What's new

ArcheRage 6.5 (development-release info + suggestions)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sparkle

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
0. Main banner 6.5.png

Dear ArcheRagers!
We are glad to inform you that currently we are actively working on 6.5 “Garden of the Gods & The Ipnysh Sanctuary” global update.

In this thread you can share your thoughts on the update as well as provide the ideas and suggestions you have.
You can find 6.5 global update patch notes HERE.

Note: custom part of the patch notes hasn’t been included into the patch notes yet. Custom updates will be posted a bit later!
Estimate release time: approx 3-4 weeks.

This thread will remain open until 6.5 release, so you can use it for any discussion related to this global update.

One Request would be, when the Erenor Cloacks can now be awakend, can the "Hero Reward Cloacks" adjusted to the Stats the new Cloacks have?

One Request would be, when the Erenor Cloacks can now be awakend, can the "Hero Reward Cloacks" adjusted to the Stats the new Cloacks have?
The new cloaks don't have special stats. They get a 4th synthesis stat and a very small increase to current stats. Hero cloaks still have better stat amounts then the new t2 cloaks. So I'm not sure what it is you're asking for

The new cloaks don't have special stats. They get a 4th synthesis stat and a very small increase to current stats. Hero cloaks still have better stat amounts then the new t2 cloaks. So I'm not sure what it is you're asking for
then everything is fine^^ when the rewards are still better :)

So I gotta ask: what are you planning for new players in this patch?

This patch at its core is a majority of content for players that don't realize they're afflicted by sunk cost fallacy. Legacy was dead at this point, new players weren't joining and old players that didn't have time to deal with yet another patch power creep quit. This patch on this server just seems like you're asking to lose population. I know a number of older players already don't have time to deal with this patch and all the extra content on top of the massive spread of dailies we already have to do, to the point where the only PVP anyone sees is timed content in Halcyona. Veteran players on this server are going to dwindle as they do with every patch, but unless you're doing something drastic for newer players, no one new is going to come to this server, see the hurdles that they already have to overcome and THEN SOME with this patch, and stay. They will turn around and leave without looking back.

1. Disable or heavily reduce point generation from AFKing in garden, all it does is incentivize people to hide or use permastealth mounts with macros, the way this played out in the last 2 years since this was released on live servers is that the zone is just a giant dead afk fest.

Heavily increase point generation from killing mobs and doing activities.

---

2. With no conversion to make brilliant hiram scrolls (ehm) to glorious hiram scrolls (garden), consider doing a custom buff to the mammoth and tree quest to make them give 10-20 brilliant scrolls each. If you get rank 6 in garden each day you get one try to get t4>t5, but you cant even get one try per day from t3>t4 as is right now.

Also buff the western hiram weeklies, sungold/exeloch/reedwind weeklies to give twice as many scrolls. Buff diamond shores weekly to give two decrystalization scrolls.

The scrolls these weeklies give can't be converted up to garden scrolls (t4>t5) so it won't speed up the new part of the game at all, but it allows new people or those that are behind to catch up a little bit faster.

• Weekly quests require 5x the previous task requirements and yield 5x the rewards.

Weeklies should be giving 7x rewards at the very minimum, otherwise this patch is a nerf to progression of lower tiers of gear.

---

3. Development team, make sure to check the skill damage of every weapon and make sure it properly corresponds with the weapon speed.

i.e. Dagger should do 20% less ability damage than a Sword since dagger is .8 speed and sword is 1 speed

There was a bug in live that messed up these values and daggers did much more damage than they were supposed to.

Last edited:
OHHH befor i forget it, pls check the EXP Requirements from Erenor T3 that the Grades stay the same as they are. Not that it happen again that you got a mythic Item and it Pops back to leggy or something

Based on the original patch notes, please consider the below.

"Decreased the maximum number of daily quests a character can take to 50 from 70."
Do not change amount of dailies we can accept: the custom dailies y'all have given us so far and probably will give us more of later will make it horrible to have them at the ready for boss spawns, to not forget to do them later, etc.

"Reduced the payment from the Specialty and Zone Packs."
Do not add this change, it makes your own custom change to commerce redundant. We do not want the regular AA nerfs here ;-;

So I gotta ask: what are you planning for new players in this patch?

This patch at its core is a majority of content for players that don't realize they're afflicted by sunk cost fallacy. Legacy was dead at this point, new players weren't joining and old players that didn't have time to deal with yet another patch power creep quit. This patch on this server just seems like you're asking to lose population. I know a number of older players already don't have time to deal with this patch and all the extra content on top of the massive spread of dailies we already have to do, to the point where the only PVP anyone sees is timed content in Halcyona. Veteran players on this server are going to dwindle as they do with every patch, but unless you're doing something drastic for newer players, no one new is going to come to this server, see the hurdles that they already have to overcome and THEN SOME with this patch, and stay. They will turn around and leave without looking back.
Many daily quests are changed to weekly quests with this patch.
If you have anything to suggest, do it.

I like everything, but what that guy said above with the attack speed. That does need to be fixed. Also, for the love of god, please add coral/pearl bundles this patch.

1. Disable or heavily reduce point generation from AFKing in garden, all it does is incentivize people to hide or use permastealth mounts with macros, the way this played out in the last 2 years since this was released on live servers is that the zone is just a giant dead afk fest.

Heavily increase point generation from killing mobs and doing activities.

---

2. With no conversion to make brilliant hiram scrolls (ehm) to glorious hiram scrolls (garden), consider doing a custom buff to the mammoth and tree quest to make them give 10-20 brilliant scrolls each. If you get rank 6 in garden each day you get one try to get t4>t5, but you cant even get one try per day from t3>t4 as is right now.

Also buff the western hiram weeklies, sungold/exeloch/reedwind weeklies to give twice as many scrolls. Buff diamond shores weekly to give two decrystalization scrolls.

The scrolls these weeklies give can't be converted up to garden scrolls (t4>t5) so it won't speed up the new part of the game at all, but it allows new people or those that are behind to catch up a little bit faster.

Weeklies should be giving 7x rewards at the very minimum, otherwise this patch is a nerf to progression of lower tiers of gear.

---

3. Development team, make sure to check the skill damage of every weapon and make sure it properly corresponds with the weapon speed.

i.e. Dagger should do 20% less ability damage than a Sword since dagger is .8 speed and sword is 1 speed

There was a bug in live that messed up these values and daggers did much more damage than they were supposed to.
1. We'll take a look into it.
2. We'll consider.
3. Thank you for bringing it to our attention. Will test this one as well.

"Decreased the maximum number of daily quests a character can take to 50 from 70."
Do not change amount of dailies we can accept: the custom dailies y'all have given us so far and probably will give us more of later will make it horrible to have them at the ready for boss spawns, to not forget to do them later, etc.
You understand it incorrectly. It’s not the number you can accept during the day, but the number you can keep active simultaneously.

Would also agree with the Coral/Pearl Bundles to add them earlier and remove when the real Patch for them is there! Exile System is such an Example for it
And its a real QOL Improvment for the complete Server

Many daily quests are changed to weekly quests with this patch.
If you have anything to suggest, do it.
I don't know what to suggest because I didn't play this patch before, but just reading it there's not a lot for lowbies aside from what suggestion I had made in the Suggestions thread that you said was being looked into

Sugestion to change halcy time at 12pm. For halcy time its really hard for asia player to join. Example many people from asia is GMT+7/+8/+9
So halcy server time at 4am our time is 4pm 5pm or 6pm, many of us still not back from work.
Then halcy server time at 12pm, our time is 1am, 2am, 3am, and we usually sleep, and get ready for work. The only time we can do halcy is saturday and sunday.

Hope you guys reconsider halcy time for asian player, i know thisbis NA server, but many people is from asia in this server. Its hurt our progress especially for new player that we lose infusion+honor+ 2k labor every monday-friday

Sugestion to change halcy time at 12pm. For halcy time its really hard for asia player to join. Example many people from asia is GMT+7/+8/+9
So halcy server time at 4am our time is 4pm 5pm or 6pm, many of us still not back from work.
Then halcy server time at 12pm, our time is 1am, 2am, 3am, and we usually sleep, and get ready for work. The only time we can do halcy is saturday and sunday.

Hope you guys reconsider halcy time for asian player, i know thisbis NA server, but many people is from asia in this server. Its hurt our progress especially for new player that we lose infusion+honor+ 2k labor every monday-friday
Event times are not something that will be changed off of 1 request. You need to create a separate thread and poll for that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back