlier than others will have it.
Any further posts that will say that I stated that T1 will be a part of conversions to hiram infusions will be removed as such statements are incorrect and were not made by the staff.

How would you feel about a reduction in exp instead of completely changing it? Atleast then people still get some reward for their hard work. Im not really sure your intention for the change but this is perhaps a middle ground everyone can come to?

Didn't even get a notification this time that my post got removed. I did say in it that the rest of the patch notes look good... So much for that.

And on the obsidian topic: Didnt Fresh Start people get the advantage of institutional knowledge (i.e. ability to also read upcoming patch notes)? I am asking because i never played on Fresh Start and really do not know. But I was under the impression that people considered knowing what was coming a reason to go to Fresh Start.

Fresh starts only had partial early knowledge, because they didn't get all the previous patches, and not all info was known online, just what info there was on the omnom website.

Another possible solution might be providing a special item to us , like the original rune to convert those cursed obsidian to infusions. For players who have more than 2 months on server with limited time (like 2 days) ... so you don't need to revert anything.

How would you feel about a reduction in exp instead of completely changing it? Atleast then people still get some reward for their hard work. Im not really sure your intention for the change but this is perhaps a middle ground everyone can come to?
To be able to convert T1 obsidian into hiram when it can't be converted it into T1 erenor, something is wrong there, don't you think?
Why users of 1 type of the main game weapon (Hiram) should have extra bonuses that other type of main game weapon (Erenor) users don't have?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back