Bring back wisps and reforging back ?

Revert crafting to 3.0 Or Remain as it is

• Revert to 3.0

Votes: 26 59.1%
  • Remain as it is

Votes: 18 40.9%

• Total voters
You're wrong @RogueChoi
Erenor is extremely cheap to craft. I don't know why so many think that the tweaks made them total shit. Those people seem to forget that weapons & armor require -30% feed and that has a tremendous impact upon it's pricing. Those people must be blind af, too. Because half of west geared players have erenors, further proving that it is totally worth it to go that route, even with nerfed stats.
And distaste towards erenor isn't the reason that there is no market for crafting. Part of the reason for that is what I have just mentioned.

so exactly how does the wisp system save crafting ?

costs of crafting are lower, they dont damand u to regrade items on every tier as well labor costs are lower u can craft couple ayanads every day if u got materials and its not only about crafting. Old system had reforging and wisps that allow u reforge items from wisps instead of repeating entire proces from start every time.

costs of crafting are lower, they dont damand u to regrade items on every tier as well labor costs are lower u can craft couple ayanads every day if u got materials and its not only about crafting. Old system had reforging and wisps that allow u reforge items from wisps instead of repeating entire proces from start every time.

We just need a higher population it’s that simple. Reverting back to the old system would not help anything. There is simply not enough players buying the items. The reason that these items are so cheap is: To many items that don’t sell(lack of players) players undercutting each other.

Reverting to the old system a player would have to craft 10 dephinads to have a high chance at Ayanad. How is that cheaper then the current version? Ultimately you would be consuming 10x the amount of mats required. All the mats to craft would sky rocket in price. Making it even more costly. Yes you could use x amount of wisps to get to eph and skip the first few steps. You could even go right to Delphi but your losing wisps each fail aka losing gold. Currently you can make 3-4 k per craft provided that it’s divine. If you hit an epic (with the increased regrade chances it’s not rare) it’s even more gold. There is no reason that the system should change.

Last edited:
We just need a higher population it’s that simple. Reverting back to the old system would not help anything. There is simply not enough players buying the items. The reason that these items are so cheap is: To many items that don’t sell(lack of players) players undercutting each other.

Reverting to the old system a player would have to craft 10 dephinads to have a high chance at Ayanad. How is that cheaper then the current version? Ultimately you would be consuming 10x the amount of mats required. All the mats to craft would sky rocket in price. Making it even more costly. Yes you could use x amount of wisps to get to eph and skip the first few steps. You could even go right to Delphi but your losing wisps each fail aka losing gold. Currently you can make 3-4 k per craft provided that it’s divine. If you hit an epic (with the increased regrade chances it’s not rare) it’s even more gold. There is no reason that the system should change.

You cant magicly increase population. Old crafting System was allowing to salvage ayanads into wisps so you are not forced to sell weapon on AH if u regrade ayanad and get divine u can wisp it and craft bunch of items again. You have 17% chance for ayanad so 1 in 5 more less crafted delphinads will end as ayanad. Old crafting system cuz of reforging system and lak of regradading when crafting was making it rly cheap.

So accesory armor and 2 pages of wepon AH. i see 1 divine weapon and thats it. So that is in Your opinion fine and no change is needed ?

I’m completely aware of how the old system works. If you get a divine and want a higher grade then yolo it or make a no break. From what your telling me is that your upset you keep getting divines lol. You getting divines is no different then the RNG in the old system and getting a the right proc to upgrade. Your argument is horrible.

Population is not an issue for a market.
There isn't a market because there's no demand.
There isn't a demand because people don't need to buy the gear.

The current system costs more in materials than the previous. A lot more for the ability to chose the roll.
The current system allows anyone to make what they need themselves. You don't need a dedicated crafter. One person can do it all.
With 3.0 you had an ecosystem. Farmers/Producers, the crafters and the buyers.

There is not a high demand for farmers because you now only need the materials one time through.
People can make the gear them self rather easily because the proficiency requirement is close to half the previous. And they only have to make it once.
Now there is no demand for dedicated crafters.

The gear provided by the support pack results in people not need needing to go into Delphinad/Ayanad gear quickly to progress in gear. Many may skip over that and head for erenor or legendary obsidian items out the gate.

The previous system creates an eco system where people rely on others and keep multiple markets active.
The current system creates a self contained system where someone makes and provides everything for themselves which is how ArcheAge progresses in the future and some may argue why current live servers are not enjoyable.

Both systems people will like and hate.
Old and new crafting system have it flaws i know that old crafting system involve rng new one consumes gold, i would be honest here, i would be a bit afraid of putting pool for it cuz a lot of not experienced players would simply vote no cuz they are afraid of rng. But i know as well that old system would allow to put more cheaper items on ah that basicly a choice between that 2. None of them is perfect but i think lesser evil for economy would be old crafting system.
We do not base decisions purely on the result of a poll. A poll just allows us to see a rough region of numbers for yes or no.

Population is not an issue for a market.
There isn't a market because there's no demand.
There isn't a demand because people don't need to buy the gear.

The current system costs more in materials than the previous. A lot more for the ability to chose the roll.
The current system allows anyone to make what they need themselves. You don't need a dedicated crafter. One person can do it all.
With 3.0 you had an ecosystem. Farmers/Producers, the crafters and the buyers.

There is not a high demand for farmers because you now only need the materials one time through.
People can make the gear them self rather easily because the proficiency requirement is close to half the previous. And they only have to make it once.
Now there is no demand for dedicated crafters.

The gear provided by the support pack results in people not need needing to go into Delphinad/Ayanad gear quickly to progress in gear. Many may skip over that and head for erenor or legendary obsidian items out the gate.

The previous system creates an eco system where people rely on others and keep multiple markets active.
The current system creates a self contained system where someone makes and provides everything for themselves which is how ArcheAge progresses in the future and some may argue why current live servers are not enjoyable.

Both systems people will like and hate.

We do not base decisions purely on the result of a poll. A poll just allows us to see a rough region of numbers for yes or no.

You can freely make pool for it if its needed for you i rather hear some arguments. I presonaly feel like we lost something with new adding new crafting system, some part of Archeage beign a true mmo with trade and crafting.

You can freely make pool for it if its needed for you i rather hear some arguments. I presonaly feel like we lost something with new adding new crafting system, some part of Archeage beign a true mmo with trade and crafting.
We consider both.
Poll is just for rough numbers for and against

Yes everybody can craft they own gear, but for ayanad you still need 130K proficiency and u dont get that in a few crafts.

Yes everybody can craft they own gear, but for ayanad you still need 130K proficiency and u dont get that in a few crafts.

That's a fair point.. in the old system people would be crafting, salvaging, reforging, over and over and in that way slowly work towards a higher prof needed to craft higher level gears. Without that rng to start over the crafting process, people miss a lot of, let's say, "motivation" or something, to keep leveling the proficiency. Interesting point of view Vampiris.

LOL there is no demand because of the population. Omg how are you administration ?

He's saying, even if the pop was higher, doesn't mean the demand will increase by a high amount, because even then: "The current system creates a self contained system where someone makes and provides everything for themselves."

Is 130 much though, considering blue salt manuals give 50K (50-100g), T3 dawnsdrop 20K (200-500g), and public craftsman houses 20K (free), hero buff 2K (free) ?
It's just 38K required really.

So far the first valid argument I’ve seen in defending the 3.0 system is that the proficiency skill is to low in 4.0. One thing you are all forgetting is that erenors relys heavily on the 4.0 crafting system. Has anyone here grinded for their own erenor. Up to legendary status? If you revert to the 3.0 system you better freaking buff erenor.
I agree with front butt and sjinderson.

1 -the starter pack created a great way for new people to mildly catch up but it also stopped having new blood take part in the marketplace. The only people really buying armours at divine Ayanad level are typically whales doing erenor.

2) - the population , if there is no one to take part in the auction house there is simply no crafting system. A greater demand for items simply fuels crafting. You will never take away guildies crafting for eachother so saying the proficiency is big issue would disagree and call it a mild issue.

So far the first valid argument I’ve seen in defending the 3.0 system is that the proficiency skill is to low in 4.0. One thing you are all forgetting is that erenors relys heavily on the 4.0 crafting system. Has anyone here grinded for their own erenor. Up to legendary status? If you revert to the 3.0 system you better freaking buff erenor.
I agree with front butt and sjinderson.

1 -the starter pack created a great way for new people to mildly catch up but it also stopped having new blood take part in the marketplace. The only people really buying armours at divine Ayanad level are typically whales doing erenor.

2) - the population , if there is no one to take part in the auction house there is simply no crafting system. A greater demand for items simply fuels crafting. You will never take away guildies crafting for eachother so saying the proficiency is big issue would disagree and call it a mild issue.

there is no need to change erenor cuz 3.0 crafting system would made it easier to craft erenor cuz its cheaper, u can produce more items on lower costs.

there is no need to change erenor cuz 3.0 crafting system would made it easier to craft erenor cuz its cheaper, u can produce more items on lower costs.

You not taking into account the materials you lose when you don’t get the right proc. Also in terms of the Enenor the grade matters as well. You then would be adding 2 layers of rng, that need to align in order to feed the weapon or armor

Back