What's new

Can I Use My Saved Appearance Files from AA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tiptoe

Just a quick question:

I spent ages getting my character to look just the way I wanted her to in ArcheAge. Then I saved her appearance, so that I could re-use it for all my characters (it's saved in a folder in Documents).

Anyway, I'd just like to know if I can copy this saved appearance file to ArcheRage and use it in this new server as well?

*Fingers crossed*

If you have an old 2.9 or older save of your character you can but you cannot take a saved appearance from 3.0 onward and load it into the private server.. they changed the file slightly or something in 3.0 and so it's not compatible.. only thing you can do if you really want the appearance is install RU and open both live and RU trying to tweak the character to look exactly how you want

You could download the Russian client and test it on there servers first if you are unsure.

If you have an old 2.9 or older save of your character you can but you cannot take a saved appearance from 3.0 onward and load it into the private server.. they changed the file slightly or something in 3.0 and so it's not compatible.. only thing you can do if you really want the appearance is install RU and open both live and RU trying to tweak the character to look exactly how you want

Thanks Alinnior. I'm not sure how old the save file is. I know I've successfully copied it from one computer to the next when I bought a new PC. So I guess I'll just have to try it and hope for the best.

@Trion: The files are saved in Documents/ArcheAge/User/Custom :)

Thanks Alinnior. I'm not sure how old the save file is. I know I've successfully copied it from one computer to the next when I bought a new PC. So I guess I'll just have to try it and hope for the best.

@Trion: The files are saved in Documents/ArcheAge/User/Custom :)
I just tried out the russian client, you can't use 3.0+ files on the 2.9 client unfortunately

I just tried out the russian client, you can't use 3.0+ files on the 2.9 client unfortunately

Bummer! Thanks very much for testing this out Trion.

I've had an idea though. I'm going to fire up AA, load my saved appearance file and screenshot all the settings. With luck, maybe I can recreate her appearance in ArcheRage.

Thanks again for testing.

Bummer! Thanks very much for testing this out Trion.

I've had an idea though. I'm going to fire up AA, load my saved appearance file and screenshot all the settings. With luck, maybe I can recreate her appearance in ArcheRage.

Thanks again for testing.

Yea that would work. Some of the sliders have their positions shifted though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back