What's new

ArcheRage EU

arrancara

I was wondering what the current stance is regarding opening up a European server due to the recent changes that are happening with Trion, I am sure a lot of European players are turning towards Archerage to continue playing this game. One drawback is the ping and the server time. The first problem is not that big as it can be fixed by using 3-rd party applications or the user can get used to it. But the second problem is that most of us Europeans would not be able to attend events purely because its too late/early.
Opening up a EU server would certainly bring more players to the game as I am sure a lot of us Europeans are not overly optimistic about the game given gamigos history.
I understand that this would probably mean some European players currently playing the game on NA would leave and I cannot comment on how it would change the state of game as I dont know the numbers but that would also be needed to be taken into consideration.

I was wondering what the current stance is regarding opening up a European server due to the recent changes that are happening with Trion, I am sure a lot of European players are turning towards Archerage to continue playing this game. One drawback is the ping and the server time. The first problem is not that big as it can be fixed by using 3-rd party applications or the user can get used to it. But the second problem is that most of us Europeans would not be able to attend events purely because its too late/early.
Opening up a EU server would certainly bring more players to the game as I am sure a lot of us Europeans are not overly optimistic about the game given gamigos history.
I understand that this would probably mean some European players currently playing the game on NA would leave and I cannot comment on how it would change the state of game as I dont know the numbers but that would also be needed to be taken into consideration.

Some not all of the events have 2 times and the main events occur either every 4 hours or mutiple times a day. It may not be ideal times but it's still okay to get events done as a European player.

As for ping I can understand, however the Russian server is actually located in France and supports English.

An EU server sounds nice but on paper its a horrible idea to split the already scarce population, and NA players would also move over to the EU server just so they can start fresh and or keep up.

The problems with starting over on the RU server is there is a very scarce population of European players there.

The events I am referring to are events such as DGS, RD, Kraken , Abyssal/Luscas and other world boss content that makes the game so tangible to play as a group/guild.

In terms of population, most of the people starting over would be from the official servers who haven't played in any ArcheRage server yet, of course this would draw some players too from the existing ArcheRage servers so the effect on the population will be marginal.

Last edited:
There is not going to be any news servers.
@Crysanium is correct regarding the other server.
The Na and Ru server will renain as the only servers for the foreseeable future

Haven't been here in absolutely ages I just read about Trion being bought out finally and wanted to see if there was any progress with a new EU server but I suppose this answers it.

It's a shame really, the Russian servers been out for so so long I can't even imagine trying to catch up starting there it'd be as bad (I think) as starting fresh in Legacy, and with the influx of players now the games going down and people can discuss ArcheRage a bit more freely there's a definite opportunity for some money being made.

Also, anyone able to shed some light on the situation starting on the Russian server this late?

i visited RU's website and their highest GS player is at 8.4K which isn't very different from our Zyra.
i play since 4-5 months and am at 6.5K so it is very well possible to catch up

Haven't been here in absolutely ages I just read about Trion being bought out finally and wanted to see if there was any progress with a new EU server but I suppose this answers it.

It's a shame really, the Russian servers been out for so so long I can't even imagine trying to catch up starting there it'd be as bad (I think) as starting fresh in Legacy, and with the influx of players now the games going down and people can discuss ArcheRage a bit more freely there's a definite opportunity for some money being made.

Also, anyone able to shed some light on the situation starting on the Russian server this late?
the ping on na isnt bad even as a eu players, if you use ping boosters and what not it turns out pretty even.

the ping on na isnt bad even as a eu players, if you use ping boosters and what not it turns out pretty even.
I do use them, I was using Mudfish, then a Proxy based one then a VPN. I played an Enigmatist and the lagg was a joke, as someone who relies on no lagg to chain combos.

4-5 months to catchup is pretty hard you know ^^ especially to be relevant in PvP and start contesting stuff against guilds and enjoy raid vs raid content

There are alot of new players on the ru server all the time, they do enjoy the game alot especially with the gift packages for new players, ofc u wont be able to take part on the 'big content' yet but its still possible to catch up :)

There's another problem with the RU server. As I mentioned in another thread, the changes that 3.0 made to the vocation system weren't changed for the RU server.

On the NA server (due to player feedback) they changed patch 3.0 so that it wouldn't be so harmful to farmers. You can still buy high tier seeds and livestock with gold. But the poor old Russians can only buy with vocation.

So as a carebear/farmer this makes the NA server infinitely better for me.

There's another problem with the RU server. As I mentioned in another thread, the changes that 3.0 made to the vocation system weren't changed for the RU server.

On the NA server (due to player feedback) they changed patch 3.0 so that it wouldn't be so harmful to farmers. You can still buy high tier seeds and livestock with gold. But the poor old Russians can only buy with vocation.

So as a carebear/farmer this makes the NA server infinitely better for me.

I probably will never get this. So if you can't buy high tier seeds and livestock with gold, doesn't that mean, that you can sell it for more, since harder to get it?

I probably will never get this. So if you can't buy high tier seeds and livestock with gold, doesn't that mean, that you can sell it for more, since harder to get it?

No, having the ability to buy seeds and livestock with gold makes it much easier to get. It also makes earning gold much easier as well.

On the RU and official server, you can only buy seeds/trees/livestock with vocation points, which are much harder to earn and the amount you can earn is limited. It also forces you to do dailies (and quite frankly I'd rather have a tooth pulled).

In NA ArcheRage the amount you can buy is only limited by the amount of gold you have (and how much land you own). It's a much, much better server for carebears :)

The Russian server is not European server, don't try to market it as one. It may be located in Europe, but the players inside are mostly russian (they don't speak english at all). The system messages, alerts, news, announcements, forums are all in russian too. European players have 2 options:
1. Go to NA - ping problem. Good if you are not planing on doing any pvp.
2. Go to RU - communication problems.
I tried the RU server and 2 days i was searching for a party for GHA until i learned this phrase "Героическая воющая бездна". Good luck with all the other content...
A new server for the europeans is needed if you want to catch all the players leaving trino.

Back