What's new

Bring Back 4.0 Guild Size Limits

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe you should increase the number of members a guild can hold because a majority of YOUR PLAYERS want it. There are few good guilds on west and now no new people can join them and instead face a problem of not having a good guild. Great GREAT promotion to your game.

It is the same with East. There are a few fantastic guilds that are active and now they’ve been shut out.

You are being toxic to your new players. Players that meet a guildie in a maxed guild, make friends, and are shut out because of the administration. New players that need guidance and assistance in starting their AR life.

Why are you being so anti-new player? This isn’t about the people in those capped guilds. It is about the new player base that need mentors. Who can experience relief from the harshness of starting on this server via supportive guilds. You cannot be implying that they are helped outside of guild as much as they would be inside of the guild.

Where is the camaraderie? The sympathy? You told me to sympathize for those who have low end PCs when I requested for more decoration placement on housing. Why do you not sympathize for those who start this game alone? With no idea where to go or what to do?

Shame.

We have no plans to increase the number of members in the guilds and recommend the guilds not to keep inactive members in their guilds in hope for this change. If you have too many active members, divide them into 2 allied guilds, but waiting for the change we never confirmed will take place, may have a negative effect on the guild.

This also impacts returning players. I'm having to turn away former members that are looking to come back because the developers made an arbitrary change to guild caps without listening to feedback from the people paying their bills.

I realise having guilds packed with inactive members looks bad, but making that change screws over the active guilds with high active member counts. Splitting a community is also not an option. How does it look when a guild leader starts shoving members out the door so they can recruit again?

We have no plans to increase the number of members in the guilds and recommend the guilds not to keep inactive members in their guilds in hope for this change. If you have too many active members, divide them into 2 allied guilds, but waiting for the change we never confirmed will take place, may have a negative effect on the guild.

Allied guilds? I appreciate the suggestion, but from experience I know this doesn't work out. Guilds fell apart over this.

The low guild limits have had a negative effect on the game and guilds. This is something that needs to be a high priority fix. It is badly hurting the game. The allied guild thing never works. People want to log in and see people in their own guild online. They want to be able to ask guild mates to help with projects and to do events. The population on the server is far too limited for all of this to work out. The guild sizes weren't broken pre 4.5 and this change was completely unnecessary. The fact that a level 4 guild is now in the top 20 should show you just how bad things are.

With this new change , If your not willing to revert the guild size's back to 4.0's. Could we at least increase what we do get now? Having lvl 5-8 guilds cap at 50 members seems a bit fickle. Why not continue the trend at least with 5+ Members per each level , lvl 5 = 50 , Lvl 6 = 55 , Lvl 7 = 60 , and capping at Lvl 8 65. It will still be a handicap of course for a majority of the top guilds out there but it will at least be a bit more bearable then just capping the guilds at just 50 altogether.

I'd be willing to accept a compromise, 75 members would be 'fine' and will allow the top guilds to start recruiting again. Being trapped above the limit has so many drawbacks, we couldnt even have people drop to attend a siege as they couldn't get back in again.

Large established guilds are needed to take in new players and point them in the right direction. We cant do that now and its frustrating

A compromise sounds good. Sad no admin responded to the fact multiple people say turning one guild into allied guilds is not as great as it is* said to be.

What is there to respond with?
You asked. Were told there were no plans to raise the number by any amount and proceed with trying to make a compromise with us of how about 65 or 75 member limits.

Guild limits are 50 to push for working in alliances instead of 1 dominating power guild.
If the limit is increased then 1 superior group can better control everything.

An increased cap means player nations have to be increased as well along with changing the siege system to accommodate this.
Player nations are not getting increased, they will only get decreased as we preper for their removal all together.

Now alliances with other guilds there isn't a proper system for.
Now this is solely speculation but if the posibility is there for guilds to asign each other as allied where they share an alliance channel.
Is that something you can see as beneficial that'll be used.

What is there to respond with?

You mention all different points than the one I mean, for example, you talk about alliances between existing guilds.

I was hoping for a change of the admins’ stance in regard to “split up your guild and make two” to which we point out guilds died after doing so on live, but no word at all regarding whether or not it has been noted at all.

Edit: basically there is plenty of reasoning in this thread for making some kind of change, I’m staying tuned, your suggestion for an allied channel is interesting.

The problem with "Alliances" is there is not an easy way to communicate with everyone. If you need to use an outside program like Discord to supplement the game then there is a major flaw. If it's possible to create something like an alliance chat that would atleast help but this 50 guild limit just is ruining the game for me.

LOL oh come on Sjinderson, its gone for 2 years now with 100 limit guilds, and now all of a sudden its bad? If it was really that bad, when you guys started the game you would have limited it then, since ya know, retail has been around and you woulda known the 'damage' such big ol guilds can do.
The people who PAY YOU and play your game and keep it alive, are telling you that they do NOT LIKE THE GUILD SIZE CHANGE.
And Alliances do not work, I been in one and seen it fail super fast. All this is doing is choking the game on something as simple as a guild limit change. Bravo.

Guild limits are 50 to push for working in alliances instead of 1 dominating power guild.
If the limit is increased then 1 superior group can better control everything.
If someone could explain to me how two 50 member guilds working together is the slightest bit different from one 100 member guild to 'rule content', i'd appreciate it. Trying to control content by strangling guild member cap isnt going to work. You could split any dominant guild into 10 guilds and it wont prevent them raiding up to do their thing. Just makes logistics more annoying.

Whats next? Maximum GS cap for guilds? shrink raid sizes and disable coraids? Might as well gear normalise all content to really give everyone a chance if you dont want any one group to dominate..

If someone could explain to me how two 50 member guilds working together is the slightest bit different from one 100 member guild to 'rule content', i'd appreciate it. Trying to control content by strangling guild member cap isnt going to work. You could split any dominant guild into 10 guilds and it wont prevent them raiding up to do their thing. Just makes logistics more annoying.

Whats next? Maximum GS cap for guilds? shrink raid sizes and disable coraids? Might as well gear normalise all content to really give everyone a chance if you dont want any one group to dominate..

Very true, there will always be a group dominating the server, and which group that is tends to rotate, as we can see now by looking at the recent weeks.

This is not our custom update, but the one that is a part of 4.5 global update. Don't try to make it sound like it was our custom change.
As official reply regarding this matter has already been provided several times in this thread, thread is closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back