What's new

ArcheRage 5.0 (development-release info)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not old trade system? i get why but damn this sucks and hard since 4.5 and 5.0 were specially horrible and i'm not sure i have it in me to deal with it this time around, well i'm not playing much due to RL but seems like a good time to finally leave AA behind since from 5.0+ only get worse and worse in the more cruel ways but well i'll give it couple of weeks to see if any ray hope finds its way into XL darkness

A bunch of bad things from retail have been changed already the last patches, so ye do give it a shot imo, because we have new changes this patch too! It's tough patches for the devs to keep us happy but they try their best.

Is there any changes that are being considering on rework of the exile system so pn players dont stuck in different factions and can play with their friends?
The exile system does not use the fully automatic system that it normally would.
As for player nation members they have no special treatment. Will return to their home nation and have to go through the exile process the same as anyone else.

Is there any changes that are being considering on rework of the exile system so pn players dont stuck in different factions and can play with their friends?
make everyone in your PN go pirate for a little while so you can play together, then when one of the main factions has opened for exile you can send everyone back and move them over

Have you thought about increasing the amount of charcoal given with the new trade system. We all know that shit is going to be camped to high heaven as it is. Now you have to pay for the pack and the reward for successful turn in is shit. The only way it is going to even be remotely viable is if the rewards are more like 3x what they are currently slotted to be.

Have you thought about increasing the amount of charcoal given with the new trade system. We all know that shit is going to be camped to high heaven as it is. Now you have to pay for the pack and the reward for successful turn in is shit. The only way it is going to even be remotely viable is if the rewards are more like 3x what they are currently slotted to be.
You overestimate the risks. But we'll follow on the situation.

Just remembered something else that I keep forgetting to ask about since weeks xD will the halcy guards be fixed to have 5min invinc timer instead of 10?

Just remembered something else that I keep forgetting to ask about since weeks xD will the halcy guards be fixed to have 5min invinc timer instead of 10?
Can you go into the details? As I'm not aware about any bugs with the halcy guards.

Can you go into the details? As I'm not aware about any bugs with the halcy guards.

1. The original halcyona war started with a 10 minute timer of invincibility in the base, during which no one can be attacked and everyone can accept the quest. After 10min quest npc + invincibility despawned. The total war time was an hour after that.

2. Right now, the relic and player safety + quest timer is 5 minutes, and the total war time after it despawns is 30 minutes. However, the guards still have 10min invincibility from the original -> the bug, as it should be on the same time as the rest.

1. The original halcyona war started with a 10 minute timer of invincibility in the base, during which no one can be attacked and everyone can accept the quest. After 10min quest npc + invincibility despawned. The total war time was an hour after that.

2. Right now, the relic and player safety + quest timer is 5 minutes, and the total war time after it despawns is 30 minutes. However, the guards still have 10min invincibility from the original -> the bug, as it should be on the same time as the rest.
Fixed for 5.0.

Hello \o/

I am here to talk about the new trade system again. XL Games did a horrendous job removing the old trade system and in fact, the developers killed the whole system for everyone. Archeage is a sandbox game and the changes in the trade system removed a big portion of the emergent, sandbox gameplay that we all love in AA.

I know that with the new client, we had to say farewell to the old trade system, but, I think that even the new -less fun- system has a margin to make some improvements. Before my suggestions, I would like to first talk about what i think will happen in the next few weeks/months.

With 5.0 we will only be able to sell cargo packs overseas to get Chargoal. As I see it, noone will ever run packs to Diamond Shores as it is the same risk of getting robbed and the time it takes you to reach DS from Nuia/Haranya is also marginally higher than TC/Solis. That leads to a situation where everyone will try to move Cargo to Two Crowns and Solis.

This is one of the biggest problems. Having only one viable destination means that said destination (Two Crowns-Solis) will be heavily camped. As a result, only the big guilds or the strongest players will have access to charcoal. They will control the market, thus controlling a farely big portion of the economy of the server. Gear gap will widen.

Camping Two Crowns/Solis means that eventually players will stop running cargo as the earnings will be small and the risk will be too high. I am doing overseas runs with my lovely Merchant Schooner for fun. It is one of my favourite things to do in AR and talking with other people, they feel the same. Furthermore, being able to only run Cargo packs means that not only the destinations (Two Crown/Solis) will be camped, but the Trade Outlets where you buy Cargo will be camped as well.

Everyone will know that you are about to run Cargo. They will just wait outside the peace area and then attack you. The risk to get robbed is too damn high and the rewards too damn small. In a few weeks or months, noone except big guilds will be running cargo. The price of Charcoal will skyrocket. Crafting will be problematic. Everyone will have to grind more to get the extra gold for their crafting. Players will no longer craft so much. Removing the sand from the box is not the answer. This is a serious change that will affect the whole game, not only its economy aspect, but the aspect of having more fun as well.

My suggestions:
1) If it is possible from development standpoint, add new custom NPCs or machines to Villanelle, Ynystere, Cinderstone and Solzreed so we can sell Cargo there too.

2) Increase the rewards for each Cargo Pack. Double will be ok, as Larders are cheaper to run than the new Cargo but get you more Charcoals right now.

3) Another idea would be to add a machine in Solis, Villanelle, Ynystere, Two Crowns, Cinderstone and Solzreed Trade Outlets, where you can sell Aged Packs to get an untradable Coin. Then we can exchange that said Coins in Mirage for Charcoal.

And please, pay attention to the situation in the next weeks and make the needed changes.

Kisses from Qisna of the Adorable family \o/
Keep up the great work you do all these years and Happy 3rd Anniversary <3 :)

Hello \o/

I am here to talk about the new trade system again. XL Games did a horrendous job removing the old trade system and in fact, the developers killed the whole system for everyone. Archeage is a sandbox game and the changes in the trade system removed a big portion of the emergent, sandbox gameplay that we all love in AA.

I know that with the new client, we had to say farewell to the old trade system, but, I think that even the new -less fun- system has a margin to make some improvements. Before my suggestions, I would like to first talk about what i think will happen in the next few weeks/months.

With 5.0 we will only be able to sell cargo packs overseas to get Chargoal. As I see it, noone will ever run packs to Diamond Shores as it is the same risk of getting robbed and the time it takes you to reach DS from Nuia/Haranya is also marginally higher than TC/Solis. That leads to a situation where everyone will try to move Cargo to Two Crowns and Solis.

This is one of the biggest problems. Having only one viable destination means that said destination (Two Crowns-Solis) will be heavily camped. As a result, only the big guilds or the strongest players will have access to charcoal. They will control the market, thus controlling a farely big portion of the economy of the server. Gear gap will widen.

Camping Two Crowns/Solis means that eventually players will stop running cargo as the earnings will be small and the risk will be too high. I am doing overseas runs with my lovely Merchant Schooner for fun. It is one of my favourite things to do in AR and talking with other people, they feel the same. Furthermore, being able to only run Cargo packs means that not only the destinations (Two Crown/Solis) will be camped, but the Trade Outlets where you buy Cargo will be camped as well.

Everyone will know that you are about to run Cargo. They will just wait outside the peace area and then attack you. The risk to get robbed is too damn high and the rewards too damn small. In a few weeks or months, noone except big guilds will be running cargo. The price of Charcoal will skyrocket. Crafting will be problematic. Everyone will have to grind more to get the extra gold for their crafting. Players will no longer craft so much. Removing the sand from the box is not the answer. This is a serious change that will affect the whole game, not only its economy aspect, but the aspect of having more fun as well.

My suggestions:
1) If it is possible from development standpoint, add new custom NPCs or machines to Villanelle, Ynystere, Cinderstone and Solzreed so we can sell Cargo there too.

2) Increase the rewards for each Cargo Pack. Double will be ok, as Larders are cheaper to run than the new Cargo but get you more Charcoals right now.

3) Another idea would be to add a machine in Solis, Villanelle, Ynystere, Two Crowns, Cinderstone and Solzreed Trade Outlets, where you can sell Aged Packs to get an untradable Coin. Then we can exchange that said Coins in Mirage for Charcoal.

And please, pay attention to the situation in the next weeks and make the needed changes.

Kisses from Qisna of the Adorable family \o/
Keep up the great work you do all these years and Happy 3rd Anniversary <3 :)
1. No it isn't possible. This has been repeatedly said throughout the entire 5.0 discussion.
2. We'll be watching over the system after its release to what improvements should be taken.
3. This is just asking for a more complex version of point 1. There isn't going to be more machines or npcs.

1. No it isn't possible. This has been repeatedly said throughout the entire 5.0 discussion.
I thought the only thing that makes this impossible is that the big brains at XL made it so that only maps tagged two crowns, solis and diamond shores would make the trade NPCs be able to give charcoal.
Taking that in mind what's preventing adding more NPCs to those maps(though I doubt that'll help much) or tagging other maps that don't have anything to do with the trade system as one of those, example: tag halcyona gulf as diamond shores(or a new custom tag) and add a trade outlet on the island at the south of that sea, unless the trade tag is the same that's used for other things(such as kill quests) I don't see why this couldn't be an option to add a couple more options.

I thought the only thing that makes this impossible is that the big brains at XL made it so that only maps tagged two crowns, solis and diamond shores would make the trade NPCs be able to give charcoal.
Taking that in mind what's preventing adding more NPCs to those maps(though I doubt that'll help much) or tagging other maps that don't have anything to do with the trade system as one of those, example: tag halcyona gulf as diamond shores(or a new custom tag) and add a trade outlet on the island at the south of that sea, unless the trade tag is the same that's used for other things(such as kill quests) I don't see why this couldn't be an option to add a couple more options.
The entire map zone breaks by doing that.
First you can't have 2 areas defined the same. It will causes crashes.
If somehow you don't crash no quests, respawns or anything zone specific will work anymore.
You cannot create just a custom tag because a tag has to be defined to a zone that exists in the world.

There is not going to be more npcs, trade outlets or anything of the kind because it is not possible to do.

You overestimate the risks. But we'll follow on the situation.

There are already players with multi-accounts camping in the ports of Haranya, like Villanelle. Where is it overestimated?

Although I remember from the official the rate of payment of charcoal / onyx archeum essence from Nuia to Haranya as vice versa is 20 depending on the percentage and considering Nuia as Haranya to Diamond Shore with luck it could reach 30... there is going to be a nice multi account carnival in the sea taking advantage of the radars. Or they will have to add another safe boat between Solis - Two Crowns or increase the puddle payments as the risk is too high for such a low reward.

There are already players with multi-accounts camping in the ports of Haranya, like Villanelle. Where is it overestimated?

Although I remember from the official the rate of payment of charcoal / onyx archeum essence from Nuia to Haranya as vice versa is 20 depending on the percentage and considering Nuia as Haranya to Diamond Shore with luck it could reach 30... there is going to be a nice multi account carnival in the sea taking advantage of the radars. Or they will have to add another safe boat between Solis - Two Crowns or increase the puddle payments as the risk is too high for such a low reward.
Multi-accounts are forbidden by our server rules. If you see such - report in the tickets.

As Development is now completed, thread is closed.
Status changed from "in development" to "released".

Details of the 5.0 update can be found HERE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back