What's new

ArcheRage 6.5 (development-release info + suggestions)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay. Just to let you know it will take me more time to upgrade my gear to that point to easily farm all these dungeons than the time i need to farm 100k gold on this server.
That's fine. Your argument is "geared people can solo the dungeons and make a ton of gold" while also hating Hiram and expecting everyone to farm those dungeons for 4 hours every day until they are suicidal just to get archeum to upgrade their gear A LITTLE BIT. If you can get both of those steps completed, you'll be at the same gear point as those who are at the top end of the gear gap (because you'll be getting archeum to craft your own gear to that point) AND you can make top-tier gear since that's apparently all we have to do to get a massive supply of archeum!

If it takes longer for you to get to that point than it took the rest of us, then it disproves your own point and proves that the removal of Auroria land has handicapped the server for all players, new and old. If you get to that point in gear faster than us, then you sir are a wizard.

And this is a gear gap caused by faster hiram progression or slower pre-hiram progression? I think no one here can say that's a result of slower progression - it's in fact the opposite, hiram progression is way too fast for the core of this game. I do not want to be arrogant but - Rekt!
Feb 2018, that is my account creation date and most of the very high GS player come around the same time or swiped themselves to 17k+ in a couple of weeks.

The problem with your logic is that is not AAU and we are all starting togheter, this server is been up years dude and we old players already have everything this game can offer (mansions, toon of land, cars, mounts, etc, etc.), so regardless of what you think of progression we have the advantage since we only have to focus on hoard stuff for next patch and keep gearing up, new players cant.

Your logic is stupid also because slower progression won't hinder me or anyone here already 17k+ gs, because i'm already there and the server is not going to downgrade my gear to make it slower, this will only hinder new players and has been for a while since very few stay here after reaching 10k gs for this same reason and getting sick of getting one shoted by everyone and their mom

The problem with your logic is that is not AAU and we are all starting togheter, this server is been up years dude and we old players already have everything this game can offer (mansions, toon of land, cars, mounts, etc, etc.), so regardless of what you think of progression we have the advantage since we only have to focus on hoard stuff for next patch and keep gearing up, new players cant.
This!
New update - old players hoard materials to jump in progression that would normally take weeks for any other player than them - It will only take days for them.
This never changes. It keeps happening on every single update there is. Now try to add up these jumping progression sessions for older players on multiple patches.

I think you misunderstood when I said the game needs slower progression. I didn't mean the SERVER needs slower progression. I said the GAME needs slower progression.
Whatever gap is created on the server at this point is Lethal. Nothing from that point can fix it. It's done. But the actual reason why we ever got to that point is because of the sped up progression. Everything has consequences - here in game as well as in life.

This!
New update - old players hoard materials to jump in progression that would normally take weeks for any other player than them - It will only take days for them.
This never changes. It keeps happening on every single update there is. Now try to add up these jumping progression sessions for older players on multiple patches.

I think you misunderstood when I said the game needs slower progression. I didn't mean the SERVER needs slower progression. I said the GAME needs slower progression.
Whatever gap is created on the server at this point is Lethal. Nothing from that point can fix it. It's done. But the actual reason why we ever got to that point is because of the sped up progression. Everything has consequences - here in game as well as in life.
From a overall game mechanics perspective then i do agree with you, as for this actual server i do think we need to boost new players in some way to help mitigate the massive gear differences, for at least hiram so it does not affect the server income from any whale looking for erenor tho

This!

Speeding up progression on the lower end of the game is needed. There's literally no way to get casual players up to PVP capability than by faster progression at the early-game. The players on top either got there through swiping (bypassing progression limitations entirely) or by attrition of being here a long-ass time. Slower progression would make it take longer for the gear gap to be closed, not shorter. You're literally backwards in the thought process.

Last edited:
as for this actual server i do think we need to boost new players in some way to help mitigate the massive gear differences
Yeah you do since new players can't find land ( simply there is barely any land available, found a few 16x16 here and there and a single 24x24 - While some players literally OWNS entire AREAS of plots all connected and NOT EVEN USED ). They have no vehicles. So the only thing they can do is - public rifts. There is currently some homecoming gifts that I received myself too. But unless they give mythic hiram infusions at some point, I do not see me every being able to bypass the months required to farm infusions. Not to mention the labor needed for low larceny prof. skilled players.

Speeding up progression on the lower end of the game is needed. There's literally no way to get casual players up to PVP capability than by faster progression at the early-game. The players on top either got there through swiping (bypassing progression limitations entirely) or by attrition of being here a long-ass time. Slower progression would make it take longer for the gear gap to be closed, not longer. You're literally backwards in the thought process.
:)

Your happy face means nothing. My point is countering your "sped up progression is the devil". Sped up progression is the only reason most of this server is still playing. Slowed down progression would mean those that got ahead faster would still get there and the rest of the population would be even further behind. You're contradicting yourself. That seems to be a pattern for you. :)

Last edited:
most of this server is still playing
Most of this server who are still playing are essentially probably the minority that remained playing after all the devastating unhealthy updates that we all experienced on Live servers too. So your majority is the overall minority.

Most of this server who are still playing are essentially probably the minority that remained playing after all the devastating unhealthy updates that we all experienced on Live servers too. So your majority is the overall minority.
So you're saying sped up progression is the reason people are still playing here because slowed down progression on Live servers is why they quit and why Live servers are dead? Got it. You could've just said "you're right I'm wrong" and saved yourself the trouble of typing out "essentially probably", which tells us you essentially probably don't know what the fuck you're talking about. :)

So you're saying sped up progression is the reason people are still playing here because slowed down progression on Live servers is why they quit and why Live servers are dead? Got it. You could've just said "you're right I'm wrong" and saved yourself the trouble of typing out "essentially probably", which tells us you essentially probably don't know what the fuck you're talking about.
No. Patches from Hiram onwards have sped up progression that creates massive gaps within the community. It's almost the same as on Live servers. The only difference with this server and Live server in terms of speed of progression is that you only need 1 computer and 1 account here and also the decreased growth time overall that makes some difference. It's not about Live vs Private... It's about Hiram vs. Pre-hiram versions of the game.

No. Patches from Hiram onwards have sped up progression that creates massive gaps within the community. It's almost the same as on Live servers. The only difference with this server and Live server in terms of speed of progression is that you only need 1 computer and 1 account here and also the decreased growth time overall that makes some difference. It's not about Live vs Private... It's about Hiram vs. Pre-hiram versions of the game.
Since I don't have a Live account, can you get me the spread of top 100 GS on a Legacy server and one of the AAU servers? Because you keep talking about "massive gaps" of gear but I'm curious to know what theirs is compared to ours

Since I don't have a Live account, can you get me the spread of top 100 GS on a Legacy server and one of the AAU servers? Because you keep talking about "massive gaps" of gear but I'm curious to know what theirs is compared to ours
I do not have legacy AA client.
Neither AAU client anymore.
Despite me still having sub for Unchained, I uninstalled the game probably like an year ago. I have membership that they granted to us after switching from b2p into sub-model, since i haven't activated it yet. But sadly I do not have the client installed to log in otherwise I would. But almost 100% sure the gap here is bigger mostly because people leaned towards private servers in the past to avoid Hiram gear... and unfortunately is exactly what they got at some point.

Is there a possibility to make territory coins tradeable? Doesn't make sense to limit them while lord coins are still being sold

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back