What's new

Question: When will patch 6.0 be released?

Tiptoe

I see the server is now on patch 5.5, so I'm hoping 6.0 is pretty close to release. I really want to come back to AR, but I honestly can't play without 'Story Quest Gear'. I know people will mock, but this gear (that can be awakened into Hiram) is the most awesome, game changing thing that was ever added to AA and I'm pretty sure it was added in patch 6.0. So I continue to wait patiently :)

I'm not a staff member but with 5.5 being around the corner I think you can expect 6.0 by the end of the year.

With 5.5 about to hit the server this month i believe, and 5.7 update yet to come... i would bet that 6.0 might be a reality next year... i guess. Or even by the very end of this year though 🤔

With 5.5 about to hit the server this month i believe, and 5.7 update yet to come... i would bet that 6.0 might be a reality next year... i guess. Or even by the very end of this year though 🤔
There is no such patch 5.7
Itis 5.5 to 6.0

Aha I thought you were already at 5.5, but no worries. If you get 6.0 by the end of the year that will be ok. I'm a very patient person :)

I see the server is now on patch 5.5, so I'm hoping 6.0 is pretty close to release. I really want to come back to AR, but I honestly can't play without 'Story Quest Gear'. I know people will mock, but this gear (that can be awakened into Hiram) is the most awesome, game changing thing that was ever added to AA and I'm pretty sure it was added in patch 6.0. So I continue to wait patiently :)
You are wasting your time and your gear could be finished arleady.

Nah, I'm afraid it wouldn't. I can't tell you how many characters I've leveled to 50, only to abandon each one of them when I'm forced to start grinding Abyssal mobs. I absolutely hate Abyssal mobs. If you aren't geared then these bastards hit like a truck. Perhaps the grind wouldn't be so nightmarish if 'ALL' Auroria mobs dropped Hiram gear and Scrolls (then you could at least choose which mobs you wanted to farm) and if the gear you found was account bound instead of character bound (then you could at least share it among your characters like the current pre-50 dropped gear). But as it is, once I reach level 50, I lose all desire to keep playing :(

Nah, I'm afraid it wouldn't. I can't tell you how many characters I've leveled to 50, only to abandon each one of them when I'm forced to start grinding Abyssal mobs. I absolutely hate Abyssal mobs. If you aren't geared then these bastards hit like a truck. Perhaps the grind wouldn't be so nightmarish if 'ALL' Auroria mobs dropped Hiram gear and Scrolls (then you could at least choose which mobs you wanted to farm) and if the gear you found was account bound instead of character bound (then you could at least share it among your characters like the current pre-50 dropped gear). But as it is, once I reach level 50, I lose all desire to keep playing :(
I'm actually on the same page. I'm a complete noob, mind you, but I played back on the first server (the russian one, I guess? When it was 3.0? I'm not sure) and I had a blast with the friends I made on the game. Just quit because the toxicity was too much to ignore, people were real assholes.
So, now that I have the time, I started playing here recently and was enjoying until I got to level 50. I went straight to Auroria to start farming some equips like I did back in the day and I was very surprised that the mobs dont drop anything anymore and this hiram thing is mindless rng grind. Was also very disappointed that the struggle for land is real, there are people who owns 6~7 plots of land in the same place by themselves, most of it empty, while new people are strugglin' to fit a 8x8 anywhere.
Its a real bummer, I get bored and disappointed everytime I even think about launching the game.

I think the problem is in your approach for both of you, u can access support pack which contains armor and weapon of choice for hiram so you wont be running but naked, u can join events like CR to get infusion chests which contains infusion to "level up" your hiram. Auroriam mobs no longer drop aurorian gear since like 4.5 when hiram was released, thats normal thing, and hiram gear even on lowest lvl performs better. And for all 99% other players there was no problem that they need to farm gear in one area, scrolls in other - its part of progression, part how was game designed and well no one will changed that for 2 people who even barerly touched the game. If u wanna lands just keep looking in other locations or gather gold and buy lands from other players. Nothing is granted free.

Then you'll be stuck in the same place in 6.0.
Explorers gear will not remove the need to grind mobs. Neither will it lesson it. You'll still grind a lot of mobs for infusions and scrolls.
Exploreres gear costs gold to purchase. So you'll be needing to kill mobs 1 way or the other

I think the problem is in your approach for both of you, u can access support pack which contains armor and weapon of choice for hiram so you wont be running but naked, u can join events like CR to get infusion chests which contains infusion to "level up" your hiram. Auroriam mobs no longer drop aurorian gear since like 4.5 when hiram was released, thats normal thing, and hiram gear even on lowest lvl performs better. And for all 99% other players there was no problem that they need to farm gear in one area, scrolls in other - its part of progression, part how was game designed and well no one will changed that for 2 people who even barerly touched the game. If u wanna lands just keep looking in other locations or gather gold and buy lands from other players. Nothing is granted free.
Nothing is ever free and someone who thinks otherwise is a fool. But to make gold in a meaningful way, you need land. Without land you'll get bored of the game before doing something meaningful. To buy land you need, again, gold and a lot of it. The cheapest land I found on the game was 6.5k gold. There must be some way cheaper, but considering people are selling a strip of leather for 25 gold in the AH, I wouldn't bet on it. So the problem turns 360° real fast. Its like getting a job: To get a job you need experience but to get experience you need a job. Its messed up.
I'll do a little research on how to get this support pack, at least it will have a semblance of progression after lvl 50 and I'll get out of limbo. But about the lands all I'm saying is that it need to be cleaned. That are people who owns more than 5 plots and they're not even using it, its all empty. They just log in, pay taxes and log out. Its insane.

Then you'll be stuck in the same place in 6.0.
Explorers gear will not remove the need to grind mobs. Neither will it lesson it. You'll still grind a lot of mobs for infusions and scrolls.
Exploreres gear costs gold to purchase. So you'll be needing to kill mobs 1 way or the other
You're absolutely right, but Explorer's gear enables me to kill the mobs I need to kill. I'm a veteran player, so I can't get the support pack, so it's just quest and dropped gear for me, which really doesn't cut it in Auroria. But don't get me wrong, I actually enjoy killing mobs. But not when I'm under geared, then it's just frustrating.

Anyway, in retail AA you get Explorer's Gear and Infusions/Awakening Scrolls as Story Quest rewards. I'm not kidding when I say it's game changing! I've been playing AA (in some form) since 2014, but it was not until the introduction of this gear that I actually got to experience most of the content. It's one of the best things XL Games has ever done for the game.

Now I'm pretty sure 6.0 coincided with the release of AAU and it's probably one of my favorite patches. I think a lot people liked that patch and I've a feeling that many former players will return to ArcheRage when you finally get it. Because AAU is nothing more than a toxic, bot infested nightmare. But we need that gear! :)

Last edited:
Went to the forum to see custom 5.5 changes and saw this thread.
Hiram gear killed the classic archeage, killed craft and most of the trade. You’re not a “veteran” if you can’t overcome these elementary difficulties. it's easier to whine on the forum than to cooperate in an mmo game and start doing something

Last edited:
The only thing that Explorer's gear changes is the requirement to farm for perfect hiram pieces and since in this server gold ain't a problem its easy to get perfect hiram gear in t1 without even moving a finger and wasting lootbuffs trying to drop a ton of hiram unidentified gear. That's the only change it happens. Eitherway instead of waiting for such thing I already farmed a hiram set ready to get to t3

By the time 6.0 comes around, I am pretty sure you would have your gear by then if you actually went out and got it. You can always join a guild that actively helps new ppl or returning people farm. For the past year or so all I have seen you do on here is whine and complain about things being hard while everyone else has passed u up that has started after you.

You're absolutely right, but Explorer's gear enables me to kill the mobs I need to kill. I'm a veteran player, so I can't get the support pack, so it's just quest and dropped gear for me, which really doesn't cut it in Auroria. But don't get me wrong, I actually enjoy killing mobs. But not when I'm under geared, then it's just frustrating.

Anyway, in retail AA you get Explorer's Gear and Infusions/Awakening Scrolls as Story Quest rewards. I'm not kidding when I say it's game changing! I've been playing AA (in some form) since 2014, but it was not until the introduction of this gear that I actually got to experience most of the content. It's one of the best things XL Games has ever done for the game.

Now I'm pretty sure 6.0 coincided with the release of AAU and it's probably one of my favorite patches. I think a lot people liked that patch and I've a feeling that many former players will return to ArcheRage when you finally get it. Because AAU is nothing more than a toxic, bot infested nightmare. But we need that gear! :)

I see what you are saying. Played since Alpha and what you are talking about it quite nice on a retail server. But here, with some friends you can bang out a decent set of gear quicker and easier. You can also just spend 1k credits and get a complete set of Hiram gear off the bat. Going to faction events will net you plenty of honor here compared to retail and you can t1 gem easily within the first week with full celestial level slots on even a green item. I am sure that is a fun mechanic and if it your cup of tea no one will change your mind. But there is much more here compared to retail in terms of rewards that make up the differences. Explorer's Gear is similar to the old soulshard gear on retail or here. It was a good thing to throw on your Healbot/Hauler alts and that's about it.

Back