What's new

ArcheRage 6.5 (development-release info + suggestions)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You could also give out a special t2 hiram armor only pack for people who have recently claimed their support pack in the past 10-14 days

Last edited:
There is only 1 possible way to improve that accordingly. Character data - achievements account wide. For every 1000 gs achievement reached further you get lesser rewards ( that's in case they want to battle out the gaps with event rewards ). Newer players will get the most, advanced players will barely get anything ( since it comes down to needs after all ).
+1 to having account wide achievements that would check gear progression.

I am a bit under 7k GS on my main. It will come to the point that new and returning players will get better gear than me just because I am considered active player by the server not taking into account on what GS I am standing, which is disheartening.

I had bad luck with previous patches where you could basically switch your obsidians to hiram infusions but not all obsidians could be changed and this was the tier I had so I had to basically start Hiram from nothing where I had to farm Hirams equipment first to have anything to upgrade while the new players had Hiram from the pack. If I remember correctly when I asked support for anything I get an option to remove account and create new so I would get gear but lose everything else... not a nice response. But I digress.

Having pack for a player tied to gear progression instead of new/returning/active players would be much more fair. And yes I guess it would require mountain of work to prepare such system and packs for all groups of gear progression, and tune them so they wont be OP.

As the matter of speeding up progression for low geared players is in review I would like to add only one thing.
I liked buff "Don't give up" (increase drop rate and xp if I remember correctly) that was on my character for a moment not to long ago. Unfortunately before I had time to go do some infusion grinding it ended. It would be great if it could be connected to gear progression achievement where low GS players could catch up by grinding few more infusions and scrolls a bit easier, aside getting them from quest rewards.

I liked buff "Don't give up" (increase drop rate and xp if I remember correctly) that was on my character for a moment not to long ago. Unfortunately before I had time to go do some infusion grinding it ended. It would be great if it could be connected to gear progression achievement where low GS players could catch up by grinding few more infusions and scrolls a bit easier, aside getting them from quest rewards.
This buff is a nation wide buff. As I recall that's in-game buff that is set active on the lowest activity nation each week. It has nothing to do with progression itself.

No one who has claimed the previous support pack is going to be able to claim it again.

As this is neither about 6.5 anymore and changes for 6.5 have been put in place for tomorrow this thread is now closed

As Development is now completed, thread is closed.
Status changed from "in development" to "released".

Details of the 6.5 update can be found HERE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back