What's new

Castle delayed again?

Please, do NOT release the anticheat too early.
If anything, release it as late as possible, because sending it out early means the cheat maker will have more time to adapt and counter it.

Guys, from the Administration side there is no even a tiny conspiracy against players, I assure you.
We have postponed land claim/castle seige due to a high number of cheaters in the game. Launching these events now could potentially lead to an unfair land claim by players using a different kind of hacks, from botting to teleporting. We do want to prevent this.
Before launching castles we need to finish all updates of anti-cheat system. That is a matter of several days. We want to make a safe environment for a fair game, and we are doing the best we can to accomplish it as soon as possible. We also try to keep the situation as transparent as it can be, but sometimes we just need a bit more time.
@IronLady
Can you confirm that when you guys say land claim/castle seige you are actually referring to the crafting/claiming of the castles themselves?

Guys, from the Administration side there is no even a tiny conspiracy against players, I assure you.
We have postponed land claim/castle seige due to a high number of cheaters in the game. Launching these events now could potentially lead to an unfair land claim by players using a different kind of hacks, from botting to teleporting. We do want to prevent this.
Before launching castles we need to finish all updates of anti-cheat system. That is a matter of several days. We want to make a safe environment for a fair game, and we are doing the best we can to accomplish it as soon as possible. We also try to keep the situation as transparent as it can be, but sometimes we just need a bit more time.

can you confirm the Monoliths will not spawn and we won't be able to craft the packs?

@IronLady As @Mistertea is getting at we will definitely need to understand the change to standard game mechanics that was implemented to prevent the castle sieges Sunday, otherwise we are going into this blindly as players.

Guys, cheaters always find a way to adapt, but what we can is to minimize the possibility for them to do so.
The world isn't perfect.

Will a GM be online to watch for these cheaters? It would be great if there were some instant retribution and land forfeiture for those who would cheat like this.

Guys, cheaters always find a way to adapt, but what we can is to minimize the possibility for them to do so.
The world isn't perfect.
Yes! Minimize the possibility by releasing the anticheat on the same day if you can! The later the better

Sorry, but do you know how to code cheat detection systems for a sandbox MMO? One that does not severely detriment the operation of the game server?

Sure, cheaters are an issue. It sucks. You know what? Trion has zero anti cheat. Do you even know how many cheaters are/were running around live? Hundreds, if not thousands. The anticheat was in fact STRIPPED from live servers, and there still isn't any. The only "protection" is that the PE for archeage is packed and protected with themida, the game_pak is AES encrypted (which we already know the key to decrypt), and the sqlite DB inside the game_pak is encrypted differently. People who stripped themida from the game PE have already cracked that sqlite DB, because they were able to reverse out the encryption. All of which XL Games implemented, not Trion. That's all local shit Trion can't control. The best they can do is checksum some game files to make sure they weren't modded, and rely on some shitty server side scripts that don't really work.

It's easy to be critical of a team that DOESN'T GET PAID to do anything. Some fans of the game who also happen to be developers put up a private server. There is ZERO guaranteed service. They could drop everything tomorrow, with zero repercussions. These people aren't a company, they donate their own time and lives to keeping the server up and running. They're working on the anti cheat. Things like that take months to program to make them any good. Have some patience.
Lies.
Trion got people monitoring Auroria almost 24/7.
Atleast for the few first months

Last edited:
Lies.
Trion got people monitoring Auroria almost 24/7.

Last time I seen a mod patrolling Auroria, he was flying around a car in sungold on Ollo. (Dead af server at the time) Seen me, picked me up and dropped me through Sungold CR rift to my death. Only time Ive ever seen one lol

Last time I seen a mod patrolling Auroria, he was flying around a car in sungold on Ollo. (Dead af server at the time) Seen me, picked me up and dropped me through Sungold CR rift to my death. Only time Ive ever seen one lol
You usually don't see them - that's the point.. ;)
If you do see them - they don't mind you seeing them.

The hate is real.

Sure, I hate Trion. They're a bunch of greedy, lying scum. But the fact is, anti-cheat was present during the first few months of Archeage's release by Trion Worlds (far before auroria release). I believe it was the software called "Hack shield". Then it was gone. No where to be found. And it was replaced by people (GMs) and super shitty server sided scripts. GMs in game are not "anti-cheat". They're tools to ban if you get caught cheating.

As it stands now, with the ultra low population of the game, the chances of encountering cheaters are super rare, on legacy. But during the first few months of the Fresh Start launch, there were cheaters everywhere, again. Speed cheaters, stealth radar cheaters, fly cheats, texture modifications for perdita statue torso's, and tons of other ones besides. And with no anti cheat, they didn't really get banned unless they got caught. None of what I said is lies at all. I dunno where you're getting your information, but I think you need to check your sources.

Last edited:
Why do the Team have to do what u Players want ? If they do then i want them to held it earlier not at 3am in the morning. 8pm GTM would be nice (because its a damn Sunday) but guess what, they wont. So why would they rechange the Date again just bec of some Traveller? Never heard of this Celebration where u have to travel elsewhere, cant u guys just sit Home? Besides that i see this is 3 Days after Thanksgiving, so whats the Problems NA Players? Does someone even look up to EU Players which are more than NA Players? I guess no. Yes i know its NA server. But no one can exspect us to go on a Russian Server which is running about a Year with a English Patch. Hope the Admins will see that no one would Join a advanced Server, even with english Patch. The Server is Toooo advanced to start over there.

Back