What's new

Black Pearl / Growling yawl, forgoten content.

havockitty

Growling yawl/ Black Pearl is forgoten ship not used by anyone that is still in game. 1st ship that needed 550 scraps to complete design, fastest ship in game before redesigning entire ship content at some point in the past. Discusion about that ship was never picked up by Trion and they never tried fix what they did to people that investest in that ship. In current state diference between Growling Yawl and other galeons is ammount of HP and it can hole some more people on deck.

So i was fishing today and my thoungs went into direction of that ship, Its pretty unique ship and what if our Admins could bring it back to life. What if that could be real pirate chasing ship.

What i would propose to do. Add Growling Yawl desing scraps to Rangora Morpheus Nazar and Prince Reising in the numer of 10, so someone that would like to build it need to kill 55 bosses make that 10 design scraps be 100% drop from ea of this bosses.

To Ship itself. Double it speed (make sure it can chase merchan ship from east to west). make it HP to half of normal galeon and half the number of ppl on deck it can hold to other galeons. This way we could have trully pirate pretty unique galeon. What u think ?

Last edited:
You need 55 scraps not 550. But yes I was trying to collect them at some point too and never got more than 3 lol. Bought them on the ah for 100g each but was super rare. Other times they were listed for 500-900g.
Only way to farm those afaik is from named mobs that have 30min respawn time in a camp located in halcy. Drop rate is awful for those. And nobody goes there.

You need 55 scraps not 550. But yes I was trying to collect them at some point too and never got more than 3 lol. Bought them on the ah for 100g each but was super rare. Other times they were listed for 500-900g.
Only way to farm those afaik is from named mobs that have 30min respawn time in a camp located in halcy. Drop rate is awful for those. And nobody goes there.

Oh my bad then then just 1 scrap per boss. Well but ship is eznan cutter basicly with some more HP, and noone use eznan cutters cuz of radar location and repair spots.

I think it'd be a great idea to add 1 scrap to the sea bosses. I farmed the named mobs in halcy castle before for a few hours and didn't even see a single scrap drop and i had full loot pots up.

I have spent over 10 hours attempting to farm these scraps. Killing Yeti's, going after the entire halcyona fleet, all with loot buffs. I've never gotten a single scrap to drop. The drop rate is abysmal, and loot buffs literally do nothing to help because of the way they work.

There should definitely be some increased drop rates. Like, 10% at least.

Scraps are only small part of what i wrote, there is literaly no reason to have Growling Yawl in the shape it is now. Lutesong Junk is superior to it a bit more HP and more ppl is not that significant. But creating from it a ship with diferent purpouse and statistics could change it.

I have farmed for those scraps myself getting around 20-30 before selling them off.
Adding them to ocean based bosses is something we can consider.

Changes to how the ship functions first requires a discussion for what should be changed to make it something desirable but not overpowered for a ship.

I think it's in 4.5 that the Growling Yawl gets a huge buff in turns of control and speed.

I have farmed for those scraps myself getting around 20-30 before selling them off.

Changes to how the ship functions first requires a discussion for what should be changed to make it something desirable but not overpowered for a ship.
I don't agree with this. Making the scraps available in a new and more reliable way would lessen the uniqueness of the Growling Yawl. Also do not alter the control and speed. The uniqueness is in the appearance and difficulty to obtain, not the function.

I don't agree with this. Making the scraps available in a new and more reliable way would lessen the uniqueness of the Growling Yawl. Also do not alter the control and speed. The uniqueness is in the appearance and difficulty to obtain, not the function.

but.. imo the enoan is a better one, and less unique than this xD wouldve expected it the other way around.

People actually want to use it as a viable boat, not just RP with it Choi :p

Chill there my proposition include it already, you have to kill 55 sea bosses to craft boat. making it already pretty unique.

I propose stat change to make it completely diferenty boat than we have now from multiple reasons. We dont need another galeon for pvp we already got them in game and Growling Yawl is eznan cutter with diferent look what make it always worse than lutesong junk, there is no point of trying make that boat competetive and with same purpouse. Its a pirate theme boat thats why i propose that changes so it could be used to hunt merchant ships.

Chill there my proposition include it already, you have to kill 55 sea bosses to craft boat. making it already pretty unique.

I propose stat change to make it completely diferenty boat than we have now from multiple reasons. We dont need another galeon for pvp we already got them in game and Growling Yawl is eznan cutter with diferent look what make it always worse than lutesong junk, there is no point of trying make that boat competetive and with same purpouse. Its a pirate theme boat thats why i propose that changes so it could be used to hunt merchant ships.
No. This doesn't promote anything. The people who want Growling Yawl have gone Growling Yawl regardless of the acquisition rates of Black Pearl Fragments or its stats.

No. This doesn't promote anything. The people who want Growling Yawl have gone Growling Yawl regardless of the acquisition rates of Black Pearl Fragments or its stats.

Um choi that was patch 2.2 i think i was one of ppl that had black pearl and trion destroyed that ship. This ship wasnt only to look pretty so i dont know what you talking about and i made that ship on oficial cuz it was BEST SHIP IN GAME fastest and with bigger radar then others. And btw thats why i called it "forgoten content" cuz Growling yawl was basicly abbadoned they hoped noone will remember it ever existed. Choi i think u dont know older patches and history of that ship man if u say that things.

Last edited:
Um choi that was patch 2.2 i think i was one of ppl that had black pearl and trion destroyed that ship. This ship wasnt only to look pretty so i dont know what you talking about and i made that ship on oficial cuz it was BEST SHIP IN GAME fastest and with bigger radar then others. And btw thats why i called it "forgoten content" cuz Growling yawl was basicly abbadoned they hoped noone will remember it ever existed. Choi i think u dont know older patches and history of that ship man if u say that things.
I'm quoting Admins and want the inconsistency to stop with picking and choosing what gets buffed, nerfed, or made easier to get. FYI I've played for 5.5 years since 1.4.

I'm quoting Admins and want the inconsistency to stop with picking and choosing what gets buffed, nerfed, or made easier to get. FYI I've played for 5.5 years since 1.4.

I just want piece of content that was lost with patches to come back in pretty simple way. It have nothing to do with balance and what i proposed will do nothing to server balance, water pvp is dominated by enoans and mecrhants that have to actualy deal with some RP pirates on Black Pearl have all the tools already in game to be safe (shroundlights boat blocking safe shores). I rly dont know why u are against something that would only bring some more fun and thing to chase in game by players.

And if u play that long you know that ship was changed and some point and from that point noone ever build that ship cuz is worse than lutesong junk. And as well way of obtaining it was just ridiculus. And people that get that ship were building it with intention to have better ship than others (what is not what i propose).

I am all about testing, What i proposed is based of my 2y experience of beign pirate on oficial + over 2y here. I proposed changes to speed bouyancy and HP cuz i already have clipper with colection breather that move pretty constantly 20m/s with eternal propelant and mythic sail. So cuz clippers can be that fast making a pirate ship that is fast and can chase merchant rly dont change anything in game balance cuz we already got ships that easly outrun any merchant ships. Why people would like to have it ? Having fast ship with radar on it is just convinient its always annoying in pirating that you have to delegate one or 2 people on merchant ship with radar and then place 2 others on clipper to chase Plus its super cool to be able chase using galeon, it was always sad for me that normal gallys were so slow. Link to clipper speed below.

Growling yawl could have constant speed like it would be always sailing N/S instead of increasing it speed or both increase a bit speed and make it like it always would be sailing N/S.

Last edited:
1.4? xD i only played 1.0, 1.2 and 1.7 Russia oficial server and Korea. Is that a special version for trion?

Back