What's new

Black Screen after the ArcheAge logo

Cabal

Having the black screen issue. Tried all the possible solutions I saw here in Discord, Forum and Reddit.
• Rebooted my computer
• Internet
• Re-installed the game
• Re-installed directX
• Updated my windows
• Updated my driver
• Turning off firewall
• Reinstalled the game again via torrent
• REINSTALLED DIRECTX THEN REBOOTED MY COMPUTER
• Run as admin
• Did repairs via launcher
• Deleted game_pak then click repair
• Deleted ALL the archeage files and reinstalled still none
• Sent a ticket
As you can see/hear from the clip I sent, I tried to blindly click the connect to the server and nothing happens. But clicking the settings at the upper right of the screen makes a sound and I can exit the game from the exit game logo next to it. If I missed something in the list please let me know

Found the issue and fixed it.

1st issue:
My friends and I bought this game called G.T.F.O and installed it. During the installation, there were some direct X options firewall yada yada so it disconnected ArcheRage (I always have my ArcheRage opened while playing other steam games with my friends) so I thought it was just meh, just another connection issues but it wasn't. ArcheRage settings automatically switched itself to FULLSCREEN after the new game installation and I tried the power of Alt Enter during the logo and it loaded
-
2nd issue:
I thought everything was fine but after clicking my toon at the character selection, it disconnected me instantly. Tried switching the game's settings to DX9, it loaded my game BUT I received this notice. Was wondering and panicking because I didn't do anything wrong and wasn't using any illegal programs. Searched in discord, no fix. Searched in forum, found one: REPAIR via game's launcher.

Before I close this thread, I just want to add another possibility WHY I received an illegal program. Whenever I am in call with someone through Viber, Rivatuner is showing its FPS and I find it very annoying so I tried to fix it by following this method:
I assume that the file I pasted in my Viber's folder COULD be one of the reasons why ArcheRage is telling me that I have an illegal program. I deleted that file, clicked repair in launcher, opened the game and I'm in. Coincidence or not, I hope this will help the person that looked for this thread because of the same issue.

TLDR: Alt + Enter / Repair / Deleted a file that I pasted in my Viber's folder

what.png

Back