What's new

[Beginner]Looking for best ways of making gold and level up (HELP)

Archerage > Tera

• Yes

Votes: 33 97.1%
  • No

Votes: 1 2.9%

• Total voters

Lord TouchMe

• Hello fellow gamers, i am new to this game many people advised me to play in the private server instead of the official game cause from what they say its totally P2W and garbage, so here i am here looking forward to try out the private server for a great experiance!

Since im new to the game, i've done my research on it and i think im kinda informed on how things go down in archeage, but what i want is to hear guides, advices and tips from Archeage veterant players, to provide me with the best tips and guides in order to have a great experiance, not only for me, but for many other beginners to come since they can read the post 2 :p.

Main questions i got for you :
  1. The average time to hit 55.
  2. Best proficiency to go with ( Goldwise )
  3. Is land a must in order to make allot of gold ( The answer on this one depends on the prof you guys will suggest )
  4. Do you have to spend mad time grinding for gear to be able to compete in pvp.
  5. The regrade chances on the private server are similar to the official or they'r higher like LP and xp etc.. ?

Thank you so much for taking your time to read my post and answering it, and sorry for my bad english ^ - ^

1. Welcome!

2. Avg to hit 55 depends on how much you play but really it's pretty fast. AFK fishing, processing potato's and etc. Anything that doesn't require crafting ( locked till lvl52). Also if you join a guild or people are nice enough to feed you bait worms and you can afk with boosters you will hit 55 super quick.

3. Land is not a must in order to make allot. There are plenty of ways to make gold without land. With 3.0 right around you will be fine with getting some land. I found that a aquafarm yielded some good passive income with selling coral. And was easier to find space.

4. depends on class really imo. 3.0 helps this out with dungeons and aria. So depends on how far you want to go in PvP.

5. Regrade I think is the same as retail. I prefer to not RNG. So I can't really say. I try here and there for fun but.

Simple put join a guild to get some help and help the guild to build up and find something that you like to do to make money. All really depends on your play style and amount you can play. The server is really good about helping new people out. minus the normal trolls and salty people. Just have fun and play how you want.

Average time to hit 55 is anywhere from 8 to 14 hours depending on how you approach trying to level.
yasopa regrade chances are not modified and so are the same as live for the current version.

I think 8 to 14 hours is way too long.

You could do 1-52 in probably 4-5 hours. A friend of mine who was very inexperienced with Archeage achieved that. The biggest time sink is going to be running around to keep up the level of the main quest line.

Once you hit 52, you can do 52-55 in about 90 seconds. Pop all your XP potions (including the +200% vocation XP one). Go to a farm, anyone's farm, and walk up to the scarecrow. Hit H, and craft bound tax certificates. They are 300 labor each, give ~320k XP, and craft in about 2 seconds. With a full labor pool, you can craft 16 bundles of them (5 per bundle, 80 certs). This is about 5.2 million XP, which should get you to 54. From here, log out and wait a few hours, or pop all your labor potions you got from the daily box, and you should get right up to 55.

This is the fastest, easiest way to finish the "grind".

Adding to the above...if you can level construction to the required 180k prof...crafting TRADABLE tax certs and selling on the AH makes some mad gold right now.

Adding to the above...if you can level construction to the required 180k prof...crafting TRADABLE tax certs and selling on the AH makes some mad gold right now.
That's because people will rather buy the taxs then use their own labor and not be able to do anything for 4 hours

That's because people will rather buy the taxs then use their own labor and not be able to do anything for 4 hours
Exactly. But he asked for a good way early on (fresh lvl 52) of money making and that is one. It takes a bit to get to where you can even run larder packs on land, and post 3.0 they aren't the best use of time for money anymore that they once had been IMO

I
Exactly. But he asked for a good way early on (fresh lvl 52) of money making and that is one. It takes a bit to get to where you can even run larder packs on land, and post 3.0 they aren't the best use of time for money anymore that they once had been IMO
I know of a way to power level in like 10 minutes from 35 to 50. it just takes having a friend who's an archer and already 55

Hi.
Im new too.
At first i was trying the old fashion way, quests, quests everywhere.
But i stumble with some labor quests that i cannot complete until lvl 52, so i abandoned them.
Now i hit lvl 52, i cant take or find any low level quest.
Im being asking around the forum and ingame, but so far no good answers.
Is there a archeage quests database valid for this server version?
All low level quests are unaccesible for high level players? is that a bug, or is how the game originally was created?
So far my problem is the one in solz with the sturdy trees, i cannot find the npc nor find any quest indication.
Im a quest completist so i want to complete all quests or try.

I

I know of a way to power level in like 10 minutes from 35 to 50. it just takes having a friend who's an archer and already 55

Sjinderson, can you share this way of powerleveling from 35-50 in 10 minutes? What, where and so on. I'm thinking of leveling all my toons to 55 and I'd like to have a quick way of doing so :) and I also have a few friends so we can help each other.

Sincerely.

Sjinderson, can you share this way of powerleveling from 35-50 in 10 minutes? What, where and so on. I'm thinking of leveling all my toons to 55 and I'd like to have a quick way of doing so :) and I also have a few friends so we can help each other.

Sincerely.

Farm mobs, open purses, let the archer kill mobs in a radius. My guess x) Using all the exp buffs ofc.

• The average time to hit 55.
  • Best proficiency to go with ( Goldwise )
  • Is land a must in order to make allot of gold ( The answer on this one depends on the prof you guys will suggest )
  • Do you have to spend mad time grinding for gear to be able to compete in pvp.
  • The regrade chances on the private server are similar to the official or they'r higher like LP and xp etc.. ?

1. Depends what race you pick. Dwarfs (West) & Warborns (East) have highly increased experience from their main-questline. While all other races will be around Lv.28 by the end of it, the "new" races will be Lv. 45.
Early level labor exp is super bad, so do not fish starting from Lv1. Do your green quests to the point where you are without any left. At that point, you'd have to pick up new quests at Cinderstone Moor / Ynystere. You can skip all the "hunting quests". which you aquire from the Wooden Axe signs.

When you have finished the first part of your green questlines, you should have 50+ Gilda Stars. (that takes an hour if you're fast).
Buy a Cottage / Clipper / Aquafarm design with it and sell it on the auction house. It will give you some gold to start out with. You can buy worms & a fishing rod with it to afk level until Lv52. Make sure you use all possible exp potions given to you by the green chest that you can open up with a cooldown of like 10s, 14 times. Once 52, don't bother rushing to 55. Just figure out what to do, you'll level up as you spend your labor. I don't think you can go to 55 in a day either, because you won't have the required labor pool. Though I might be wrong on this.

2. You can make gold with anything, of course, some will get you more, some less. Generally, all the agricultural proficiencies should get you gold, as it generates basic mats every player needs. This either requires land, or a safe spot in the open that is well hidden from other players.
Alchemy & Cooking can make you some gold, but it's best if you aquire the mats for potions & food yourself to max. profit. Which again, requires you to have land.
Some people say larency is a good way, now that Mysterious Garden Powder is at 10+ gold. I'm not a larency guy so I can't say much about it.
I won't say more about the rest, as I don't want to ruin gold making for anyone. One thing you should keep in mind is that nobody will give you 100% information of what they do to make their gold (unless they just swipe), because the more people do the same task in this game, the less value you get out of it. Find a crack in the market and fill it, don't tell anyone about it and you're good to go.

3. Land is "required" to maximize your profit if you go the agricultural /alchemy & cooking or even crafting route (leather, wool etc). Some proficiencies simply have crafting receipes that require a lot of basic mats. Aquiring those yourself will help you get more gold of what you are trying to sell as a finished product. You can always do hidden farms in the open. All plants, trees etc. here have half the grow time they have on live. Chances someone harvests your stuff and stealing it is low with a decent spot, especially when you grow it at a time, where it finishes at a daytime, when the server population is down.
A wonderful method to make gold without land is: Starshard mining & aqua-farms. There's almost infinite free space to place an aqua-farm. They cost 20 Gilda and can net you very good gold as a beginner. Corals are required for crafting oils, used to make weapons & gear in general. So they are always in demand. By doing aqua-farms, you can also level harvesting & alchemy at once.
If you place your aqua-farm at the starshards, you can mine starshards, turn it into Ingots, and do your farm when most of your labor is gone. This way, you level up Mining, Metalwork, Alchemy & Gathering.

I myself started out with hidden farms. But i grew tired of it, and eventually left it behind me. Ever since then I've never had farms/houses to plant mats for profit. I have a house for storage and a farm for prestige experia farms only.

Land is NOT needed, don't let anyone tell you otherwise. Theres ways of making gold with land, just like there are ways without it.
And which route is better is entirely dependant on what you do with it.

4. Depends on your class. Some classes take a ton of gear to be enjoyable (Archery, Mages). Melees are geared quickly, some other classes used to initiate in raids can be strong (or impactful rather) even at low gearscore, and noticable become stronger when geared, so you'll see improvement at any stage of gear. Archeage is a korean MMORPG, don't expect to be in top 100 in less than 3 months. Especially if you are new. It took me like 4-5 months ? to make it into top100. With the knowledge I have of the game right now, i'd probably be able to do it in 2.
Either way, there's plenty of casual guilds, people pirate the seas all the time, and most of them are below 5-6K gs from my experience.
They compensate their lack of gear by grouping up with friends and fighting together.

5. check sjinders reply.

oh dang this thread is old as hell. guess i'll just leave this here now that it's written down for anyone new.

Back